Jim and Sharon Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
curious2c
curious2c
2,518 Followers

Walking into the hospital room the first thing I saw was Jim. Tubes sticking in him all over, his left arm in a cast, his right leg in one too. His chest was taped tight and I could see discoloration where some blood had soaked through in one place. His eyes were closed and he was resting, so I just stood there and stared at him. The one man I loved more than life itself, yet I had chased him away.

My presence must have disturbed him, he woke up. Looking into my eyes a smile came to his lips.

"Hey. It's not as bad as it looks. I'll be all right soon."

I was about to say something when in walked this young blonde girl. She walked right past me and went to Jim's side. Bending down, she kissed him on his lips, holding there for a moment longer than proper. Then she picked up his hand and turned to look at me.

"You must be Sharon."

Not friendly, not welcoming, but cold. Ice cold.

"Yes."

"What are you doing here?"

"I...I was told that Jim wanted to see me."

She looked at Jim, and something in his eyes must have told her. She kissed him again, then laid his hand down along his side.

"I'll wait outside sweetie. Just yell out and I'll be right here if you need me."

As she said that she glared at me with venom that chilled me. She was obviously protecting her turf. I was wondering why Jim had wanted me here now. It was readily apparent that this young Goddess and Jim were an item, and a lot closer than I knew.

As she walked by me she stopped and whispered in my ear, soft enough that Jim couldn't hear.

"You hurt him once, so I'll tell you this bitch...you hurt him here today or ever again, I'll hunt you down. I promise."

I froze in place as she walked out. Fear...I felt fear. This woman was willing to go to the mat for Jim. Why...why hadn't I? I had been his wife for years. I knew him so well...or rather, I thought I had.

"Thanks for coming Sharon."

"What did you want Jim? I thought you never wanted to see or hear from me again?"

"Look. I need to get something off my chest. I was wrong to have cheated on you. I was trying to tell you that night...but you wouldn't let me. I broke it off with her earlier that week. I was trying to get my head back on straight and going to fix things with you."

"I knew that Jim. I knew you were about to tell me. I...that's why I rushed you into the chair and played that game on you. If I had thought about it more, with a cooler head, I would never have done any of those things, and especially not in front of you like I did. I am sorry. I really messed things up...didn't I?"

"Well, we both did Sharon. What I wanted was to tell you that I was sorry for cheating on you when I did, and that I forgive you for your revenge. I had time to think about things...then when I heard about how you almost died and lost the baby in that miscarriage...I knew I needed to come to terms with everything. I was on my way to the house to tell you when the truck..."

I saw a pained look slam across his face and one of the monitors began beeping. He laid back, his head suddenly heavy on his shoulders. A nurse briskly walked in and began to look over all the tubes and monitors, then found where something had pulled loose. Re-inserting it, the beeping stopped.

"You need to be more careful Jim. That tube has to be where it is, it's what's keeping you alive at the moment."

My heart was pounding as I thought that Jim was far worse off than he appeared to be. Jim laughed, and the nurse joined in. I saw nothing funny about some tube that was keeping him alive coming loose. I was about to shout at them both when I realized that the tube must not be an important one after all...it was just the friendly banter of a nurse and her patient.

The nurse left the room with a smile and a nod at me. Jim smiled at me, then sipped on a drink. He was having some trouble with the straw so I stepped in to assist him. Another hand came in between us and I saw that the young lady was back and practically shoving me out of the way to help him.

"Tammi...I still need to say some things to Sharon...could you give us a few more minutes?"

"Can't you say them while I'm here? Oh, never mind...I understand...let me know when you're done though okay?"

Kissing him again, this time with some tongue that she let me see as she broke away from him. I knew that she did it purposely. Marking her territory. Letting me know that Jim was hers now. Not mine.

"I should go. I can see that I'm upsetting...Tammi."

She gave me a look that boded nothing good as she brushed by. I moved back, allowing her space to walk by. I could feel the chill air emanating from her.

Turning back to Jim I saw a look in his eyes as he watched Tammi walk out. I knew that look. There had been a time when that look had been reserved for me alone. He loved that girl. A lot.

"Look, Sharon...I just wanted to apologize to you and let you know that I forgive you for...that night. For everything. Tammi made me see that I need to move on, as do you. I am sorry that you lost the baby...I know how you feel about things like that. You would have been a great mom. I know that. I'm sorry that things didn't work out."

I held my emotions in check. I knew that if I said anything at that moment I'd start crying. He had just wanted to tell me that he was over me. Something I didn't want to hear. But, thinking about it for a moment, I knew that it was the right thing to do. Move on that is.

"Well, I wish that I could take that night back Jim...I really do. I caused you to hate me, and leave me. Had I thought it out more I would never have gone that far. I'm the one who should be sorry."

"Uh..so you know Sharon...Tammi and I are...well...we are thinking on getting married. She's a bit...wild...I'm not sure that a wedding will happen. She was the one that insisted that I clear the air between us first though. I'm...I'm not trying to hurt you with this revelation...it's just that I thought you deserved to know why."

"Well...good luck Jim. I hope that she brings you happiness. I know that I..."

"Sharon...stop. Quit doing that to yourself. You have a lot going for you. Try to find someone else. We can't be together anymore...but you could find someone who will love you. Don't dwell on us and what was."

"Easier said than done Jim. Of course, you must know all about that. This change in you...it is a good thing. Tammi must have worked wonders for you. I'm happy that...you've found...that you..."

I couldn't help myself. Tears fell and as they did I stumbled out a goodbye and turned, almost running out of the room. Running past Tammi I saw a look in her eyes that made me wonder about her...but I was in too much pain to think about it at that time.

Jim takes over:

Watching Sharon leave I saw the pain in her eyes. I had no choice. I had to do this and Tammi and I had worked it all out. So far everything had happened just as planned, well, except for the accident. That had not been planned. I only hoped that we hadn't gone too far. I didn't intend to hurt Sharon more than I already had.

Tammi walked in, smiling.

"So...how did it all go lover?"

"Okay. I think she was a bit hurt."

"Honey, she was more than hurt. She was crushed. You still going to be able to go through with all of our plan? Are you positive that you want to? Are you sure you don't still love her?"

"Yes. I think it will work out fine. It's just a bit hard on me at times, just as I'm sure it's hard on Sharon too. Are you sure you love me still? I mean..."

"Jim...you are one of the best lovers I've ever had...of course I want to do this. I'd follow you through hell if you asked me to darling. I'm so glad that me met, and found out that we love some of the same things. Right now, you need to rest and get better. By the time you get out of here I'll be ready to fuck your eyeballs out. I love you so much too. More than I have ever loved anyone."

Just as Tammi said that I looked up to see Judy and Sam walking into the room. I felt more than a little uncomfortable at that moment...but Tammi ignored them and once again gave me a very intimate kiss.

The awkward silence after that hot kiss became almost unbearable, until Tammi stepped into the void and saved the day.

"Hi guys...your mom was just here. I was just saying bye to your dad for a while...I have some shopping to do. See ya later."

Judy was glaring at her while Sam just smiled uncomfortably as Tammi walked past them.

"So...how are you two?"

"We should be asking you that dad. How did things go with you and mom?"

"As good as I could have thought. I wish it could have gone better...but with so much behind us now..."

"What are you doing dad? That...girl...Tammi...why on earth do you even like her?"

"Judy...you should know the answer to that. Tammi is a very special young lady...we have...feelings for each other. Strong feelings. Matter of fact I love her. We are planning on getting married."

"I hope you love her...since you plan on marrying her. I just can't figure you out dad. You mope around most of the time thinking about mom..."

"No I don't. I hardly think about her at all any more. I heard about her baby and the miscarriage and all...and felt that I needed to set things straight with her. Our past...has had too many things happen now for us to be together, you know that."

"Dad, we all know that isn't true." Sam's statement was more hopeful than assured.

Damn...Sam was going to take sides now too? I hoped that Tammi and I had worked out things and that they would happen as we wanted. This was going to be a tough couple of months for us I could see that. I was positive that the kids would never accept Tammi, just as Tammi had warned me.

"Look, your mom and I are history. There is no going back. I know that she wants to 'fix' things between us and all, but I'm never going back there. What I did was bad enough, what she did was totally uncalled for. Totally."

"But dad, you hurt her when you had that affair. She was angry and hurt. She did what any woman would have done had they the chance."

"WRONG. She took her revenge much to far Judy and you know it. To tie me up like she did, then force me to watch her 'get even', then, to top it off, rubbing her...rubbing my face with her...no...there is no going back."

I couldn't believe I had almost told my children what their mother had done to me. Every once in a while I still had nightmares about that event. I hurt all over, and my leg itched like crazy. I just wanted to go home and heal. Sam had something on his mind that he wanted to ask or say. I could tell by how he was holding himself, and knowing him from raising him as I had.

"Uh...I have to go dad. Is there anything you need?"

"No. Thanks anyway Judy. Take care sweetie. I love you."

"I know dad. I know. I just wish..."

"Not gonna happen dear. Forget it."

"Are you coming Sam?"

"Nah sis, I want to talk to dad for a bit. Man to man stuff. Catch you later."

As Judy walked out I could see her shoulders droop as if under a huge load. I knew that Sharon and I getting divorced was the reason fo that. What she wanted, what Sharon wanted, I could not give. I had lost my faith in my wife. With that one act she had shown that I could never trust her again.

Now I had found someone who had probably more experience than many men would have cared for, but I knew that Tammi not only had fallen in love with me, but that we were pretty well matched sexually as well. Not only that, but we were about equal financially too. She had an inheritance from a grandfather and her work.

Having only been together for such a short time, I still felt that we had a bright future together. Our plan, such as it were, was fairly simple. Get married, take a nice long trip to the Bahama's, then settle into life at my place.

We had already fixed up a play room, and Tammi had moved over some of her things. Our age difference being what it was, I did at times worry about the future and us. Tammi always reassured me that she would always be faithful to me. I believed her, even though some would have probably said "Sure...for now."

You see, I knew some things about Tammi that convinced me that she meant what she said, and that she would hold true to a promise. In her past men had tossed her aside after getting their fill of her. One had been engaged to her, only to get caught cheating on her two weeks before the marriage.

We had talked over many things, and together we had discovered that we needed each other. Both having been hurt in the past, and both searching for someone to love, and share our lives with. Sharon had cut me deeper than I had ever been cut, and it took some time before I could trust any woman fully again, but Tammi had broken through that wall.

One thing Tammi had that drew me so much was her insight on life and love. Sexually she was a free bird, but emotionally she could be tightly controlled. She had fallen in love with me on our third 'date', if one could call it that.

Now, sitting in the hospital, it seemed I had time, and lots of it. I spent it reflecting on my life and the mistakes I had made over time. The last one was a big one of course. This was or rather, had been an issue with Tammi. She knew that I had cheated on Sharon first. She also knew that our sex life had been a part of that reason.

"Dad?"

Sam brought me back to the present.

"If you'd rather, I could come back some other time and talk to you. You look worn out."

"Nah...I'm fine. What's on your mind Sam?"

"It's about mom and you. You know that mom has been tearing herself apart over how she treated you that night...what could she have done that was so bad? You had a lot of good years together. Why throw them all away?"

I had seen this coming. I knew that Sam would push to know my reasons why I refused so forcefully to get back together with Sharon. I guess I would have to tell him exactly...though I wasn't sure how he'd feel about me or his mother afterwards. It would just keep eating at him otherwise.

"Sam...you have been a good son. I'm not sure that you need to hear what happened that night, or even why. I don't want to hurt you, or your relationship with me or your mother. Please...just let it go and accept that we are divorced."

"I can't dad. I"ve tried to accept it, tried to let it go. You and mom had so many good years together, to throw them all away over your cheating and her getting even just seems stupid."

I steeled myself for what was to come. I was tired and sore, not sure if I could stand this stress either...but I had it to do.

"Okay Sam. You asked for it. In no uncertain terms...the truth of what happened. I started working out, met a young lady who became my lover. Your mother had lost interest in sex and I guess I felt, me by osmosis. After a while I got my sanity back and realized that I was wrong to do that to your mother. So I broke it off with Gwen. Later that week I decided to tell your mom about it and try to fix things between us. Your mom had been working out too, and I was happy for her, but couldn't figure out why she wouldn't work out with me."

"I remember you going to the gym, then mom too. I thought that was great. Then it all seemed to fall apart there."

"Yeah. First with me, then...well, the night I was going to tell her was the night she decided to pull her revenge. She was all lovey dovey, and I tried to tell her, but she wouldn't give me a chance. She talked me into letting me be tied up to a chair in our room, at the foot of our bed. She teased me a bit, then sprung her surprise on me."

"Is that when she brought in that guy...Mark?"

"Yeah. I was secured quite well. I tried to get loose but I couldn't. Your mom...had sex with him...lots of times. They did things that we, your mom and I, had never done. Things that I had tried to get her to do, but she refused even getting mad at me at times. Then, when they were done after the first round, she walked up to me, climbed up on my lap and rubbed her...self all over my face. His...and her's...juices...I wanted to die. I hadn't seen it coming at all, and then to do such a thing...it was too much. Way too much."

"Oh."

I could see that he was shocked and not quite believing me, but I knew that if he asked his mother he'd get a similar enough story to realize the truth of that night. I hated telling him, but I knew that he'd never have quit until he had heard the reasons why.

"Yeah. Oh."

"I'm sorry dad. I thought that it wasn't quite so...harsh. I guess I thought that mom had slept with a guy to get even...not that she had made you watch and listen to her do it, then...to...finish up the way she did. I never knew she could be so vindictive."

"Sam, first of all, she was angry as she ever had been. I had hurt her way more than a lot. Also, that guy...Mark, he talked her into doing some of those things out of some kind of spite, and she allowed herself to get talked into doing them too. I guess what I'm saying here is, don't blame your mom too much, as I had a large part in it all too. If I had never cheated on her, she wouldn't have ever done something like that. I know that."

"What about Tammi?"

"What about her?"

"You're going to marry her?"

"That's the plan. Not sure it will be at all like your mom's and my marriage, but we love each other. She was resistant to the marriage thing at first, then I gave up. Later, she brought it back up and had changed her mind. I guess we were both a bit skeptical about the ring thing. Now we are taking it easy, and figuring out the details. The time will be when we are sure we are quite ready to do that deed."

"She's so much younger than you dad. Hell, she's about my age."

"She is your age. Same age as you. It does seem a bit...weird at times. But I'm sure she loves me just as I love her. Not sure how it will all end up, especially since I never thought I'd ever be in the situation I'm in to begin with. I lost a lot of faith in marriage and wives, women in general. I think for a while I had even lost faith in myself too."

"What about mom?"

"Well, she'd listen to you kids, so if you were smart, you'd get her to start dating someone. Anyone. As long as he is a decent guy. She needs a man in her life."

"And...you're not him?"

"No. Sorry Sam, but I"m not him. I may have been at one time, but not now."

"I had to try dad. It just doesn't seem right somehow."

"I know Sam. A lot of things in life don't turn out like we would like them to either. It's a part of life."

Sharon continues...

I left the hospital that day knowing that Jim was right. We would never be an item again. I made up my mind to move on and either find someone else or prepare to live as a single woman. Judy stayed close to me over the next few months, and Sam seemed a bit distant at times, but he too checked up on me.

What I didn't know was that Jim had finally told Sam what I had done to him that night. Not that it would have mattered in the long run. I was asked out by a guy one day while at work. He had come in on business, and finding out that I was available, he asked me out to dinner. I accepted.

The date didn't go real well, but I had to admit that part of that reason was my fault. I guess I choked a bit being with a man I hardly knew. He did ask me out again though. Suddenly I had all kinds of suitors, and my social life got very busy.

I never went very far with any of my dates, no more than a kiss or sometimes, if I really liked them, I'd allow a grope or two. I was still holding back too much. Then, one night on a date with 'Dave', somehow I got so turned on.

He had been a perfect gentleman all night long, and since it was our fourth date I figured he would have tried something by now. Yet, he still acted the perfect gentleman. I initiated the first kiss, and suddenly we were hugging, groping and then flat out necking in his car. I felt like a school girl on a first date for a bit. Until that kiss that is.

curious2c
curious2c
2,518 Followers