All Comments on 'Lyin' Eyes Ch. 07'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 435 Comments (Page 5)
sillylover723sillylover72310 months ago

I actually prefer when these end up in reconciliation. It always seems that the cheater is lost somehow. Nice touch with the reminder about the black camisole. Surprised that it didn't come up again, but I suppose it didn't need to. Thanks for the story!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"I think some men will see me as a cuckold in the ancient sense of the word, a wimp to be scorned by every man I meet,"

It's good he thought that because there is no excuse for being a cuckold doormat and doing the fool me once it's my fault fool me twice it's your fault.

Of course sentients would see him as a cuckold and wimp because none other would put up with that much abuse and go back to the abuser.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A horrible story of a sick cheating whore and a worthless wimp cuck

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No doubt Little Chris is mulatto.

Speechless2025Speechless20258 months ago

This was a beautiful series. Thank you.

usaretusaret8 months ago

Wonderful ending, it came a long way.

Quaker0186Quaker01867 months ago

This was a great story and definitely in the top % of reads I have completed for about a year. Well done and keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I've known people with PTSD,

and I've had friends who, for lack of a better word, had their minds broken during aweekend, and not from any physical damage mind you.

To me it's beyond any concrete understanding, when you see someone literally have a mental breakdown and revert back to being an infant mentally, and never returning back to their regular selves.

As for this story,

I get the objective of what the author is trying to do, that is, make a correlation between her cheating and aunt's death.

She subconsciously believed that successful happy families cheat on their partners.

On a psychological level, though...

It's a bit off.-

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow!!, I am so glad skipped over all the bullshit justifying of Laura being a cheating slut and her husband being a pathetic, closeted, cum sucking faggot. It is impossible to believe that a self assured, successful business man would feel the need to burden himself with something like this even with all the psychobabble spewed be his vp. Yeah, the grandson might not have evil intent when he kills his mom but she's still dead. And everyone has to deal with the consequences of that action.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fast forward 15 years and someone buys a DNA kit for your youngest and you find out they aren't your's. THAT's how these stories really end.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I am shocked this story got above a 3. Must be a lot of people out there who would take back their spouse because they were walking through the house and just happened to fall on that dick lying there.

Anyone who would even consider comparing cheating to cancer is an idiot. Not one person on the planet ever CHOSE to get cancer. Cheating is ALWAYS a choice. Actually a ton of them.

*They CHOSE to go to a bar with their co-worker

*They CHOSE to drink too much

*They CHOSE that first touch

*They CHOSE that first kiss

*They CHOSE to leave with them

*They CHOSE to get in that car

*They CHOSE to get out at the hotel or house

*They CHOSE to walk in the door

*They CHOSE to take off their clothes

*They CHOSE to have sex

At any point they could have stopped. In this story the woman CHOSE to do it over and over again while her husband BEGGED her to stop.

Stories like this only perpetuate the image that cheating is an accident or it's not the cheaters fault.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Knowing the resolution of a spouses pathology is a fragile aspiration with highs and not so highs is an ongoing struggle. Understanding and the tools to cope are better. Peace, harmony and happiness are all the more treasured as ephemeral periods in the 'real world. Good Luck!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not convinced. The story sets out to prove that cheaters have no agency in their lives and action. They are, somehow, simply swept along by tides of unseen forces. Once again the person making that argument fails. It is nothing more than an excuse for selfishness and self indulgence.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It brought tears to my eyes, love and trust can be so fragile, but forgiveness is the foundation of Love.

davezqdavezq5 months ago

Very moving conclusion. A lot of words to pursue some complex ideas. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The phrase "train wreck" comes to mind about this story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

How are you able to write so much bullshit in seven different chapters?

Norseman123Norseman1234 months ago

Worth the wait 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Modern superstitions deployed to exploit the overly sentimental achieving a result completely detached from reality.

J6480J64804 months ago

Good tale overall but sections 4 & 5 could be just 1. Overall 5 stars for the series. To the anoners, People its fiction & the author (sometimes me) has licence to tell their story anyway they wish. If you dont like it go to another tale. None of the tales on this platform is seeking a nobel prize for literature so get a life!!

Martyr2002Martyr20024 months ago

Its been years and I still go back and read your stuff. You will probably never see this but the issues I have with the recon are found here and I quote your story to help. Carl says "if you were just meeting a young divorced woman--call her, oh, I don't know...Laura?--and you were thinking of committing to a deep relationship with her, would you ask her...would you even be interested...in how many times she'd had sex before she met you, what kind of sex it was, and with whom? ". This is a false dichotomy, if he were to find a divorced woman or single mother down the line, they haven't made promises of monogamy to one another yet. Who she's been with before, who he's been with are irrelevant.

He also compares her mental illness to cancer which, while closer, is still a poor analogy. Loosing her hair and getting weak and maybe dying at the end is no where like a disease where the person's personality does a complete 180. They go out of their way to destroy everything around them, including themselves. They might not be completely culpable for their actions, but its another thing to ask a person they have hurt so deeply to remain in a loving relationship with them, stay married/remarry them and have another child with them.

FallschirmjagerFallschirmjager3 months ago

In reading the LW genre I finally noticed a distinct break in the themes around 2017-2020, where it went from talking about the damage done by infidelity, to todays trend to glorify cokulding, and the victims not only acquiescence but full on acceptance of their “role” to submit to their spouses actions

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@Fallschrimjaeger nails it in the comment just below. It was in the 2012-2015 when online gamers began to throw around the word "cuck" and "cuckold" as an insult. it was a word dug up from the Georgian and Victorian times that wasn't even an overt insult. I actually think it came from /b/ and /pol/ on 4Chan (where the meme was invented). It slowly percolated onto Internet sites, Reddit, blogs, and the entirety of the gaming community. The old "letters to the editors" stories about wife sharing, wife watching, and associated kinks suddenly embraced the word. The fetishists and hardcore freaks who dreamed of sexualizing their wives using other men suddenly had a NAME! Then, the backlash began where anything but thermonuclear BTB is deemed "cuck sh*t" and even includes marriage reconciliation. You can see it evolve in the comments of stories from the early- to mid-2010s.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As a family law attorney who occasionally works with investigators to gather evidence of infidelity or neglect, one hard and fast rule is always missing in these stories: If there is a chance for reconciliation, DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO! Not just the graphic ones--even CCTV and security tapes of a couple holding hands, necking, dancing, or even having a quiet meal can populate those "mind movies" that betrayed partners (especially men) struggle with. Carl would've known that and kept away Mark.

dinotail2023dinotail20232 months ago

love your stories, wish you were still writing, you are one of the best here.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wow just wow. This story was so well written from the characters to the recovery it has to be in the top 10 and the best in this category I have read. It never disappointed and was not predictable but very logically sequenced. Thanks for sharing.

TommywinklesTommywinklesabout 1 month ago

Me personally can't see why Laura would lie to her husband and swear she wouldn't cheat on him while having sex with a man at the same time. I can't see anything to convince me the Dr/Therapist could explain. this is only my opinion and not meant to criticize you as a writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 stars…faith, hope and love…and the greatest of these is love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Pretty obvious why the writer doesn't write anymore. In these times, his fragile protagonists would get slammed by the more multi-dimensional and heavily arced protagonists after the turn of the decade. Read this story after being referred to it by a remade version of it on another site. That story was SO MUCH better than this multi-part tragedy.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 1 month ago

If this was in fetish, it would be a decent story.

OldbuddyOldbuddy29 days ago

Lots of negativity in the comments. Perhaps from our own sense of right, wrong, wanting justice. What's fair, what's not. That is why this is good. It provokes thought. Whether we agree or disagree with Mark, most of us would agree with Carl. We can forgive our child, but we can not forgive our spouse. Interesting.

TruthvsTraditionTruthvsTradition19 days ago

I’ve been a marriage counselor and have also experienced in my personal life much of what is expressed in this section of stories. I have focused on the best writers especially over past few the years. This series is by far the most realistic and profound of anything I’ve read.

Some great authors have commented that these writings can be well beyond titillation, revenge or erotic outlets. I agree. The reader is afforded the chance while reading to greater understand their personal experiences as well as the human condition behind it all. There is great value in that and it may even approximate, duplicate or even exceed what can be achieved through professional counseling…. Probably because of the non threatening vicariousness as a reader.

I commend you for choosing the resolution of your ending. It was evidently not as easily composed as that of simple revenge. You developed it all carefully well. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

i see some comments about the hubby being weak ?? i think he was incredibly strong to work through the problems and not lose himself or his love for his wife .

mfbridgesmfbridges6 days ago

Yeah, someone below mentioned it. I guess I can understand why she might not be equipped to explain why she feels a certain way. But how do you explain her continuous repeating to Mark that there is no way she's cheating. I don't think that fits in with how Dr. explained things in story.

RustyReaderRustyReader6 days ago

Outstanding, human story. Well done

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous