Jeffrey

Story Info
Though it's inappropriate, they can both get what they need.
6.4k words
4.6
13.7k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On call nearly all of his waking hours, Jeffrey is the humble servant of a one of the richest families in Bel Air, California. Over the years he has developed a rather saucy attitude toward his job. Although he is dedicated to this family, he often lets loose with some of the best one liners in history. However, one could say this is how he maintains his sanity, putting up with the family's needs and antics. As an African American employee of a family of the same persuasion, he does not necessarily give an air of distinction, other than the generous salary he receives. He is adamant about going off duty at 9 PM and having his one day off each week because he knows that his good service to this family entitles him to it. He walks away into his own modest indulgences when the bell rings, so to speak. However, it is Friday and this weekend the family has plans, all except for Hilary of course. She is still in mourning over the loss of her fiancé. She will be remaining at home. He will get the weekend off anyway, starting late this afternoon, and all the way until Monday morning. He is thrilled at the opportunity to perhaps take in a show, or even just sleep in. Because of this, he has that extra spring in his step this afternoon.

"I don't care Will...Carlton, be on your best behavior up there," Philip warns.

"Well Dad, the ski slopes are open late for night skiing, however if we get up there early enough we'll be snug in bed on time and rested for the next day, right Will?" Carlton says.

Will looks around knowing he is going to cause his uncle's blood to boil but he can't help his mannerisms. He has never held back and doesn't see any reason to start.

"Early to bed maybe. But I dunno 'bout early to sleep...Know what I'm sayin?" He says to Carlton, "Yeah you know...well maybe not."

"Well I like to read before I sleep," Carlton says, obviously not catching on, "Sometimes if I stop in a particularly good part it's hard for me to doze off."

"That's cool," Will says as he put his hands on Carlton's shoulder, "Yep...all the more honeys for me."

"Just be careful Will," Philip adds.

"And don't bring anything back with you that would require washing all the linens in the house," Jeffrey sasses.

"Yo G," Will grins, "Come with us. You've been around. Could probably teach Carlton a few moves."

"Well I would like him to teach me the Ruy Lopez opening Chess move so I can use it in Chess club. That would really shock them," Carlton says.

"Somehow I don't think that's the move he had in mind, Master Carlton," Jeffrey adds.

"Well anything you can teach me would be great," Carlton says with enthusiasm.

"He's a blank slate man," Will chuckles, "You sure you won't come along?"

"I thank you Will, but I plan to catch up on some reading, and take in a show," Jeffrey answers.

"Ok man," Will shrugs.

"Philip, I'm ready," Vivian announces as she enters the kitchen.

"Woah Aunt Viv!" Will remarks about her obvious taste in outfits.

"Thank you Will," she smiles.

"Ready," Philip says as he stands up from the table.

"Yo, Uncle Phil, you not gonna finish that?" Will grins looking down at a half finished meal, "Feeling alright?"

"Feeling good enough to tell you to stay here for the weekend," Philip counters.

"Well I, you..." Will stutters, "Hey, good choice...save room for all the good foods on...the airplane...yeah."

"Sir, do you want me to save this for you," Jeffrey asks, "I know it's your favorite."

"No Jeffrey," Philip answers, then thinks for a moment, "Well yes...save it."

"Heaven forbid any food gets wasted in this house," Jeffrey sasses.

"Come on Philip," Vivian coaxes as she walks toward the front door, "Jeffrey please look in on Hilary once in a while."

"Ok ok," Philip says as he hurries along.

"Yes madam," Jeffrey answers.

The kids and Jeffrey say their goodbyes as the parents leave the house. As soon as the Taxi begins to drive away, Will begs Carlton to hurry along too. In his impatience, it only takes him a moment to drag him by the ear to the garage. The family Mercedes soon speeds out of the driveway. Jeffrey breathes a sigh of relief. He knows he will probably have to fix a meal for Hilary at least once this weekend but he had been told to take the weekend off. He has every intention to do so.

The high paid butler hums a happy tune as he does a quick cleanup of the kitchen and heads up the stairs to put on some casual attire in order to enjoy a few hours out at the pool. He intends to enjoy every minute of his weekend. First though climbing the stairs to Hilary's room, he knocks lightly on the door.

"Miss Hilary," he says softly, "Might I prepare something for you?"

"No Jeffrey," was all she says, but as he was walks away she speaks again, "Thank you though."

"If you need anything Miss Hilary I will be resting near the pool, but can stop anytime if you get hungry," Jeffrey adds.

"Thanks," she says quietly.

Jeffrey sighs as he walks toward his room. He feels bad for her, but Mrs. Banks thinks she needs to be left alone until she is ready to move on or at least talk about it. He understands this, but after being this family's right hand for so long, it's difficult to sit back and wait.

Upon returning to his room, Jeffrey carefully puts away his uniform in order to change into some swimming shorts. Leaving his room he grabs a towel and a T-shirt that Will got him last Christmas that says, 'Home butler' on it, and heads outside. Grabbing the Wall Street Journal sitting on the breakfast table he exits the back kitchen door. Upon reaching the pool, he finds the most comfortable lounge chair, sits down and opens the newspaper. A big relaxed smile forms on his face.

Jeffrey thumbs through the newspaper aimlessly. Realizing that he is off duty, it doesn't seem to hold his interest. Tossing the paper beside him on the cement surrounding this fine in-ground pool, he closes his eyes a moment and sighs, enjoying the time off. But suddenly he remembers an indulgence he does not get often. Looking over at the pool, he smiles knowing it seems so inviting, mainly because he sees it as unavailable to him when the house is full of people. He has been told to use it any time he is off duty, but it has always seemed most inappropriate.

Standing up, he stretches, then slowly lowers himself into the pool. Under water in an instant, he comes back up closing his eyes as he paddles backward. Thinking lazily, he remarks inwardly that he might have to take this indulgence more often during his off time. But just as he begins to enjoy his time, things begin to change.

"Miss Hilary!" he exclaims as he submerges himself up to his neck.

His reaction is as much of a surprise at her presence as it is with what she is wearing. Rarely paying any attention to the pool while he is working, he doesn't notice what his employers wear out here. Instinctively and without thinking, he looks her over. Standing before him casting a shadow in what he thinks is a very nice red two piece bathing suit, she speaks to him.

"Oh Jeffrey, you're going to give yourself a heart attack or something," She snaps.

"My apologies Miss Hilary," He says politely and reaches for his towel, "I shall retire to my room, as you are now here to enjoy the pool."

"Oh Jeffrey I don't care if you're here," She says and walks over to another lounge chair, "Even you need a day off."

"Most kind Miss Hilary," He says, shrugging off her attitude, "But it would be inappropriate."

"No, it's ok," She replies quickly.

"Only as long as I will not impose on your relaxation," He says.

"Actually Jeffrey, I wouldn't mind the company," Hilary sighs.

"Alright Miss Hilary," He says as he nervously exits the pool.

Jeffrey, always being in his uniform around the family is uncomfortable in just swim trunks. Feeling severely underdressed around someone who can order him around at will is unnerving. He likes to be at his best around them as a sign of respect. Quickly grabbing his towel, he dries off, and puts it over his shoulders with utmost haste. Attempting to compose himself, he then sits down quickly and tries to again read the newspaper.

"Uh," Hillary scolds, "Jeffrey, you're going to hurt something if you move that fast. I hope you don't do it all the time. You're going to lose your hair like that."

"Thank you for your concern Miss Hilary," He says, "But it is part of my duty to convey a degree of dignity as well as professionalism."

"Dignity?" She blurts out, "Will would say that walking around without a shirt is dignified. You know, he might say, 'showin off' for the honeys, know what I'm sayin' Yah you know."

"Ha ha! That's most amusing Miss Hilary," Jeffrey laughs.

"Jeffrey I don't care if you let loose once in a while," She says, "That means you'll be around longer to make me sandwiches."

"Of course. Honest as usual Miss Hilary," He says, "But it's best that I keep as many clothes on around the family as possible."

"I guess," Hilary says.

Jeffrey can't help but notice what seems like a hint of disappointment. He thinks about it a moment then chalks it up to mourning and depression. She doesn't know what she is saying, or he has read too much into it. Mr. Banks has been making comments lately about her attitude and that she isn't herself. He decides to shrug it off as just another example of that.

"You know it look Trevor two months to feel comfortable enough around me to take his shirt off. We would go to the beach and he would leave it on," Hilary said.

"Some people have a natural measure of modesty. It's not unusual," He says.

"You know it took longer for him to feel comfortable taking his shirt off than it did for him to show the rest to me," Hilary admits.

"Miss Hillary I perhaps should not be privy to that information," Jeffrey says.

"Oh yeah like no one in this house knew about us," She says, "I'm an adult, hello!"

"Yes Miss Hilary but I do not think they wish to hear about it," He says.

"Yeah your right I guess," She says, "Still I miss...his shower. The way he loved to look at me put a smile on my face. He was so polite, and would never touch me any place until he had kissed me first."

Jeffrey looks over at her. Suddenly he figures he can almost imagine her in a shower, washing herself. It really isn't that difficult since she is sitting in a rather attractive and small two piece. Not realizing he is gazing at her, he then stops out of embarrassment.

"I um," He starts.

"Then after we touched, I was so...satisfied. Oh you have no idea," She says, "Dammit I miss that."

"Hmm," Jeffrey mutters as his eyes fixate on her again.

"It hurts just to think about how good it feels to make love," She sighs, "Maybe never again will it be that...good."

"I'm ahem," Jeffrey grunts as he sat up quickly, "I um I'm sure you will find another eventually."

Nervously Jeffrey decides to let her keep talking. The words are most inappropriate, but this is the most she has opened up about her loss since it happened. He knows that if he were to shut her down now, she might take weeks to open up again. Caring a great deal about all of his employers, he will do this for her.

"I can't be serious Jeffrey," she says, holding back tears, "What if I lose someone again like that?"

"Do you really want to think that way?" Jeffrey asks softly.

"No, but I am afraid to lose someone again," She sobs.

Jeffrey became tempted to comfort her like he did when she bumped her head one time as a child. He even starts to go to her but thinks better of it. It's inappropriate. He wrestles to get his own feelings under control and stands knowing he has used that word, 'inappropriate' in his own thoughts quite often this afternoon.

"I...I'll go get you a drink Miss Hilary," He says as he starts for the kitchen door.

"I...please just," She starts to say as she stands, "I just...you know no one has offered to just give me a hug."

"It would be most inappropriate," He says.

"Jeffrey," She says as she tries to approach him.

"Miss," He sighs as he starts to back away.

Instead of resisting, Jeffrey reluctantly puts his arms out, and she immediately comes over and wails into his shoulder. Trying his best, he comforts her without compromising her space. She latches onto him tightly. Soon though, her cries give way to sobs, then whimpers, and eventually a long sigh.

"Sorry," She whispers as she looks at him.

"Not at all Miss Hillary," He says softly.

After a few seconds, Hilary pulls away and just looks at him. For a few moments she just seems to want to say something. To Jeffrey it looks like more of a compulsion than anything else. He has never seen this sort of attitude from her before and is at a loss with what to do. Just as she starts to walk away, she turns again.

"You came out here to relax, Jeffrey," She says as she approached him, "I am not going to be the reason why you can't. You were all casual. Get relaxed again or I can go back to my room so that you can."

"Oh Miss Hillary I can't," He starts.

"Fine I have to go to my room then so you can be you on your day off," She says as she starts to walk toward the house.

"Miss Hillary wait," He says remembering Madam Vivian and her request to 'humor' Hillary for a while.

Jeffrey nervously pulls the towel from around his head and held it at his side. Looking at her he sighs with embarrassment. Hillary quickly snatches it out of his hand and smiles heavily. He knows he will have to endure the embarrassment for a while longer in order to see her smile and even relax again.

"Make me a drink," she snaps as she heads back over to her lounge chair, but turns and speaks again, "And yourself too."

"Very good," He says and heads for the kitchen.

As Jeffrey reaches the refrigerator and opens it, he knows that there are many choices here. He can't quite understand why he didn't think of that before. He knows all too well. Heading back out to ask her what she wants, he stopped a moment as he saw her adjusting the cushion of the lounge chair and brushing it off. She has it flat out and is on her knees, with her hands brushing the surface off. Jeffrey stared at the back end of her bent over in her small bathing suit. He knows full well that he would never have done this under normal circumstances but, all her talk, then being hugged. It got to him a little. He begins to gaze at her wiggling back and forth as she brushes off the cushion. If he had been younger, and not under her family's employ, he might react differently. But he knows his place. Temporarily losing himself, looking at her young, trim form bent over he froze in position and didn't even notice that she had sat down.

"Jeffrey what are you doing?" Hilary calls out as she sees him.

There is a slight smile on her face and he doesn't answer for a moment. Still lost in thought, the words do not reach him right away.

"My apologies for the intrusion. What would you like to drink?" He tries to cover as he takes a few steps outside.

"Oh...can you make one of those Strawberry malt things?" She asks.

"Yes Miss Hilary," He says.

As Jeffrey turns to go back into the house, he sees for just a second a smile on Hillary's face. He turns back for a second in double take to see that it changes into a very sultry stare for just a moment until she looks down at her magazine. Jeffrey becomes a bit nervous at the sudden change, but decides to shrug it off as just more odd behavior. He quickly goes back over to fix the drinks.

"Damn," He mutters to himself, "How much am I supposed to humor her? I should come up with some degree of subterfuge and go back to my room and let her be alone."

Finishing up, Jeffrey sighs and with drinks in hand goes back out to deliver his usual excellence. When he reaches the lounge chair, he sees that she isn't there. He looked over to see her swimming in the pool, then looks back quickly as he set the drink down for her. But his eyes widen as he sees both pieces of her bathing suit sitting in the lounge chair. Instinctively he turns to look at her. She smiled and waved her hand.

"Miss Hilary," He speaks to her in a downward pitch of warning as he turns to face a different direction.

"What's wrong Jeffrey?" she smiles.

"You happen to be devoid of your bathing suit Miss Hilary," Jeffrey says, "If there is nothing else I will retire."

"Don't tell me you wouldn't do it if you were alone here," She says quickly as she swims to the edge of the pool closest to him.

"I most certainly would not," Jeffrey answers quickly.

"Inappropriate?" Hilary says.

"Of course," He answers.

"So you probably wouldn't want to look out at the pool every Saturday morning around two then I guess," She snaps.

"If I happened to see it, I would categorically deny it, for your dignity, Miss Hilary," He says.

"When you got done looking that is," Hilary smiles.

"I would not do such a thing," Jeffrey says.

"Miss Hilary," he says with a disgusted tone, "I'm going to my room to watch Masterpiece Theatre."

"Oh Jeffrey stay here for a while," She says softly, "Please."

"Miss Hilary, my employ with this family does not stipulate engaging in this sort of behavior," Jeffrey says.

"You're right of course," Hilary sighs as she puts her hands up on the edge of the pool, "There probably isn't a hang out with the employer's nude twenty something daughter near the pool, clause."

"If there were, I never would have signed it," he adds nervously, knowing he probably needs to keep humoring her, "I will sit over here at the table."

"Don't tell me you have never cheated just a little during your time here," She smiles, "What about that bottle of wine you took from the reserve last Christmas?"

"I replaced that bottle with another, the following week. I even informed Mr. Banks," Jeffrey defends with irritation as he turns his chair away from the pool."

"Oh," Hilary says dryly, "I guess that can sort of prove my point that you need to live a little."

"Living a little, Miss Hilary does not constitute being here at this moment, but I am indulging you this for now," He answers.

"Plus your theater show isn't on til nine," She smirks.

"True, so let's talk about your plans Miss Hilary," Jeffrey says, "Do you require anything the rest of this weekend?"

"I might," Hilary answers, "Actually I sort of require it."

"How may I assist you?" He asks.

As Jeffrey asks the question he is hopeful for an answer that will clearly define his duties to her this weekend. He figures that if he gets a clear definition of his duties to her, he might be able to set some parameters as to the time he needs to be around her. The situation is uncomfortable for him to say the least. But it is for a few reasons. He is loyal to his employers and this sort of behavior is not consistent with his level of professionalism. The other reason being, that he can't help finding her attractive, and being without for so long, he finds his mind wandering a bit. Fighting it off, he sees it as intolerable.

"Bring me a towel?" Hilary asks.

"Yes Miss Hilary," Jeffrey answers as he stands and glances over to see that she is still in the pool.

Jeffrey reaches for a towel on a shelf beside the table. Turning slightly as to not look directly at her, he kneels down to pass her the towel. As she reaches for it, he feels her wet hand pass over his. He smiled slightly at the sensation as he feels her pull the towel from her hand. But she doesn't move her hand.

"Come in Jeffrey," Hilary says softly as she grasps his hand from over the top.

"I cannot, Miss Hilary," Jeffrey says, clearing his throat.

"No one is here," She smiles as she lifts herself in the pool to expose her chest.

Hillary takes her hand and presses it against his cheek, moving his head in her direction. He looks at her nervously as she smiles at him. Frozen like a deer in headlights, he stares into her eyes. For a moment, he became lost in them, and with the attention she is giving him.

12