Love Takes Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I thought you would enjoy a lunch with me today."

"Why are you doing all of this for me? What have I done to deserve this?"

He smiled and put his arm around her waist, resting his hand on her hip. "Just think of it as a reward for all of your hard work. Do you know how rare it is to find a person with such passion and drive that you possess?"

They sat down on the blanket facing each other. He reached into the picnic basket and pulled out two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a baggie of baked potato chips. She laughed at the simplicity of the meal.

"You are too funny. PB and J huh? Nice!"

"I didn't know if you would go for it, but I took a leap of faith." He said grinning.

He enjoyed staring into her eyes and seeing the look of joy and happiness on her face. She was already beautiful to him, but her radiating smile made her seem even more beautiful. The way her black pig tails hung down on her shoulders, the tight blue shirt hugging her chest and the tanned legs leading to her plaid skirt were all that he ever wanted. He was intrigued by the way her plaid skirt was short enough to make you think it would reveal what was underneath, but just long enough to keep it a mystery.

Tabby broke the silence after taking a few bites of the sandwich. "I am sure there are many people that have the same drive and desire that you say I possess. I don't see myself as any different than most. I am just doing what I have to in order to pay rent and hopefully make a better life for myself in the future."

Dave set his sandwich down on the baggie and leaned in, taking her cheeks in his hand and pressing his mouth to her's. He kissed her softly for a second, then pulled away and looked into her eyes, saying "That is what I enjoy about you. You have a drive that you think is normal. Trust me, you and your drive are far from normal. I have been looking far and wide for a person that shares my same drive and passion for years to no avail."

Tabby took another bite of her sandwich and when she finished, she asked, "So, you know about me, but what exactly do you do? What is your life story?"

Dave smiled softly. He was surprised she did not know who he was or what he did. "That is a discussion for later when we have more time. If I am correct, you have to be going back inside soon."

She looked down at her watch then said, "Oh crap! You are right. I do need to get back inside."

She hurried to her feet then gave him a quick kiss and asked, "I will see you tonight then?" as she rushed toward the restaurant entrance.

"Yes ma'am." he replied while watching her scurry away.

Tabby entered the back of the bar and walked behind the bar. Her co-worker, Allison, approached her and whispered into her ear, "Have you slept with him yet?"

"What? NO!" Tabby responded.

Allison stepped back with a look of disbelief on her face. "Don't you know who he is?"

"It doesn't matter. I have more respect for myself than that."

"Yes, but he is Dave Profst, the top commerce manager on this side of the country!"

"That is wonderful. I am happy for him that he has made a good life for himself. I am sure he has worked really hard to get where he is today. That is still no reason to jump into bed with him though, you silly woman." Tabby replied, defending her moral stance.

"I would have slept with him the first day, but that is just me. Do you know what I could do with all of his money?" Allison said as she walked away laughing.

Tabby shook her head back and forth and rolled her eyes. She understood now what Dave was talking about when he mentioned that it was rare to find a person in his life that had a drive and desire to be successful. She imagined most wanted to leach onto him and ride his coat tails. She was not that way and did not want anything from him but his affection and companionship. Now that she knew more about him, she was even more determined to make her own path and avoid being a leach.

Dave headed back to the office and concentrated on working, which would help pass time until Tabby was available. He was sitting in his office chair with his feet up on his desk in his office when his cellphone started ringing. He had inadvertently dozed off and quickly pulled his feet from his desk. He looked at the ringing phone on his desk before picking it up.

"Hello, how was the rest of your day?" He said into the phone microphone.

"It went well. I am glad the day is done though. I am ready to decompress and relax a little. How about your day?"

"I stayed busy at the office, but I must have fallen asleep at my desk. I am starving. Are you hungry?"

She answered enthusiastically, "Yes, I am starving also. Why don't you come over to my place and I will make us something to eat?"

"No. No. No. You have had a long day. Meet me downtown and I will take you to a nice restaurant where we can have a bottle of wine and enjoy a great meal without having to labor over the preparations." He rebutted.

"I have had enough of being around people today and I actually like cooking. It is therapeutic to me. I will text you my address and you can meet me there in an hour." Tabby insisted and hung up the phone before Dave had a chance to reply. He had already paid for two meals and she didn't want to keep using his money for her benefit.

An hour later, Dave showed up at her doorstep. He laughed when Tabby answered the door in her outfit she wore the last time he saw her at the restaurant. She motioned for him to enter and hugged him when he made it inside the door.

"Are you getting ready to go to the restaurant at this hour of the night?" He inquired.

"No. I actually like wearing this dress and bonnet when I cook at home. It reminds me of a much slower time in history and is therapy for me."

He gave her a peck on the lips then said, "It works for me then. Wow. It smells wonderful in here. Something Italian?"

"You have a good nose. Yes, I am making homemade lasagna, my grandmother's recipe."

The two of them sat at her kitchen table. Dave told her more about his life as they ate, intriguing Tabby. When their bellies were full, they moved to the living room to relax. Tabby cuddled up next to Dave on the couch and listened to him as he continued to tell her about his rise to his current status.

"Why didn't you tell me who you were before?" she inquired.

"You didn't ask before this afternoon." he replied simply. "I don't go about bragging who I am."

"Yes, and it doesn't matter to me at all, but I am surprised you didn't mention it during our talks over the last week. Everyone else at my jobs knew who you were except for me. I felt a little silly that everyone else knew more about my man than I did."

"So, I AM your man?" he asked with a light, inquisitive tone.

"That came out wrong." she said. "What I meant was..."

Dave cut her off mid-sentence. "I know what you meant and I was just kidding. It is nice to hear you say that though. It has a nice ring to it...Tabby's man."

She looked up at him and smiled before curling up in a ball and leaning into him, her head resting on his chest. She could hear his heart beat racing. A few moments later, she realized that her right hand was resting on the inside of his upper thigh. She looked down and could tell that he was enjoying the touch of her hand. She did not intend to arouse him or give him the wrong signal so she pulled her hand away.

Dave put the palm of his hand on her rib cage and held her close while they rested silently. Tabby could feel her eyes getting heavy. She was having troubles keeping her eye lids open so she sat up and looked into his eyes. His brown eyes fixed on her eyes. They stared into each other's eyes a moment before she leaned in and kissed him passionately. He returned the action, giving her chills. There was something special about the way he kissed her and it turned her on. She knew she had to stop before they ended up in her bedroom.

"I am getting tired." She whispered into his ear before continuing, "I think it is time for me to retire to bed. I have class early in the morning. Thank you so much for coming over tonight."

"Would you like some company in bed?" Dave inquired.

"That is sweet of you." she replied. "Not tonight."

"Just to cuddle?"

"Thanks again. Maybe soon, but not tonight." she said, with a sad face.

Dave kissed her one more time then respectfully made his exit, leaving her to go to bed. He did not want to ruin anything by pushing things further than she was willing to go. He drove home and crashed in his own bed with visions of her beautiful body in his mind.

It was two days before they saw each other again. Dave left work Friday and decided to go home and rest for a few hours. Around 11pm, he headed to the pub for a drink and to hopefully spend some time with Tabby after her shift which ended at midnight. Because her shift started around dinner time, she did not stay to close the pub.

He entered the pub and took a seat at the bar. The place was packed and the Irish band was on the stage once more. He could not help but stare at Tabby in her pigtails, plaid skirt and tight t-shirt. She looked so different in uniform, yet so sexy.

Tabby brought him a drink with a smile and said, "Welcome. I didn't think you were going to make it up here tonight."

"Thank you for the drink. I went home and crashed for awhile. Perhaps we can spend some time together after your shift."

She smiled, "Absolutely. I would like that."

A man sitting next to Dave at the bar said, "I would like to spend some time with you after your shift too."

Tabby turned toward him and shot him a look. If her eyes were darts, then he would have been dead on the spot. It was at that point that she realized her relationship had gotten to the point that she had to start enforcing rule #1 of bartending: No boyfriends allowed at the bar while she was at work. She knew that they were at a point in the relationship where they were affectionate toward each other and it would effect her tips. Every bartender must appear to be single and flirt like she is single, even if she isn't in order to get good tips from men.

After her shift, Tabby went back to Dave's home. She was in awe of the size of his home, the expensive decorations that most likely cost more than her car and the beautiful landscaping. She felt like she did not belong at first. This was where she wanted to be someday, but she didn't want it handed to her, she wanted to earn it.

Dave poured her a glass of wine as they made their way into his large media room. He grabbed a couple of remote controls off the glass end-table and pressed buttons until the projection tv began playing a movie. He took a seat next to her and kissed her warmly and passionately, sliding his tongue inside her mouth for the first time. She twirled her tongue with his and felt her body reacting to his kisses. Her body moved in close to him. They embraced each other and continued kissing for a few minutes until the movie started.

Tabby knew she would not be able to stay awake the entire movie. She was warn out, her mind was telling her to go home and go to bed, but her body stayed at rest in his comforting arms. She did her best to focus on the movie.

He had selected a romance movie, hoping it would be of interest to her. He did not particularly care about the movie and it was more of a pretext to allow her to stay awhile. He held her warm, soft body close, happy that she was here with him.

It didn't take long for her to doze off in his arms. He could hear her rhythmic breathing and looked down to find her eyes closed. He looked at her sweet face, focusing on her high cheek bones and luscious lips. He was drawn to her lips. Before he knew it, his head moving toward her head. He adjusted his body so that he could reach her lips with his own. Softly, he kissed the outside of her lips a few times.

She softly started to kiss back. His warm skin on her mouth had awoken her. She did not open her eyes, focusing on the tactile sensations. She reached her arms up and wrapped them around his head, adjusted her body until she was lying down and pulled him on top of her. The movie acted as background noise to which they were no longer interested.

Dave put his hands in her hair and stroked the back of her head. Tabby arched her back, feeling a cold chill run down her spine. She moaned softly into his mouth, letting him know he was making the right moves.

After a few minutes of heavy kissing, Tabby wanted to jump his bones. She was excited and feeling very horny. The voice in the back of her head continued to tell her to wait. She did her best to ignore the voice but eventually gave into her senses and submersed her urges. She rolled onto her side, sliding him against the couch. This freed her body and allowed her to give him one last kiss before sitting up.

"I have to go before this goes further than I am prepared to go. I am sorry." she explained.

The look on his face told her he was disappointed. She felt bad for him and knew she never should have kissed this long unless she was prepared to go further. "Please stay," he begged.

She looked down and saw that he was aroused. She heard conflicting voices in her head, one telling her to go for it and the other telling her to go home. Instead of choosing one or the other, she compromised and knelt down on the floor. She unbuckled his belt and unzipped his pants. Dave readjusted and lay on his back, pushing his pants and underwear down to his ankles. He leaned up and pulled her mouth to his face and kissed her deeply.

His kiss was the most passionate kiss she had ever experienced. She had to pull away before she stripped all of her own clothes off and climbed on top of him. Sitting back down on the heels of her feet, she pulled his pants and underwear off his ankles, placing them over the far arm of the couch. She heard him gasp when she wrapped her hand around his swollen member and started to slowly stroke him.

The hardness of his dick told her that he was pretty excited. She leaned forward and ever so softly surrounded the head of his dick with her lips. She felt his hips rise slightly off the couch cushion. His hips continued to rise as her mouth moved further down his pole. She could feel the intense heat of his dick in her mouth.

Using her right hand, she started stroking the base of his dick while bobbing her head up and down. His increased breathing and moans let her know it would not take long for him to finish. She wondered how long it had been since he last had female contact. As a change of pace, she used the thick part of her tongue and ran it up and down the under side of his swollen member. She could feel it throbbing on her tongue.

Ready to give him the pleasure she imagined he had been desiring for a few weeks now, she slid her wet lips over his dick one more time, hearing a grown in response. She expertly bobbed her head up and down the length of his hard dick until she felt his body clinch tightly. She prepared for the semen shower and felt his hot juices burst inside the back of her throat.

Her mother had told her a few years back that giving a man a blowjob will hold him off from demanding sex for a little while and is a great way to diffuse the situation when a man is pressing for sex. She found it to be very useful information.

After wiping the excess semen off the side of her mouth, Tabby gave him a quick peck on the cheek and said, "Goodnight".

The next day at work, Allison was pressing her for answers. Allison could see an extra pep in Tabby's step and continued to pester her until she spilled the beans, per se'. Tabby didn't like to share many details of her sexual life, especially with her co-workers, but she needed to shut her co-worker up.

"Did you finally sleep with him, miss Tabitha?" Allison pressed.

"No." Tabby exclaimed. "I gave him head Ally. That was all. And so you know, I am not going to continue giving you updates from here on out. You will just have to use you imagination."

"That is a start." Allison said with a smirk. "It won't be long...and I will know when you have slept with him, trust me."

Tabby turned away from Allison and walked to the opposite end of the bar. She could feel her face warm up and knew that she was blushing. It embarrassed her to talk about her sexual exploits. She finished the opening preparations and walked to the front of the pub, unlocking the door and turning the "Open" sign on.

Dave did not come into the pub Saturday night. Instead, he sent her a text thanking her for coming over and told her he couldn't wait to spend more time with her soon. At the end of the night, Tabby collected her tips and walked to her car. An envelope was sitting between her driver's side window and the black rubber seal. She grabbed the envelope, unlocked her door and opened it then sat down in the driver's seat. After closing her car door, she opened the envelope and found a coupon inside.

The coupon was one line that read, "One free night of pleasure, date and time of your choosing." Tabby shook her head back and forth as she smiled ear to ear. She could feel herself blushing again. She didn't know why, but the thought of the coupon was turning her on. The pub was packed all night and she needed to unwind a little, so she drove around town for a half hour before arriving at her apartment. She lay down to sleep but could not sleep even though she was tired. Her mind was too active. Thoughts of the night before and envisioning future events drifted through her mind until she finally fell asleep.

At 11am the next morning, she heard her cellphone buzzing. She wiped the sleep from her eyes and looked at her phone; it was Dave.

"Hello." she said in a sleepy tone.

On the other end, she heard Dave say, "Good morning Tabby. I am sorry I woke you. I didn't know what time you would be getting up. Would you be interested in going out for brunch?"

"Brunch? What is that?" she asked while giggling.

She could hear him giggling on the other end, "You don't know what brunch is? It is breakfast and lunch together for those times when you wake late and it is too late for breakfast, yet too early for lunch."

"Ohhhh! Hmmm." She contemplated out loud. "I don't know. I just woke up and I am a mess. It will take me awhile to get ready."

Completely ignoring her comment, Dave replied, "Sounds good. I will be there in 30 minutes."

Tabby started to say, "Thirty minutes?" in a surprising voice but the line was dead. She couldn't believe he hung up on her like that. Thirty minutes would not be enough time. She tried dialing his number back but it went right to voice mail. She tried again two more times a minute later and both times it went directly to voice mail. She couldn't believe he turned his phone off as well.

Looking at the clock, she now had 28 minutes so she hurried into the shower to wash and do a quick leg shave then put on panties and searched for clothes to wear. Most of her clothes were on the floor dirty. She had been so busy that she hadn't had a chance to do laundry yet. Today, Sunday, was the day she had planned on washing her clothes.

She had no idea where they were going to eat so she didn't know how to dress. She couldn't get more information from Dave because his phone was off. She said, "To hell with it" and put on a pair of black jogging shorts and a "Black Sabbath" t-shirt, pulled her hair back into a pony tail and did a light makeup session. A horn beeped twice outside her apartment when she was applying eye liner. She pulled the curtain back and looked down at the road. She saw Dave's car parked on the side of the road.

It took her a few seconds to put on socks and sneakers. She heard the horn honk one more time as she was rushing down the stairs toward the front door. She locked her apartment door behind her and hurried to his Mercedes.