Love Will Find a Way

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well," she said, "we'd better get to eating. Might not have the lights very much longer."

"I'm sure you have candles, don't you?" asked Charlie.

"Yes, I do. I'd better get them."

Margie got several candles, placing one in the living room, and two on the dining room table. Charlie lit them for her while she set the food out on the table. As he lit the dining room candles, he noticed his meal for the night. A delicious beef stew, freshly baked rolls, and butter covered green beans. This woman was uncanny...she must read minds, he thought. He parked himself in the chair she indicated and they began to eat this wonderful meal. But, to be honest, Charlie would've eaten pig slop to be with this charming woman.

Several times during the meal the lights flickered again, but they were prepared with the candles. The storm growled ever closer, the lightning bolts becoming more and more vehement in their jagged earthward journeys.

The storm loomed directly overhead as they reached the end of the meal. Their delightful conversation during the meal, covering everything from the US's triumphs and tragedies in the Olympics to scary movies to recent medical marvels, continued during the cleaning up of the dishes. Charlie insisted on helping clean up, and with a smile Margie allowed his help. It was a way to continue the stimulating conversation that both of them had enjoyed immensely. As Margie handed Charlie a plate to dry, Charlie moved close to her and said,

"I have a confession to make."

Margie could only look at him, curiosity in her eyes...and perhaps a touch of expectation.

"It seems I've made a terrible mistake," he said, his eyes filled with apparent remorse. "It seems you were right...that was a Zone episode after all."

Margie, cueing on Charlie's somber looking face, expected some earth-shattering confession, and when she realized he was using his wonderful sense of humor to tease and play with her, she laughed a hearty laugh that made Charlie smile.

"Charlie, you are something," she said, wiping tears of laughter from the corners of her eyes, "but I knew I was right. Always listen to me, Charlie. You can't go wrong if you do."

"I have been listening to you, Margie...all day. And I confess I not only enjoy it immensely, but I have rarely enjoyed hearing anyone talk as much as I have you today. You are such a joy to talk to."

Margie blushed, and for the first time that day she seemed at a loss for words. But then she recovered quickly and quipped, "Another confession, Charlie? You keep that up and you're going to have to start a diary."

She looked at him and he at her. Their eyes locked for several seconds, and what they saw in each other's eyes at that moment was something that they would both remember for many years to come.

Margie broke the silence first. "Well, let's finish these up, shall we?" indicating the few remaining dishes to be taken care of.

Just then a lightning bolt seared through the sky, seeming to land less than half a block from the little apartment. The thunderclap was instantaneous. And the lights were gone.

Standing there in the candlelit kitchen, neither of them said anything for a few seconds. Then Margie said, "Well, I guess these dishes can be put off until later. No sense in washing them by candlelight."

Charlie agreed and they went to the table, each taking a candle, and then walked in the wavering light into the living room. With the electricity completely out, there was nothing to do but sit and chat on the sofa, which both seemed to be eminently happy to do.

Charlie sat in the center of the sofa, leaving room on either side for Margie, not know- ing if she had a preference, leaning forward to place his candle on the coffee table along with the one placed there earlier. Margie sat to his right, putting her candle on the end table next to the sofa.

The conversation started off reasonably enough about the weather. They talked for what seemed only minutes, but when Charlie checked his watch, hours had flown by.

The conversation continued, Charlie not wanting it to ever end, and so engrossed in their talk were these two that neither had noticed what had happened between them. At some point in the conversation, Margie had slipped off her shoes. She had swung her leg over and was resting her thigh on Charlie's. And, even more amazing, Charlie was gently rubbing her thigh and calf, his hand having pushed up her sun dress on one of its earlier treks along her leg. They both noticed this at the same time, and neither had any clue how long it had been going on.

Charlie stammered out an apology, and Margie was a bit flushed, but neither made a move to alter the situation. They smiled and were at a loss as to what to do. But then the new Charlie emerged.

"Does this bother you? If it feels good, I'm willing to continue...if it's ok with you, that is. If not, I'll give my hand a stern warning never to take such liberties again."

"It feels wonderful, Charlie. Don't stop on my account." she stated, her warm smile returning and her red facial glow subsiding.

Again the talking continued, as did the leg rubbing. Not very long after this, Charlie mustered up every ounce of courage he could dredge up from his core and he bumbled out, "Margie, I've had such a wonderful time today. I mean, I'm sorry I ran you down and all, but...you are just so delightful...I mean...well...I'd like to...do you think we could be..."

Margie leaned over and grabbed Charlie's face and pulled him to her. She placed a kiss on his mouth, pressing her lips against his.

"Charlie, you're delightful, too. You are so warm and so much fun. We seem to be on the same wavelength about almost everything."

"Except Zone versus Limits," Charlie interrupted, smiling.

"Well, that's only because I'm always right, Charlie. You might as well accept that and get used to it." she kidded. "But," she continued "how is it we've known each other at the office building for so many years but we've never met or even talked much before?"

"I don't know," he said, his head down, "but now I feel like I've wasted so much time. When I think of all the years we could've known each other and been friends..."

"Or more than friends, Charlie?"

"Yes, much more, I wish."

He started to say more, but he found Margie's index finger pressed to his lips. She reached down and took his hand in hers. She got up off of the sofa and urged him up as well. She turned and led Charlie along a hallway, stopping only to pick up one of the flickering candles.

"Now where are you taking me?" asked Charlie, dense as ever.

"Charlie, I'm taking you to my bedroom. Just like dinner, you have no choice in this. And when we get there, I'll expect you to rub more than just my leg."

Charlie had broken out in a sweat. His mind whirled as the flickering candle cast shadows along the walls of the hallway. Margie turned into a doorway and ushered Charlie through it. She set the candle down on what appeared in the darkness to be a hope chest. She pushed Charlie back about two or three steps, kissing him full on the mouth as she did. Her tongue played between his lips and she gently sucked those lips as well, ending their brief quivering. Then she backed up. In the flickering candle light, Charlie watched the flowery rose petal sundress float slowly to the floor.

He walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulders. He slid his hands down her arms and then along her sides and hips. He leaned forward to kiss her breasts above her bra. He unclasped the bra and continued the kisses. When he looked up into her eyes he saw desire...a sight he hadn't seen in a woman's eyes for so long he almost didn't recognize it.

They kissed passionately, and then both knew this was something special. Charlie put his hand around her waist, turning and leading her toward the bed. Again they kissed and her hands began to explore him as much as his did her. The rose petal dress was kicked aside and many other articles of clothing were soon to follow.

The flame in Charlie's heart was a full blown inferno now...and nothing would stop this night of passion. He knew now that he must surely love this woman...and he suspected she loved him as well. The how's and why's of it all were unimportant. All that mattered to either of them was that this was real and sweet and warm.

Their kisses burned long into the night...and neither Charlie nor Margie would ever be lonely again. The flame they'd ignited would burn for decades.

And never again would the humiliating wraiths enter Charlie's world...

12