Intertwined Fates 13: Awakening

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good. Well I will go and find my bodyguards now," Miranda says, walking off.

***

"Where did you get these bite marks, Sergei?" asked Viktoria.

"I was about to acquire the target until another wolf charged out at me. He was much stronger then I expected, I think there maybe an alpha wolf protecting her," said Sergei as he grimaced while Viktoria inspected his neck wounds.

"Well, Sergei, any deeper and that wolf would have killed you," Viktoria told him.

"Thanks, Viktoria. I was careless to not consider that there could have been somebody else protecting her. The man that was with her is most likely the wolf that attacked me," Sergei mused softly.

"We will need a description on him. It probably won't do to much good though," Viktoria said in response.

"Probably not, but this prophecy has got the Queen very worried. Carl is being hidden from us and he's a real risk to the Council," Sergei said softly.

"We can only hope for the best. You're free to go, Sergei," Viktoria told him.

***

"Babe, do you want to go out somewhere nice tonight? Laura is going to be taking Aaron out and helping him with his first feed," said Jake as he walked into the bedroom.

Kally licked her lips as she watched his bare chest. "Sorry, Jake, but I promised Carl that I would talk to Joy. So I'm going to take her out tonight," said Kally her eyes following his bare chest as he pulled a shirt out of the drawers and pulled it on.

"That's alright. I'll go and see if Carl wants to do anything," Jake responded.

"Ok, I will see you later tonight then, babe," Kally said as she reached up and kissed him before sliding off the bed.

"Have a good night, Kally," Jake wished her.

"I will and I'm so looking forward to catching up with her," Kally responded.

"I'll see you when you get back," he promised, and then he left the room.

After rummaging around in the draws, she found the clothes that Jake had picked up for her. After dressing she picked up the phone that was lying on the bedside table.

After a few rings it picked up. "Hello, Joy here," Joy said into it.

"Joy! Its Kally," Kally responded

"Kally! It's been awhile since I've heard from you. What have you been up to?" asked Joy excitedly.

"You wouldn't believe what's been happening around here. I can't wait to tell you. Do you want to go out tonight?" asked Kally expectantly.

"Sure, that would be great. I can't wait to catch up with you. I've got so many things to talk about too," Joy replied.

"Great I'll come and pick you up in about an hour? Is that enough time?" asked Kally.

"Sure, that's plenty of time," Joy said.

"Great, I'll see you then Joy," said Kally and then hung up.

As she was finding her coat she almost ran into Carl.

"Sorry there, Kally," Carl said in apology.

"No problem, I'm just about to go out and meet Joy. I'll tell you everything when I get back ok, Carl?" Kally told him.

"Sure, thanks, Kally. It's really hard not being near her," said Carl.

"It will be alright, Carl. I have to go now though," Kally said as she walked to the door.

"Bye, see you when you get back," Carl called after her.

***

"Ready to go Joy?" asked Kally after Joy opened her door.

"Yeah, let's go. We have lots to talk about," Joy said.

After arriving at the nightclub called the 'Blue Maiden' they found some seats at the bar and ordered their drinks.

"What's been going on with you Kally? Has work been chewing your arse like it has me?" asked Joy.

"I can't actually go to work anymore. I have to tell you something, Joy. You know my boyfriend Jake?" asked Kally.

"Yeah, he's really gorgeous," Joy replied.

"Well it turns out he is a vampire," said Kally

"Wow," said Joy as her mouth began to gape open.

"He turned me, so I'm a vampire now. I knew from what happened with Carl. I didn't want to tell you right away," Kally continues.

Joy just had a shocked expression on her face as she tried to digest the information.

"Joy? Say something please," Kally begged.

"Sorry Kally. It's just that really shocked me. How well do you actually know your fanged boyfriend?" asked Joy.

"He's awesome, he'd never hurt me. I love him and I know he loves me. He went through all kinds of shit for it, so I know his feelings are genuine," Kally told her.

"Ok, just wanted to make sure. Carl isn't around for me to feel like that," said Joy.

"Don't worry, Jake helped me through the stages but then I was stuck in his apartment for three days with nothing to do! I was sooo bored. So when he finally came back, I let him have it. I pretty much raped him," said Kally.

Joy grinned and asked "Your man is that appealing?"

"Oh yes. He might not be as well built as Carl is, but he's still gorgeous. He even let me come with him so I could get involved into a piece of the action," Kally told her.

"What happened?" asked Joy.

"The lady who runs things, can't really call her a master considering that she's only been dead a few years. Her human husband got kidnapped by the same people that got Carl. So they were in this really large lounge room, that's more like a ballroom. They were planning his rescue," said Kally.

"So what happened?" asked Joy anxiously.

"When they rescued him and brought him back to the mansion he was so badly wounded. He had burns, slashes and bite marks all over his chest and his face was so badly swollen I doubt that he'd been able to see," Kally continued.

"Is he ok now?" asked Joy.

"He's fine, but his wife turned him. So he's out with his wife now. A vampire as young as he is needs help to control their urges," Kally soothed her.

"What was it like for you?" asked Joy

"A little difficult but not too bad since Jake was there to help me with the feeding. It's getting easier to resist the urge to bite something," said Kally then she grinned showing a bit of fang.

Joy jumped in surprise and pouted "Kally! You scared me there!"

Kally giggled then asked "Ok, so what's been happening with you?"

"Where to start...Oh yeah the supposedly human guy that Carl sent to help me with his work, turned out to be not so human," Joy says.

"Really? Wow. What is he?" asked Kally.

"He's a werewolf. He turns into one massive ebony black wolf on the full moon. Or whenever he pleases," Joy told her.

"How did you find this out?" Kally asked breathlessly.

"He was supposed to be my bodyguard during the daytime to. I know Carl is looking out for me because the guy is Carl's best friend," Joy told her.

"So how did you find out that he was a werewolf?" asked Kally.

"We were walking back to the office after we had a snack and Adam ran off and told me to stay where I was. So I had to sit down on this fence post waiting for him to come back then this creature that I was sure was a wolf but it had these massive fangs and glowing red eyes. As it was about to attack me this blur of black fur slammed into it. It was actually Adam in his wolf form but I didn't know that at the time. So after he drove the creature off he raced off. So I followed him from curiosity, because that's where Adam ran off to. When I got there, Adam was fastening his pants and he had two deep massive gashes slashed across his chest where the beast had slashed the wolf. Oh and did I mention he's hot and has a great body?" Joy asked.

"No, though seeing a shirtless and gorgeous guy is always a bonus. Even through all that blood, I could see that Aaron was well built," Kally admits.

"Well I wasn't really focusing on his chest, mainly because his eyes were so incredibly freaky. They were like frozen but with a bestial energy behind them that sort of want to make you cower," Joy said, shuddering.

"Why did Carl tell you he was human?" asked Kally.

"It seems that Adam never told him about it. But now Adam knows that Carl has his own supernatural problems it shouldn't be too hard for him to tell him. Don't say that to Carl though because Adam may not have told him yet. Need to give him sometime to tell him," said Joy.

"I promise I won't say anything, even to Jake. Isn't there anything normal in our lives anymore? Barely a month ago we were single and only had work issues to deal with," Kally mourns.

"No, I don't think so but I think we can blame all this craziness on that evil bitch Miranda, Carl's ex-wife," Joy grumbles.

"I know, Jake told me some of the details. Miranda is seriously crazy. She wanted to bind Carl to her as a slave, but Aaron is the one who actually saved him. That's why he got kidnapped," Kally told her.

"Can you do something for me Kally?" asked Joy.

"Yeah?" replied Kally.

"Can you tell Aaron, thanks from me for saving Carl when you see him?" asked Joy.

"Sure, I can do that," said Kally.

"Let's see if we can't talk about something normal? Work is a bitch but it's been so much easier since Adam came. Not to mention the fact that he's good to look at. He's got a great arse, just like Carl," Joy said.

"I haven't been to work; I'm going to have to resign. They'll have too many questions when all my shifts are night shifts. I'm going to be helping Jake out with whatever needs doing so I don't go out of my mind with boredom," said Kally.

"Don't the vampires your living with have jobs?" asked Joy

"Not that I know of. I hear though that Laura the vampiress who owns the vampire mansion is going to be setting up her own company," Kally replies.

"You'll probably be able to get into that then," Joy mused.

"We'll see about that. I will need something to do other then hang around the mansion," Kally adds.

"I have to tell you though, I'm really missing Carl. It's hardly been two weeks since it happened and I'm missing him like crazy," Joy sighed.

"He misses you too, Joy, but he said to tell me that he's not ready yet. But he will come to you when he is," Kally promised her.

"Thanks for the assurances, I know Carl will come to me when he's ready but it's still an agonizing wait," said Joy.

"I know it would be," Kally says in return.

"I don't even have work to distract me any more. Adam is so good at his job," Joy pouted.

"That must be a pain," Kally snickers out.

"It is and I go home at normal times now. But at least I'm not so stressed anymore," said Joy.

"Do you want me to tell Carl anything from you?" asked Kally.

"Yeah, just that I really miss him," Joy says softly

"I can do that for you, Joy," said Kally.

***

"Igor, how long has it been since we got here?" asked Miranda.

"Two weeks my lady," said Igor in his thick Russian accent.

"The Sabre are nowhere near finding out where we are, are they?" asked Miranda.

"No my lady, I don't think they've even found our last position yet. But I don't think it will be much longer until such time," said Igor.

"I need you to do something for me. If Markus doesn't want to act on this and just sit on it. I'd rather take some steps towards our goals," Miranda hissed.

"Yes, my beautiful lady," said Igor as he smiled. Miranda wasn't completely beautiful any longer as the silver burns she received from the sabotaged ritual didn't heal completely so now she has patches of melted skin down the left side of her face.

"Is this it?" asked Miranda as Igor returned with a thick plain book.

"Yes, my lady. I have the sections marked out," Igor responds as he handed her the book.

"Good, thank you Igor. You may follow me if you wish," Miranda tells him as she walked towards the ritual chambers under the new complex they were stationed in.

"Yes, my lady," Igor agrees as he followed her like a loyal servant.

"Do you know how these spells work Igor?" asked Miranda.

"Yes of course my lady. I was a powerful sorcerer before my death. I'm quite certain on how these spells work," Igor responds.

"Good, let's proceed then," said Miranda as she walked into the vast catacombs of ritual chambers and magical prisons running underneath this ancient bastion of sorcery.

"This room, my lady," said Igor.

"Excellent, let's get this ritual started," Miranda commanded.

"Here is the spell, my lady," Igor tells her after flicking through the pages in the large tome.

"Thank you, Igor," Miranda says as she walked over and pulled his shirt out of his pants then took the book from his hands. She pressed her hand against his bare muscled stomach and began to recite the words of the spell as she placed the book over the pentagram in the centre of the chamber.

*"Ego dico vos ex valde obscurum, ego voco vos per vox of meus vernula quod cruor of meus vena," Miranda chanted in a foreign tongue. Igor slashed Miranda's hand and the blood sprayed on to the ring. Igor tensed as he felt the pull of energy being drained from him.

*"Adeo mihi, Adeo mihi!" shouted Miranda. Igor groaned as the pulling drain began to affect him. There was a howl as an impossible wind slashed through the chamber, and then there was nothing. Igor relaxed as the energy drain vanished.

"What happened there? Why did nothing come through anything?" asked Miranda.

"I don't know my lady. The spell was working I could feel it," said Igor.

"There could be some sort of blockage somewhere," Miranda mused.

"I don't know my lady, possibly. However we should use the closing ritual incase anything did open that wasn't supposed to," Igor suggested to her.

"Yes, that would be a good idea," Miranda agreed.

*"Ego transporto vos tergum ut valde obscurum, ego expello vos tergum ut vorago per vox of meus cruor," chanted Miranda as she split more of her blood over the pentagram.

There was another impossible wind this time it seemed to suck inwards sealing whatever had been opened. "I will study this book closer, my lady. There is most likely something we are missing to make this ritual work," Igor told her.

"That would be good, Igor. Thank you for your time," Miranda says to him.

"My pleasure, my lady," said Igor as he walked out of the chamber. As Miranda went to follow she felt something that felt like ghostly tendrils sailing past her.

There was a chilling whisper in the air as it passed through the archway out of the chamber "I...have...awakened."

********

*"I call you from the great darkness, I summon you with the power of my servant and the blood of my veins,"

*"Come to me, Come to me!"

*"I send you back to the great darkness, I banish you back to the abyss with the power of my blood,"

12