Maeva's Predicament Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

" I wish to know it, to call you by your name." His words, soft and caring, surprised her.

" Maeva." She responded, although she was not sure why.

"A beautiful name. It is fitting to you. I believe it means

'intoxicating,' am I correct?" Looking at him she nodded. " Maeva, you must be exhausted, and cold. Let me have one of my servants draw you a bath."

"That won't be necessary." She responded.

" I insist. You will be much more comfortable." He left the tent briefly and returned with an older woman dressed in black carrying a large bucket that swashed with water. This woman quietly observed Maeva and turned to the Prince.

" Majesty I will have to insist you take your leave of us. This girl and I have much work to do and I want to make sure she has plenty of privacy." The woman spoke with authority. The Prince simply nodded, took a long look at Maeva with a smile lingering on his lips, and left the tent.

"Well my child, you are a mess. Let's get you cleaned up." With that the woman moved over to the fire and placed the heavy metal bucket on the coals. From her bag she removed a comb, lavender oil and a cloth. She turned to Maeva.

"How did you get into this mess? This is no place for a girl like you to be." She waved her hands about her in the air as she spoke.

" I, well, I was taken. I am engaged to be married to Lord Moore and I was walking to his manor, when out of nowhere a band of men surprised me in the wooded path and took me hostage."

" Shame, shame. A man should never let a woman be alone, especially not in times like this for your people." Maeva just stared at the old woman. She had a kind face, wrinkled gently over time from experience. Her smile was genuine and soft, making her eyes sparkle. Maeva felt calm for the first time since she had been kidnapped.

"What is your name girl?" The woman asked.

"Maeva, ma'am. What may I call you?"

" My name is Siobhan."

" That's an Irish name, are you Irish?"

" No ,no my dear, born and raised English!"

" I see."

Siobhan took the water bucket, now warm and moved it over to a wooden basin.

" Well Maeva, get in!" Maeva moved awkwardly towards the basin. " No worries girl, that Prince , if he listens to anyone he listens to me. I've been with him since he was just a baby. He won't be coming in to bother us." Maeva gave a weak smile and began to take off her torn gown. Siobhan moved behind her and began to unlace the corslette while Maeva worked on the front bit. Once it was removed and she was stripped she lowered herself into the basin. Siobhan began to help her clean. She poured the hot water over Maeva's head, wet the cloth, added some lavender oil and began to scrub the dirt from Maeva's arms.

"This Prince," Maeva began " is he always so..."

" Ah I know what you are going to ask, and no. He is not always so rough. In fact dear he usually never takes a woman to his quarters, let alone offer her a bath. There must be something he is interested in about you. Either that or he has plans to use you for negotiations with your Lord. You must look presentable in order to not provoke a fight." Siobhan finished.

"But, he told the men he always gets the noble women..." Maeva questioned.

"Well, yes. But often times they don't make it to his quarters. Or he just doesn't let them, instead placing them where they cannot be touched. Trust me on this. The Prince is a good enough man at heart and at home in England, but during war times men change..." Siobhan looked up at Maeva, " I don't know why I am trying to convince you of his goodness." She chuckled shaking her head.

Maeva pondered this for a while. In normal circumstances she might be very taken with the Prince. He was devilishly handsome and smooth. He was rich, powerful and strong. He could fight and command an army. What woman wouldn't want him? However, his rough treatment of her made her question his true intentions, and whether or not he was a good sort of man. She felt crazy for even thinking about him like that. She just met him. He was coarse and unsympathetic towards her. She realized she should not take his offers of comfort to heart. She needed to get home to her Lord and marry him.

" Well Maeva, all finished." Siobhan drew her out of her thought. " Your hair will take some time to dry so don't go outside." Maeva stood up and Siobhan wrapped a blanket around her to dry off. Siobhan gathered the bucket and her tools and began to leave. "As I am the only woman here tonight we don't have any clothes to spare. You'll have to make due with some of the Prince's clothes." She handed Maeva a white long-sleeved shirt and a pair of brown trousers. These clothes would be far too large for her. She looked at them, longing for one of her own gowns. " Put that on! No catching cold!" Siobhan scolded as if Maeva was a child. "I'll work on your dress, see if I can fix it up for you." And with that Siobhan left.

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Chapter 2?

Are you going to continue with this? I like this story a lot, so I hope that you do. :)

WhatdidJanetdoWhatdidJanetdoover 10 years ago
Great start!

Absolutely loved this story so far. Please keep writing!!

meh4912meh4912over 10 years ago
Loved it....

I hope the next chapter comes soon. Great work!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 10 years ago
An excellent effort for a first posting.

I see talent in your style and will be looking forward to the next chapter.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Traitor's Daughter Ch. 01 So it begins.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Dragon Master She is taught submission by a dragon.in NonHuman
Captured Eighteen-year-old girl kidnapped and taken.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Possession Ch. 01 What Beth will do for her family.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Prince of Darkness vs Prom Queen The Prince of Darkness meets his match.in Romance
More Stories