Justin Thyme Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mom and Donna came out of the library with big smiles on their faces. I knew the look in Mom's eyes said she had negotiated the price down quite a bit. I know Donna wanted a higher price, but she was very happy to have this property, that was going to be difficult to sell otherwise, off of the books. Mom had the contract in hand, and Dad, Rosemary, and I signed it. Grandpa was with them, and had made arrangements with Donna for the financial side of things. All that remained to be done was the closing, which was set up for the following Thursday. That was extremely fast, but with a cash deal a lot of red tape was cut out. I learned something from this. Always deal in cash when possible! It certainly simplified things, and negotiating was a lot easier!

Grandma, who owned an interior decorating company until five years ago had started sketching some ideas for the first floor, and based on our descriptions of the 2nd and 3rd floors was jotting notes for those areas as well. Honestly, I think the purchase of this property was giving her a whole new lease on life as well. She has been enjoying her retirement, but over the last several months has grown restless, needing a purpose in life. This gave her one, at least in the short term. She was keeping things simple, and inexpensive, but making them pretty, which would attract the sort of tenants we wanted for the residence. Rosemary, and a little later Mom, was involved in this with her.

Dad, Grandpa and I sat down on the stairs and discussed some of the changes that needed to be made, and some of the financial requirements. Dad was a little concerned about Grandpa putting all his eggs in one basket with the property, but Grandpa waved them off. "Student housing is something that will always be needed. I've been reading on this for the last month, since we heard you were considering this for the kids, and I think you've struck a gold mine. We are buying the property right, far below actual value, so I'm not at risk there. If we decide it isn't working for us, there are companies who specialize in this very thing, so we can get out at any time. We will have a going concern, with an excellent, desirable, property so I don't see any reason for concern. I wouldn't do this elsewhere, but I have a vested interest in the success of this project whether I invest or not. It just makes sense to Grandma and me right now. If it all fell apart it would hurt, but it wouldn't destroy us."

The numbers Dad and Grandpa were tossing around for doing the renovations were staggering to me, so I just sat and listened. Electronics I know, but the other areas of discussion were like a foreign language to me. I could do a lot of the work, and had somewhat here and there, but when it came to planning and knowing pricing I was over my head. That's one thing I really appreciate about my Grandpa, though. He didn't just throw stuff around and leave me in the dark, but took the time to help me understand. "Justin, let this be a lesson to you. Anytime you get involved in any type of financial dealings don't go into it solely on the advice of someone else. If you don't understand, don't do it! That's one of the big issues I've had with my broker lately. He wants me to get into areas I don't understand, strictly on his advice. That is dangerous! I'm not saying he is trying to cheat me. I really don't believe he is. He has always been honest with me in the past, but there is just too much of an area of temptation that I won't put in front of anyone."

It was a quiet ride home, after we stopped for dinner. Grandpa and Grandma dozed in the middle seats, which left any conversation low voiced and confined to front and back. That suited Rosemary and me very well. We sat snuggled against each other and held hands the whole way home. Rosemary was almost giddy with excitement, while I was thrilled with the possibilities I was also concerned with some of the responsibilities I would be shouldering. Rosemary leaned in and gave me a gentle peck on the cheek. It was not sexual in nature, but simply an expression of her love that I fully understood, and I squeezed her hand in return. Nothing more was needed.

Fifteen minutes from Grandpa's house everything changed. Rosemary received a frantic call from Stephanie on her cell phone. "Hey, there Steph! The place is beautiful! Just wait until you see it!"

"Later, Rosemary. You've got to come quickly. We were in a terrible accident, and Susie may not live!"

"No! What happened?" That woke Grandpa, who turned around to see what was happening.

"We were at the mall to see a movie. We were driving home when a drunk driver blew a light and hit us right on Susie's door. They airlifted her to the hospital, and it looks bad. I'm OK, just banged up pretty badly, but they are releasing me. Can you come down here? I don't want to be alone, and my family isn't around."

"We'll be there as soon as we can make it. Hang on." Rosemary hanged up the call and turned and buried her face in my shoulder. Instinctively I put an arm around her and held her tight. I had heard the conversation, so I didn't need to ask questions.

I saw Dad looking back at us in the mirror, so I told him what was going on. He just nodded and made a quick left turn at the next intersection and drove quickly. He turned to look into the middle seat and said, "Dad, you don't mind if I drop the kids off at the hospital before I take you home, do you?"

"By all means, no! Let's see what is going on there, first. I know Susie, and I want to see what's happening, too."

I'm not saying Dad sped, or anything, but we made excellent time to the hospital, and all of us hurried into the Emergency entrance. Of course, since we were not family they wouldn't let us in to see Steph, but promised to let her know we were there. A few minutes later, a nurse came back to where we were sitting and asked Rosemary and me to follow her. "She asked that you be allowed to come back to her room. This is unusual, but since her family is not available I will allow it. She is concerned about needing a ride home in just a few minutes." Grandpa pulled a business card from his wallet and handed it to me as we started to follow the nurse.

"Justin, she probably won't need this, but just in case, give it to her." I took the card and hurried off after the nurse.

When we got back to the cubical Steph where was being treated many tears were shed between the two girls. Steph kept saying it was her fault that Susie was hurt, but obviously it was not. A young police officer arrived shortly after we did, and had some paperwork that he wanted to finish. I didn't think Steph was in any condition to be talking with him at the moment, especially since she was talking about it being her fault. She was not talking legal fault, but I knew how such a thing could be twisted out of context by prosecutors and lawyers. Even though I had not given Grandpa's card to Steph yet I just interrupted the officer and extended the card to him. "Sir, I understand you need to finish up your report, but Stephanie is in no condition to do so at this time. Here is her attorney's card. He's in the waiting room if you would care to speak with him now."

"Wow. You ambulance chasers don't waste time, do you?"

"Sir, with all respect, I find that remark to be outside the bounds of professional conduct as well as quite offensive! My grandfather is not now, nor has he ever been an 'ambulance chaser' as you called him. Stephanie is our friend, and called us as we were returning from Scottsdale, asking us to come. Grandpa was with us, and offered his services as a friend, pro bono, because he knew how some of you can be. He is retired, but still a member in good standing of the bar, and he will be representing Steph, unless she chooses otherwise."

"I'm sorry. I misunderstood, and my comment was totally uncalled for. I apologize. I deal with lawyers all the time who hear accident reports on the scanner, and often reach the hospital before we do, trying to score clients. That does not excuse my conduct, though."

"I understand, and I assure you he would share your sentiments. I'm just a bit protective of his reputation I guess. No offense and your apology is accepted. Would you care to speak with him? I really don't think Steph is in any condition to deal with this at the moment."

"Thank you. I believe I will. At least I can get his contact info and things. It is a lot easier if I can complete things right away, but it usually doesn't happen." He noted Grandpa's name and info then said, "I'll just speak to him for a moment and then leave things in his hands." He handed Steph the police report she had to fill out, along with his report, and left.

"Thanks, Justin. That's why I wanted you to come back here. Besides not wanting to be alone, that is. I knew you would take care of me."

A young Dr. bustled into the room at that moment, looked at us warily, but Stephanie assured him it was OK to speak in front of us. "All right, young lady. We are going to let you go home now if you have anyone to care for you at home. Do you?"

Tears welled up in Steph's eyes. "My mom and her boyfriend went out of town for the weekend. I can't even reach them on her cellphone."

Rosemary spoke up quickly. "It's OK, Dr. Steph will be coming home with us. We'll care for her until her mother gets home at least."

"All right. I'm giving you some prescriptions for pain and to help you sleep. I want you to take them as prescribed. Please don't abuse them. They aren't for fun, but you will need the help to rest. Please follow up with your physician on Monday." He handed the scripts to her, and she promptly gave them to Rosemary.

"Please, Dr. I have to know how Susie is doing?"

"Susie?"

"Yes, the other girl who was hurt in the wreck. They airlifted her here, and I have to know how she is." Tears were rolling down her cheeks. "She and Rosemary are my best friends, and I don't know what I will do if she dies."

"She is in surgery right now. She's badly hurt, but I don't believe she is in danger of dying. I really can't say more than that at the moment, because I don't know any more."

"Thank you." He bustled back out of the room, obviously quite busy, and a nurse brought in some release forms for Steph to sign, along with a bag of her clothes, which were not wearable due to blood stains all over them. She also had a robe for Steph to wear.

"I'll have to ask you to leave, Sir, for just a moment so we can get Stephanie decent to go out. I know this isn't very pretty, hun, but it is all I have available, unless one of you brought her a change of clothes?"

Rosemary just shook her head, "Sorry, but we were just coming into town when Steph called. We just hurried over here, and I didn't even think about bringing her something to wear."

"Not a problem. Just return the robe in the next couple of days, and be sure they mark it down so you aren't billed for it. I hope you heal up quickly. You aren't badly hurt, and you are lucky. You could have been like a young lady we had airlifted in here earlier!"

"I know. Susie was with me."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said that!" Her face flamed with embarrassment. "She is going to be OK. But it was really touch and go for a little bit. I just saw her a minute ago when they brought her out of surgery."

"Oh! Can we see her?"

"I'm sorry, but that is not possible. She is in recovery now, and wouldn't know you are here. From there she will be going to ICU until at least Monday. Maybe then, but call first."

Stephanie was crestfallen, but nodded. "Thanks." I stepped into the hall, and waited just a moment until a CNA arrived with a wheelchair. We made our way to the waiting area, where our very concerned parents and grandparents sat talking quietly.

When Rosemary explained the situation to them Dad quickly jumped up and went out to get the SUV. He pulled up to the door and carefully helped Stephanie into the front seat while Mom got into the middle with Grandpa and Grandma and Rosemary and I crawled into the back. Grandpa leaned forward and talked with Steph for a few minutes, then said, "My offer to represent you stands. I'm retired, but I'm still a member of the bar. I don't want a cent from you, but I know you will be swarmed with 'ambulance chasers' before you have a chance to turn around. I'll bet there are messages on your answering machine at home now, and you'll be getting all kinds of mail advertising their services. Some of them are good, but some are jackleg lawyers who are merely scum in striped pants. I never practiced personal injury law, but I have had to deal with a number of them who will take on any case hoping to get a settlement rather than go to court, just so they get their cut of the money. I always thought that was distasteful. However, I also think drunk driving is distasteful, and I'll be happy to do all I can to help you deal with whoever it was that hit you."

"Thank you, sir. It is Susie I'm really worried about. Her parents just left on a cruise, and they won't be back for ten days. Can you do anything for her?"

"I planned to make her the same offer when I can. With her parents out of the country she is going to need help. She is eighteen isn't she?"

"Yes sir."

"Well that makes it a little easier all the way around. Her parents need to be notified, and possibly they can appoint me to represent them and her until she is able to make her own choices. I don't want someone to slip in there while she is not fully cogent and get her to sign something to represent her. It has happened before, more than once! Again, understand, I don't want a nickel out of this. You are my granddaughter's friends. That is all I want or need."

We dropped Grandpa and Grandma off at their house and made our way home. One thing I really love about Mom and Dad is the way they reach out to others who have needs, and are not the least bit selfish about what they have. There was never a question Stephanie would come to our house at least until her mom got home. Rosemary had known this; of course, when she said Steph would be cared for by us. Mom's only question was whether she would prefer a guest room, or if she would prefer to share Rosemary's king-size bed.

Dad backed the Denali into the garage, rather than drive it in, so that Steph's door would be by the door into the house, and she wouldn't have to walk around the car to get into the house. By now, soreness had really set in, and muscles were stiff. I took one arm, and Rosemary took the other, and we got her into the house. Mom had her sit down at the kitchen table and fixed her a cup of hot tea to go with a little snack she prepared. Steph's meds really needed to be taken with food, and she and Susie had not eaten dinner yet before the accident. I know she was famished, but it was obvious she was quite uncomfortable.

As soon as she had eaten a little, and drank the tea with her meds Rosemary started to help her to her room. It was immediately obvious, though that the stairs would be impossible for her tonight. She was just too sore and stiff to climb them. Mom suggested she possibly use the couch, but Rosemary suggested I carry her instead. Steph thought for a moment and then thanked Mom and said if I didn't mind, she thought she would be better in the bed.

I know that being carried up the stairs by me wasn't the most comfortable thing Steph ever experienced, but I think being held in my arms more than made up for it in her mind. She wrapped her arms around my neck and managed to press at least one of her breasts against me the whole time I carried her. It was immediately obvious to me her bra had been removed along with her clothes at the hospital. She is such a little thing carrying her up the stairs was no great hardship, and holding her like this was more than enough compensation. Rosemary gave me a knowing smile and a little bit of a wink when she knew no one else was watching.

I got to the top of the stairs, and started to set Stephie down, but Rosemary piped up and said, "Go ahead and carry her down to my room. Don't make her walk it." I didn't mind, especially when Steph slid around a little in my arms so she could get both boobs against me at once. Hospital robes are made to protect one's privacy, but only the bare minimum is done with them, and the way she shifted caused it to gap open so that I was looking down into her robe and saw her left nipple poking out from the end of her breast. Quickly, I averted my eyes, but the picture in my mind was going to stay there for quite a long time!

I think Rosemary has the perfect body, in my estimation, but that doesn't mean I don't like to look at others, too! I had certainly enjoyed seeing Stephie through the eyes of Mr. Koala, but that didn't compare to the real thing right there in my arms. I almost stumbled, but caught myself in time. Steph's arms tightened around my neck, pulling her breasts tightly against my chest again. I had allowed myself to be distracted and nearly fell.

I nearly lost it again when Stephie snuggled her face into my neck and gave me a little kiss. "Thank you, Justin. I know I can always count on you when I need you." Again, another hug, and the feeling of her breasts smashed against my chest. My cock had been growing somewhat from just holding her, but when I saw her nipple, and then the way she kept rubbing her boobs against me and I couldn't help it. The last thing she needed right now was to have me perving on her, I thought, but she had other ideas. In her mind this was the best time to get me paying attention to her, and she was doing all she could to get my attention. The problem is: she had it!

Rosemary, the little minx, hadn't missed a bit of what was going on, and I know it was tearing her up to see it, but she was determined to encourage things between Stephie and me. She had told me she hoped I would fall for either of the two friends, knowing they would want her to be part of our lives. I saw her look at the bulge in my shorts and smirk at me. She went ahead of us into her room to turn down the bed, and dallied a bit, leaving Steph in my arms just that little bit longer. Stephanie leaned back a bit to see what she was doing, and again her robe opened, exposing her whole left boob to my gaze. Yes, I looked, and Rosemary smirked at me again.

She got the duvet pulled back and opened up the sheets for me to lay Stephie down, when of course the robe was opened up before my gaze. Steph glanced down as I set her down and saw the way it was gaping open, but instead of being upset and freaking out, looked up at me as she slowly closed it. "Oops. That wasn't supposed to happen!" She smiled up at me. "I know my tits don't match up to Rosemary's, but I hope you liked it."

What was I supposed to say to that? It seemed to me I couldn't say the right thing no matter how I tried. I certainly wasn't going to compare hers to Rosemary's, but how to say I liked it without being offensive, and I certainly couldn't say I didn't see it. It was right in front of my face! My face was beet red with embarrassment, although she didn't seem all that fazed by it. Maybe the pain killers were working on her more than I thought. "Stephie, I didn't mean to look at it, but it is beautiful. You have nothing to be ashamed of there."

"Thank you, Justin." She reached up and pulled my head down and gave me a little peck on the lips. "Thank you, too for carrying me up the stairs." She giggled, and said, "I know you liked it. Your truth meter is showing." She and Rosemary both laughed at me as I beat a hasty retreat for my room.

I quickly turned on the monitor as soon as I got into my room and the door securely closed. I had an idea things would get interesting in a hurry, but I had no idea how interesting! Steph was sitting on the edge of the bed getting ready to put on a tee-shirt Rosemary tossed over to her. "I must be loopy from these meds. I can't believe I let Justin look at my tit and didn't even get upset or try to hide it! I really don't mind it with Justin, though. He's a really nice guy. Nothing like the jerk my mom is going out with! I really don't see what she likes about him. He's not like Justin at all! He keeps trying to peek in on me and tries to cop a feel whenever he thinks he can get away with it. If I had a place to go I'd leave home! You don't know how lucky you are to have your parents!"