Life In A Small Town

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
woodmanone
woodmanone
2,296 Followers

Then Molly told me what Gerald had called about. He wanted her to help bankroll a new development he was working on. He said he needed about a half a million dollars to get the investment off the ground and wanted her to sign over the house and land Molly's parents had left her when they passed away. He said he could use the property as collateral on a loan.

Molly said that Gerald would give her a one third interest of the investment if she would front the money he needed. Gerald told her that he had a temporary cash flow problem and that's why he came to Molly.

"He's always got a cash flow problem," Molly told me. "Just before we came here he was in debt up to his ears. I think he thought he could hide out here for a while. You know how well that worked."

I sat with my coffee and cigar and didn't say anything more. Molly was on my lap but kept leaning back to look at me. She was obviously waiting for me to make some comment about what to do.

"Well, what do you want to do Will? Should we make the investment? If it pans out we could make a lot of money. I mean go to hell type money."

"Not my place to say, it's your inheritance and your decision Honey." I had no intention of getting into the world of high finance. "It's not my money; I shouldn't have an opinion about it."

"No, it's our decision and it's your money too. Remember, "With this ring I thee wed, and all my worldly goods I thee endow?" That was part of our vows too," Molly reminded me. "That goes both ways you know."

"Good old Gerald doesn't have the greatest track record with his investments. I will say one more thing and then I'm out of it. Do we really need all that money? We're doing fine without it."

The next morning Molly called Gerald and turned him down. Smart girl. She did get rid of the house and land though. Molly donated the house and three acres to be used as a shelter for battered and abused women. It was a cause that her parents had been involved in. Then she sold the land to one of Gerald's rivals; it was sort of a poke in the eye for good old Gerald. Our savings account got a lot larger very quickly.

****************

Molly and I now have two sons, Lewis and William with a third child due in five months. Uncle Lewis only lived for two years after we were married, but he was with us long enough to see his namesake born. Aunt Mary followed Lewis less than a year later. There wasn't anything really wrong with her; I just don't think she wanted to continue without Lewis. Two wonderful and loving people that we will miss very much. We were lucky to have them in our lives.

Lewis and Mary's son, Joseph came back for both funeral services. After the service for Aunt Mary, he suggested that we buy the farm that Lewis and Mary had lived on for many years. We did and moved into their house and will raise our children there.

As time progressed, Molly and I have become very active in helping to preserve the heritage of Van Buren. So much so that Molly is now on the board of supervisors for that organization.

I guess that clearly says we have been accepted as locals by those who matter.

Quote: Life goes on

woodmanone
woodmanone
2,296 Followers