Iron Rain Pt. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,789 Followers

"You have the floor Nikolas Shaw; speak well for much depends upon it."

"First I don't apologize for what I have done it was necessary. Second I have deciphered all six of the Obelisks. Third I have discovered a seventh stone what I call the Keystone. Lastly I need your Obelisk to keep the world from falling into a much direr situation. That's about it."

Ra stood up and leveled his Ankh in my direction and it flared until was as bright as the sun and I looked on unflinching. The room darkened and he stared at me trying to determine if I was lying or not. Then Thoth, wisest of all the immortals assembled, stepped forth and spoke.

"If what you say is true you could prove what you say," he said his voice cool and hinted at curiosity.

"Morrigan if you would do the honors," I said and the red headed once goddess appeared and walked between the assembly and me.

She gestured as a wireframe image of the Earth appeared. With another gesture the north and south poles glowed brilliantly then after a bit they began to fade until they were hardly noticeable.

"The process is a natural cycle of this world. It has happened before and will happen again. The magnetic poles are failing and when they do the planet WILL shift. Like a California earthquake this isn't a maybe this is a when. The Maya calculated a date when if the proper forces were applied a safe and fairly stable shift could be created. Master Nikolas has the knowledge of how to perform it now he just requires the means."

"Show me your math devil child," Thoth said to Morrigan.

Was he flirting with her? Morrigan looked to me and I nodded. The earth was replaced by a wall of complex equations and Thoth walked up and down examining the numbers and symbols carefully. If anyone was going to determine if my calculations were correct it was Thoth.

"These are some very radical theories," he said at last. "But the amount of power you'd require is impossible."

"Not with all seven stones," I replied. "Show them."

Morrigan nodded and with a gesture the equations vanished and in their place the Cairo stone in all its digital glory.

"This is the Obelisk that you possess," Morrigan said and Thoth looked over the inscriptions and nodded.

"This is the Iram Stone," she said and it appeared next to its near twin. "This is the Atlantis Stone," she said and the Obelisk from the Black Pyramid appeared. "This is the Black Lotus Stone. This is the Hammerton Stone and this is the Ygdrassil Stone. Each of them is similar but the markings are not identical. Each stone represents a primal element of the universe. Together..." she said and they took their proper place in a circle now as seen from above. "...with the Keystone they form a powerful mechanism."

The Key Stone appeared and slid into the middle its characters aligning the other six stones.

"Without the Key Stone deciphering the others was impossible. Also without it the machine is incomplete."

"Where pray tell is this Keystone," Thoth asked.

"It is in the center of the Dreamer's city in the south pacific," I said.

Thoth took a step backward and even Ra sat down hard.

"So even if we relinquished our stone you cannot assemble the machine," Ra said dismissingly.

"What do you mean," I asked.

"You don't really mean to go there do you?"

"I have already been there and back," I stated to an astonished assembly.

"You claim to have been to R'lyeh and returned," it was Thoth who spoke this time.

"I have proof," I said. "This is no claim but fact. Do you wish to see?"

Every head shook except for one. A tall man with long dark hair and eyes so black they chilled me to the bone approached now.

"I will see this proof and tell you if it is genuine," he said taking Thoth's position now.

"Ptah, it is true you are the only one of us to travel there and back but look what it did to you." Ra said.

I looked closer at this Ptah and his eyes weren't truly black, no there were entire galaxies reflected there. Countless stars moved and spun in the place where his eyes should be. What kind of man or immortal was he? Morrigan now stood at my side and whispered in my ear.

"Master, that is Ptah and he is known as the Opener of Ways."

"Oh but where does he open his gaze to I wonder," I asked.

"I will answer your question Shaw and then you shall show me what you have seen. I open doors and portals through time and space and between, you have seen between haven't you... I can tell. It marks you oh not like me but on the inside. It leaves a scar no food; no company or drink can ever wash away. You can do this too can't you Shaw. You can slip between the dimensions high and low. You can travel the else when and bridge the gap between the what was and what could have been. Now show me... show me the Dreamer... show me the Elder Things..."

I thrust out my hand and displayed the sunken city, the city of R'lyeh where dwells forever dreaming and dead but not dead the Dreamer. The warped angles of that cyclopean necropolis shone darkly and here the geometry of the known universe is cast aside like a mask and beneath the stuff of nightmares. Ptah smiled and nodded. Another gesture and there towered the Elder Things ever shifting things that make sane men go mad and the insane sing themselves to haunted sleep. I kept the voices from the assembly not wanting to do any further damage than what was asked of me.

"There... now what say you Opener of Ways?"

"The Shaw speaks the truth. He has been to R'lyeh and seen the Dreamer. Now I know what the Elder Things truly look like and they are majestic and we are diminished by their absence or are we?"

"We must decide if we will give you our stone Shaw," Ra said still shaken by the imagery.

"Decide quickly I must leave for that dread place and soon my time is short," I said.

"What of the other stones? Have you procured them all?"

"I have."

"If we decide against you," Ra asked.

"You won't. I am your only hope for success."

"You are awfully confident," but it was Bast who spoke now. "How can you really be so sure?"

"Ask Ptah he knows," I said and strode out to the table where I met Osiris and left a troubled pantheon behind.

So as I sat and waited I saw the look on Morrigan's face. She was concerned and I could tell that it was for me.

"What's wrong," I asked patting my lap.

She wiggled into position with an evil smile. She sat sideways and I held her close as she laid her head against my shoulder.

"I am afraid for you Master," she said softly.

"Why?"

"Did you not notice that one of them is missing? Ra is so very upset with you because they have lost one of their numbers, because of you."

I closed my eyes and brought the memory back and looked at the assembled immortals and...

"OH how stupid of me, Anubis is missing!"

"Yes he is what are you going to do Master," she asked.

"Tread carefully," I said.

To my shock it was Ptah that came out tell me that they had reached a decision.

"They are ready for you Shaw," he said his voice containing an almost hollow quality to it.

"What happened to you," I asked as I stood.

"I discovered I not only had a knack for moving between the dimensions but I liked it. Well once I got used to the mind blasting scenery that is. I have seen things few people witness. I have seen the death of an entire universe and the birth of a new one. I have walked among gods and demons and feasted with heroes and villains."

"So you don't consider yourself a god then," I asked.

"Do you?"

"What? Why would I view myself in that kind of light?"

Ptah laughed and it was a pleasant enough sound. Then he looked at me and I mean really looked at me.

"You have been marked by a being older than the known universe and seen what only she has. You have discussed philosophy with a dead and dreaming god and bartered with beings so ancient that time itself is hardly applicable to them. And you are not even out of your tweens. What is your definition of godhood?"

"I find that disturbing," I said.

"Good you just might get out of this one with your soul intact," he said then slapped me on the back. "Damn Nick you really are an uptight fellow."

He led us back into the cathedral and I took my place with Morrigan at my side and waited their decision.

"So say we all," Ra asked and they all nodded.

"Ass puckering time," Morrigan whispered.

"Nikolas Shaw, the combined might of the Osirins has met and agreed with a few abstentions that we shall give you the Cairo Stone for the dire purpose of this controlled Slide as you call it."

"Excellent," I said oh but he wasn't done, not by a long shot.

"On one condition," Ra continued.

"Here it comes," Morrigan muttered.

"You are to take up the mantle and duties of Anubis," he said with a grim smile. "It was your virus that robbed this assembly of him and we are agreed that you should pay reparation in full."

"You want me to become Anubis," I asked. "No disrespect Great Ra but how the hell am I supposed to do that?"

"Sadly this is not the first time I have had to fill this position. Before the first Anubis passed he foresaw his own death and fashioned an artifact so that his mantle could be handed down."

It was Isis who carried what appeared as a golden death mask in the likeness of the Jackal God. I couldn't help but notice a certain 'swish' in her hip movements as she approached to present it to me. I examined it carefully and felt a power in it. There were shimmering cabochon rubies that decorated the front and back lip of the mask. It was here that much of the power came from.

"How long do I have to play the part of the Jackal," I asked.

"These appointments are for life," Ra said smiling and it wasn't a happy smile.

"That long eh," I said and Isis placed her hand over my heart.

"It's not all bad," she said with a raised eyebrow.

I stared into the blackness within the mask and felt another chunk of my life about to fall away. Yet another decision that had already been made for me and I was powerless to change it. I wasn't exactly feeling sorry for myself I was mourning the path that had led here. Okay that is an utter and complete falsehood. I was feeling sorry for myself. I was angry and feeling painted into a corner. I could take the stone and say fuck them but then what? Then I'd have an entire group of immortals pissed off at me and my plans would be derailed.

"Clear the hall," Ra's voice cut through the tense silence.

Mortals and immortals alike left and Ra strode towards me with great purpose.

"I've seen that look before," he said his voice soft and full of understanding. "I feel for you Nick. I really do but there is nothing I can do. When I became the head of this group it was the last thing I ever wanted. But on the bright side there is something you will get out of this, family. You are the offspring of an elder race that is more sophisticated and more humane that humanity will ever be. The sad thing is that you have never spent any real time with those of your own kind. I'm not saying abandon your plans and friends but consider after you are done hammering out a new destiny for them spend some quality time with us. We are far from perfect but there is much you could learn from us and us from you."

I thought about what he said and felt his weariness in every word he spoke.

"How long have you been at it? I mean leading this island of misfits?"

"Thousands of years why," he asked.

"You look tired; I mean I've only been working at this solution for a few years meat time..."

"Meat time," Ra asked. "What does that mean exactly?"

"How to explain, I have learned how to project my consciousness via a certain piece of technology into one of the Old Ones library crystals. This has allowed me to pursue avenues of research and learning at a different rate of time."

"Nick how long have you been doing this," he asked his eyes widening.

"Nearly a year now, so I guess in digital time I have been at this for a very long time."

"There is something you need to know about your plan with the virus and humanity. It isn't going to work. If there is no conflict with humans then their population will grow so fast you will be back at square one before you know it."

"I know, I just hate to see what they will do to themselves," I said feeling that burden heavier than any else.

"They have to be able to choose and make mistakes. If they figure it out great if not that is no fault on you or your plans," Ra said his hand resting on my shoulder.

I let out a deep sigh and knew he was right. They have to stumble and fall and pick themselves up again no matter how long it takes. But that doesn't mean the other races have to suffer for it. I smiled as a new plan formed in my mind.

"You are right and thanks," I told him. "Okay let's get this show on the road."

"Assemble the host," Ra roared and puzzled over my sudden mood swing. "You are up to something."

"Yep," I told him but that was the extent of that.

Once more Ra stood before his golden throne and I was alone with Morrigan and the Helm of Anubis.

"Can I look normal after I put the mask on?" I asked in a soft whisper.

"That is one of its abilities. We can't have a jackal headed man running around among mortals now can we? Put it on Nick and become one of us."

"Oh boy," I muttered. "I need the stone... so much for treading lightly, well here goes."

I lifted it up as high as I could and the entire assembly was on its feet. I slowly lowered it and once it settled on my shoulders I felt the thing come alive and with a searing sensation the mask and I became one. I shook of the dizziness and found I had dropped down to one knee. I forced myself to stand and was now towering over Isis who looked up and I could see shock in her eyes. Bast crossed the distance between us carrying a staff of gold and ebony that was intricately carved and was as elegant as it was beautiful.

"Your staff of office Guardian of the Dead," she purred handing it to me.

She too was staring at me with a bit of concern in her eyes. I looked at Morrigan and she was smiling from ear to ear.

"Why are you smiling," I asked and reached up and felt my new face. "This is going to take some getting used to."

Morrigan created a shimmering holographic field which acted like a full length mirror and it had to be close to twelve feet high to accommodate my new appearance. In height I had to be at least nine feet and the staff swiftly adjusted to my new stature. The jackal head was as black as pitch and the eyes the color of amethysts. But it was the ruddy colored solar disc behind my head that tripped me up. I thought only Ra possessed one, what was going on? I looked and saw the entire assembly coming towards me most were smiling a few, including Ra, were not. Osiris was the first to officially welcome me to the group followed by others in ascending rank until at last I stood eye to eye with Ra.

"What a pair you make," Isis commented. "The rising sun and the setting sun in the room at the same time. We haven't seen this a very long time have we?"

"No," Ra grudgingly admitted. "There is more to you than meets the eye Anubis."

I was no longer Shaw in their eyes I was and would forever be Anubis, wonderful.

Isis led me to my rooms within the temple of Heliopolis and there were my harem of concubines or should I say those that the prior Anubis had collected. With a look from Isis the girls scattered and it was she who gave me the grand tour.

"This is your living area a kind of informal neutral zone," she explained.

"Do I have need of a 'neutral zone'," I asked not used to the new voice yet which was deep and rich and carried a power my regular voice did not.

"Trust me you will," she said laying her hand on my arm.

The connecting rooms were a bath that was the size of an Olympic swimming pool, a meditation chamber set with black marble on every wall polished to perfection, a small library of scrolls and books and at the last the bed chamber a collection of pillows with a mirror bright ceiling for um viewing purposes. The previous Anubis had been a voyeur how interesting.

"There are more rooms of course but they are all boring," Isis said as she reached for the clasp at the back of her neck.

As she lifted her long ebony hair up I undid the clasp and her dress pooled around her exquisite feet. She turned to face me and cocked her head to the side.

"Simply bring your real name to mind and you can change back Nick," she said with a sensual smile.

There was no sensation but my perception shifted back to a normal height. She pressed her body to mine and slipped her arms slowly around my neck.

"When you challenge Ra for the leadership of the Pantheon I will stand behind you Nick," she purred just before she kissed me.

I returned her kiss but my thoughts were split between the thought that not all was well in Ra's paradise and damn could the girl kiss! Then I felt hands on the sash of my kimono and began to wonder if Isis had grown two more arms when I felt Bast's hot breath on the back of my neck. She slipped my kimono top off followed swiftly by the pants. Then she was pressing her ample bosom against my back and whispering naughty things in my ear. Oh boy! I felt Bast's hand wrap around the shaft of my cock and begin stroking me slowly.

"MMMMMMMMMM how does that feel Nick," she purred.

"Amazing," I moaned.

Isis not to be outdone dropped to her knees and took half my cock into her mouth and began to make love to it.

"Oh damn," I growled. "That is magical."

"You are being greedy Isis," Bast pouted.

'Pop!' went my cock from the other's mouth and she stared up at Bast.

"Quit your bitching and get down here then," she said before returning my cock to her warm wet mouth.

The next thing I knew the two were taking turns licking, sucking and stroking. Oh they didn't leave my balls from the equation and were soon teasing and pleasing them too. Then suddenly I was on my back, the pillows breaking my fall with Isis beginning to straddle my cock with her neatly trimmed slit and Bast was lowering her pussy to my face. All the thoughts about why were long gone by now and I was wondering when the last time these two got fucked good and hard though. I felt a near virginal tightness wrap around my cock and heard a muffled gasp from Isis as Bast's pussy and thighs settled into place. Grabbing the cat goddess by her ass cheeks I began to lick and suckle her naughty bits and she let out a low moan of her own.

"MMMMMMMMMMM he knows how to eat pussy," Bast purred.

"Oh god he has a wonderful cock," Isis moaned as she rode me nice and slow.

Bast lay flat over me and I felt her tongue lap at the shaft of my cock when Isis lifted her hips up. That was one hell of a one two punch.

"He's shivering," Bast said.

"MMMMMMMMMMMMM I know," Isis said tilting her chin to the ceiling and letting out a long low moan.

I found Bast's sensitive clit and let my tongue flicker over it and she let out a yelp of pleasant surprise then an even deeper purr than ever.

"He found your clitty didn't he," Isis asked.

"UHHHHHH HUHHHHHHHHH," panted the cat goddess.

Deciding to take a more proactive role in this little get together I brought my knees up until my feet were flat on the floor. I then snaked my arms beneath Bast until I was able to lift Isis by her ass cheeks. Now that I had the proper leverage I lifted up the Immortal impaled on my cock and began to hammer her pussy from below in quick hard upward thrusts of my hips.

"UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN," Isis cried out as I took over.

"OOH somebody's pussy is getting a good pounding," Bast purred. "How does that feel?"

"Amazinggggggggggggg," Isis groaned her voice a little shaky.

I kept licking and suckling Bast but most of my attention was on making Isis climax around me. I wanted to feel how tight her pussy would grip me when she came. I continued the assault and the voice of Isis grew louder and higher in pitch very steadily. Much to our mutual shock it was Bast that came first from my oral attention and she lay panting on my chest whispering naughty suggestions as she recovered.

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,789 Followers