Let's Eat! Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the meantime, Sage was marching her way up to President Howard's office. She didn't even bother to knock but simple pushed open his door and started yelling.

"I cannot believe you are still keeping that intolerable buffoon in this restaurant. I will not have it! I cannot stand it!!!"

"Now now, Sage... sit down please... what can I do for you?"

"Get that annoying fat ass out of my face!!!"

"I assume all did not go well since your return? I apologize for that... I really do. But you see, Chef James is quite a famous Chef and his presence here has attracted a new group of customers. It is for that alone, that I cannot rashly dismiss him..." said Caleb calmly as he rubbed Sage's shoulders to calm her down.

"Oh Mr Howard... I don't mean to be a crybaby and all... but if he really has no use for me in the kitchen, then why did you ask me back? Don't you understand? The worst thing for a Chef is to know her skills are not appreciated or needed in her kitchen"she sobbed.

"Shh... I understand... But you see, Sage... although Phillip doesn't need you, I do."

"Oh don't be ridiculous Mr Howard... I'm sure you can secure the same deals with our vendors without relying on me and I'm sure you can entertain our VIP guests even better than I can," she continued as she sobbed.

"No, Sage... look at me..." he said, tilting her face up so that she was looking directly at him. "I... need...you..." he said, smiling at her. At that moment Sage realised how blue his eyes were. They were as clear as the sky on a cloudless day.

A muffled cough startled them and they quickly turned away from each other. Caleb stepped back and raise his gaze at the door to where Philip was standing with his arms folded.

"So you ran up to tell on me I presume?" said Philip with a sneer.

"Jerk," she muttered under her breath but it was loud enough for Phillip to hear. He gave a small laugh and closed the door behind him.

"President Howard, I refuse to take this woman into my kitchen. So, I'm going to hire a new person to take over her place. I will promote one of the boys in the kitchen to be a Sous Chef and get a new cook to fill in the gap accordingly," he announced. Sage stared at him with her mouth opened wide.

"And how do you propose to do that, Chef?" Caleb asked, with his usual smile on his face.

"An audition of course."

"Blindfolded?"

"Hmm... you push a lot Mr Howard..."

"Ah... but Chef James... a true Chef need not need to see who's the cook to discern what is truly cuisine, isn't that so?"

"Why you sneaky... alright. Fine. But get her out of my sight," he said, before leaving the office.

"That was very clever of you," said Sage as she smiled at him.

"He's like a scared puppy. He sees a plate of delicious pasta outside his kennel but dares not go out and eat it. I'm just helping him get out of the kennel so he can eat the plate of delicious pasta," replied Caleb.

"Thank you."

"Have a drink with me tonight."

Sage lowered her eyelashes before raising her gaze at him.

"Umm... I suppose I do owe you one..."

***

Sage spent the rest of the night talking to the guests to make sure they were enjoying their meal. Her presence created a different kind of eating experience because of the personalized service she was giving. Caleb had watched her as she smiled and talked to children, couples and even elderly; always knowing the right thing to say; always making them smile in return.

Finally at 11pm, long after the last customers had walked out the door, Sage walked down to the kitchen locker room. She had promised Caleb a drink. So she'd better freshen up before going home.

The locker room was dark. Sage figured everyone must have gone home by now. Sighing to herself, she went to her locker. Philip had hung his used apron at the handle of his locker, much to her disgust. Ignoring the smell emanating from the apron, she started unbuttoning her uniform. The cool air seemed to freshen her body for awhile. Standing in her bra and pants, she groped around in her locker for her clothes. She had been too lazy to switch on the lights, thinking she would be quick. Now regretting it, she continued rummaging; dropping a few things on the floor.

"Shit!" she snapped when she felt her gym bag falling on her leg.

"Who's there?" came a gruff voice from the back of the locker room.

"Uh... it's me..." she said but no one replied her. Feeling a little scared now, she hurriedly stuffed all her things back into the locker and decided she'll just wear her uniform home. She hoped Caleb won't mind. Gropping around on the chair behind her for her uniform, she noticed a dark figure at the back of the room.

"Who are you?" she squeaked.

The dark figure got up and approached her.

"Nice tits," he said as he walked past her. In the dark she wasn't sure which one of the boys it was but a quick look at the locker confirmed her suspicion. The apron was no longer there. By the time she had put on her uniform blouse, he was already long gone.

When she got out a few minutes later, Caleb was already waiting for her. He gave her a glance over, smiled and extended his hand.

"I see you didn't have the chance to change."

"I had some trouble changing. But it's okay. Do you have a place in mind? I hope it's nowhere fancy."

"Hmm... tell you what. Why don't we drop by your place, so you can change into something warmer? Then we'll have coffee at the Starbucks across your block."

"Wait... how do you know there's a Starbucks across my block?"

Giving her a warm laugh, he placed his right arm across her shoulder.

"I own the building," he said.

***

NB: Who do you prefer as the main lead - Caleb or Phillip? Or both? (Gasps!)

12