Mack

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shadows

Mack continued to run in place; sweat dripped down his face as he tried to get away from the shadows. He tripped as the strength in his legs gave out and flew forward to the ground. He laid there thinking for a moment about the ramifications of his fall. He had actually moved forward on the ground. Mack got up quickly and dug his foot into the ground and tried to step forward. It succeeded! He could make a little headway by digging each foot into the ground and propelling himself forward; he slowly started to pick up speed moving like this.

The trees which moved around on the forest floor on their own started to move in front of him. The branches started to move lower to the ground attempting to block his path. He turned around and saw that the shadows were still there; ever there. They would not go away and; where previously they had stayed the same distance behind him, now since he had learned how to move on this hellish ground they had started to move closer to him. Mack had no choice now, he would have to face them. He stopped running and turned around to look at the shadows. They came at him with frightening speed. One of the trees branches swung around and hit him in the back. He caught himself before he fell and was able to duck a second branch. He grabbed the branch and pulled hard, ripping the limb from its socket. He immediately swung the branch around at one of the shadow's torso areas. The branch went right through the shadowy area causing Mack to swing wildly almost losing his balance. The shadows paused for a moment before they moved in and surrounded Mack. Their faces warped as large teeth grew out and gnashed at him again. Everything went dark around him.

"Nooooo!" Mack awoke in a hellish sweat that drenched clear through to the mattress as the phone rang in his hotel room bringing him out of his night terror. He got up slowly and stumbled over to the phone.

"He....Hello" He said into the phone.

"You just wake up?"

"Ya.....Ya I did. Whats up?"

"Look, I uh....would you like to join me for a cup of coffee?"

"Sure, I would love too."

"Great. I'm downstairs. I'll be waiting for you."

Mack hung up the phone slowly and shook his head fiercely.

The information from Archer must be here?

Mack grabbed his jeans off of the chair where he had thrown them last night. He looked in his closet and grabbed a fresh white shirt and his brown sports jacket before walking downstairs.

As he walked down the last few steps opening to the hotel lobby he saw Alex sitting alone at the bar. Her long curls flowed down her blue and green summer dress. She looked up from her thoughts as he approached. Her green eyes met with Michael's and there was a knowing understanding shared between them.

Man she is gorgeous

"Hi, Mack."

"Hi." Mack said as he took the bar stool next to her. He then looked at the bartender. "Lager, please."

"Look, can we ..... start over?"

The bartender put Mack's beer down in front of him. He took a long drink before answering.

"Sure thing, Green Eyes."

Alex looked at Michael for a moment as she took a sip of her espresso. She was as attracted to him now as she had been the first time they had met.

"I thought we were having coffee?" She smiled at him.

"I needed a hair of the dog. I've been having some ......interesting dreams lately." He wondered why he had just told her that.

"Interesting dreams?"

"Yea, its not important. Did Archer send the info through?"

"Yes I received it this morning. We should .... go.... up to your room, their on my laptop."

"Alright, but I'm not sleeping with you." Mack said bluntly.

That was a bit harsh of me

"That's good, Mack. I'm glad we both agree on that." She said coolly as she downed the rest of her espresso. "Should we go then?"

Mack paused before taking another long drink of his beer. "I....., that was a bit harsh, I apologize."

"Don't worry about it, water on a duck's back. I forgive you."

"Good." Mack motions towards the staircase. "After you."