Isabella Awakening Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Paul T
Paul T
40 Followers

Finally Jax quivered and clenched her ass as she made a final thrust into Gemil's asshole. She breathed deeply to recover her composure and to make her final speech. "Ladies, gentlemen, invited guests, I submit to you that the distinguished Ambassador of England, Scotland and Wales, the most honorable Sir William Smythe, esquire, Order of the Bath and Warden of the Cinque Ports, grunted like a stuck pig and cried for his childhood nurse as he spurted his semen onto his own trousers, while his fundament was screwed by an agent of the Daughter's of Keira wearing a fake leather cock strapped to her waist."

She withdrew the cock from Gemil's ass and helped him rise shaking and grinning to his feet. She motioned for Isabella to join them and the three bowed and accepted the tumultuous applause and hoots of the small audience.

"Encore!" someone shouted, but Jax shook her head. "Perhaps later, Kahlia," she said, "when we are alone and I have replaced this standard unit," she indicated the phallus swinging from her groin, "with the grown up model." She smiled and took a final bow, with Isabella to one side and Gemil to the other. "Now, my friends and lovers, let us replace lost fluids and I will take questions on the intelligence implications of this conquest."

As the little crowd drifted in couples back to the dining table, Jax unbuckled the thin belts holding the leather tool to her thighs and waist and wiggled to remove the shaft. Isabella noted that it was in fact shaped like a 'V' and that the end that fitted inside Jax was a slightly thicker mirror image of the cock she had received. She handed it to Gemil with a brief instruction and he scampered away with it. She saw Isabella watching. "Gemil will clean and oil it," she said. "You can play with it later, if you like," she smiled. Jax shrugged off her jacket and white shirt and kicked the trousers away. By rubbing her lip with a finger, she removed the mustache and placed it on the little table. She tousled her hair and shook it. She was naked and wholly feminine again and Isabella hugged her and whispered, "Thank you Jax, that was fun. I'd like to return the favor some time." She held the orbs of Jax's tight bottom and kissed her full on the lips. They walked arm in arm up the stairs to join the others.

Everyone agreed that it had been a wonderful evening, one of their best. They congratulated each other and the boys started to clear away the food and plates. The women drank the last of the wine and started to say their goodnights and drift towards bed. Kahlia winked at Isabella and said she would understand if Isabella needed her sleep but that they would "catch each other" tomorrow. Gabrielle offered Isabella a bed of her own in The Sanctuary, but Isabella decided to return to her apartment in the main building.

"Then I'll walk you home," said Gabrielle. "I need some fresh air."

They left the Sanctuary through the main doors fronting onto the plaza. Soft moonlight and a few scattered lanterns were sufficient for them to negotiate the paths and avoid the statuary and fountains. The two walked slowly, enjoying the silence and the cool air. Gabrielle half turned to Isabella and took her hand.

"You know, Isabella, it is not always like this here. I mean the frantic sex and the outrageous entertainment. We do have a serious purpose and our lives are full of other things too."

Isabella squeezed her hand, "Thank you, Gabrielle. Today has been so exhausting and surprising, I am glad that it was out of the ordinary for you too. I have been challenged by you all today, in so many ways," she smiled and stopped walking, turning to face Gabrielle. "I said earlier that all this seems like a dream to me. I was not simply being poetic or silly. I really have had many dreams in which a place like this, inhabited by people just like you and Jax and Kahlia and Aralia and Mealis, became my home. Despite the bewilderment I have felt since I arrived in Ghar el Melh, I do already feel part of something that my soul has ached for all my life."

"It is truly a wonder, Isabella," replied Gabrielle. "We are so glad to have you with us. Let me explain a little of our excitement and joy in having you join us. Maybe then you will understand what is happening to you; to all of us." They sat on a bench together and Gabrielle continued.

"For we who were born to the Sisterhood, or came to it before our maturity, this life is our natural state; sensual, free, fulfilling and full of wonder and learning. We are taught that we are privileged and that we are duty bound to use our training and talents to improve the lot of those less fortunate. We are encouraged to explore our world, and ourselves, to our limits and to rejoice in our true natures, in order to bring about within our souls the awakening of knowledge and faith. You, on the other hand, have achieved your awakening by your own efforts and by allowing the sacred source within you to set you free. Only once in three hundred years, so we are told, does such a thing happen to a woman raised outside the Sisterhood. Granted, your mother was Marisa, and you had an early lover well seasoned by Serena, but these influences do not alone explain your abilities and your grace. You are special, Isabella. You give us hope of a continuation of our faith beyond the confines of our order. Keira believed that everyone is capable of awakening and that the world progresses towards a unified vision of humanity and its place in the universe; sometimes in great leaps and sometimes in quiet, non-linear evolution, involving both advancement and retreat. Your dreams confirm your connection with us and with Keira and make us hopeful of a new dawning, a leap forward." Gabrielle was silent for a few moments.

"Isabella, this morning you asked me about Keira's eyes and hair. Why did you need to know?"

Isabella smiled. "Apart from my dreams of a home like this, I have been visited, since I was very young by a wild-haired, green-eyed woman who guided and taught me. At critical times in my life, my sexual life, I have felt her presence, even while I was awake. I have always trusted her and followed the path she showed me."

Gabriele listened but did not immediately respond. Finally after careful thought she ventured, "My dear, our faith puts no great store in the merely supernatural. Keira herself was a pragmatist and sought to open our minds and our hearts with reason, logic and spiritual knowledge that could be confirmed within each woman. She never once, to my knowledge, invoked an individual soul or spirit that transcended time and life. Our faith most certainly encompasses the infinite godhead, the sacred unity; but not the everlasting individual soul. The guide of whom you speak is most certainly an embodiment of Keira herself, but I am at a loss to explain her persistence, or re-emergence in you, through the centuries." Gabrielle shook her head and squeezed Isabella's hand. "We will talk to Aralia about this. She understands the more esoteric articles of faith better than any of us."

"I am confident that my guide is indeed Keira," said Isabella. "Ever since I read her story in Beatrice's book, I knew with absolute certainty. I do not pretend to understand, nor do I know what, if anything, it means, but I am happy to play host to her, and for her to continue to guide me." Isabella rose, still holding Gabrielle's hand. "I would be happy to seek Aralia's guidance."

They walked in silence to the main building where Isabella kissed Gabrielle goodnight and climbed the stairway to her room.

Her dreams that night were as clear and lucid as anything she had experienced in the past. She was walking though the mountains in spring. Keira walked beside her and addressed her by name and they spoke of music and art. As they reached a fork in the path, they were joined by Thomas, who told them which track to take. The three walked on, continuing the conversation and stopping to admire and pick wildflowers. A hawk followed overhead. As they approached a little plateau, Isabella noticed a group of hooded nuns waiting for them. They all embraced Isabella, Keira and Thomas as they arrived on the grassy knoll. These were the women of Ghar el Melh, but there were others too. Isabella's mother, Marisa, drew back her hood and kissed Isabella. A pale, beautiful woman who Isabella knew was Serena, smiled and hugged her. Beatrice stepped forward and did the same. There were others, more and more each time Isabella looked around, and even more were approaching from further up the Mountain and from around groups of flower-strewn boulders. The group went quiet and turned to look out over the country below. It was green and quiet. They saw smoke rising from roof top chimneys marking the farms and villages they had walked by. A bank of fog rolled back to reveal an ocean, studded with emerald islands. Horsemen on a path far below, called her name.

Isabella felt great joy and Thomas came to her side and said, "Stay with us." She held his hand.

Other dreams followed. Children dancing and splashing each other as they frolicked naked in summer pools, the hawk from her earlier dream visited her on a balcony and told her a secret, she flew above the earth with the hawk and saw her family and Anton walking along darkened streets in Naples, the nuns and children from her old convent school sang sweetly under an arbor of blossom.

When she awoke, morning sunlight was streaming through her open curtain and she lay still, enjoying the remnants of her dreams and the feelings of contentment they carried. She needed no seer or gypsy to tell her the meaning of her dreams. She knew as surely as she knew anything that she had found her people and a place to rest and grow.

She did not know how long she lay like that, still half-dreaming and enjoying the morning air. Then she shuddered as if a chill wind had suddenly blown through her room. Thomas. He would be in Beja by now, doing whatever it was he needed to do to resolve the matter of Natalie's abuse. Isabella knew that his was no mission of diplomacy and negotiation. Thomas himself had admitted the danger.

Isabella rose, trying to dispel the dark thoughts creeping in to push aside her happiness. She washed and dressed and walked downstairs.

At the bottom of the stairs, Isabella nearly collided with Clara, the shy blonde from the kitchen. Clara apologized profusely but Isabella admitted fault immediately. "I am barely awake, Clara, I did not see you, I am sorry."

Clara was carrying a large pot of coffee and she and Isabella walked the plaza to The Sanctuary together. Aron and Gemil stood beside the doors.

"Good morning to you, Aron," said Isabella as he moved to open the doors. "And good morning, father," she said sweetly, curtsying to Gemil. The boys giggled and ushered Isabella and Carla into The Sanctuary.

Aralia and Kahlia sat together on a couch eating fruit and drinking coffee. They greeted Isabella and Carla and made space in front of them for the new pot of coffee. Isabella found a clean cup and poured herself a coffee. Jax was seated at a small desk on the upper level, obviously busy with papers. She chatted with Aralia and Kahlia briefly, Aralia inviting her to visit the children's compound with her after breakfast and Kahlia suggesting a visit to the library later in the day. Isabella accepted both invitations happily.

"Gabrielle tells me you have interesting dreams, Isabella," said Aralia. "If you like, we could talk about them afterwards."

"I would like that," replied Isabella. Then turning to Jax at her desk, Isabella called, "can I bring you coffee, Jax?"

Jax looked up from her papers and smiled, "Thank you darling, yes please. I have your Last Will and Testament for your signature."

Isabella poured a cup, took it up the stairs to Jax and sat opposite her at the desk.

"Did you sleep well, dear?" asked Jax, arranging papers.

"Wonderfully, thank you Jax," said Isabella. "I enjoyed the performance last evening."

Jax looked up at her and smiled. "We should perhaps work on few aspects of our performance. A private rehearsal later?"

"I'd like that," smiled Isabella, noticing that Jax was dressed in a full length, plain colored dress draped with scarves and brocade. "You are going out?"

"Yes, I will deliver these," she indicated a small pile of folded papers on side of the desk, "to the captain of one of the Bey's small ships at the dock this morning. He will make the run to the southern Sicilian coast later today. Firstly, however, I will get your signature on this," Jax turned a single sheet around. "Sign it with a slightly shaking hand, please my dear." Isabella read her will. It was all as agreed; Roberto was to have her farm and Maria's sons the funds in her accounts. Isabella read it over again, but could not bring herself to sign it just yet.

Isabella nodded, reflecting on the finality she felt, signing away her worldly possessions and breaking her last ties with family and friends in Naples. She realized how much trust she was placing in Jax, and in Thomas, so soon after meeting them. It was only a week since she had left her mama and papa and Anton standing on the dock in Naples, and here she was, accepting the advice of these...strangers...on matters that went to heart of who she was and how she was to live the rest of her life. Jax noticed the faraway look in her eyes.

"Would you prefer we left these matters for while, Isabella? I feel we may be rushing you out of our own excitement. There really is no hurry, you know. Another ship may make the passage next week, after you have had more of a chance to think through the implications, or discussed them with Thomas perhaps."

"Just give me a moment, please Jax," said Isabella, brushing away a tear.

Jax rose and placed a kindly hand on Isabella's shoulder. "Of course dear, take your time. I apologize for rushing you. Would you like to see Thomas's letter to your parents in its final form?" Jax handed her the letter and walked down the stairway to join Kahlia and Aralia for breakfast while Isabella read and sat quietly, trying to make sense of her feelings.

She read the letter several times slowly, noting the cramped writing and several corrections. Her suggestion of a reference to Anton was included. Isabella's heart was beating fast and her thoughts were in turmoil. She stared into space, beyond the narrow veranda of the Sanctuary, out into the impossibly blue and clear sky. She whispered, "Guide me, Keira. Please."

Far in the distance a dark dot appeared against the blue of the sky. It hung there for several moments before growing slowly larger, pulsing. Isabella focused on it and realized it was a bird, rhythmically flapping its large wings as it flew, apparently directly towards The Sanctuary. It dropped lower and Isabella stood, trying to keep it in view above the balustrade. Then it was gone and she started to move forward. Suddenly, it rose directly in front of the balcony and alighted, wings spread wide on the balustrade, only a few yards in front of Isabella. It was a hawk, golden, brown and black, just like the one in Isabella's dream, the one that had followed her and Keira and Thomas through the mountains. Isabella was dumbstruck and stared at the bird, folding its wings now, but never removing its eyes from her.

"Ishtar!" The call came from behind Isabella. It was Aralia, running up the stairs and towards the balcony. "Ishtar, my darling!" She was addressing the hawk. As if in response, the bird opened its beak and produced a short screech. It stretched its wings wide as if welcoming Aralia.

Aralia approached the bird without fear and put her face to its cheek. Ishtar gently responded with a quick nod of its head. Aralia spoke quietly to it in Arabic and touched a hand to its head. She then turned to Isabella, who was still transfixed.

"This is Ishtar," she said. "She is one of us but has been gone for nearly a week. We had been worried about her."

Isabella nodded and noticed that the bird had refixed its gaze on her, one shiny black eye studying her closely. Isabella returned the stare and instinctively moved slowly forward. Aralia took a step back, watching carefully as Isabella extended an open, upturned hand to the hawk. The bird laid its head in her hand and Isabella bent and kissed it.

Aralia gasped. "She seems to know you," she whispered.

"From a dream," said Isabella, not shifting her gaze from Ishtar's eye. "She followed me in a dream last night."

Aralia nodded. "Is this an omen for you, Isabella?" she asked.

Isabella turned her face to Aralia, "It feels that way," she said, "but I don't understand omens."

"For us they are purely personal," said Aralia quietly. "If Ishtar's appearance and attachment to you has a special meaning for you, it may be an omen. No one else can say. "

At that moment, the bird raised its head from her hand and squawked, looking directly at Isabella. Isabella could see her own face reflected in Ishtar's dark eye.

"What does the name 'Ishtar' mean?" asked Isabella.

"Ishtar was the ancient Babylonian name for the goddess of love and passion," said Aralia. "She was Isis to the Egyptians, Astarte to the Phoenicians and Inanna to the Mesopotamians. The Greeks knew her as Venus and the Romans as Aphrodite."

"And what was her relationship with Keira?"

"Keira invoked the image of Ishtar as a symbol of our order," said Aralia. "Not as a deity, but as an allegory or metaphor for the goddess within each of us. She urged us to draw our strength from Ishtar in times of crisis."

Isabella nodded and touched the bird on the head again. Ishtar spread her wings, turned to face the open sky and pushed off, taking flight and finding the current of warm air rising from the cliff. She circled and rose on the updraft as Isabella and Aralia watched her in silence. Isabella's spirit rose with the bird.

She turned to find Jax and Kahlia watching her from the top of the stairs. Isabella smiled.

"I see your sacred chicken has returned," said Jax to Aralia.

Aralia addressed Isabella. "Jax is not what we call a follower of the esoteric," she smiled. "Also, Ishtar tends to bite Jax given the opportunity. A wise bird indeed."

Isabella laughed and hugged Aralia. She walked back to the little table, found the will and signed it with a deliberately faltering hand. She dusted the fresh ink with talc and handed the document to Jax. "I think we should get on with the day, don't you?" she smiled.

Jax took the paper from her and kissed her cheek. Jax collected and bound the other documents on the table and slipped them into a black leather satchel.

Fixing a scarf around her head, and tucking the satchel under one arm, she smiled and left The Sanctuary. "I shall be a couple of hours in the town," she said from the door.

"Don't get into trouble, Jax," called Kahlia after her.

"Come and have breakfast, Isabella," said Aralia. "I would very much like to hear more about your dreams before we visit the children."

"And I will see you later in the library?" asked Kahlia.

"Most certainly!" replied Isabella. "But I still have so many questions, Kahlia dear, that I may be a distraction for you."

"I am sure we will work through it," she grinned, leaving Aralia and Isabella to make their way back to the couches and the coffee pot.

A fresh platter of fruit and pastries had been delivered and Isabella helped herself while Aralia poured her another coffee. Aralia began to question her about her dreams. When had Keira first visited her? What did she wear? Did she speak? Was Isabella aware of specific knowledge coming to her in her dreams? When did Ishtar appear? Isabella answered to the best of her recollection. Aralia was most excited when Isabella described the way that her inner guide gave her confidence and insights when she found herself in new sexual situations.

Paul T
Paul T
40 Followers