Loving Silver Eyes Ch. 10

Story Info
Love can never be simple.
4.8k words
4.61
15.7k
24

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/18/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello everybody!!

Here's the 10th chapter... Uriziel, thank you so much for your help... And for my lovely readers, please rate vote and comment so that I know I'm going on the right direction..

Enjoy

Marie

*

Returning home felt great. The loud noises of NY were kind of making me feel sick. Two weeks there and I had more than enough of that city. I hated it there, every street, every turn I took; reminded me of what I had lost. But now I had a goal, I had to free Arianna. Yeah, I still wasn't comfortable with calling her mom so I stuck to her first name. Everyday after classes, we decided we would practice at Ayden's. I still couldn't think of how I would make granny understand but that would have to wait till later.

"I'm just glad you're back." Amy's voice brought me back to the lunch table.

"I am glad to be back..." I smiled at her. I had gone through so much and I couldn't tell her anything.

"Did you talk to Mr. Russell about your tests? I hope he'll agree on allowing you with your tests..."

"Yeah, I hope so too..." I was at loss of words... so much had changed; I had nothing to talk about with my best friend. I sighed; it was going to be a long day before I can get back to what I really was.

* * *

"Dóiteáin celestial teacht go dtí mo chúnamh." I chanted for the third time that day as I traced the symbol on the air. As much as I was expectant, nothing happened.

"I am so sick of this!! I just want to go home..." I complained as Ayden looked at me with amused eyes.

"You just need to concentrate May..." Mrs. Castellan said from the doorway to the living room. "If you want a little help, you can think of something that makes you angry... although this is not the right way, it will help you tap into your powers for the first time."

Hmm... make me angry... there was nothing I could think of and maybe she read my thoughts, she smiled.

"That is a good thing honey, not having anger towards anyone. Ok, we will try again tomorrow you shouldn't stress over it."

I was more than grateful when I walked out of the door. I wanted this to work, more than anything but I just couldn't 'tap' into my powers and it was getting me cranky.

"Ayden, you have to feed. I can get home by myself..." I said turning in his arms to face him. "I am capable of walking home."

He simply dipped his head and caught my lips with his, and I could feel myself melting into him. His hands were moving beneath my shirt and I had to lean against him to keep standing. He really had to stop doing that.

"Quit it! Your dad's waiting..." I said breathlessly. If he kept that up we would end up some place else and I didn't want that... well I did but not now when I had to worry about my tests.

"Mmm... but I had something else in my mind." He whispered into my ears, his teeth nipping the lobes gently and that voice, it made my knees go weak.

"Yeah, we can get to that later..." I whispered back, trying to get out of his embrace but he pulled me back. I ran my hands along his body, inhaling his addictive scent. I couldn't remember how or when the sexual heat increased between us this much. I have always wanted him but now, I could barely keep my hands and mouth off him. "Right now you really need to go..." I said trying my best to push him away.

"Ok. But we're not done." He said, kissing my hair and letting me go. I smiled as I walked away. I couldn't imagine how my day would go without him.

The evening was getting chilly and I cursed myself for not bringing the Bug. It reminded me of mum and every time I was inside it, emotions would just take over me; anger, misery, loneliness... but I guess I had to get over it some day. I was just mad because had I known I had these powers, maybe I could have saved her life. Sure, I still couldn't use them but just maybe...

I sighed. I had to stop thinking about this; I had more pressing issues... I guess. When I got home, granny wasn't there. So I popped a bowl of pasta into the microwave and headed upstairs for a shower. A long hot shower was what I needed right now.

It took me about three seconds to realize I wasn't alone. I hurriedly switched on the lights to find Hidie sitting on my bed.

"Hello Mayira!" she exclaimed with a sweet smile but I had a feeling there was nothing sweet behind her intentions. She always gave me these vibes...

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I said, trying to look nonchalant but she was giving me the creeps.

"Oh, I just heard you lost your mom so I came by to give my condolences." She said getting up and walking towards the window.

"Oh! Well, thank you... that was really nice of you--."

"Stay away from Ayden..." she stopped me in mid-sentence. "He is mine..."

"Uh... What?" I had no expected this.

In a moment she was beside me, and she was smelling me- which was really weird.

"I can smell him on you... wasn't my first warning enough for you?"

"Uhh... What warning? This is the first time we're talking..."

"Oh you know, that small incident in Gearhart? You were supposed to be dead but that fucking human messed up." She said slowly fingering a picture of me and Ayden together. She picked it up and observed it.

"I wanted to give you all the pain in the world, Mayira so your poor mother had to lose her life just because you came in between me and Ayden." she said shattering the ceramic frame around the picture into pieces.

I couldn't believe my ears... what was she saying?

"Y- you... you got my mum killed? It wasn't an accident?" I didn't know what to say or what to do... I had to sit down so I slumped on a chair beside me.

"Oh no, it was no accident. You see, I was the one driving that jeep and I made sure she wouldn't make it. I wanted to get someone else to do it but you humans just screw things up. So I had to get my hands dirty." I couldn't believe it, she was behaving as if she's killed a pesky fly or a spider... it was my mum... my hands were trembling, and I couldn't see anything...

"How could you?" I tried standing up but I couldn't. And suddenly she was crouching beside me.

"Ohh, now are you going to cry? Oh no, the little princess is going to cry for her mommy..." she said with mock sympathy but in a flash her hand was around my throat, her eyes turning white.

"What..."

"Oh, today is your last day here... then you can join your poor mommy." Her hands tightened around my throat. She murdered my mother, I didn't care about what she did to me, she killed my mother... it was then, I felt a click inside me and all I could see was red.

"How fucking could you?" I screamed as I grabbed her wrist with my both hands, trying to push it away as her sharp nails dug at my skin and the next thing I knew, she was screaming and her wrist was a sizzling mess.

"What the hell are you?" she screamed and granny chose the same moment to come into my room.

"Oh my god!" Granny gasped as Hidie flew out of the window, leaving the room smelling of something similar to sulfur.

I gripped the arms of the chair, I couldn't take it anymore. Everything came flooding back into my head, the memories of her car flipping and crashing, her pale and expressionless face at the morgue... I missed her twinkling eyes, her warm smile... why was I going through all of this? I could feel tears gushing along my cheeks; I couldn't hold myself together anymore. I knew I had to be strong but this was the limit of my endurance...

I covered my face with my hands and screamed into them. All this time I had done all that was humanly possible to no to be weak, specially after the funeral I had convinced myself that her death was an accident and there was nothing I could do about it, I had told myself over and over again that it was not my fault she was dead but in the end, it was. If I hadn't met Ayden, mum would still be alive... I was correct, it wasn't Hidie who killed my mom it was me; I was a murderer...

Granny rushed to me and held me but that just made things worse... I felt like I was loosing the grip on sanity. I just wanted to crumble into nothingness... this pain was just too much for me. I supposedly had two mothers and both were dead because of me. One died trying to save my sorry life and the other died without a reason. It all made sense now, I was the root of all the trouble my loved ones had to go through! My whole family was gone and I was the single cause. I kept screaming until I was hoarse, hoping it would help what I felt inside but I just felt empty...

I felt footsteps in my room and granny shrieked. I didn't need to look up to know who it was, Ayden's familiar smell washed over me but I was in no condition to look at him. What if I caused his downfall as well? What if I endangered his life?

"What happened?" he gasped falling down beside me. He hugged me, trying to calm me down but I wanted to punish myself for all I had caused...

"I think your cousin Hidie killed my daughter-in-law." Granny stated in a stern voice.

"What?" Ayden seemed surprised. Maybe granny heard all of my conversation with Hidie, I didn't care. There was a moment's silence before I heard a loud crash and I looked up.

"That bitch!" he roared as he smashed his hand against the wall leaving a huge hole there. I instinctively got up to hold his hand, worried if he'd hurt himself. I looked at him, his eyes dangerously white, his fangs elongated and his nails frighteningly long. There were black lines around his eyes and the sight triggered my memory to the last time he looked like this. The result had been very ugly. Granny could be in danger and she was standing by the door totally white, so I asked her to leave us alone for a moment. She was reluctant, but she agreed and left.

"I am so sorry May..." he murmured against my hair, pulling me close to him.

"She didn't kill mum, I did..." I said. I was surprised at how strong my voice sounded, but I was telling the truth.

"What- what do you mean? And why can't I read your thoughts?" he looked into my eyes, worry etched across his beautiful features.

"I don't care Ayden, leave me alone... it is good for you if you stay away from me..." I said looking away, trying to get out of his arms. I was not gifted, I was cursed and the curse destroyed every one I'd ever loved.

"May, look at me... please tell me why..." he pleaded.

"Mum got killed because I am in love with you!" I yelled. "Hidie loves you Ayden and she couldn't see us together so my mum had to suffer... If I had never met you this would have not happened... it is all my fault..." I repeated again. The more I said it the more true it sounded.

"How can you blame us for something she did?" he asked; his silver eyes boring into my soul. For the first time I felt intimidated by him, not scared but intimidated. After all, he'd been living for such a long time, and though I treated him like a normal boyfriend, today I would see the other side of him.

"I am not blaming us Ayden, I am blaming me. I am the cause Arianna died and I'm the cause mum died..." I wanted to go cry by myself but he wouldn't let go of my hands.

"Look at me..." he growled, holding my chin and making me face him. "It is not your fault your mum was killed, and it's definitely not your fault Arianna died... things happen May, things over which you have no control. What do you think, all the time I've been alive I was the same as you see me today? I Like That a lot more May you haven't seen anything! You lose people, you lose friends, that's how life goes! You can't go around blaming yourself for everything that goes wrong in your life."

"It's easy to preach Ayden, but it's difficult when you have to go through with it..." I mumbled, unable to withstand the intensity of his glare.

""I haven't told you this May, and I don't know if I'll be regretting I ever did but there is a side of me you haven't seen... when you saw me in that alley all those months ago, that is no comparison to how worse I can get..."

I could hear the pain and remorse in his voice. I wanted to soothe his pain but I was immobile, staring at the pain in his eyes.

"It was about a century ago, I was really good friends with a girl called Rayne. She was a headstrong werewolf; the sister of my best friend Rowan and she was like a little sister to me too... We were goofing around in the mountains one day, running and trying to beat each other. She dared me to try and track her down and I was eager to practice my tracking abilities. So I waited about an hour as she masked her scent and went off tracing her. She was perched at the edge of a cliff, behind a large rock. If it hadn't been for the glint from her earring I'd have never noticed her so I decided to give her a spook. I got on top of the boulder she was hiding behind and gave a loud growl. I never thought she'd be so startled... she fell off the cliff head first.

"For a second I stood there frozen and I was that much late from saving her. I jumped after her but she landed on the rocks almost a thousand feet below. She didn't even get the time to shift... if she had, she'd be alive today. I couldn't believe I did that to her, I killed her in a literal way... I just sat there with her body cradled in my arms for months. I sprang and attacked anyone who tried to get close, and once when they tried too hard, I lashed at Rowan and he ended up losing the left whole of his face and he lost one of his brothers as well. Things got so bad; I almost started a war between the vampires and the Weres.

It took me 15 years to get back to a stage where I could be with another being in the same room. May, things happen and time passes making the wounds less fatal by the minute. Today I am here, in love with you and I could not be happier and today I have the guts to face Rowan and although the sight of his scarred face still reminds me of what I did to him, I know my apologies will not bring Rayne back. We have moved past that and so will you. I know losing your mum like this is difficult to deal with but you will have to understand, blaming yourself for something some one else did will not make it any easier."

I didn't know what to say or do. I just stood there looking at the pain in his eyes as he relived that fateful happening again. I had never known he'd been through something like that and I wanted to make sure, that he telling me about it, would not go to waste.

"But..." I started when he yanked me towards the window.

"You're coming with me..." he growled.

"Where-" I started asking as he carried me piggyback and jumped out of the window.

I could feel the wind numb my face as we raced towards his home. I couldn't talk, I couldn't say anything...

"Hidie!!!" he screamed as soon as we were inside. I could actually see the chandeliers vibrating because of his voice.

"What is wrong honey?" Mrs. Castellan was downstairs is a flash.

"Mother, where is Hidie? I need to talk to her now!"

"She's in her room; she said something about recording a new solo with Ann."

I could hear him snarl under his breath, he zapped towards her room and in seconds, they were on the top of the stairs.

"Ayden let me go. I am not going anywhere with you..." she yelled, holding the marble banister. He simply yanked her downstairs and the part of the railing she was holding shattered.

"What is wrong?" Mrs. Castellan asked again, worried. Ayden looked at her and their eyes met for a second and she gasped.

"How dare you? How fucking dare you try to harm my mate!" he yelled. I was trembling all over, partly because of the cold and partly because of his rage but she didn't so much as flinch.

"I have no idea what you're talking about..." she said instead, as if nothing had happened.

"You have no idea? You tried to get May killed and you murdered her mother, that's what I'm talking about. How can you still be standing here so calmly? You killed a human being..." he was pacing all over the room. I wanted to calm him down but I didn't have the guts.

"What? She's lying Ayden!" she gasped, turning towards me. "Why would I kill her mother or harm her? Why would you lie, May? Why would you lie of something like that? And what proof do you have of me threatening you?"

"I am not lying!" I whispered, unable to speak up. I remembered the way mum's car had crashed. "I don't need to lie, you told me yourself. And about the proof, did you forget your wrist?"

She glanced at her hand, it had not healed yet.

"You're sick... you really thought I'd believe in you instead of her??" Ayden hissed, trying to control his anger and then I could see something change in her. In a flash, she was behind me and her teeth were inches from my neck.

"She did the mistake of coming between us Ayden, she deserved everything... I love you and no one can take you away from me, specially this thing..." she looked at me as I was a pile of shit.

She reared her head to bite me when I was thrown on the floor and instead, Ayden was behind her, his hands on her head. It looked as if he was about to snap her neck but I had to stop him.

"Ayden, no!" I said. What would be the difference between her and us if we take her life just like that? But she killed my mum... I was so torn between getting that sweet revenge and doing the right thing... but I guess I had to be the nice one...

"I don't need your fucking mercy!" she screeched at me. "I'd rather die in your hands Ayden..." she murmured her tongue snaking out and licking his ear.

He pushed her away, disgusted. "If I so much as smell you around her again, I swear I am going to hunt you down and kill you. Now you better get the fucking hell out of here before I change my mind..." he said walking towards me.

"You'll fucking pay for this bitch!" she whispered with malice in her voice and within moments, she was gone.

"Honey, we are really very sorry..." Mrs. Castellan apologized. "Our kind has caused you so much loss..." I could see remorse in her clear eyes and I was running short of words when Annabell chipped in.

"Why is everyone getting emotional all of a sudden?" And when Ayden looked at her, she gasped. "May, I am really sorry! We never realized she would drop down to that level of insanity! I've always known she had a thing for Ayden, but I never knew she'd end up doing anything like this!"

"Annabell it really isn't anyone's fault... and we have a bigger problem, Ayden can't get into my head anymore!" I exclaimed hoping it would help change the topic.

"Really?" Mrs. Castellan approached be immediately and placed a hand on my cheek. She looked into my eyes intently for a few moments before she blinked.

"It is true, but not surprising. There is magic inside you and now that you've tapped into your powers, it is important to keep your thoughts from prying minds..."

"But I don't want my thoughts locked up..." I complained. It used to feel a lot better when Ayden could hear my thoughts.

"Don't worry, there is a way you can make that happen. We will go over it during our training."

"Mrs. Castellan, there is one more problem, Granny knows about you... she doesn't know what you are but she saw Hidie and Ayden... So she knows you're not normal and she also knows about me..."

"Well, I can see that Hidie has caused more than enough trouble for a day... May you should get back..." Mrs. Castellan looked kind of mad.

"But granny's going to be ok right? I mean she knows your secret..."

"She'll be fine honey, just tell her that it is to remain a secret..." she replied smiling towards me.

I sighed... this was a lot... how much more could my mind take before I really do go crazy? Ayden's story showed me that I was acting irrationally before but would that stop me from trying something stupid if I broke again?

* * *

12