Majgen Ch. 007

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Planning to pick another one for mind scan, the Ottearon turned his attention back to the flock of male students.

Now that his own emotions were calm, he sensed them all clearly again. Their general mix of emotions was very similar to what it had been earlier. Some of those who had been most fearful, when he first took time to sense the crowd, were now more at terms with their fear. Some of those who had been very confident earlier, had now begun fearing they might get punished after all.

'This long after the girl's effect on them has ceased, they still don't feel guilt or shame for what has happened,' Weissme noted to himself. He allowed himself the luxury of a sigh, and rose his arm to point at another random young man.

His arm froze mid air as suddenly the book quotes, the ones which his semi-conscious had tried to tell him were missing, came to him:

'One symptom that makes self-hypnosis so hard to diagnoze for non-empaths is that the subject is usually unaware: he has been experiencing an altered mental state. The conclusions which were produced at the wrong level of consciousness (full, semi or sub), while the subject was under self hypnosis, will often remain at the wrong level of consciousness - even after the processes which caused them reverts to their proper level of consciousness...' he recited from - Trauma Induced Effects And How To Avoid Them.

'...Hence once a conclusion is made after a full logical process in the conscious mind, and a logical course of action is set, the process has become disinteresting to the primitive mechanics of the mind. Therefore when logical processes was made while the primitive mind was in effect, the person will no longer feel any need to review the process, to him it will seem that the course of action retained the full information for its own justification...' he recited from: Residues of Instinct in the Modern Human.

These quotes made the thought, which had been nagging Weissme, conscious. The thought behind the 'intellectual instinct', which had warned him to begin a cover up.

'My 'instinct' was off the mark, it underestimated the severity of this situation,' for a second Weissme forgot to breathe.'They still don't realize, that their feelings of anger and despise were not their own. They don't realize they were somehow hypnotized by the teenager's emotional conflicts. Oh Evil grief! If it becomes public knowledge that so high-ranked students can be pushed into letting their sub-conscious take over so easily...' He dared not finish the thought right then, not even to himself.

Ottearon Weissme did not pick a third student, instead he lowered his arm and went straight to the kitchen. Leaving all to stand still and wait again.

'There is no time for further scans,' he thought,'the distractions I've set in motion to keep the media off this story will not suffice at all. I need to create a bigger media scandal than the mentarion society has been exposed to in over two hundred years. This must remain hidden.'

He knew exactly how to create an immense scandal, he did not let himself feel guilt over the harm that would have to come to innocents. There would be plenty time for guilt when the mentarion ways were safe again.

----=(What Weissme realized)=----

If twenty-three drunk and drug-affected male Rank 1 students had assaulted a woman, in a drug-induced rage. the initial harm to goodwill against mentarions could have been rectified.

If a female student had been sufficiently stupid to break the rules and attend a male ranked-it-up party, and if such a student had been sufficiently reckless to do this while being in a self-destructive mood, and If drug-affected Rank 1 male students had assaulted such a female student - then the respect for mentarions could be maintained by moving the public focus towards the strict rules, that normally prevented that sort of incidents. Such a situation could even have been turned to strengthen the general respect for the mentarions' willingness to abide to such strict guidelines.

That day however, twenty-three Rank 1 students, only one rank from graduation, had been affected by a young teen girl's subconscious emanations. They had not just let themselves be affected, they had been completely unaware of being affected. Even afterwards they had been unable to realize, unassisted, that they had been affected.

Weissme knew as well as any other mentarion in a position of power, that the reverence the majority of humans felt towards mentarions in general was based on several aspects of popular beliefs and myths. Especially those that implied, mentarions were truly wiser in matters of the mind. Some examples of this mix of myths and believes were:

- The strict training mentarions was submitted to under their education, starting at childhood, gave most of them the ability to surpass subconscious effects.

- Mentarions had more self control than other humans.

- Mentarions were more reliable than others.

Mentarions, weaker empaths, and any non-empath who had direct knowledge of mentarions, those all knew that the first statement was merely a well-established myth. If the full truth, behind the incident Ottearon Weissme had seen in Majgen's memories became public, then the that myth would be directly disproved to the general public.

Such a sudden elimination of a well-established, albeit false, belief - could lead to widespread dispute of the general mythology of mentarions. This again could lead to distrust from a public who would feel they had been manipulated and lied to. These possibilities, the disruptions such media-debates would cause, the time and effort that would be needed to regain political stability - were terrifying to a man in Ottearon Weissme's position. However, disproval of that myth, and the following consequences, was not the possible aftermath of the incident which Ottearon Weissme feared most.

Weissme knew, as well as any empath, that in the first centuries after the existence of empaths had become fact, non-empaths were in charge of utilising the - back then - new resource. In those days the reliability of each empath had been verified by drug induced hypnosis rather than by other empaths.

The concept of letting one empath test another empath's reliability was not practised in the first two centuries of empathic history. This was caused by fears in the non-empathic population, fears that a strong empath could control a weaker empath. That a stronger empath could make a weaker empath believe whatever he wanted.

It had taken hundreds of years to convince the general public to believe the two fundamental statements of mentarion self-awareness:

The first: That even though a well-trained empath could be temporarily mind-controlled by a stronger well-trained empath, the effect would dissipate as soon as the weaker empath was out of range of the stronger, or as soon as the stronger had drained his own mental stamina with the effort.

The second: After having been controlled empathically, an empath would know he had been controlled. He would be able to inform authorities of the occurrence.

Ottearon Weissme not only believed these two statements himself, he also knew of their importance in a historical context, and he understood the possible consequences for mentarion rights if people in general should loose faith in the two basic statements. No unreliable mentarion was ever allowed to walk unsupervised amongst non-empaths, not unless he had been deprived of all empathic abilities by drugs.

In this incident twenty-three first ranked Students had been indirectly controlled by the subconscious mind of one untrained mentarion, who was barely more than a child. After being removed from her emanations, the students had not realized on their own accord that they had been under the effect of her emanations.

Ottearon Weissme knew it would be hard to explain the full truth of how this incident had happened to other mentarions. It had been hard for him to fully comprehend it himself, even with full access to the minds of all who were present. If the non-empathic majority got the full story of this incident, including the students' failure to see they had been influenced subconsciously. Then it would be impossible to retain the general public's faith in the two Fundamental Statements of Mentarion Self-Awareness.

The public might come to believe that a mentarion could truly fool trained mentarions. If that happened, all mentarions would be considered unreliable. The current system would crumble, and mentarions might be forced to live a completely non-empathic life through forced drug administration. Or might once again be abused as drug controlled slaves like they had been eleven centuries ago.

*

Copyright of Nanna Marker (Lit ID ellynei)

My sincere apologies for the continued lack of editing and proofreading. I am trying to find a proper balance between my normal self-editing, writing of new stuff, working on learning more, and re-editing already submitted chapters. I will continue to try, but can't promise new submissions will see editorial proofreading, prior to submission, any time soon.

-

Hi there (*elly waves*)

If you read this please post a public comment saying if you read any of the other Majgen chapters as well as this?

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Reserved Praise

Hi. The environment you have created is very interesting and well-defined. However, I believe that if one has, like me, read all the episodes up to now, you now need to up the pace of real-time action.

ellyneiellyneialmost 15 years agoAuthor
DON'T READ!

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but the full version of Majgen will not be posted. I am, at this time, working hard on finding a litterary agent for the first book in the series and on filling in the missing pieces in the second and third parts of the entire epic tale.

I do feel bad about still having the chapters up here on lit, yet I beg your forgiveness for this offence. I've put hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours of work hours into this bookseries. Please understand that I do not wish to give up any means of proving my copyright.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
So Far ...

An incredible tale... a wonderfully crafted story... hard to stop at just one chapter.. so I havent.

ellyneiellyneiover 15 years agoAuthor
Notice from Author.

Sorry people the full story will not be posted online. Don't start reading, contact me if you want word once it is available in book form, in the far future.

amigoid4amigoid4over 15 years ago
Requested Comment

I have read this whole arc from chap 1 to present. Great plotting and characterizations. Really enjoying this so far. Keep up the good work. Minor typos can be corrected later - nothing major though.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Majgen Ch. 006 Previous Part
Majgen Series Info

Similar Stories

The Terror of The Inferno A dystopian adventure.in Novels and Novellas
The Alliance Ch. 01 The Navy has changed a little.in Non-Erotic
Spreading Seeds Ch. 01 A future where women outnumber men 10:1in Novels and Novellas
Schemes of the Unknown Unknown Ch. 01 The Moon - 3749 C.E.: Paul's future is discussed.in Novels and Novellas
In Space Everyone Screams Ch. 01 Anna wakes from cryo. Ophelia receives a distress beacon.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories