Lost Kingdoms Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Extra bathing area as well." Ace pointed out in one of the other sections. "This is going to be pricy."

"We've got it, plus we'll get back to our runs once we get everything settled." Miranda said opening a trade menu with Randal.

It was strange flipping through the menu of the game in reality. It looked like a simple book but it held everything you needed. Extra gear, gold, loot, and most importantly it's how someone communicated with anyone. With a few "clicks" of the book Miranda transferred over the remaining gold she had. "That should do it. Let's check out."

Nodding Randal moved over to the twins showing them where the guild house was on the world map and where he wanted the new additions to it. He then added another tower, a smaller one so that he'd have his own space.

"Finally huh? Why the small one?" Ace asked pointing to the smaller tower.

"It has a blacksmith underneath." Randal pointed that out as a hologram of the building came into view. "I can move all my stuff down there and it'll open up the grand hall for more tables and such. I'll be able to have a bed and a few things above the blacksmith."

Once the transaction was made they looked over how the guild hall would look after the renovations. There was now a great door from the back that lead into smaller rooms for new guild members. Total one hundred new members could fit comfortable and still have a sense of privacy, in the two floored quarters. The new bathing areas were added at the end of each quarter one for downstairs and one for upstairs. Along with individual bathroom stalls and shower stalls there was a bathhouse for relaxation. The three smiled and nodded agreeing the smaller things could possibly be taken from the old guild house along with a persons personal belongings.

The renovations had already started, the twins bowed as the builder NPC's made their way to the guild hall. All in all everything would take two days since they paid the extra for the faster builders. "Let's head back, we'll get more table, chairs, and kitchen wear when we figure out exactly how many we'll be getting." Miranda said wrapping her fingers around Aces and making her way out of the building. Pointing at a few other stores Miranda suggested they checked on the new items incase anything would help their stats. Smiling the three walked around the marketplace to give Leon and Diana a little while to talk to the lower level guilds.

****

Leon and Diana traveled by coach to the edge of the starting area. It was a place many of the smaller guilds made home because it was cheaper to rent land out here. Looking about the found the Fireflies guild house. Patting Diana on the head he made his way to the wooden doors his fist making a rather echo when he knocked. The two stared at the door for a moment before it creaked open and a small boy looked out through the crack.

"Who are you?" He asked his voice shaking slightly.

"My name is Reinheart, I'm apart of the Lunar's Eye guild house. I've brought with me Serenity our healer." He pointed to Diana who offered a bright smile. "We came to check on the survivors and offer you a new home."

The boys eyes went wide and tears began to slip down his cheeks before he opened the door completely. "There's a few of us left, but the leader of our guild was killed with the others."

Diana and Leon looked into the great hall of the small guild house. The few remaining members were sitting around the table heads in their hands. Smiling Leon patted the boys head and made his way inside.

"Hello all." He said in his loudest voice which echoed off the walls. Once everyone had looked up towards him he offered a kind smile. "I am Reinheart."

"We know who you are." A tall woman who had been standing near the wall spoke. She was draped in wizards robes and had tears streaming down her face. "What the hell does the leader of one of the strongest guilds want with us?"

Diana shook her head and finally spoke up, her hands gripping her staff tightly as she spoke. "We want to help.. We know how hard things for you all are right now." Her words stopped when Leon placed a hand on her head.

"We're offering a home, if you'd like to join us in Lunar's eye. Every guild is special, and each person has their reasons for joining a certain guild." Leon spoke with a strong will and a kind heart hoping to reach out to the remaining members of Firefly. "We want to make sure that no one else suffers. We're already adding onto our guild and everyone is welcome if the wish to join. We may be considered one of the strongest guilds but this is no longer a game. This is a matter of life and death and I believe that we cannot win without each other. What kind of leader would I be, if I didn't try to help those in need?"

The few members of the guild looked over Leon as he spoke. They nodded a few times at his speech and then looked at the two higher level players in front of them. "You'll help us?" One of the older looking members asked standing up. "My son was the leader of this guild. He didn't believe the game master, and now he's gone."

The mage who spoke earlier walked up to him wrapping her arms around him. "They played together since his son lived with his mother. This was their way of spending time together." She looked up towards Leon a slender finger pointing to him. "If you say you'll take us in then we'll go. We won't make it here we've already been targeted and I don't think we'll survive another attack."

"Then let's get going, gather what you want we've already started construction on a larger guild hall. If you have any friends or family in other guilds that need help we're more then willing to take them in." Leon stated matter of factly before turning and leaving the guild hall. "We'll wait outside."

Diana followed him out smiling at the now happy faces of the people they came to help. Looking up at him she placed her staff on the holder on her back. "You did a good thing."

"Think so?"

"Yup, we'll be able to help refine their skills and level them up to be strong on their own."

Leon grinned pulling her to him in a tight embrace. "I couldn't do it without you."

"Yes you could." She laughed looking into his eyes before they heard a cough behind them.

The mage was standing there her arms crossed under her breast and with a tilt of her head. "I wanted to say thank you. We'll be ready shortly."

Leon and Diana nodded standing slightly apart since she appeared.

"What made you do this?" She asked softly.

"I don't like seeing stronger people gang up on weaker people. Most of these players aren't hardcore gamers like we are. This horrid experience isn't fair to them." Leon answered coolly crossing his arms like she did.

"I'm Feylinn, one of the founding members of this guild. I think I'm on par with your Black Widow, if not just slightly weaker." She smiled walking up to Leon and offering her hand.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you." Taking her hand he shook it firmly a smile on her face before she pulled into him.

"I think we'll be great friends." With a grin she stood on her toes kissing his cheek.

Looking to her Diana blinked a few times before looking up at the blushing Leon. With a cough Diana shook her head and made her way over to the coach stop. "I'll be going on ahead."

"Ahead?" Leon asked slightly confused before he ran up to her. "I don't want us to be split up."

"I'll be fine it's a straight shot from here to the guild." Reaching into her pocket she placed a handkerchief against his cheek. "You've got lipstick there; maybe you should correct other women when they kiss you." Stepping into the coach Diana slammed the door shut before he could even try to make an excuse.

Leon watched the coach quietly his hand holding the handkerchief where she had pretty much slapped him. Looking back towards Feylinn he offered a soft smile wiping the lipstick away.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked pointing a finger at her lip with a confused look on her face.

"No, no it's fine. She's just making sure they started construction." Leon answered as he waved towards the new members who began to walk out towards them. "Everything is fine, let's get going."

****

Diana made it back first, laughter could be heard from the other three who were back. Passing through the gates a small bell went off announcing her arrival. Miranda was there first a wine glass in her hand.

"Diana! You're back." She called out running to her and pointing to the construction that was going on. "It'll be ready soon, we've moved everything from the great hall for cots until it's done."

Ace and Randal came next waving her to come see. She put a smile on her face so she wouldn't cause them worry. "Looks like it'll be done soon?"

"Yeah two days max." Randal said patting her head. "You ok? Where's Leon?"

"He'll be here shortly I was tired so I decided to come back." Stretching some she pointed to her tower. "I'm gonna go lay down for a bit. I think the shock of everything has caught up to me."

Nodding the others waved her off, Randal though stared at her in confusion. The bell went off a few times and they turned to see Leon walking down the road with a tall young woman. The woman didn't seem to be shy; she was laughing and patting Leon's shoulder as if they had known each other forever. Leon looked quite at home with the girl, he was laughing loudly and patting her head every once in awhile.

"So that's what happened." Randal mumbled and shook his head. Looking up to Diana's tower he sighed crossing his arms.

Ace and Miranda saw this too, their eyes went to Randal almost instantly. "This might be bad."

Leon came up to them pushing Feylinn in front of him. "We've got ten new members."

"One you seem to be extremely happy about." Randal quipped before he turned his back on them. "I'm going to check on Diana."

Leon didn't bother responding, he just pointed to the hall and began to explain what would happen while the construction would be happening. Ace and Miranda helped the others get their things into the great hall and everyone set up with a cot and some hot food while they were getting to know each other.

Feylinn stayed close to Leon the entire time, the two talked like old friends. Leon kept looking over towards Diana's tower but decided not to pry just yet.

****

Randal knocked on the tower door, waiting for an answer. After a few minutes she spoke softly. "I know you're in there. Don't pretend to sleep let me in."

"It's open." A small voice finally called out.

Stepping into the room Randal sighed, there was little Diana. Sitting on the ledge of her window knees pulled up to her chest, tears in her eyes.

"Oh come on now. I can't handle you when you cry."

Laughing Diana wiped her tears and looked at him. "Sorry."

"Don't be, you have nothing to be sorry for."

"I don't know why I got so mad. They're not doing anything."

Randal shrugged plopping himself on the other side of the window sill. "No they're not. He's to nice for his own good. I don't even think he knows he's doing it."

Diana nodded shrugging just as he did. "I'll be ok, just hard after what he said and everything that's happened."

"I'm here for you ok? Don't hold anything back."

Nodding Diana smiled patting his leg before she finally got up. "Now's not the time to be gloomy we have new friends to welcome."

Randal couldn't help but laugh standing up he placed his hands on his hips and bowed slightly. "Then by all means Serenity let's go greet them."

Laughing again she smiled clasping her hands in front of her legs with a happy nod. "Lets."

The two made their way out to the great hall waving at the new comers as they passed. Diana was happy to see so many of the sad faces happy and laughing as they ate together with the others. Her eyes glimpsed Leon and Feylinn who were still sitting in the corner together talking. Looking up to Randal she held onto his shirt for support.

Looking up Leon noticed Diana standing next to Randal her hand gripping his shirt in particular. Looking to her he tilted his head and pointed to his tower with a slight nod of his head he stood up. "I've got a few things to attend to. I'll talk to you later."

"Oh? We were just getting to know each other though." Feylinn pouted visibly upset he was leaving.

"Yeah I'll be back later." He waved at her and made his way to his tower. His eyes stayed on Diana as he did so hoping she'd follow.

Noticing him Diana nodded and let go of Randal. "I'm going to go talk to him."

Randal nodded and made his way over to Feylinn as Diana followed Leon up to his tower.

Once Diana was out of sight Randal looked towards Feylinn and spoke softly. "I don't know what your game is, but those two have a history. Don't get in the way."

Feylinn licked her lips clean of the pie she had been munching on before laughing at Randal. "Whatever do you mean?"

"I mean don't try to get in their way." Randal walked away waving over to Miranda and Ace who had watched the exchange without hearing a thing.

Feylinn smiled waving at them as well she stood up placing her plates in a nearby sink and walked outside. Once she was clear of everyone she poked a hand out of the gate. "Everything's set." She mumbled handing a letter to a passerby who didn't stop to say a word.

12