Jazzy Girl Ch. 1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fucking tremendous." I thought. "Abso-fucking-lutely tremendous." I felt like I had found my soul again. Jesus Christmas what a night! I felt seriously rejuvenated, and somehow that made me sleepy. "Good night." I said to myself, yawning, looking forward to a deep sleep. "Thank you, Moon God!"

So I tipped the bartender, gave Fat Harvey a slap on the back ("Looking good there, Harv'!") and pushed my way outside. As I hit the sidewalk I heard someone call me.

"Hey, you."

It was Jazzy Girl and the band. They had rushed out to look for me. "Listen," she said, still sweating and panting from her set, "what are you doing tomorrow night? Pete's got some damn thing tomorrow," said Julie, "What the hell was it again, Pete?"

Pete, the keyboard player, looked at her like she was crazy. "I've told you ten times you lunatic woman. I'm having laser surgery on my eyes."

"Right." said Julie. "He's having his eyes burnt off."

The band laughed.

"So," said Julie, "tomorrow night..."

She was interrupted by the sax player, who stepped forward, thrusting out a big hand. He was a good looking guy with biceps you could see through his leather coat. "I'm Dean." he said. "This Pete, Tyler and Julie."

Julie. Jazzy Girl.

And Dean had his arm around her. So. She was taken.

"We loved your set, man." said Dean.

"Back at you." I said.

"Anyway", said Pete, "They need someone to cover for me tomorrow. Just one set at 9:30. I can make the second set at 10:30."

"It's at the Gate." said Tyler, the tubby little drummer. "Nothing fancy, we've got sheet music. And you can do some of your own stuff. Anything original is cool."

"Actually," I said, pulling out my lyric sheet, "I've got something new for you." I handed the lyrics to Julie, who had retreated when Dean stepped forward.

"For me?" she said.

"That song you did," I continued, "'Baltimore Taxi', you called it. I don't know, the tune was snappy, funky, but the lyrics seemed too downtown, too all out bluesy. It seemed like a lighter piece, so I worked up a few new lyrics."

"You re-wrote my song?" said Julie.

Her song? Oops.

"Not too much." I said. "I mean, ya' know, there was some good stuff..." I stammered, trying to get my foot out of my mouth. But Julie wouldn't have it.

"Nah. Can't get out of it." she mocked. Then 'fessed up, "I can't write lyrics for shit, I know that. So, you did this tonight? At the bar?"

"Yep."

"'Kay. I'll check it out." she said, looking the sheet over. "What's this title?"

"Jazzy Girl." I said.

"Thanks." she said, giving me a curious, sideways look. I swear she was checking me out.

Dean grabbed her little tighter around the shoulder and said, "So, tomorrow night? You interested? Pays fifty."

"Fifty bucks? Sure." I said. "I can eat tomorrow. Bonus."

"Cool." he said, "Get there around nine, we'll be all set up."

We all said goodnight and separated. Julie turned back to me, though, her hand in Dean's back pocket. "And bring your girlfriend!" she said with a mischievous look in her eyes.

I wondered about that moment in the stockroom when I though someone was in the hallway. Wasn't it right before someone said, "C'mon, Julie."? Damn it! Was she watching us? Did it turn her on? Is that why she was so passionate on stage later?

Let's just say I was looking forward to the next evening.

So I walked home, but went past my street without thinking. I was wandering, and didn't know where I was going, until I hit Seventh Avenue when I realized that I was looking for the moon. A funny mood had come over me. I didn't recognize it at first, and then it hit me -- I was happy.

The moon was lower in the sky now, dipping beneath the steel towers downtown, but still as orange, still as full, still as magical. I tipped an imaginary hat in thanks to the mystic orb, yawned a dreamy yawn, and headed home to bed.

To Be Continued...