Keep Them Burning Ch. 3-5

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gaheris could see it coming, hear it in the tone of the man's voice, before he had time to reach for his weapon Gaheris slammed him against the wall, his rage apparent and boneblades pressed once more to Telemachus' throat.

"My motives are to protect the known worlds against the Magog threat." He found himself almost shouting it.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Telemachus spat back with no small amount of anger in his voice as Gaheris' boneblades dug deeper, marking his skin once more nearly to the point of drawing blood. Gaheris stepped back half a pace, lowering his blades from Telemachus before moving his arm around, swinging a fist quickly to Telemachus' jaw before the other man had the chance to move. Turning, Gaheris started away, his head hung a little as he tried to reign in his anger – now wasn't the time and place, not now that the opportunity had so nicely prevented itself to end all this to his benefit, thanks to Rakel's hard work.

Telemachus rubbed his jaw, smiling appreciatively once more at the man who seemed to have become his greatest enemy on so many levels in such a short measure of time.

"You are going to set me up then. Get back what it was you destroyed." Telemachus taunted, it wouldn't just give Gaheris the world he wanted but he anticipated that somewhere deep inside it would help vanquish some of those personal demons – going some way to rectify the mistakes of his past by imprinting them onto someone else. In some ways Telemachus was actually flattered.

Gaheris turned back to Telemachus as the Admiral straightened himself up. He knew he would get a great sense of satisfaction in seeing Telemachus Rhade incarcerated. He set his jaw and looked the man in those eyes that were almost the mirror reflection of his own.

"We shall see." He growled as he left Telemachus standing, stalking off through the corridors in the direction of the Eureka Maru, he would deal with Telemachus in the morning.

5) Beka's decision

Even through the grease and grime Gaheris easily picked up Beka's scent through the corridors and onto the Maru. As decisions waited to be made and nothing was being done the rest of the crew seemed to have entered some sort of limbo, waiting on his next move – Beka's response had been to retire to her ship.

"Beka..." Gaheris said softly as he approached her bunk.

"I'm not asleep." She said, continuing to lay still, her eyes closed. "Are we leaving?" She presumed it was only a matter of time before Gaheris sorted the situation, if he hadn't already. She raised an eyebrow, still not opening her eyes when no answer was forthcoming. "Where's the Admiral?" Deep down part of her was expecting him to say the man was dead – at least that would be a resolution, though not the one she would hope for.

Gaheris actually smiled; there was something about her that was so predictably sweet.

"We're not leaving just yet... and Admiral Rhade is alive and well and being made comfortable by Andromeda until I decide what to do." Beka finally opened her eyes, rolling onto her side to look at Gaheris.

"What to do? What are the choices... what's going on Gaheris?" She was a little unsure about what decisions were left. "He was behind the fake Magog, his troops are in the streets, what else is there to think about? Surely someone should arrest him at some point before this becomes civil war... if that happens we all lose."

Everything she said was completely valid even if she didn't have the newer facts. Instead of replying he climbed onto the bunk, holding his weight above her.

"We can talk about it later." He told her quietly. For a moment he lay there, balancing his weight as he rested his head onto her shoulder. Beka instinctively pulled her arms around him with a slight frown, wanting to help in any way she could. She wanted to say something of comfort but couldn't find any words that wouldn't sound like her telling him that something had to be done, he was the captain and though he didn't always do things the way she would, she had agreed to be part of the crew. Before she could think anymore she smiled, feeling his lips softly pressing to her neck.

"I just want to take my mind off things for a while..." He really did, he was trying to solve this, and in his mind it kept coming back to the same thing, Rhade was being set up and if he let Rakel get away with it he would get everything he wanted and more. He rolled off her onto his side and looked at her, her head turned slightly towards the light making her features glow. He leaned over and gently kissed her cheek, feeling her smile widen as he ran a hand softly down her stomach snaking it across her waist and pulling her to him. He pressed his lips closer into her neck – nuzzling into her. He lay there, nestled into Beka, wanting the distraction, needing her – as always.

"Gaheris..." She started but still had nothing really to say, she lay against him with her head on his chest. She looked upwards a little to see that his eyes had closed, though his breathing remained the same. She stroked her fingers back and forth across his chest. "Remember the first time..." she smiled. "I came to find you, to shout at you – as always..." She chuckled again. "And when I opened the door, there you were all wet fresh from a shower... A sticky towel on the floor..." Her grin was unstoppable now as she remembered with no small amount of humour.

"Mmm..." Rhade murmured, growing a smile of his own at the memory. "Your voice at the door pushed me over the edge." At the memory he let out a soft groan and ran his hand down Beka's back, over the curve of her buttocks, pulling her tight to him. He still hadn't quite worked out how she had this hold over him, but there was something about her that before meeting her he would never have believed he could want a human woman. He took a deep breath in through his nose, taking in her scent as he moved his other hand around and pulled her up onto him, holding her close into his chest.

"Anywhere you go I will find you." He spoke the words softly aloud that he had been thinking when he breathed in the aroma of Beka Valentine, his Beka Valentine.

Beka's breathing was becoming slowly deeper, his hands on her, pulling her to him, his words. Even if she was unsure, even intimidated by the sentiment on occasion, he had a way of saying things that made her want him, to know that he wanted her so much. She slid her hand down the small space between them, running her fingers over the fastenings of his trousers, feeling the swelling bulge below. Gaheris moaned softly, picturing in his head what Beka was doing, but lacking the energy to do anything. He lay there, a strange mix between relaxed with all the tension beginning to flood away, and tense as Beka's attentions caused involuntary muscle flinches. Beka moved off Gaheris, sliding beside him, her lips finding his neck as she continued to massage his hardening cock.

The trousers of his uniform were now becoming impossibly tight as he ached for Beka to touch him. Almost as if she were reading his mind Beka finally began to undo the fastenings, slipping her hand beneath the material and wrapping her fingers around his now swollen length. Gaheris moaned, throwing his head back and almost involuntarily Gaheris moved a hand down to tug at his trousers, trying to give her more room. Beka smiled, running her thumb over the head of his cock as his hand reached for hers and rested over her grip on him. Beka's slow strokes gradually increased as she pushed herself up against Gaheris, watching his face as his features contorted with ecstasy as she brought him near the edge. Pumping him faster she moved her lips back to his neck once more, finding the few sweet spots there and imagining that continued look on his face as gargled moans issued from the back of his throat. His hand moved back off hers to the bunk, gripping it hard as he felt the heat burning through him and the imminent release. Letting out a long growl as he climaxed, shooting his load hard and fast into his trousers. Beka smiled, pulling her hand back up onto his chest as she moved over him a little, looking down at him. Still panting he smiled back as her hair fell around him like a curtain, framing her perfect face. Again it felt like she was reading his mind as she leaned in to kiss him, softly at first as he pulled his arms back up around her, but then harder and much more passionate.

"Feeling any better?" she asked, pulling back and smiling down at Gaheris. She had never seen him like this before, he had never been too exhausted for fooling around. She was only just beginning to realise quite how deeply this was all effecting him, that he didn't even try to stop her, to please her first as he normally did, not that she minded at all – the look on his face had been enough for her. Gaheris smiled, he couldn't help admit to himself that her actions had been satisfying, stress-relieving even and that was exactly what he needed right now. Looking up into her smile just made him realise more how much he wanted her, needed her really, and though he knew she cared he sometimes wondered if it was enough.

"Will you always be around..." as usual it wasn't a question but again something he didn't realise he had said out loud and as soon as he did he smiled, trying to grin it off as not serious, though his tone had been obviously sober. "I don't think I could stand to lose that sort of stress relief." His grin spread as he pulled her closer to him again, trapping her on his chest. Beka's smile faltered slightly at his words but she covered it by leaning in for another kiss. She wasn't stupid, she knew how he felt, it was increasingly obvious that he was becoming reliant on her being around as a lover just as much as a first officer. She wasn't totally sure how she felt about it, part of her cared about him deeply, but what they were doing – the Commonwealth, it wasn't going how she had thought and it was increasingly becoming something she felt she hadn't signed up for. In fact she wasn't sure how much longer she would be able to avoid thinking about that, especially as part of her knew that if she really did think about it too long she might not be able to stop herself leaving. Rev seemed to be the only other person that understood what she felt, the little she had dared tell him, and as for Gaheris... she wanted to enjoy the now and put off the future for another day.

Gaheris was happy enough to respond to Beka's kisses, moving his hands up into her hair breathing her in as hungrily as he kissed her back, his tongue seeking hers, almost frantically in contrast with the slow fingers he was playing along the back of her neck. Beka moaned into the kiss, the moan turning into a giggle as Gaheris rolled them on the small bunk, ending up squashed slightly against the wall. Gaheris let out a low laugh as well, before sliding his hands down to her breasts, squeezing them together as he ran his thumbs over her nipples. He wanted to tell her how he felt, that as every day passed he was less able to live without her, but he knew she wasn't ready to hear it. He didn't know whether she would ever want to hear it, but he knew that the closer they had become over the last few months strangely the more distant she seemed.

Pushing the thoughts away he moved his lips down to her neck, nipping his way down to her collarbone, moving his hands up from her breasts to rip at her vest, splitting the material to reveal the soft rounded flesh below waiting for his touch. Beka drew a small breath as the cold air hit her already erect nipples and Gaheris began to head down to unfasten her trousers and pulling them roughly down along with her underwear. Beka grabbed his shoulders, pulling him back up towards her, claiming his lips once more as she began to unbutton his tunic, pushing it back over his shoulders as she returned the nipping kisses. As Gaheris continued to shrug out of the tunic, Beka pushed his already unfastened trousers further down, his cock already hard once more. Frantic and passionate, like it had been the first few times, when they had needed each other, wanted each other – when it was still sex rather than making love.

Beka gasped a little as he pushed inside her, her fingers tightening on his arms as she shifted beneath him, struggling the last little way out of her trousers and lifting her legs up around him. Gaheris groaned, remembering the numerous times he had spent before and after they had gotten together imagining those perfect legs wrapped around him, him nestled sweetly between her thighs. Despite their frantic pawing the moment upon them was there to be savoured, he knew just looking down into her eyes. He breathlessly kissed her, slowly – mirroring his motions as he gradually drew himself into her, deeper with every gentle but firm thrust. As their tongues slowly caressed each other's their hands roamed across each others bodies, exploring as if they were feeling each other for the first time. As he began to pick up the pace a little, Beka moved her legs further up, wanting him, all of him, deep within her as her own hands found a purchase on his muscular back, pulling him closer.

As he continued to thrust deeper and harder, no longer able to keep his lips to Beka's, Gaheris groaned. The feeling of the friction, almost as if he were being pulled deeper into her was becoming almost unbearable as his breath was drew out in deep pants and moans. Beka's own breathing was also laborious as Gaheris' movements, back and forth brought her nearer to her own climax, her mouth barely able to make the occasionally attempts at this throat, licking and nipping lightly. As their hoarse breaths became more erratic Gaheris extended his arms, his bone blades standing totally erect. If she could have spoken at that moment Beka would have cried out his name or praised the gods, only vaguely recalling now that time when she called his name through the door. Everything else began to recede and there was nothing else in the room, object or sensation, only the friction between them as their bodies moved together, pulsing and tingling. With a last few laboured thrusts they climaxed together, their glistening bodies collapsing into each other.

Gaheris used his last ounce of strength to roll his weight off Beka and collapse on the bunk next to her, the skin around his boneblades still tingling as he tried to get his breath back. With some effort Beka propped herself up, taking a moment to look down into Gaheris face, before she nestled her head into his broad chest.

"Feeling better now?" She asked with no hint of humour as she trailed her fingers across his torso before letting her arm rest there, holding him. Gaheris replied with a soft groan.

"I should get back to work..." He told her. Beka squeezed him a little tighter.

"So... before you do, will you tell me what's going on."

Gaheris cleared his throat and rolled onto his side a little. "It's Rakel, it was her all along, she set him up." No matter what his feelings had been earlier, he now found himself lacking even the energy to sound annoyed about the situation, much less be annoyed.

"What? Rakel?..." Beka shook her head slightly, not really disbelieve but exasperation, as if their trip to Terazed could get even more ridiculous. "So... where is she now? Under guard?"

"Not yet..." Gaheris' tone was heavy and he reached a hand up to rub his face. "It isn't that easy Beka... maybe she has done us a favour..."

Beka shot upright and looked down at Gaheris. "You can't be serious... you can't be suggesting that we let Rhade take the blame!" Gaheris no longer had the energy to try and protest, instead his tone was calm.

"If he does then we get what we came here for."

Beka frowned, but his eyes were still closed. She wished he were shouting, that they could have an argument and she could tell him what an asshole he was being, but he just lay there.

"You're going to aren't you?" She wouldn't pretend to totally understand his problem with Telemachus Rhade, but this seemed like a step too far. How very Nietzschean. She had never imagined he was anything else, but some how somewhere along the line she had forgotten quite how selfish they could be, even with Tyr around reminder her well enough, she had somehow lost sight of that truth.

Gaheris opened his eyes and looked up at her, they said it all. He had thought he would spend a long time thinking about it, wrestling with himself over what would be the right thing to do and whether it was outweighed by the long term benefits, but then he realised, he had made up his mind before his conversation with Rhade had ended. Part of him even believed that he would have come to the same decision even if it had been some other man than Rhade, the Commonwealth and Terazed's contribution to it were too great to be thrown away. He looked away from Beka and closed his eyes again, he didn't expect her to accept or like what he was going to do but they were there for the Commonwealth and that was all that mattered at this point. He was surprised when she lay her head back on his chest and nestled back into him. He smiled sleepily and brought a hand up to lace his fingers through her hair, happy to lay there just a little longer and enjoy being with Beka.

***

It took Beka ten minutes to find Admiral Rhade, and was surprised to find herself still slightly freaked by his similarity to Gaheris, wondering briefly exactly how much more freaked by it Gaheris was.

"Admiral, Captain Rhade has asked me to accompany you to see the Triumvir and place her under arrest." She informed him. As Telemachus raised an eyebrow Beka faltered for a second, the gesture was so like Gaheris that she had to remind herself that he was still on the Maru, and wouldn't be leaving there for some time. Cocking his head a little Telemachus smiled.

"I have to say, I am surprised – I didn't expect the captain to take this course of action."

"Yeah, well, it's amazing what a good think can do." She smiled back, trying to look confident but sure it was coming across as anxious as she felt. Telemachus nodded a little.

"Gaheris didn't send you did he?" He asked but didn't look as though he expected an answer. Beka pursed her lips a little and sighed.

"Gaheris wants you to take the fall."

"And you don't?" Telemachus was a little confused, he hadn't even met this woman and she was willing to help him out. "Why would you do that for me?"

"Not just for you... I mean, no one should take someone else's blame. Besides, I'm doing it for Gaheris..." She added the last bit quietly. She knew he wouldn't realise it now but he would regret framing Telemachus Rhade she was damn sure of that. Telemachus gave a curt nod, he understood. He drew his forcelance and gestured for Beka to lead the way to the Triumvir.

***

As they approached the hangar bay Beka nervously played with her holster strap, getting ready to pull out her weapon, but still feeling weird about the way she left Gaheris. They had lain there a little longer until finally he had fallen asleep and she snuck off, securing the Maru's doors before heading to find the Admiral, it would all be over before he even knew what was going on. She gritted her teeth a little at the betrayal she was enacting, but even if Gaheris could live with himself if he handed over Telemachus, she couldn't live with him.

Telemachus could sense Beka's anxiety with or without the distracting fidgeting.

"You are nervous." He commented, looking over at her as they walked to see her nod. He knew she wasn't nervous about the Triumvir, it was obvious Beka Valentine had been in her fair share of scrapes, instead the scent of Gaheris Rhade rising off her like perfume was enough to let him know why. He was still looking at her when they turned the corner and she jumped a little. He looked ahead of them and frowned. Gaheris stood blocking the way through to the hangars, shaking his head.