Keyanna and Kevin Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kyros taught Myra about all of the secrets of the vampires that were in existence. He told her of the gifts that were endowed by the fates to many of their brethren. There were Primordial's and elders who due to their advanced age could walk and live a normal life in the daytime. There were also those who were gifted as he called them. The gifted were born with unique powers. Some were telepaths, empaths, daywalkers, shape shifters, seers, and healers. Some could teleport and move objects by telekinesis and of the rarest breed born those with power to recall souls back into the bodies of the departed.

Kyros enjoyed Myra's wide eyed fascination with learning of the world she didn't know existed until she met Kyros. Myra trained hard and became a strong, skillful and formidable opponent in battle. She also became a professor. Once Myra was changed she inherited the abilities of her mate as well as awakening a few of her own. She found she could read the minds of vampires and dreamspeak. Myra's talents were extremely rare as vampire minds are usually impervious to mind readers and being able to appear and interact in their dreams was even rarer. Kyros was a born daywalker and being the son of a Primordial he also had the abilities of his father which were telepathy long distance teleportation; which meant from the day he was born he was able to withstand sunlight and be unaffected by it. He could also teleport himself from city to city, state to state and country to country. His gifts also made him capable of being able to feed less often than those who weren't day walkers and he could eat human food where some couldn't. Myra was grateful she could still eat human food because she was an excellent cook.

During the two hundred years of their mating the fates were kind to Myra and she birthed five children for Kyros, three boys and two lovely girls. Kylan was the oldest boy, followed by Kyle, then Kelli, Kristi and Kevin was the last. As the centuries came and went so did the world around them. Since the children were born with the same gifts as their parents they attended human schools and chose human careers that they felt would be useful to their kind and beneficial to the coven and their father the King.

Kylan graduated and entered the armed forces, and was a Marine Corp General. He was responsible for training the guard, and security protocol for the estate, and the surrounding community. Kyle became a doctor. He was also a born healer so his choice of medicine suited him. He ran the estates medical and research center. Kelli became real estate and property developer. She was instrumental in find great locations for vampires who were industrious of enough to start businesses. She also located obscure properties to be used as hideouts if the coven ever needed to disperse. Kristi became an architect. She was currently running the largest architectural firm in the US. She and her sister worked closely and a lot of projects. She had also helped her mom renovate and redesign the estate. Kevin was a late addition and still just a baby when Kristi completed college.

Around Kevin's third birthday a strange infection began to spread throughout the region under Kyros's rule. The infection only seemed to affect true born vampires not those that had human ancestry. In its beginning stages it caused abdominal pain, fever and chills. Around day four uncontrollable blood lust and delirium. In its final stages it would cause the vampires brain to swell rupturing the vessels and distending the skull until fractured, and raising the heart rate until cardiac arrest occurred or the vampire bled to death from the brain hemorrhage. At first it was one or two with complaints of stomach pains, fever and a headache. Then the numbers grew by leaps and bounds. Reports began to pour in from all over their territory of the masses that were infected with this rogue disease.

Kyros and Myra were perplexed. Only the vampires under Kyros rule were being infected. The covens in the North east, and south east were unaffected. This was an attempt to eradicate them but who would concoct such a thing and release it upon their own kind. More than that how was it being spreading so quickly?

When Kyle started seeing cases at the estates medical center he knew this had to be the work of Edwin Raynes. Edwin Raynes was one of those members who felt Kyros had become soft, weak, spineless and and too relaxed to be king. He held the opinion that Vampires were a superior race and should be ruling not just the western hemisphere but whole world and not just merely existing in it. He didn't just dislike humans he hated them. They were ugly, stupid, inferior and they smelled horrid. Edwin felt was of the opinion that they should be servants cowering before them in fear begging for their worthless lives as opposed to being allowed to mate and members of a vampire society.

Edwin had developed a hatred for Kyros, and the coven. Kyros was inadequate, and delusional with his ideas of integration and industry within human society. Kyros in his opinion was leading them down a path of destruction. They were livestock being led to slaughter by Kyros and that filthy human bitch he called queen. The coven and estate residents were considered mindless drones who would do anything their beloved King said including fraternizing with those disgusting humans. Edwin believed that vampires should not be living in peace, mating and fucking their food. Vampires were at the head of the food chain all else was dispensable. He intended to make that his first change when he took over. Humans would be harvested for their blood and when they were drained he would kill them and feed them to his pet werewolves another race he detested. Edwin was set to put his plan in motion over two hundred years ago but Kyros found his mate and she was a fucking human! "They will all die" Edwin said to himself the day Kyros announced that he found his mate. He was full of rage and wrinkling his nose, at the foul odor of her as she and Kyros stood holding hands after the announcement. "They are food dammit not mates" he murmured angrily under his breath before vanishing from the Grand Hall where the announcement was made.

Edwin had become a doctor and he specialized in genetics and epidemiology. He knew he wasn't strong enough to challenge Kyros for the throne. He also knew the scepter of royalty would always remain with his bloodline so a physical challenge would be grounds for immediate death. Such a challenge would be seen as treason. He decided to go a different route to rid himself of the King and that creature he called a queen. He developed a virus that could be introduced to a vampire through tainted blood. That worked on the average but Kyros was a day walker and didn't need blood as often as those who were not born with that gift. Plus he could obtain nourishment and strength through human food as could his precious queen and the hybrid abominations born from her. Plus the infection didn't work on humans turned vampire or vampires with human ancestry. If he wanted to get to them he had to develop a strain that could be ingested in human food, would not die during the cooking process and yield the same result as the original infection he created. "Yes that is what I will do and Kyle would be my test subject". Kyle knew too much, he had heard too much and he knew the Kyle had copies of his research hidden away somewhere. It was only a matter of time before he told his father the infection was his creation. He had to be ready. When Kyros finds out he will come for him he had to be prepared. When Kyros came for him he would die and Edwin could take his place as king. Maybe he will make the queen his slave. Maybe fuck her to see if she was better that his kind.

Kyle knew he needed to tell his father about Edwin. He treated the most recent infected patient; A man who was a guard with a mate and children. Since the disease could not be stopped Kyle had opted for just making the infected vampire comfortable by way of sedation. The vampire remained unconscious as the final stages of the disease ran its course. "At least they won't suffer this way" he said to himself as he watched helplessly while a member of their coven shook with violent convulsions. Blood poured from his mouth, nose, eyes and ears. The monitors attached were going haywire as the poor vampire's heart rate increased and then stopped. Kyle picked up the phone to let his father and the vampire's family know that the patient had expired. He also called the nurses to prepare the body for the family of the infections latest victim.

Kyle stepped out of the patients' room after speaking with the family and went to his office. He loved coffee and his assistant kept a fresh pot made for him. He walked in grabbed his cup and poured a cup of the fresh hot coffee and went to his desk to write his notes for the patients file. He took a sip of his coffee. It tasted funny. He took another sip. Now it tasted fine. He smelled the coffee. "Strange" he said to himself. The smell was familiar but he couldn't place it. He sat the cup aside and poured the remaining coffee out of the pot then went back to his desk and begun writing his notes.

Edwin stood in the security control room of the estate watching with pride as Kyle ingested the antibodies that would eventually kill him and his family. "It's done" he said to himself as he grabbed his lab coat and vanished from the estate knowing he would never return.

Kyle on his way out took the coffee by the lab. He took samples and tested them. The test wouldn't be complete until the next day so he left word for the lab to call him as soon as the test was complete.

Kyros stood in his room staring out the window still asking himself who would do this to them. Who hated vampires so much that they would make them suffer in this manner knowing their death was emanate. He had no answers and the council was seeking to stop the spread of this disease to other vampire covens even if it meant eradication of the whole Western Hemisphere' s coven. The council demanded a meeting with Kyros and Myra. They had to leave for a few days and left Kyle in charge in their absence.

That next day Kyle received a call from the lab. "Hello" Kyle said "Dr. Sinclair the coffee was tainted with the same infection that the other vampires had but this strain was different" the lab tech said.

"How so"? Kyle asked "Sir it's like a super strain of the original. The last one was relegated to tainted blood; this one can go air born and can also be passed through an open wound."

"Is there a way to kill the infection?"

"Sir, with last infection all we had to do was get rid of the tainted blood. This new strain was meant to make us all extinct. The infection can only be killed if it died with the host."

"What happens if the host scratches or bites someone?"

"If the one scratched or bitten lives they will have the infection, at which point they will have to be extinguished to prevent it from being passed. If they die then the infection can't thrive. There is one more thing,"

"What is it"? Kyle said

"Sir this new strain is especially deadly to vampires that have human ancestry."

"What?!"

"This new strain cancelled out the old one; to a vampire who has human ancestry it is the previous infection magnified."

"Thanks for the update" Kyle said as he hung up the phone. Kyle sat on his bed staring at the floor. He was going to die and he couldn't stop it. He had to tell his parents as soon as they came back.

Over the next few days Kyle fell ill. The King and Queen returned home to the news of Kyle being ill. He had a high fever and complained of terrible stomach cramps. This went on for three days. On the fourth day Kelli came home. She was concerned about her brother and had taken a few days off to be with family until Kyle was well. Kelli went to Kyle's room to check on him and to bring him some soup since it was the only thing he could keep down. Kelli wanted to surprise her brother so she asked her parents not tell him she was there. Kelli knocked on Kyle's door. When there was no answer she knocked again. Upon getting no response Kelli became concerned and opened the door to find Kyle covered in blood and his eyes completely black. Bloodlust.

Kyle was consumed and he attacked all who came near him and Kelli was no exception. Though she was a strong fighter and an expert in hand to hand combat she wasn't prepared to use her skills on her brother. She thought to reason with him but she could sense that this wasn't her brother so she began to retreat out of the room. Kyle moved with speed she didn't know was possible and before she could protect herself Kyle had her around the neck. She reached out to her mother and father through their bond alerting them to Kyle's state. Kyros and Myra vanished from where they were to Kyle's' room in time to see Kyle rip Kelli's throat out and feed on the gushing blood that poured from her. Myra screamed in agony watching helplessly as her son killed his sister and fed from her like a ravenous animal.

Kyros was frozen as the scene unfolded in front of him. He was paralyzed as his mates despair course through their bond. His second in command flew past him and restrained Kyle being scratched by one of Kyle's talons in the process. Another guard came to assist with restraining Kyle and he too was scratched. Kelli lay on the floor gasping for air reaching for her mother. Myra crawled to her body and lifted her torso so that her back was resting against her chest. She was frantically trying to stop the bleeding. She placed her hands over the gaping wound in Kelli's neck and tried to apply pressure. The more she pressed the more blood spilled from her. Myra's eyes were so flooded with tears that she couldn't see what she was doing anymore. She closed her eyes as the tears fell. She listened as Kelli took her last labored breaths. Through their bond Kelli sent her love and deepest affection to her parents as she died in her mother's arms. Myra screamed in pain as the familial bond shared with her child dissolved. The pain was so intense that Myra passed out.

The next day Kyle was screaming in pain with a headache and bleeding profusely from his nose, eyes and ears. The two guards that had been scratched were now infected and were place in quarantine and locked down so that there was no repeat of what happened to Kelli. The rest of the children also arrived home to witness the final stages of the infection as it took another one of their siblings. Kyros stayed in his room with Myra. She couldn't take seeing another one of her children dying, and she was preparing for the pain of another bond dissolving. They stayed in their room with Myra curled up on the bed and Kyros was laying next to her curled form holding her as she sobbed. In the final stages of the disease Kyle's delirium caused him to scream out about Dr. Raynes and his reckless experiments and how he couldn't stop him. These seemed like mere babblings except he was projecting his memories to his family. Like a movie all that Kyle had witness played in their minds. The experiments, the conversations heard by Kyle about Edwin's hatred of the royal family and how it was time for new blood to rule the coven. They even saw how Kyle had become infected all in a plot to kill off the family. When Kyle took his last breath his family felt his love, and remorse for not stopping Edwin Raynes.

Kyros was livid. He stayed put and held Myra until the pain of the dissolved bond passed. Once he was sure his mate was back to normal Kyros came out of his room with Myra following behind him until she was stopped by one of the seers. Kyros called his guards to the Grand Hall and demanded that Edwin be found immediately and brought to him. As his guards left to carry out his orders, members of the council had showed up uninvited and heavily armed. Edwin had given an anonymous tip that the royal family was infected and needed to be eradicated in order to contain the infection. The council reacted on Edwin's warning with fear that this was the 18th century all over again. They were determined that it would not get as far as it did in those times and for the first time in their vampire history went against the King.

Myra was nowhere to be seen. When they emerged from their room one of the gifted ones stopped her. This one, Amelia had the ability of a seer. She told Myra of the councils coming and that she was to send Kevin away with one of the caretakers that was a shape shifter. She will be able to get away and get him to safety. Amelia had already told the care taker to be ready so that she could take Kevin away before the council arrived. She also told Myra she had to get out and take the king with her. Amelia could not get to the King and Queen in time to tell them what was going to happen. She told the Kings second but he ended up getting scratched and locked away. She had to wait outside of the King and queens rooms until they came out to warn them but it was too late.

Myra was able to get Kevin to the caretaker whom she was told could shape shift and get away unnoticed according to Amelia. She had just returned to the Grand Hall to find the Council.

The Council took one look at Kyle's disfigured body and demanded that Kyros and Myra renounce the throne and admit to being incompetent leaders. Kyros flew into a rage. He grabbed the arrogant council member around the neck and threw him across the room. When he went to grab the other member he heard a blood curdling scream. Kylan had been shot and had vanished from where he was. Kristi stabbed through the neck and was bleeding profusely. The militia had turned and taken aim at Myra but she vanished from where she was before they could fire on her. When they turned to where Kyros had been standing he too had vanished.

"Search the house" members of the council ordered. The council cleared the grounds and ordered all who resided on the estate tasted and given a clean bill of health. Those found to be infected were disposed of. In all twelve of the coven were infected including the two guards that were scratched by Kyle. The council left the estate after three days. Those who were determined to be clean were free to return to their lives. Some remained on the premises of the estate others went to stay with relatives. The ones who remained began clean and rebuilding what was destroyed in the wake of the councils arrival. Others went into hiding. A few faithful knew their bond was intact and would await ordersfrom their beloved king. They grieved to loss of children of the King and sent their love and strength to the King and Queen through their bond.

Kyros and Myra vanished to their bedroom. Together they agreed to go to one of their many safe houses. They decided to teleport to their safe houses in the mountains of Colorado. This was one of many that only they and the children had knowledge of. They figured they could stay there until everything blew over and Kyros could deal with those involved with harming his family.

Back at the estate Edwin was brought back hand cuffed and beaten. Edwin Raynes, his mate and his children were cut off from the bond with the King. The moment Edwin's betrayal was discovered his link was dissolved along with his family. They had become outcasts among their own kind.

The caretaker had taken Kevin to California where she had family who thrived outside of the coven. There she kept Kevin as instructed until the King and Queen could come to get him.

Over the next few days Myra fell ill. Kyros knew she wasn't infected. She was heartbroken. All but one of her children was dead. She felt like a piece of her died with each of them. Kyros tried in earnest to encourage Myra for Kevin's sake but she couldn't bounce back. Kyros sat with Myra caring for her, lending her his strength, and giving all his love until she had just given up. She called to Kyros her voice barely above a whisper as she told him she loved him, and she was sorry that she was't strong enough to go on with him. She made him promise to find and take care of Kevin. Kyros pleaded with her, his tears freely falling as he begged Myra not to leave him, not to leave them. He told her how much she and Kevin needed her how they wouldn't know how to make it without her. It fell on deaf ears Myra was too far gone and for her she couldn't face life without her children. Kevin she knew would be okay. And Kyros would be too.