Love and Back Again

Story Info
An intricate puzzle of life's own power.
996 words
3.66
7.5k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His rugged hands brushed across her soft skin. The light glistened off the oceans of tears and shared feelings. Tears brought on by a past that haunted the very depth of her soul. She was finally at home. A place of warmth covered in the embrace of love and she was safe. Without a word from his bearded lips, he pulled her to her feet and showed the compassion she deserved for he was hers and she was his. No words could animate a life such as that. It was an emotional bond and melding of two hearts. Lives filled with the affinity of lust for each other's hearts minds bodies and souls. An intricate puzzle of life's own power.

He wrapped his arms around her and held her close as if there was no other existence. The faint glow of the streetlights dimmed into the black abyss of another world. A world that is full of pain and heartache. Full of the selfish lives of those that prey upon the good hearts of others. Those people did not exist in this world. A new world appeared full of life and had its own light. It shown the very moment he and she laid their eyes upon each other. This is their story. This is the road to their love, happiness and gratification. Their own place that they can call home for it is home. A home that is filled with the warmth when someone cares when you are down, when they say one word or give one look that picks the other back up and keeps them going. Home is not the place you pay for or lay your head but what you feel deep inside, deep inside your very soul and life force. A place that exists between the beating hearts that share the same flow of blood and desire in life.

...

Chris was a man of 30 walking in a world that chewed upon his every step and spit at his feet. Filling his very breathe with a distaste for life.

But he was still happy.

A man recently separated from a life of pain and torment. Drowned in the lies, deceit and words of hateful spite. A past that left him riddled with hopelessness. A broken man to many, strong to others but what really mattered was the way he felt inside.

A soul that appeared to himself like the battle fields of World War I. Filled with foxholes, trenches and the blasts of bombs in the no man's land of his heart. The air inside resonating sounds of suffering that can be described as the sounds of those that are trapped in a permanent bane of Hell, paying for their sins of life. The ground littered with words of hate, the abuse of life.

He did not feel loved. He felt alone and had nothing to love. He had a child that God provided to him from his past but that was a different kind of love. That was its own special bond of bringing life into the world.

"9 years I have come. I walk away not with a tear but with a smile and a shovel. For I will fill in those holes, mend the fences and be at one." The words echoed out of his mouth with every night and every prayer. Praying to a God in heaven as if he was there with him. For he was with him. In every step he took, every action. He guided him to something he never expected.

Hope.

Yes, hope.

Feeling the arms of another around him as he wrapped his own around them. A mutual Love that was ungrounded by society and the people around them. One that opened his eyes and made him feel worth. After years of being beaten with words, guilt and suffocated by control, he lost that worth. It danced in the distance never getting closer but yet never going further away.

A word that filled his eyes with desire. With a passion to live. A reason to love.

God gave him a reason. A reason to be a better man. There was now a sense of purpose and a realization that there is truly good in the world.

Chris continued to pray words to his friend.

"Lord? I have fallen the steps of life over and over. Struggled to climb them to be a better person in your grace. But I know I am not perfect by all means. Hear I sit with you, but yet I still feel alone. I seek that which will make me whole and I pray that you guide me to that point in my life where I can finally be whole. With a companion who is on the same path as well. I am afraid for my future of being a single father. No one wants a single divorced man who has a child. That is what I feel lord. I feel that sense of physical loneliness as if I am not truly complete in life. I have worked on my puzzle of what I can do for myself and what I need to do for myself. But I need someone who is perfect in every way that can complement me and I can complement them. You have provided so much and pulled me from the burning fires of my past. I thank you for all that you have given and I know you will provide me with true happiness"

Chris prayed this every night from the moment the sun settled down upon the horizon gleaming the soft glowing rays of its ever present beauty on this planet to the moment it came back kissing the dew drops dripping upon the leaves of the trees in the mornings rush.

The prayers floated upon the crisp breezes of the night and traveled endlessly. Always being heard and always being worked. Gods work was in motion in his life.