Jenny Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,607 Followers

'You goin' to tell mom and dad everything?" Tom asked.

"Don't know. Probably -- except maybe the hospital. How much do they know?"

"They know about the gambling and the debt. Not much else," Tom answered.

"How'd they take it?"

"Pretty good. They knew something was up, and that I'd get involved."

"Everything OK on the job?"

"Yeah, no problems."

"You gonna whack me when I'm better?"

"Nah! No fun in that ... too easy," Tom laughed.

"Tom ... I never got a chance to lay a finger on him. He had me right from the beginning," Vinnie said, looking up at his brother.

"Yeah, that's how it's supposed to work. I guess he hit pretty hard, huh?"

"Hands like stone. I thought I was gonna die. Never felt pain like that," he said quietly.

"Yeah, I know. That's what he's good at. Helps keep the cash flow moving," Tom grinned.

"How's Jenny and Nikki?"

"Fine. Jenny says hi and when you get better, you got extra time in the Jacuzzi."

"That sounds good right about now."

They chatted for a few more minutes before Tom rose and held his brother's hand, giving it a squeeze before he left to head home.

-0-

Tom and Steve Inhalt sat around in Tom's living room, exchanging ideas on Vinnie's future. Tom was going to try and talk his brother into accepting the five year payout at $120 thousand per year.

He was also going to suggest Vinnie go into business for himself as a framing contractor. It was Vinnie's strength, and he could probably find more work that he could handle. Tom would guarantee him all the framing work he had, but he knew that there were plenty of other builders who need skilled framers these days, and it was something Vinnie had become very good at.

Tom would also allow Vinnie to take three men with him who had been largely rough carpenters, and who had been doing most of the framing. Tom's crew could then concentrate on the joinery and finish carpentry as well as miscellaneous hardware and installations, crew scheduling and problem solving. Everyone else would be a sub-contractor.

It would cut down management time and people resources. It would give Tom time to find another crew chief and train some additional people. It would also mean that it was possible for Blanton and Sons to grow without putting an unacceptable strain on the existing people.

The most important components of the plan would be to get Vinnie to see this as an opportunity. In addition, he had to get his finances and credit restored so that he could purchase the lumber, trusses, nails and power equipment necessary, as well as pay his crews.

For a while, Tom would have to be his banker, but sooner or later, Vinnie would have to run it as a profitable business, standing on its own. Tom could only hope that his brother would grab this opportunity and run with it.

On Sunday afternoon, Tom picked up Vinnie at the hospital and drove him to his parents' home. Vinnie had insisted he wanted to talk to them, let them know what had happened, and that the worst was over. He also wanted to let them know of his decision to sell his share to Tom.

The ride to West Vancouver was quiet on a gloomy, drizzly fall day just before Halloween. Vinnie was stiff and sore and finding it difficult to get around, but otherwise was recovering well. His chest was taped in a wide elastic bandage which needed to be removed and replaced before and after his daily shower.

His ribcage showed yellow and purple marks bruises from the beating on both sides of his body. He had accepted Tom's offer to stay in his spare bedroom for a few days until he could look after himself. It would be too much for his parents to handle, and Tom could assist him without any problem. Jenny had readily agreed and Nikki was happy to have Uncle Vinnie in the house as well.

Their parents were horrified at the beating Vinnie had taken, but were relieved when Tom assured them that it was over with, and the debt had been repaid. Vinnie apologized for causing his mother and father pain and concern over his behavior. He also apologized for his personal stupidity at getting in the mess in the first place.

He admitted he had been acting badly in the past months, and promised everyone that it was behind him. He told them of his decision to sell his share to Tom, and to start his own business. Tom had broached the subject of setting him up as a sub-contractor for framing and Vinnie had jumped at it like a drowning man after a life preserver. It would give him his freedom along with the freedom to be his own boss.

Tom suggested they meet with Steve Inhalt to discuss how the financial structure would look. At first Vinnie didn't understand why that was necessary, but when Tom explained the credit and cash flow issues of sub-contractors, Vinnie recognized he was going to need their help.

For his part, Tom was delighted with the change in attitude of his brother and hoped this was the beginning of a new relationship with him. He would do everything in his power to help him become successful, but in the end, Vinnie would have to do it for himself.

coaster2
coaster2
2,607 Followers
12