Intervention

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Paula cursed under her breath then got to her feet. She changed out of her jeans into a pair of shorts, and pulled her t-shirt up around her neck to remove her bra, tossing it into the hamper after righting her shirt. She pulled a brush through her hair and sighed heavily.

She wondered if she was really being supportive of Ashley's decision to stay with Mark. Sure, she loved her brother and wanted to see him happy, but forcing Ashley to admit her feelings when she wasn't ready could only end in disaster and heartbreak for the both of them.

She fiddled with the handle of her brush before setting it back down and walking to her door. Holding her head high, she walked to Ashley's door, knocking softly.

"Yeah?" Ashley called out from behind the door.

"Can I come in?"

"It's open," Ashley replied, sitting at the vanity, confused more than ever about her feelings for Mark and now Jack. Ashley had changed out of her clothes and was wearing just a knee length t-shirt.

Paula opened the door and walked over to the vanity. "I didn't mean to upset you, Ash." She hugged her friend from behind.

"It's okay, Paula. You're right anyway. My relationship with Mark isn't going to get any better." Ashley grabbed a tissue from the box and blew her nose softly. "It's just gonna be difficult to tell him good-bye."

"I know," Paula said in a comforting tone. "I'll be here for you, Ash."

She and Paula hugged for a long time and when Paula caressed her hair, Ashley shivered, confused by the feelings she was suddenly experiencing, yet feeling comfort at the same time. The warmth of her friend caused more confusion, but it also made her feel better about the situation.

Paula's hug brought her back to reality and she felt enveloped by the warmth. The confusion left her feeling lost, her mind racing, looking at their reflections in the mirror as if waiting for a sign of what to do next.

Paula relaxed their embrace and wiped Ashley's tears before she leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. Ashley pulled away, but she didn't hesitate when Paula delivered the kiss once again, this time pulling her closer.

She turned Ashley's head to face her and placed a tender kiss on her lips. It was a heated kiss, making them both wonder what exactly was happening. Paula closed her eyes while her tongue teased the corners of Ashley's mouth, seeking access. Letting out a gasp, Ashley felt Paula's tongue merge with her own and moaned against the sensations it was causing.

Paula rose to her feet and took Ashley's hand in hers. "Come over here." She led her to the bed. "You need to get your mind off both guys for a little while." Ashley was hesitant at first, but desiring more of the comfort Paula offered, she followed her to the bed.

Both women lay down on the bed, Ashley blushing, avoiding eye contact with her roommate. Paula gathered up the material of Ashley's long t-shirt, slowly pulling it over her head then tossing it to the floor. Paula's delicate hands returned to comfort Ashley once again, tracing the darkened areola and erect bud of each nipple. The unexpected sensations caused her nipples to stiffen even more upon contact as she arched her back, pressing her breasts into Paula's touch.

"What are we doing?" Ashley asked breathless, then closed her eyes at the feeling of Paula's hands upon her skin.

"Shhh," Paula replied, propping herself up on her elbow and looking down at Ashley's flushed face.

"I—I've never been with another woman before," Ashley breathed as Paula leaned in and took a taut pink nipple into her mouth, teasing it with her tongue and nibbling softly.

"Me neither. I just want to help you take your mind off things." Paula moved away from one nipple and found the other. "This won't change our friendship, Ash. Just relax and let me do this."

Ashley didn't move. She lay on the bed allowing her roommate to bring about sensations she'd never felt before. She felt Paula's hand roam down her ribs and stomach to the soft curly hair at the top of her thighs. She was surprised to find what Paula was doing was an incredible turn-on. She knew Mark's touch could arouse her, but this was a different feeling altogether.

"Mmm," Paula breathed, releasing her lips from Ashley's nipple and watching her hand disappear between her thighs. "So wet."

Unconsciously, Ashley parted her legs when she felt Paula's fingers graze the lips of her sex. She moaned at the feeling of Paula's fingers rubbing over the hard nub of her clit and her hips began to move in unison.

Paula immersed two fingers inside Ashley's sweet cave, wiggling them when she found her g-spot and hearing Ashley moan softly. Her thumb rubbed against Ashley's clit and she could feel the silky wetness coating her fingers. A squeal escaped her parted lips when Paula's fingernail grazed the sensitive flesh inside her.

"This isn't right." Ashley moaned, her hips rocking against Paula's hand, desperate to find her release; unable to remove herself from the situation.

As much as Ashley's mind told her what Paula was doing was wrong, it felt so wonderful. She was on the verge of her first orgasm and tried to hold back, feeling ashamed in allowing this to continue.

"Don't fight it, Ash," Paula whispered. "I want you to come. I want you to know what it feels like." She moved her fingers faster in and out of her roommate's warm, wet pussy.

"Oh God," Ashley cried, fisting the sheets beneath her as she felt her climax building deep within.

"Just let it go, Ash." Paula watched Ashley's head rock side-to-side.

Ashley cried out Paula's name as her orgasm exploded through her. She was frightened of the immense pleasure she was feeling, but she couldn't hold back. Gripping the sheets even tighter, her body tensed through her release. Paula slowly pulled her fingers out. Much to Ashley's surprise, Paula slowly pushed her fingers back inside, keeping her thumb on the still hard nub of Ashley's clit.

Immediately, Ashley felt another climax begin to build as Paula slowly stroked her g-spot, bringing her over the edge once more. She whimpered her pleasure while another powerful orgasm rocketed through her second time.

She kept her eyes closed while her body floated down from the high of her release. She felt the bed shift then Paula's arm wrap around her and they both drifted off to sleep.

* * * *

Ashley woke the next morning feeling more relaxed than she could ever remember feeling before. She yawned, stretched, then swung her feet over the side of the bed, resting them on the floor.

She gazed at the mirror on her vanity then felt guilt as well as shame wash over her as the events of last night came flooding back in a rush. She turned to see Paula wasn't in her bed and she quickly found the long t-shirt she usually slept in, pulled it over her head and headed out to the kitchen.

Paula was in the kitchen making breakfast, still wearing just her shorts and a t-shirt. Her hair was mussed and a soft smile played upon her lips. "G'mornin' Ash. Sleep well?"

Ashley just gazed at her roommate as she sat down at the small table against the wall. "Yeah."

"What's wrong?" Paula knew the answer before Ashley told her.

"What do you think is wrong, Paula?" Ashley replied, breaking eye contact and fiddling with the saltshaker in front of her.

"Last night?"

"Um—yeah. Don't you feel the slightest bit guilty about what happened?"

"No, I don't and you shouldn't either."

"How can you say that? You cheated on Eric and I—"

"Eric and I have a very open relationship, Ash. I know I've told you that. Besides, I intend to tell him what happened."

"What?" Ashley asked, her voice rose in surprise.

"I have no guilt about what happened last night because I intend to tell Eric what happened," Paula repeated.

"Oh perfect. So you mean I have to tell Mark?"

"No. I didn't say that."

"Then what are you saying?"

"How can you feel guilty for having an orgasm?" Paula put a plate with eggs and bacon down in front of Ashley then filled a mug with coffee and handed it to her.

"Because it wasn't with him," Ashley started, feeling the heat of embarrassment rise in her cheeks.

"So?"

"Honestly, Paula, I've never felt the way I did when you were—touching me last night. If I tell Mark, there's no telling what would happen."

"So don't tell him."

"But what if Eric—"

"Eric won't. I'll tell him not to, but you've got to sort out your feelings, Ash. You can't keep stringing Mark along forever and even though Jack is completely gaga over you, he won't wait around forever, especially after you blew him off last night."

Ashley pushed her plate aside and crossed her arms in front of her on the table. She rested her head on her arms and sighed heavily. What was she going to do about all this? She loved Mark, but wasn't even sure she liked him anymore, and her feelings about Jack were even more disturbing. How could she respond to Jack when she was supposed to be in love with Mark? Perhaps this was why she always shied away from her feelings about Paula's sexy older brother. They scared her and the kiss with him last night just brought everything to the surface.

Ashley's confusion turned to anger as she thought of the events of the previous night again. She appreciated the comfort Paula offered and knew the reassurances of their relationship not changing were true, but she also wondered if it was all part of Paula trying to break her and Mark up.

"Why did you do that last night?" Ashley asked, trying to keep her anger in check. "Why did you touch me the way you did?"

Paula broke eye contact with Ashley, fiddling with the fork on her plate. "I think I just got caught up in the moment, Ash. I'm sorry."

Ashley sighed heavily. "No need to apologize, Paula. I understand. I just want to know if that was a onetime thing or—"

"Oh it was definitely just a onetime thing. I just wanted to help you clear your mind, Ash. Besides, you'll find having an orgasm is very useful for relieving stress. I don't intend to touch you that way again, but you can do it to yourself."

Ashley blushed, knowing she'd never be able to do something like that to herself. She bit on her lower lip and turned her eyes away from Paula.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't do something like that!" The thought horrified her. Could she really touch herself like that?

"Yes, you can. Besides, if you haven't ever had an orgasm with Mark, how do you expect to relieve your stress?"

"There are other ways, I'm sure."

"But none that are as much fun. Besides, the orgasm I gave you or the ones you give yourself aren't anything in comparison to what you can get from a man." Paula smiled.

"Well, it did help for a bit, but I'm more confused now than I was before we—uh—you know—"

"If you don't want me to tell Eric, I won't."

"No, you can tell him if you want," Ashley replied. The last thing she wanted to do was come between Paula and Eric.

"Well, Eric and I are spending the day together today so I gotta go get ready." Paula took her dishes to the sink. "Will you be okay by yourself?"

"Yeah, Mark is supposed to come over later."

Ashley finished her breakfast while Paula disappeared around the corner. She thought about Mark and the possibilities of moving out west with him. Then her mind drifted to Jack again. She'd known him for nearly ten years and had always denied she'd thought of him as more than a friend. She sighed heavily again and took her plate to the sink.

She headed to her room and pulled out the clothes she'd wear for the day, just a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt then poked her head out the door to hear if Paula was finished in the bathroom. When she didn't hear the shower running, she took the few steps to the bathroom door and knocked quietly.

"Paula? Are you done?"

"Yeah," Paula said from behind her. "I'm done."

"Oh, I thought you were still—never mind." Ashley turned to walk back into her room.

Paula sensed Ashley's uneasiness and sighed heavily. She new last night was a onetime thing, but she worried that Ashley didn't believe her; she wondered if their trust was tarnished forever. She gathered up her purse and her keys then left a note for Ashley.

Hey Ash

Jack's coming by later to fix the computer. He didn't say what time so you might wanna make yourself scarce if Mark is coming over.

I'm sorry again for last night, I have to admit feeling and watching your release was amazing. Just remember to touch yourself the way I touched you when you feel stressed and I promise what happened between us last night, although it was wonderful, won't ever happen again.

Still friends?

Paula

She placed the note under the saltshaker on the kitchen table then headed out the door.

* * * *

Ashley stood at the kitchen table reading the note Paula had left. A smile spread across her face at the thought of Jack coming over. The smile quickly faded, however when she thought of what might happen if he came over while Mark was still here. She folded the note and put it in the pocket of her bathrobe. She headed back to her room to get dressed, she didn't want to be caught in her bathrobe if Jack was coming by.

"Just a minute!" Ashley shouted through the apartment to the person knocking on her door. She didn't get a chance to get fully dressed, so she pulled a brush through her hair, closed her robe and tied it then stepped into her slippers then headed out to answer the door.

"Hey Ashley," Mark said as she opened the door to let him in. He leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

"I wasn't expecting you so soon, Mark."

"Yeah, I know. I just had to come by and share my good news with you."

"Which is?" she asked as she took a seat on the sofa in the living room.

"Well one of my dad's friends from the party last night has a brother who lives in L.A. and he's looking for a new intern." He took a seat beside Ashley.

"And?"

"I gave him my resume and he used my dad's fax machine and faxed it to his brother."

"Okay." She was getting impatient with him for not just getting to the point, although she pretty much knew where he was going with this conversation.

"The guy's brother hired me! I'm movin' to L.A.!"

"That's wonderful news, Mark! I'm so happy for you!" Ashley said as she hugged him.

"It's gonna be so great—the two of us livin' in L.A.—"

"Wow! L.A.," Ashley said, an uncertainty in her voice.

"What? What's wrong, Ash? Don't you want to move to L.A. with me?" Mark took her hand in his and saw the uncertainty in her eyes.

"No." She turned her gaze away from his and focused instead on their joined hands.

Mark pulled his hand away from Ashley and rose to his feet. "Why?"

"Because my family is here, Mark. My friends are here. I love living in Michigan. I don't want to move across the country."

"What family? You told me your parents are in Florida."

"They are. I'm talking about Paula's family, Mark. They've become like a second family to me."

"You can fly back to visit whenever you want, Ash. I'll even come with you if time permits."

"It's not just that, Mark. I have a job. I can't just up and leave. I have responsibilities." She tried to mask the anger brewing within her.

Mark paced the floor in front of the sofa, sighing heavily. He stopped and turned to look at Ashley.

"Who is he?"

"Who is who?"

"Who's the guy you met?"

"I haven't met anyone. Haven't you been listening to me? My family is here, Mark. I don't want to move to L.A.!" she said, now letting him hear her anger.

"That's a pretty lame excuse for not wanting to move, Ash. I love you. I want to take care of you."

"You haven't wanted to take care of me for the last two years, Mark. What's changed?"

"Nothing's changed. You know how I am about expressing my feelings."

"You've had plenty of opportunities. I think you just want your new boss in L.A. to see what a hot dish you've got for a girlfriend."

"What's so wrong with wanting to show you off?"

"I'm not anyone's possession, Mark. There are plenty of women in L.A. who would be happy to be your eye candy," Ashley snapped.

"Fine. I won't take the job."

"Yes you will. It's a great opportunity for you."

"But you won't come with me?"

"You don't need me, Mark. You'll be too busy with work to even notice I'm not there."

Mark tried to keep his anger in check because he knew Ashley was right. He'd be far too busy to spend any time with her. It didn't matter to him, though. He wanted her there. He continued his pacing, running through his mind excuses he could give Ashley to get her to go with him. He stopped when the obvious idea popped into his head. He turned and took a few steps toward Ashley, getting down on one knee and taking her hand in his.

"Marry me."

"What?"

"Marry me. Be my wife. Move with me to L.A."

"I can't, Mark," Ashley said quietly. "I just can't."

"Fine!" He rose to his feet and moved toward the door. "I guess you got what you wanted, Ash."

"Which is?"

"The opportunity to no longer sneak around behind my back with the new guy you met."

"I told you I haven't—"

"When you wrap your legs around him while he's fucking you, do you scream my name?" Mark regretted the words the moment they came out of his mouth.

Ashley shoved Mark into the chair behind him. "Asshole!"

When Mark fell against the chair Ashley tumbled with him, not noticing the note had fallen from her pocket. Mark saw it first and grabbed it thinking it would confirm his accusations about another man.

"My, my! Look at what we have here," Mark started and Ashley felt sick. "And here I thought you had met another guy, I never dreamed it would be her! But that's cool with me. Ashley. I think it's so damn sexy watching two women get it on and now I won't even have to get on the internet to see it, I can watch it when I come over here!"

"Get out! Get the fuck out and don't ever come back!" Ashley rose to her feet and literally pushed Mark out the door.

She slammed the door; barely missing Mark then ran to her room and threw herself on the bed, sobbing uncontrollably. Mark's words cut her deep and she couldn't believe he'd think so little of her. She was angry and hurt. She wondered if would try to use what he learned in the note against her later. Was he going to use it to his advantage at some point? Ashley cried for nearly half an hour before she finally calmed down and drifted off to sleep.

* * * *

"Ashley," a male voice said softly, shaking her gently to wake her. "Ashley, wake up."

"Hmm," she said, slowly rolling over and rubbing her puffy red eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. H—how did you get in here?"

"The door was open. It looked like it was broken. Is everything okay?" he asked with a soothing voice.

"No. Everything is not okay." Ashley pulled herself out of bed and pushed past Jack. The last place she wanted to be alone with him was her bedroom.

He grabbed her arm before she could get out of reach and turned her to face him. "Tell me what happened."

"Nothing." She sniffed, pulled away from him and reached for a tissue on her vanity. She wiped her eyes and blew her nose then headed out to the living room. "Don't you have a computer to fix or something?"

"It can wait. Why don't I make us some coffee and you can tell me about it." Jack followed her out to the kitchen and pulled out two mugs then found the coffee and filters.

"There's nothing to tell." Ashley allowed Jack to make the coffee while she headed to the living room and sat down on the couch, one leg beneath her. She grabbed for the remote and turned on the TV, flipping blankly through the channels until she came upon an old black & white movie.

Jack's cologne lingered in the air and she inhaled deeply. The man drove her completely crazy with want, but she wasn't about to tell him that. She hid the fact the mere touch of his hand to her skin sent her pulse racing.