Kiss of the Moon Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How did she sleep?" Rhiannon asked.

"Deeply but I think her dreams are reminding her of what she has to prevent. I think she watched Sienna die, she called out her name, and she also called out other names of people I don't know. I think they may have been humans. But things were jumbled I didn't understand much of her dreams," Wolfgang told her.

"Wait, you can see her dreams?" Rhiannon asked.

Wolfgang nodded, "I always have some connection with Amy, aware of her." He tapped his head. "That's the mates bond. When we sleep, if the dreams are troubling enough I will be aware of them, I will dream them but from her perspective. It doesn't happen often, but according to the elders and Nathanael even that is strange. So we've just chalked it up to her blood and left it at that."

"You aren't meant to understand her dreams, many of the things Amy knows are actually instincts, only another Ancient would understand completely," Rhiannon explained.

"Instincts...When Amy first learnt I was Were she started to chew through my library. When I took her as my mate she didn't have any problems with how she was meant to act, she just knew. Most humans never get being a Were until they've lived the life for a couple hundred years, but Amy gets it," Wolfgang tried to explain.

Rhiannon frowned as she thought about it, was it Ancient instinct or was it something else? She wished she knew just who it was she had linked up with to make Amy. There were so many things she wanted to ask the woman and she knew she wasn't alone.

Amy opened her eyes and yawned as she stretched.

Rhiannon smiled, "Taliesin wants you to drink this, he thinks it might balance your energy a little."

Rhiannon offered her a drink.

"I still have to shift today?" Amy asked

"No..." Rhiannon interrupted. "Everything has been sidelined, until we know what Amy dreamt about everything else waits."

Wolfgang got out of bed and walked around the bed to pick Amy up. Rhiannon's jaw dropped as she looked over Wolfgang, granted he had been naked last night but she had been more concerned with Amy than to take in his form. No wonder Amy was always tired with such a potent example of maleness in her bed. Rhiannon didn't glance away, as Were weren't bothered with nudity. Wolfgang studied Rhiannon for a moment then smiled as he guessed her thoughts.

"Amy is not timid, as her mother you really should be at her pack introduction," Wolfgang said as he picked Amy up.

Amy smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck as he walked her into the bathroom. Rhiannon was stunned; she had never been invited to a pack introduction before. In fact to the best of her knowledge none of the Ancients had been invited to a pack introduction. Rhun may be mated to a Were but she wasn't a high ranking one so no introduction was needed. Amy, on the other hand, was mated to an Alpha, she had to be introduced to the pack. She had to be acknowledged and known.

Rhiannon left them and went into the summer room. Everyone was waiting.

Vivian turned to Rhiannon, "So she's awake."

Rhiannon nodded, "Wolfgang has bundled her into a shower."

Vivian studied her daughter, "You look pleased with yourself."

Rhiannon smiled, "I got invited to Amy's introduction to the pack."

Taliesin smiled, "Remember everything you see," he said firmly.

Rhiannon nodded. Although the Ancients had lived incredibly long and knew much they actually knew very little of pack culture and ways. The packs and prides were secretive, necessary for self-preservation. Even Rhun whose mate was Were had not been invited in, his mate wasn't high ranking so he mattered little to the pack since he was not Were. Amy on the other hand was the Alpha's mate and therefore the Alpha bitch.

"Wolfgang also gave me an open invitation to his home," Rhiannon told them.

Mryddin smiled, "Then you will train her, she can't stay here..."

Everyone turned as Amy walked into the room, carrying the cup Rhiannon had told her to drink. Wolfgang followed her in. Amy sat in a lounge, Wolfgang sat next to her and pulled her into his arms, he knew she was going to need the comfort.

"Worst case scenario," Amy said and turned to Wolfgang, "Backlash from the recent killings, that Senator who has been trying to push his Were registry for the last four years, he is going to start a war. Mass genocide."

Wolfgang closed his eyes with a pained look on his face. Worst case, it was more than a worst case it could mean their doom, humans were important, killing them off will not help the Were races.

"It will start in America but the backlash in the other territories will decimate the human population," Amy continued.

Wolfgang sighed, "How do we stop this Amy?"

"We started coming out too late, they didn't understand that we drastically out numbered them. During a protest rally the car I was in was attacked, the Were races for some reason were rallying around me. I was the focus of the attack, by this time it was too late to stop it but the President thinks that if we come out earlier..."

"Wait... the President?" Vivian asked.

Amy nodded, "Just before the blood bath, the President got his most elite Marines, those he knew were loyal and saw no reason for the blood bath, special orders, secure me at all costs and get me to him to negotiate a cease-fire. Only when Wolfgang finally realized I wasn't the Amy he woke up to that morning, he gave me everything he knew, hoping that I was going through a hop and could prevent it. He, the Marines and some of the pack got me to the President, who gave me everything he knew after he realized I was telling the truth. As that happened we were attacked, the others protected me, and the President, as he gave me everything he knew. They tried to kill me, bullet point blank range to the skull. I shifted and killed them all. Then I woke up."

Amy looked out the window, "I don't even feel sorry for what I did," Amy said absently.

"Amy, you haven't killed them yet," Wolfgang told her.

Amy got to her feet and walked to the window. "You don't understand I did kill them, in that reality I killed them. I watched people die to protect me long enough to get this knowledge so I can stop it but in that reality I killed sixty humans and I would do it again," Amy said angrily.

Rhiannon frowned, Ancients rarely got blood-thirsty but Amy had gone through it to an extreme. She wondered again about the other woman who helped sire her, what part did her blood play in Amy's behavior, if any. Amy looked out the window as she fought down the beast that lived within her. She kept focusing on one thought, that she could stop it all from happening. That thought kept her in control. She would prevent Rice's death; she would prevent all of their deaths.

She looked out the window. The energy from the ley line crossing was calling to her. Rhiannon walked up to her. "We all do things we don't like, the fates remind us constantly that nothing is free. Sometimes we are forced to watch those we love or come to care about die to give us extra incentive to correct the situation."

Amy nodded.

"It's never easy Amy, but you never would have been born if you couldn't handle it. The fates have chosen a path for you, but it's how you walk that path that will define you. We are all different, we have different beliefs, ideas and more but we are all the same and we stand together, your path for now is our path. You are not alone," Rhiannon told her and gathered Amy into her arms. Amy cried relieved she didn't have to figure this out on her own. When Amy calmed Rhiannon stroked the tears from Amy's eyes.

At a glance no one would have picked them to be mother and daughter. Rhiannon was tall with sandy brown hair that was wavy and she was very tanned. Rhiannon assumed that Amy had inherited her other mother's looks. Rhiannon tried to picture the woman but failed.

"The pack introduction..." Wolfgang said to himself wondering how he could get the word out sooner.

Amy turned to him, "Pardon?"

"The pack introduction...we can use it to our advantage. As an Alpha the other Alphas have to come, normally they would send representatives, but I'm sure their elders were intrigued by you, which will make them much more inclined to come. The Alphas will come themselves and we can spread the word that way. If we warn them we can work together to prevent things from happening," he told her.

"It's a global matter," Amy told them. "The Alphas have to be involved. They can organize protests, the sooner they understand there are more of us than them they'll know it's suicide," Amy concluded.

"Opening pack life, some Alphas won't like that," Taliesin said knowing the pack preferred privacy.

"They will have no choice, the only way to stop this is with a show of numbers. To show people we are not blood thirsty, that we live normal lives, just a little differently," Amy debated.

Wolfgang smiled pleased, "That is the reason the Were races will rally behind you because you speak the truth. It's time humans know they aren't as supreme as they think they are. It's time they learn to share, to work together, like we do."

Amy smiled, pleased that Wolfgang understood her reasoning, now she had to convince the Alphas.

"Two birds one stone," Rhiannon blurted out. "Invite the president to the introduction."

Amy and Wolfgang cracked up laughing.

"You tell her," Wolfgang told Amy.

Amy blushed and pulled Rhiannon down to whisper into her ear, "The introduction is about them learning my scent and acknowledging I'm Wolfgang's."

Rhiannon pulled away and gave her a confused look.

"Never try to explain to someone who doesn't live pack life... Bastion's words," Amy explained, then pulled Rhiannon back to whisper in her ear, "Wolfgang will mate with me before everyone, during sessions the Alphas will approach and taste us," Amy explained.

Rhiannon went red, "Okay bad idea."

Wolfgang shook his head. "No, good idea we just won't invite him to the whole ceremony there is more to it than just what Amy told you, it lasts a week, talks, feasts and such. It's not often Alpha's find their mate, when they do everyone has to be informed and invited to meet the new Alpha. When power shifts to another Alpha they have to organize at least a video conference with the others so that the others know them, but mating is different, it's personal and more importantly if an Alpha chooses a mate it's because their mate can handle being Alpha. I will be challenged for the right to be Amy's mate, more so after the conference with the Alpha's," Wolfgang explained.

"Why?" Boadicea asked starting to get really interested in the complex culture.

"Because Amy made an impression, the moment they realized she spoke with wisdom and knowledge they started to look at her, when I informed them of the date of the introduction they all started to write down the date, they would wait for their formal invitations but Amy had their interest, they will make sure they are free for the introduction, they will come to meet her in person, to challenge me for the right to have her," Wolfgang told them.

"And if you loose..." Boadicea asked.

"I loose Amy to the victor, but I won't loose," Wolfgang told them confidently.

"And that's allowed? What about Amy's wishes?" Vivian asked trying to understand.

"It is allowed, survival of the strongest Vivian. If I cannot protect Amy then I have no right to her. Don't worry I've been challenged for her before, I won and I will win again, no one will take Amy from me," he told them with conviction, but they still didn't understand why.

Taliesin frowned, he never knew the Were races had such complicated rules. His frown deepened, it was however, those rules, which allowed them to live in peace, allowing the different types of Weres to mingle and even breed. It would take at least a lifetime to learn their ways, he concluded.

Rhiannon felt Amy start to tire. She sat her down, "That hop did nothing but destabilize your energies further."

Amy nodded, "I'll be okay, I've felt worst."

Rhiannon chuckled, "Funny, but I can believe that, how did you get the scars on your back."

"I have that answer," Mryddin said and grabbed the file then offered it to Rhiannon, "A plane crash."

Amy smiled. "And that is how I met Wolfgang, he saved my life...well he pulled me out of the wreck and nursed me back to health."

"Fell in love the moment I saw her, she was covered in blood and I thought she was dying," Wolfgang said with a smile.

Amy stood and walked across the room and she collapsed into his arms, Wolfgang nuzzled her neck.

"Scruffy mutt," Amy told him and tucked her head under his chin to get away from the bristles of his beard.

Wolfgang chuckled and pulled her tighter to his body. He rolled her onto her back beneath him and rubbed his face against her face.

"Wolfgang cut it out," Amy protested and tried to push him away.

"Wolfgang let her go," Vivian said seriously concerned about her granddaughter, Wolfgang could easily crush Amy. Wolfgang loosened his hold and turned to Vivian.

"I would never hurt her," Wolfgang told them.

"No but you will wear her out," Rhiannon told him.

Wolfgang sighed and got up, he looked down at her and smiled, she was all disheveled, with a rash on her cheek from his stubble. Amy tugged her clothes back into place; she felt Wolfgang's arousal at her state.

"You would think me hot in burlap," Amy told him fiercely.

Wolfgang gave her a goofy smile and nodded. He sat up and pulled Amy back into his lap.

****

Amy woke, she checked the clock, midnight, she noted. She slid out of Wolfgang's arms and went to the bathroom. Once she was done she walked groggily out of the bathroom. She closed her eyes and stretched. She felt the call from the ley line crossing. She didn't bother getting dressed, she just found a way out of the manor. She walked across the open field, feeling the pulse of power. The chill of the night rose goose bumps on her body, but she ignored them. She walked into the stone circle, The Kings Men, she remembered.

She felt the power surge, welcoming her into the circle. Amy walked forward until she was about in the middle. She sat on the dew covered grass. The mystic energy of the place went up as Amy closed her eyes and opened herself to the call of the energy.

**

Rhiannon jerked awake, she had felt an intense surge of energy. She jumped to her feet and raced to Amy and Wolfgang's room. Wolfgang had just jerked awake and was glancing around for Amy.

"Where's Amy?" She asked.

Wolfgang got out of bed and shifted into his hybrid form. He sniffed the air to locate her scent. Rhiannon watched him stunned, she had seen Were in Hybrid from before, none were ever as large as Wolfgang was.

They were quickly joined by the other Ancients, and Vivian's jaw dropped as she studied Wolfgang, the other Ancients did the same. Wolfgang was not someone to be messed with, and they could now understand his confidence. Wolfgang in his hybrid form stood over eight feet tall, and four foot wide at the shoulders. His muscles rippled with power, long deadly claws tipped his hands. A massive wolf head sat on powerful neck muscles. They got out of his way when he went near them.

Wolfgang followed Amy's scent around the room for several moments but quickly he found a fresh scent trail out of the room and then out of the manor towards the ley line crossing. A bright light appeared from the circle. Wolfgang ran to make sure he was there to defend Amy.

**

Amy didn't notice the strange blue light that came from the circle. She was busy experiencing the strange energy that was pulsing around and through her. She also didn't notice the specks of white light dancing across her skin leaving smudges of fluorescent green in the form of a language. She felt this overwhelming sense of approval and joy from the energies that surrounded her. But she couldn't understand why and the energy could not explain it to her.

The energy started to pulse, matching the pulsing of her heart. She could almost hear the faint howl of a wolf in the energy but it was quickly replaced with a sound that she could recognize but not explain. She also felt as if there was someone or something in the energy, taunting her with some piece of knowledge that for the moment remained out of her reach or understanding.

She felt tingles beneath her skin, as the energy entered her. She felt the weakness burn out of her system as the blue light finally vanished. The little specks of white light that had marked her body stuck around. Wolfgang ran into the circle, the others were behind him, he skid to a stop.

Amy?He asked.

Amy turned to him and smiled. Wolfgang went to approach her but his ears picked up sounds of cartilage popping. Amy leant forward so that she was on her hands and knees as her body shifted. Wolfgang watched as this shift went much smoother then her first shift. Her body lengthened and expanded. Hands and feet transformed into paws as her arms and legs lengthened to match her rapidly growing body. Muscles shifted as fur appeared and her tail grew from her spine. Finally her head shifted.

She stretched her body and yawned as her teeth grew. She sat and started to groom herself. Wolfgang quickly slid into his wolf form and approached her, ears up and tail erect. Amy stopped grooming herself and lifted a paw. Wolfgang pressed his chest to hers. Amy nuzzled her face into his neck, she then leapt back and dropped her forequarters so that her rear was in the air. Wolfgang recognized the playful pose. He copied her and barked. Amy yowled her response and jumped to the side and retook the pose.

Rhiannon leant against a stone and watched the two massive predators play. Wolfgang was big but Amy was bigger, yet they were gentle with their tussles. Amy pulled free and approached the Ancients. She sniffed the air to catch their scents. Rhiannon held still as Amy pressed her nose to her skin. Rhiannon didn't react as Amy gently knocked her down. Amy settled above her and started to groom Rhiannon. Rhiannon tried to get away from the rough tongue, her fingers burrowed into the thick mane of fur around Amy's neck.

"Amy cut it out," Rhiannon protested.

Wolfgang grabbed Amy's scruff and gave it a gentle tug. Amy let Wolfgang pull her off Rhiannon. Rhiannon sat up and looked at Amy with surprise. Wondering why and where the blue light had come from and why Amy had been compelled to come out here. Wolfgang tugged her back toward the house. Amy followed him leaving the Ancients to their own devices.

When they were happy that both Amy and Wolfgang were back in the house they begin to talk.

"Did you see how big she was?" Noah said trying to remain quiet.

"Our abilities are controlled by natural law, when we shift we can only shift into true animals in both shape and size." Arthur said just as surprised as everyone else.

Everyone turned to Rhiannon.

"What the fuck did you give birth to?" Robin asked.

Rhiannon glared at him. "I haven't given birth to her yet you moron," she retorted.

"Cut it," Mryddin snapped.

"Yes..." Taliesin added, "All we can do is support Amy, she is one of us, no matter how big or strange she is, she is still Ancient..."

"Part Ancient," Arthur interrupted.

Everyone glared at him.

"Part or full she is Ancient and needs us, just as we need her, if we are to unravel the riddle that she is we need to accept her as she is...She does," Taliesin continued, before walking off.

****

Rhiannon walked into Amy and Wolfgang's room around midmorning, she was carrying two new drinks for Amy. Amy was still asleep, Wolfgang however was awake and studying Amy's body. Rhiannon walked over to him and put the drinks down on the bedside table. Rhiannon turned and jerked with surprise at the fluorescent green markings on her body. Amy mumbled and opened her eyes.