Lydia's Dream Ch. 13-14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pam was so excited about this that she undertook an effort to contact other restaurants in the area and solicit their participation. By the end of her campaign, she had 32 restaurants donating their unused prepared food to nine different shelters around the city and in neighboring Rossville, Georgia. The mayor of Chattanooga heard about this and awarded Pam with an outstanding service to the community award at a city council meeting one night. Other cities contacted Pam to learn about this effort so, hopefully, it will spread.

Janie and Fred were able to get together several times when she went to Greenville to meet with the architect. She shared with Pam that their relationship was expanding and she was finding more and more reasons to fall in love with him.

At the end of March, we assembled for Ruth and Rudy's wedding. My parents were in attendance along with dozens of Rudy's friends from Spartanburg. The church was full for the Saturday afternoon service and many happy smiles were shared. Pam, Jerri and Janie were bridesmaids and Rudy's brother Leo, David and I stood with Rudy.

The reception was in the fellowship hall at the church. The ladies of the church had prepared trays and trays of great finger foods and we had a very nice time meeting and visiting with all of their friends. Janie was with Fred the entire time and they looked more and more like a couple.

Rudy and Ruth honeymooned at a resort in Florida. It was obvious from one call made to Pam that they were have a fantastic time, having visited Cape Canaveral and two of the Disney parks.

****

In April 2012, I asked Pam to spend a long weekend at a large resort named "Blackberry Farm" near the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. My dad had known the owners for many years, and consulted with them on menu items. The majestic mountains surround the 4200-acre farm, and it's one of my favorite places. It is routinely rated among the best for fine dining and accommodations in the country.

We were assigned the lovely and secluded Holly Glade Cottage Suite with a wood-burning fireplace. Saturday morning, we fulfilled one of Pam's wishes by going fly-fishing for trout in the pristine tranquility of Hesse Creek. The morning air was cool but the fish were active and hungry. We each caught two and hooked many more only to lose them as they fought our hooks. Of course, we released the four that were landed and marveled at the beauty of their rainbow colors as they slid back into the cool water. Pam was euphoric.

That afternoon, we took a long walk to enjoy the serenity of the mountains. The trail passed many stately white trilliums and other spring wildflowers. When we came to a meadow, I gazed up at the ancient mountains and decided this was the place. I took Pam's hand and dropped to my knee.

As tears rushed to her eyes, I said, "Pamela, in the six months we've known each other, I've learned for the second time in my life what real love is. We've had happy times and sad times but through it all, my love for you has grown. I believe that God brought us to this point and I'm kneeing here this afternoon to ask if you will marry me."

She dropped to the ground on her knees in front of me and cried for several moments while I held her. Pam pulled back and looked deep into my eyes and said, "Yes, I will. I know that God introduced us but you loved me into loving you."

I took an engagement ring from my pocket and slipped in on her finger. Pam was shaking with emotion. We sat there on the cool ground with her in my arms watching the sunset over the mountain. As darkness covered us, we walked back to the room and started a fire to cut the chill. Our hearts were on fire with passion as we undressed each other and crawled under the covers.

End of Chapter 14. The final chapter is next up, hopefully tomorrow. Please vote and leave comments.