In The End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh ok that's good Scott keep thinking positive. It's late hun I have to go. You take care ok? I luv you loads. Bye."

As soon as Drew hung up she wrote herself a reminder to write to the Linkin park fanclub the next morning.

She was going to tell them everything if possible and hopefully they would pass on the message and the members would send few autographs so Drew could send it to Scott to make him feel better.

she didn't know Scott had gone on holiday with the actual band. Scott didn't tell her because he knew that she loved them as much as he did and she would be heart broken if she found out that he had gone without her.

A week later:

"Hey look there's an email from California." Said Mike.

"Oh wow Mike what's it say?" Chester said sarcastically.

"It's from a girl called Drew from England and she's written about Scott, he's had some rescans and he wont be able to come to our concert in London."

"Oh shit I hope he's ok." Said Chester

"Shit what a bummer." Said Dave.

"I know, but it's got all the details here in the email, you know, where he's hospitalised, visiting hours. We can pay him a visit2. Mike added

"That'll be so cool." Said Chester, seemingly excited to see Scott again.

Chapter 9

"So where is Scott anyways?" Asked Chester who seemed more excited to see Scott again than usual.

"He's in oxford infirmary. Not far from London compared to all the touring we do back at home." Replied Mike rereading the print out to reassure himself.

Rob was lucky enough to get the window seat on the jumbo jet. And sat slumped in his first class chair gazing out the window, mesmerized by the clouds he slowly drifted off to sleep as the setting sun highlighted his peaceful face.

Having seen what a good idea it was to catch some sleep, joe eventually drifted off too. Everyone else was too excited about the up and coming events in ManChester and London and seeing Scott again to be able to sleep

"We can go and see him just before that session thing in Maida vale on friday." Said Chester.

"That's in 2 days are we gonna have time? I mean we have venue checks, sound checks, lighting to check and shit." Said Brad determined to make sure everything is perfect for the night.

"Look chill out big bad. Everything is going to be fine, that's why we hire people to do all that shit for us.

We'll check into our hotel first then we can get someone to drive us there ok?" Dave suggested.

"how could you think like that at a time like this?" He said again.

A few of hours later everyone had exhausted themselves and had fallen fast asleep, they had arrived at Heathrow but it was still dark. The change in cabin pressure woke them up with popping ears.

"Goddamn my ears." Complained Mike pressing onto his ears.

"What did you say? I can't hear you. my ears are popping." Said Chester.

Everyone gathered their bags as the plane prepared for landing.

Chapter 10

"Well that's me unpacked." Said Chester as he threw his suitcase into the en-suite walk-in wardrobe.

"Let's go and see Scott"

"We can't it's past visiting hours we'll go tomorrow morning after breakfast. I know I'll send him a text with my 'touring in England phone' I hope he checks it soon, just letting him know that we're all here and wer're all going. Said Mike. At the same time Mike called up the hospital to double check that Scott was actually there.

Hey guys, just found out there they're only allowing 2 visitors at a time." Said Mike with a disappointed face. As he gave back joe's phone

"You guys go," said Brad

"I'm staying here to rehearse."

"You're such a geek." Giggled Chester.

"We can all go but just 2 at a time. Who wrote in anyway?" He asked.

"Some chick called Drew, she's Scott's penpal from leeds."

"Where's that?" Asked Chester.

"It's further up north I think." Replied Mike

"It's near Manchester. I think we should send her some goodies for being such a good friend or go and visit her in person.W

"I totally agree. is she a fan? Actually don't answer that she couldn't have known the address to the fan club if she didn't have the album, unless of course she asked someone, oh well I still think we should get her something, how about a hoodie as it's coming up to fall and a few stickers or something." Suggested Chester

"That's a good idea maybe we could throw in some tickets too?" suggested Rob as he walked into Mike and Chester's room catching the last of the conversation.

"Who's 'her'?" asked rob

"Scott's penpal Drew."

"Who's Scott? Said a rather tired dave." Everyone giggled and shook their head.

That night Scott was bored and Byron had been taken away to get some scans. He left a note for Byron:

'Alright dude. Will be back soon just gone for a walk. Scott'

Scott took his mobile fone with him to text Drew he had to take it outside the hospital coz they interfere with the equipment.

'2 messages received' it said.

Yay. Said Scott, one from ms sexy (drew) and one from Remy. Scott preferred the name Remy to Joe because it was so different.

'Hey mr sexy,u ok?How's hospital?met ne fit blokes yet?went to andys house today.luv mischief ms.sexy'

Scott smiled and text her back:

'Hey ms sexy,Im fine,got operation in 2wks,hav met fit bloke called Byron,wil tel you more L8r.luv norty mr sexy.'

Then he checked the text message from Remy/Joe:

'Hey j!tis mike on joe's fone,we're in england!coming to see you vsoon.mike'

Scott nearly jumped out of his skin with excitement, the thought of being able to see Mike and Chester and co again.

Scott went back to the ward with a huge grin on his face. Byron was back from his scans.

"So how was everything?" Asked Scott.

"Dunno, should get the results back tomorrow though. It's a bitch." He replied

Chapter 11

The next day Scott was woken by the nurse doing her morning obs. Then break fast was served.

"Scott..." Said the nurse

"There's someone here to see you." Said the nurse as she stepped aside to reveal Chester and Mike. Half expecting Drew to turn up, he turned round to face the nurse only his eye fixed onto Chester instead. He mentally thanked god he wasn't in his pyjamas and that he had cleaned himself up that morning. Scott's face was a face of utter shock.

"Oh my god you guys, hiya Chaz, alright Mike." Scott trying desperately not to go over the top. he took a deep breath as he gave them each a hug.

"How are you two?" he could feel his face go red as he put his hands on his face. Mike had dyed his hair electric blue again and Chester had grown back his bleached spikes and made them selves looked extra handsome.

"We're cool a bit jet lagged, just arrived here last night did you get my text message?" Said Mike, Scott felt privileged the fact that the first thing his idols did was visit him as soon as they got here.

"Aww poor you. yeah I did get your text, thank you. Do you know what? I couldn't believe my eyes. I was totally not expecting it. But where's everyone else?" said Scott, feeling himself relaxing abit.

"Oh they're waiting for us downstairs in the restaurant to have lunch." replied Chester.

Scott felt himself melting in his bed as Chester spoke for the first time since he arrived.

"Funky. I'd love to see them again later if it's ok?" Said Scott.

"Yeah of course it is. So how have you been Scott are they treating you well? Can I sit here?" Chester asked as he point to the chair by Scott's bed.

"Yeah make yourselves at home! I'm fine but just feeling a little low is all."

"Well we thought you might've been feeling a little down so we got you these as a get well soon present." said Mike as he handed Scott a card and a plastic bag. Scott carefully and slowly opened the card and read it:

'Dear #1 fan Scott,

Hope you get well soon, we look forward to seeing you next time we're in England."

Then it was signed by all 6 members. Inside the card was some Linkin Park stickers and some patches which could be sewn onto his chinos.

"Aw wow thanks guys." Scott said with a huge smile on his face. Mike and Chester looked at each other knowing that they did a good thing today. Scott went on to investigate the contents of the bag.

It was a hoodie and a t- shirt with the Linkin Park soldiers and logos on them, along with signed copies of the album and singles, including the limited edition singles and a signed copy of the EP album. Scott sat there holding the cds thinking about what to do with the cds he already has at home.

"Oh my god you guys. I don't know what to say. Thank you so much you've really made my year." Scott said feeling a little over whelmed he wanted to cry but not in front of Chester and Mike.

"Do you wana come down for lunch?" Asked Chester.

"That would be a great idea." Said Scott.

"Actually since I heard the food aint so great here I was thinking we could go somewhere else to eat. our treat?" Asked Chester.

Everyone turned to face the nurse, worried that they might have offended her.

The nurse tending to Byron nodded. Scott hid the freebies in his locker, smiled at byron and left the ward with Mike and Chester.

Chapter 12

"I've just noticed you're a lot taller than you look in the pictures." Scott said looking up slightly to speak to Chester and Mike.

"Yeah it's the camera angles." Giggled Mike, and just then it hit him. Scott realised that Byron's laugh was exactly like Mike Shinoda's.

'How cool...how yummy.' Scott thought. Scott mentally slapped himself for thinking like a teenybopper.

The 3 walked down to the restaurant to fetch the rest of the gang and left the hospital.

As the gang walked out the gates they stopped.

"Do you know what? I have no idea where any of the restaurants are." Said Chester.

"I'll ask since my English accent is better than yours." Scott said jokingly

Scott carried on walking with the gang walking by his side, he was so excited with the fact that he was walking with his favourite band and his friends.

He approached the first unsuspecting pedestrian.

Excuse me, could you tell us where we could find a decent restaurant to eat please? Asked Scott politely

"Oh My God it's Linkin park, oh my god, would you mind if I got your autograph?"

No not at all. Every one said in unison as if it was rehearsed.

The grungy looking girl rummaged in her bag for a piece of paper and a pen and got everyone's autograph.

"Wow this is so cool Linkin Park in Oxford. Ok there's a really nice restaurant down the street called the Thai palace. I go there all the time with my friends."

Chapter 13

The day had gone well. The gang headed back towards the hospital. Chester was once again tumbling about the place with a beer in one hand and mike's shoulder in the other.

"Chester it's not even 2 pm yet. Oh well this is me." Said Scott standing outside the hospital front entrance.

"Yeah we hate to leave you but we have to plan a concert, I tell ya what we'll record it for you and we'll put in a special dedication for you so everyone listening will know of you. it's a CD ok?" Asked mike.

"Yeah that's fine that'll be great, thanks guys you're the best. Oh and one more thing I have an operation in 2 weeks." Wish me luck.

"Good luck Scott, keep the faith." Said mike accompanied with a manly hug.

"Yeah sonny good luck." said Chester with a more affectionate hug.

"We'll come back and see you ok?" Said Joe as he waved his frog In the air. The other guys weren't as close to Scott as mike and Chester so they just waved and headed off.

Scott waved back, as a tear ran down his face he walked back inside. All the mixed emotions messed up his head. His closet love for Mike and Chester, his happiness thanks to the day he's had to spend with his friends, and sadness because they had to leave, the anger and hatred he felt for his egg yolk.

Byron noticed the swollen puffy eyes when Scott walked back into the ward and immediately jumped off the bed to comfort him.

"Shit Scott what did they do to you?" He asked

"Oh Byron it's not them it's me, I'm so pathetic. Anyway enough about me. What are the results of your scans?" said Scott

"They're not important right now, you just concentrate on feeling better, you're not pathetic, you're just young, you're a teeny bopper only you're not a teenager." giggled Byron.

"Fuck off." Giggled Scott punching him in the arm.

"Sorry to interrupt you two but I have some good news for you Scott."

"No it's ok. Ok I'm all ears." Said Scott holding on to Byrons arms.

"Dr kerr says that since you have recovered so well during your stay here, we all agree that you can go home and come back if you a have problem before your operation or if you are actually coming in for your operation. Ok?" Said the nurse.

"Really? You mean I can go like now?" for a second Scott had forgotten about Byron and ran back out again to phone mum and dad to pick him up.

Meanwhile a tear ran down Byron's face as he heard Scott's good news, knowing that he might not see Scott again.

'I have to tell him today. He said to himself.' All these feelings for Scott had been building up since the day they met.

AS Scott ran back in to pack his stuff, Byron stopped him in his path and took him by the shoulders.

"Scott." He said firmly wiping the tears off his face.

"I don't really know how else to say this but…" and he stopped and stared at Scott. Scott took Byron in his hands and wiped away another tear rolling down his soft pink skin.

Scott had to tip toe, he leaned towards him and kissed his lips. He lightly licked Byrons lips, his lips parted as if to invite it in. Byron held Scott in his arms tightly.

Scott unwillingly pulled away and started packing his clothes realising what he had just done. Making the phone call was a big mistake as going home would leave him open to nagging from the over protective parents.

Scott sat at his bed waiting not knowing how long his parents would be. They came half an hour after he finished packing.

Scott felt himself well up inside as he approached Byron to say good bye. Byron held out his hand with dismay. His puppy dog gaze told Scott what he wanted to know. Scott shook Byron by the hand, Byron immediately took Scott's hand with both his hands and held tightly. Scott surprised at the soft and warmth of Byron's hands unwillingly pulled away. As he did he could feel the soft hands slip away. The feeling made the hairs on the back on his neck stand up.

In the car Scott was feeling low and was close to tears, the roads and the fast cars made him dizzy so he closed them till they reached home, he didn't realise he was so tired and had fallen asleep on the journey home.

Upon arrival Scott was about to take his bags out of the boot before his dad came.

"I'd better take that son, the doctor said you shouldn't exert yourself by lifting heavy things." Scott did as he was told as it was useless to argue in his condition.

Chapter 14

Feeling some how relieved to be at home in his own bed Scott slept easy as it was a lot better than the hospital beds.

The next day Mum took Scott out for a shopping trip in town.

'Oh great.' thought Scott ungratefully. His home town wasn't exactly Harrods. It used to be a cattle market. A typical town centre really with a respectable number of shops and pubs.

The weather was mediocre, Window shopping was dull, there wasn't anything there than Scott particularly liked. He already had everything he wanted from the goodie bag mike and Chester had given to him.

Back at home Scott started unpacking his things. He got to the goodie bag and tipped everything out with excitement. The CDs tumbled out with the hoody. He quickly took off his coat and threw it on his bed. He shook out the hoody and looked at it and gazed at it absorbing it in. He pulled it over his head and looked at himself through the mirror, it's a large size but it fits perfect.

Scott felt himself a go dizzy and lay down on his bed to rest for a bit.

By dinner time, the headache was gone and he was no longer dizzy but knew he had to be more careful.

A week and a half had passed very slowly and Scott headaches and dizziness were no more for the time being. Scott had started moving around more although he still wasn't allowed to go out by himself because of his parents, however as each day passed Scott had become more confident in his actions and less careful.

Scott slipped static-x's CD album into his Hi Fi and hit the play button. He skipped the first track which was an intro. 'Get to the gone' blared out of the speakers as Scott turned the volume up and started warily head banging to the industrial metal track. The energetic track made Scott feel good. He hadn't felt this good since he left Byron Scott remembered. Then he switched it off when he realised how much he had missed Byron even though he hardly knew him. Scott fell onto his bed and broke down into tears thinking he wasn't going to see him again.

He sniffed hard and swiped his face on his sleeve.

"God I'm pathetic." Thought Scott

"You're not pathetic, you're just young, you're a teeny bopper only you're not a teenager." Scott let out a small giggle as Byron's words echoed through his head, but his heart ached as he craved for those last moments of contact that he just couldn't get out of his head.

Chapter 15

After dinner Scott packed up his stuff for the time he's going to be in hospital for the operation. Scott was never the sort to be nervous to be begin with, they always came on minutes before. This was going to be the ultimate test for Scott, one that if he failed, he would not be able to resit.

This thought rolled over and over again inside Scott's head like an old record as he sat in the car back towards the infirmary.

Arriving in the carpark, Scott thought about the last few moments he had with Byron, the last tender kiss, the gentle touch, the heart ache. Scott's dad helped with the bags and took them back his ward, which was reserved for him.

Walking through the doors of his bay in the ward he saw a familiar face. It was Byron and he was still in hospital, Scott gave a huge smile and was about to drops his bags and run over but he had just remembered that his dad was still with him following closely behind.

"Alright mate are you not dead yet?" Giggled Scott as he put away his bags.

"Nah the man upstairs got sick of me and sent me back." He laughed out loud. Scott was so glad to see him again. he had not smiled so much in a what felt like ages.

'If I didn't know better I'd think I'd enjoy hospitals better than home!' Scott thought to himself.

"You ok son?" Scott's dad asked.

"Yeah I'll be ok, I'll see you tomorrow ok?"

"Yes of course, anyway I can't stay I have some important stuff to do at work."

"So aren't I important to you?" Scott joked

"Don't be silly course you are but you're in safe hands now. ok? Bye son." Scott's dad kissed him on the forehead and left.

When Scott was sure dad was out of site, Scott and Byron jumped off their beds and ran towards each other, they crashed into each other in a much needed passionate kiss. The nurses clapped and applauded much to Scott's embarrassment. During Scott's time away, Byron had earned his title as hospital homo of the month, being the cheeky happy chappy that he is, he wasn't afraid to flaunt his sexuality. He was free entertainment for the patients and he made them laugh. But now he was Scott's.

Byron took Scott by the hand with their lips still in contact and lead him to his bed. Byron pulled away and drew the curtains around his cubicle. He laid himself on the bed and Scott climbed on top. Scott rested himself next to Byron as he pulled up the railings. There Scott fell asleep.

Byron stayed awake for a while longer. Watching Scott fall into a deep sleep, Byron sighed as Scott's beautiful peaceful face lay on his shoulder. Byron soon drifted off too.