All Comments on 'In My Life Ch. 05'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Western

This is the first HDK Western I have found. I hope to see more of them.

MissMudMissMudover 6 years ago
Great Story!

I just found this one and loved it! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One of the best !

Wish to give it a 10....but cant give more than *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

The ends don't justify the means. In this case, Emerson should go back to sea. Maria will make his life a living hell if he stays.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very good western read.

You wrote this some time ago. It is probably one of the best stories you’ve written ( that includes LIR). It had action adventure and romance. I could visualize the story with out effort. No many authors can make a story come alive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I agree with most of the comments here. Maria was a spoiled little girl and not a woman. Emerson deserved better!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Brings back so many memories....

I grew up reading all of Louis L'Amour and Max Brand books as a child and still have everyone of their books in my collection! This is as good as any of them! The story was very good and Emerson is one of the best characters I have had the opportunity to read about. Maria though is as most comments so far have stated is that she doesn't deserve him. Still all is well when the guy gets the girl(LOL). Great story and I really enjoyed it very much! Sorry I could only give it a five star rating, should have been a ten for sure!

OldBrigantineOldBrigantineover 5 years ago

It could have been a Great story but for the ending (I figured she already sized the ring when he was delirious). But how many times does a guy need to risk is life to prove his love?

Once the ring was on her finger, Emerson should have taken her over his knee in the middle of the dance floor and spanked that spoiled little bitch's butt before marrying her. In part, due to her callous actions and disrespect for authority that had jeopardized the life's of the trial hands beyond just Emerson, she needs and education just like Maureen O'hara got in Mcclintock humbling her!

I could see a Eulogy to this story, due to Emerson's actions/personality (and connections) those connections get him elected into New Mexico government office while he fights for statehood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loved it

I couldn't stop reading,i loved all the parts,it covered every aspect i could think of,thank you.

bigbill84bigbill84over 5 years ago
The best story I have read on Literotica.

Please write another story, anything similar a good story with little or no sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Epic story, but

Difficult to suspend disbelief about a protagonist who heals that fast (not sci fi) and a much too convoluted ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Western Romance

Surprised me, but the most romantic Western Romance I've ever read was 'Riders of the Purple Sage' by 'Zane Gray"!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Curious

Are these characters somehow ancestors or connected in some way to the characters in the lady in red there are so many character similarities and the lake in the lady in red is named after Emerson it seems so I'm just really curious

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Question

After he was shot and stabbed by the Indian, why did he have to ride his horse? Why didn't he ride the chuck wagon?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

The bitches be crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

Great story, but I would have liked a tender moment followed by an amazing kiss between Emerson & Maria at the end. A scene where they privately admit their love & true emotions to each other.

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
I agree with one Anonymous anonymous

That bitch is crazy, and to have her dictate to him In front of all those people, how are you going to have the man look like a pussy and a hero at the same time? No real man would have put up with her shit that long especially with all that other flesh around him...someone rewrite this with him Devastating devastating her by going after her mother or even Cathy or one of her cousins...otherwise a real good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Damn

I know there is no sex in this story but I think it may just be one of your best

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Like it seems many have commented

You are a fine writer and I enjoyed reading this. At times dialogue felt a little stilted , but dialogue can be very difficult. You brought tears to my eyes several times over the love and sacrifices people made for each other. And the ending , with all its build up, just seemed pointless and flat.

Weirdly, just before reading this, I had watched red river,with John Wayne. It , too, had a very good tale spoiled by a stuck on ending . Just as in your tale, the end result was fine and left everyone happy. But they made two tries at it , and neither really worked. John Wayne. Montgomery Clift. Howard Hawkes. Weak contrived ending

. Hawkes blamed the actress Joanne Dru. I blame Marias' final scheme. So you are in good company. And red river is a classic.

Rickbogaert@comcast.net

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wish you do a second part

Like returned to Morgantown, up the WEDDING.... be a nice read I'm sure.........

muskyboymuskyboyabout 4 years ago

Really and truly outstanding. A great story and so well written. I can't wait for more! Thank you.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 4 years ago
Wow! Hall of fame great!

The ending was a foregone conclusion, but... damn!

A truly touching love story!

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
When

Having read this when you read Lay in Red,you will know why lots of it seem familiar,it is in My Life updated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
man

back for the 6th time lol great story definitly one one of the best on this site. With that being said, omg Maria was so annoying!!!!! lol would love to see a follow up with these characters

bob4300sbob4300salmost 4 years ago
Wonderful!

This story should have been published as sold as a hard bound book!

BigDee44BigDee44over 3 years ago

4 for the ending. She cannot find it in her heart to be a little humble and confess her love? Sheesh.

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 3 years ago
Jane Austen rides again

Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy, eat your hearts out. That was worth a five and a fave.

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago
As a life

long fan of Mr. Louis L'Amour, I would like to say you hit this one out of the ballpark!

Great job, KDK!

EmotionalEmotionalabout 3 years ago
Louis would be jealous

Life long Louis Lamour fan here.

He would be jealous of this master piece and would love to buy this as a hardcover book if it is ever published.

MILF_HammerMILF_Hammerabout 3 years ago
Damn good read!

I've always been a big fan of "good westerns". Having said that, I have found that they are hard to come by. After reading this story of yours I'd have to give you this advice....publish it......and write more western's....Please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow what a story and what an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Maria doesn’t deserve Emerson

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

10 Stars One of the best story's I have read in the western. as a book NY time best seller list

Keep writing and western story's seams like your cup of Tea

thanks

charlie

Woodturner2018Woodturner2018almost 3 years ago

Wonderful story. A true romance story with plenty of action.

A favorite of mine!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Much ado about a lot of bluster no too much bluster …

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

One of the best stories, I’ve had the pleasure to read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Finn

scherja1scherja1over 2 years ago

Great story but the end was kind of abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best . I can,t remember log in stuff just know I think you are one of the best on Literotica.

MissMudMissMudover 2 years ago

Even better the second time through! Thank you for this story and all your contributions you share with us. I love reading your stories!

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Masterpiece! Agree it is even better the second time reading. Thanks for this!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Great story series! Very much enjoyed. I would like a little more of an ending… a bit more of a wrap up with details about everyone. But that is just me. Still very much enjoyed this read. Thank-you!

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Give a psycho bitch enough rope and they'll hang themselves every time. Sorry but if I were Emerson, I'd hope the next ship outta the closest port and get the hell away from the psycho Maria. Great story though. Still worth 5 BIG FLUFFY STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How many times did Maria hit our hero? If the situation was reversed how would the readers respond? Maria is really fucked up in the head. Our hero, for his own safety, better get out of town. Actually, the story was very good and well written except for the as previously mentioned "psycho bitch".

icedragonmo3icedragonmo3almost 2 years ago

Liked the story itself. The dialog was awful, with everyone blurting out all their thoughts and observations in jagged chunks... With exclamation point overload.

ShyGuy_1701ShyGuy_1701over 1 year ago

I loved this story. The only issue I have is with the ring test at the very end, I felt that was unnecessary. She had no reason to test him like that as EVERYONE knew how he felt.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
How

How can anyone in their right mind,marry a bitch like Maria?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Worst of your stories your main character was pathetic with no back bone and you tried to over compensate his weakness by making him some lethal 18 th century ninja don't even want to talk about your female lead immature and egoistic

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

lol man what a spoiled bitch maria is

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story! Great plot line and characters. Enjoyed reading it very much.

Mike R

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't pay any attention to the trolls. It is a great story, but it needs one more chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I sure do wish you had continued this story. It really deserved to be continued!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

PLEASE continue this story.

daves_not_heredaves_not_hereover 1 year ago

5 stars, but you really should add an epilogue for this story. I still enjoyed reading it.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

interesting, romantic, etc. good but not one of your best, kind of too silly.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureabout 1 year ago

Fun classic old fashioned western melodrama. Great job developing so many characters. 5 stars

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureabout 1 year ago

Fun classic old fashioned western melodrama. Great job developing so many characters. 5 stars

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

Still love this story but I have to ask, couldn't he have rode in the chuck wagon?

seafarer20seafarer20about 1 year ago

Poor Emerson, he'll leak like a sieve on his wedding night. Enjoyed it.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFireabout 1 year ago

The ending almost killed this whole story for me. I’m a goddamn girl and I was cringing at the drama of it all ffs.

SeaChangerSeaChanger11 months ago

Too slow. Too obvious. Too much Maria.

3*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I wish you would write more stories about the West. I loved this story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Maria is certainly one of, if not the most, despicable female characters you have written.

Perhaps “obviously”, I greatly prefer your female Lady in Red character - as well as her friends & family.

Thank you,

Craig

LaucaubinLaucaubin9 months ago

Goose bumps. Lots of goose bumps and rivited throughout the whole story. Thank you for this adventurist and romantic tale

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar9 months ago

A good western tale is always a treat. I've read this one a couple of times and it is a fun read. Too bad the Maria character is such a miserable excuse of a human being. That ending was absolutely cringe worthy but it fit the Maria character perfectly, based on how she was written throughout the story. My 5* vote has been reaffirmed.

Ocker53Ocker537 months ago

Long but a good story⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

“What did you thibj of this story?”

Perhaps I finally ‘got it’!!!

Somehow the author was persuaded to write a another good & strong story BUT to have the MC female be fully unlikeable - contrary to such as all the LiR tales, for instance.

And this ‘Maria’ was his result.

A really good yarn with a female protagonist who is fully unacceptable.

Craig

If the lifht has really dawned for me all these years later: congratulations, truly,, HDK..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good read but so juvenile. I thought I was back in jr high with all the pettiness p

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The actions and behavior of the main female character lowered this from a 5 to a 3 star. In a real life situation, the questions at the end would have never been concluded. The MC would have accurately interpreted the female had an agenda that was designed to embarrass him and would have simply vacated the event and returned to the sea. He would have concluded it was her intent to demonstrate that she was the dominate player in that relationship. Better a life of loneliness than under the foot of an arrogant girl.

cutedaddy69cutedaddy694 months ago

Do not agree with any of the criticisms, except perhaps a bit of the 'pettiness' (easily forgiven on account of everything else!).

I myself also dreamed of Maria and adored her and fully understood how she would be insecure, doubtful, anxious, etc. Racism and other hurtful experiences can leave a very deep mark on someone's self image.

Loved the intricate plots, the character development (of Emerson AND others) and forgive the few cliché's like Billy the side kick or Ellen kissing Emerson the mouth.

This was very close to the perfect romance and very engaging. Great accomplishment! Tx & *******

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really enjoyed this. It needed a bit of polish and a thorough proof read but otherwise is as good as a lot of published westerns. The ending again felt a bit light and incomplete. Bit ot was an excellent story so I'm a bit surprised about some of the critics below and their complaints. Guess some people just love to pull a good story to pieces just because they can rather than offer constructive feedback for an author. Well worth reading and one of this authors better submissions. BardnotBard

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

This was a modern day Zane Grey novel.

The romantic tension between the two main characters was pure Zane Grey !

Took me back to the 1940's and 50's.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

When a writer, who is obviously in tune with life, writes a Romantic masterpiece, how can some people be such foolish nit-pickers?

Read the series and judge for yourself.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Fucking stupid and overdramatic. A cuck writing romance and cowboys has to overdo it

DwarfLord50DwarfLord50about 1 month ago

This has been a lot of fun to read. Sure, some of the misunderstandings have been a touch over dramatic, but I’m still happily reading along. I do enjoy your writing style. “Emerson, Maria has never been more dangerous than tonight. You'd have a better chance if she came after you with a gun!" That one made me chuckle out loud. Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This is a 4 star story . The ending cost it a star . It was the best western on this site until the ending . A wedding or them riding off in the sunset side be side would have made this a 5 star story .

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

It was going really well, aside from the ease at which the MC recovered from life threatening wounds in a time without penicillin or an adequate understanding of germ theory. However, the final confrontation between the MC and Maria was just too wierd to stomach. It felt beyond melodramatic, out of place and just plain inappropriate. Sadly this brought it down to a 3*

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

In My Life Ch. 04 Previous Part
In My Life Series Info