Matchmaker's Folly

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Stop it," Scott yelled, "you're sounding like a politician at election time now; you'll be offering me a tax reduction next."

"I will not," Giselle said haughtily, tax is dealt with by the Department of Divine Economy and the way church offerings have been lately they'll soon be broke."

"I'll put an extra dollar in the plate next time I go to church," Scott yawned, "now I'm going to bed, so goodnight."

"Not goodnight," Giselle replied, "I'll be with you."

"What, even when I'm asleep?"

"Afraid so," Giselle replied, "but I'll make myself invisible again and hover over you."

She accompanied Scott into the bedroom and watched him undress.

"I wonder why he's got girl troubles," she wondered. "With what he's got he shouldn't have any problems. A pity I'm not a human female and then I could...oh well, no use wishing."

Scott got into bed and gazed upward; "Are you hovering?"

"Yes, I'm here Scott."

"I was afraid of that."

Scott gradually dropped off to sleep, and after a while Giselle found hovering was becoming tedious.

"I wonder if it's absolutely necessary to stay with him all night," she wondered. "Perhaps the manual says something about it."

She drew the manual out of the ether and looked up the table of contents. She found what she was looking for under "Guarding the Sleeper." It read, "Guarding the client during sleep is of the utmost importance. It is during sleep that The Evil One seeks to infiltrate the soul of the client, giving males especially lascivious dreams. This causes them to wake up and they need to..."

Giselle's wings blushed and she read no further.

"It doesn't specifically say that the guardian mustn't leave the client," she pondered, "and I really need to get to know some more about him, so surely there can't be any harm in doing some research."

With that she unhovered and walked through the wall into the lounge. She started to look around and came to the conclusion Scott was rather untidy. Entering another room she found herself in what looked like an office. There was a desk, chair and a filing cabinet. The desk was covered with bills and receipts but this proved to be of little interest to Giselle, except to reinforce her view that Scott was untidy and didn't pay his bills on time.

She started to hunt through the desk drawers, and in the bottom one she found a photo album. Glancing idly through the photographs she suddenly looked fixedly at one particular photo.

Her wings drooped, and she moaned, "Oh no."

The photo was of two couples standing and smiling at the camera. Giselle turned the photo over to look at the back. It was dated six months previously and the names of the four people were given as Scott and Shelly, Tessa and Ron.

She of course recognized Scott, and she also recognized Shelly and Ron, the other girl she did not know.

It had been Shelly and Ron she had shot with her arrows of love while still an assistant cupid, yet in the photo it was obvious that Scott and Shelly was a couple, as was Ron and Tessa.

This was where she had fouled up and been dismissed from Cupid's service.

Utterly dismayed Giselle now knew why she had been made guardian angel over Scott; she had to put right the mistake she had made when a cupid.

The shock of her discovery recalled her to her duty, and miserably she returned to the bedroom and Scott.

Scott was no longer sleeping peacefully, but was moving restlessly and groaning.

Having some theoretical knowledge of human -- especially male - dreams she thought, "He's probably dreaming about desert islands with bare breasted maidens."

Giselle realized that The Evil One had taken possession of Scott. She was about to step in and wake him when Scott woke himself. He lay on his back and Giselle, who again had only theoretical knowledge of the matter, watched fascinated.

Scott gasped and groaned until finally giving an extra loud groan he ejected a stream of sticky white fluid. He then lay for a while with a contented smile on his face until finally he reached out to a bedside table and drew out some tissues from a box and commenced cleaning up the sticky mess. He then went back to sleep.

"Well, I suppose that's one way of getting rid of The Evil One," Giselle muttered, "and it looks like fun. I wonder if the boy angels...no they couldn't because they don't have...or do they...? I'll have to try and check up on that next time I meet a boy angel."

She did not resume her position hovering over Scott, instead wrapping her wings round her -- which always helped concentration -- she began to meditate on how she could put right what she had messed up.

Chapter 4. All is Revealed.

Morning, and Scott woke from a peaceful sleep. He looked around and asked, "Are you still here?"

Folding back her wings and making herself visible Giselle said, "Yes, I'm still with you Scott. What you did during the night was quite fascinating but..."

"You watched me?"

"Yes, of course I did, but what I was going to say was, I've realized that it's only a substitute for what you humans do when you want to breed, isn't it?"

"We don't only do it when we want to breed," Scott replied, "we do it for fun and pleasure."

"It feels good then, does it?"

"Bloody -- sorry -- marvelous, there's nothing else comes anywhere near to it for sheer bliss. My problem is that I need a female to do it with and I haven't got one at the moment."

"Yes, I know," Giselle said miserably.

"How do you know," Scott said? "Oh yes, of course, it's instinct and experience isn't it."

"Not this time," Giselle said. "I suppose you'll want to eat something so I'll tell you afterwards," she added, trying to delay the moment when she would have to make her confession.

"Okay," Scot said, "but I'd better have another shower because...well...you know...it's difficult to..."

His voice trailed away but Giselle felt she had got the point and so together they went to the shower.

She again admired his body but was thankful that angels had an inbuilt cleansing system that meant they never needed to wash, because showering looked a bit complicated from her point of view.

Dressed Scott began to prepare breakfast which consisted of waffles and honey. When Scott had cleared up they went into the lounge. Scott sat and Giselle hovered just a little and Scott said, "Now, you've got something you want to tell me."

Giselle didn't want to tell him but felt that in all fairness and angelic honesty she had to.

"Last night..." she began.

"Yes, I know you saw me when I..."

"No...no...not that," Giselle said, "and don't interrupt, this is difficult enough without you butting in."

"All right...all right," Scott said, "no more interruptions."

"Last night, I left you for a while. I wanted to find out more about you and I discovered a photograph album."

"Nosy devil," Scott muttered.

"I heard that Scott," Giselle said angrily, "I told you not to butt in and I'm not a devil, quite the opposite in fact. Now, can I carry on?"

Scott made a gesture indicating that she should proceed.

"In the album I found a photo of four people, three of whom I knew, you, Shelly and Ron, I didn't know the other one, Tessa."

"How did you know Shelly and Ron?" Scott asked.

"Well that's just the point," Giselle said, wanting to cover her embarrassment with her wings, "you see I shot them."

"Shot them," Scott yelled, sitting bolt upright.

"With my love arrows."

"Love arrows, what the hell -- sorry -- are they."

"I used to be an assistant cupid and that's how we bring people together, by shooting them with our love arrows, and praying 'With these arrows may you be united'."

"When I looked at the photograph I realized that I'd got it wrong; that you and Shelly were supposed to be one couple and Tessa and Ron another couple. I just didn't put in enough preliminary research so I fouled up. Now I'll have to try and put things right."

"You fouled up all right," Scott snarled. "That photograph was taken just one week before Shelly and I was supposed to get married. Ron was going to be my best man and Tessa was to be matron of honour. And how do you think you're going to fix things up? Instead of marrying me Shelly married Ron. Those arrows must be very potent."

"Oh they are," Giselle said proudly, "once they hit the target they're overpowering and the couple must come together."

"So what do you think you're going to do?"

"I don't know," Giselle said dejectedly; "what do you want me to do?"

"Nothing," Scott said emphatically, "I've been the victim of your foul up once and I don't want to risk you again. No more women, no more love stuff, you only get hurt."

There was silence for a few moments and then Scott suddenly yelled, "Oh my God -- sorry - I'd completely forgotten, Tessa!"

"Tessa?"

"Yes; ever since Ron got married to Shelly Tessa's been hanging around me. I keep trying to put her off but she's very insistent so it's easier to just go along with her, and she's company of a sort I suppose. I'd forgotten she's calling here today and we're supposed to be going out together to the zoo."

"So why don't you and she get together properly?" Giselle asked.

"I told you Giselle, no more women, they're too deceitful."

"You're not being fair," Giselle protested. "I take full responsibility for what happened with Shelly; once I'd shot her and Ron with my arrows they couldn't help themselves, so don't label all women as deceitful -- and there's your doorbell."

"It's Tessa, and don't you make yourself visible to her."

"I couldn't even if I wanted to," Giselle retorted, "We can only make ourselves visible to our client in..."

"Dire circumstances; yes I know, you've said so before. You can be really boring you know."

With that he stalked off to answer the door.

Having seen her photograph Giselle was curious to see Tessa in the flesh.

She proved to be a rather attractive girl with a fine buxom figure and Giselle wondered why Scott couldn't see his way clear to getting together with her permanently. Of course his fear of getting involved was understandable after the Shelly episode, but that was in the past and nothing could change that.

She was just wishing she still had her bow and love arrows so that she could fix things up when she heard the sound of the opening bars of the hymn "Rock of Ages." The sound was of course not heard by Tessa and Scott.

Thinking that she really would have to change that tune to a more contemporary hymn she plucked her mobile out of the ether.

"Guardian Giselle."

"Giselle darling;" it was Hera's voice. "He wants to see you."

"Who."

"Cupid of course."

"Cupid!" Giselle mentally ran over her shortcomings and asked, "When?"

"Now darling, immediately. I'm about to activate the transfer pad right now, so stand by."

Giselle was about to tell Scott she had to leave him for a while when she was whisked out of his flat, and in the next second she was standing before Hera.

Hera smiled and said, "He said you're to go in immediately on arrival."

"What have I done wrong this time?" Giselle asked.

"He hasn't said," Hera replied, "but he seems to be in a good mood."

Giselle went to the door of Cupid's office and knocked.

"Enter," said a voice.

She went in and as she approached Cupid's desk she was about to start apologizing for any errors she had made when Cupid smiled and said, "Giselle, my dear Giselle, it's lovely to see you."

"Is...is...it?" A surprised Giselle stammered.

"Well of course it is," laughed Cupid. "Now my dear, we've been keeping a close eye on you and although you've not been working by the book we've decided to overlook that."

"You clearly know what needs to be done for Tessa and Scott, and I heartily agree. I realize that your influence as a guardian angel is somewhat limited in matters of love, and so I've decided to reinstate you as an assistant cupid."

"Really," said a delighted Giselle, "you really mean it?"

Cupid frowned, "Giselle, you must know by now I never say anything I don't mean, The One would not approve. Now, your reinstatement will be only temporary; you will be, as it were, on trial. Get it right this time and you may well find yourself back here eternally."

"You mean Tessa and Scott?"

"Who else, and Giselle..."

"Yes sir?"

"Get it right this time...make sure you shoot the right people and you aim properly, and don't forget the prayer, The One likes to hear that."

"I'll get it right sir, I promise you."

"I'm sure you will," Cupid said, smiling on her benignly."

He drew a communicator out of the ether and pressed a button.

"Yes sir," it was Hera's voice.

"Hera, I'm sending Giselle out to you and you are to issue her with bow and arrows."

"Oh sir, you've taken her back."

"Yes."

The communicator vanished into the ether.

"Off you go then Giselle, and the best of heavenly fortune go with you."

"Thank you sir...thank you," Giselle said as she backed out of the office.

Hera was standing ready with the bow and arrows.

"Darling, it's wonderful to have you back with us."

"Only temporarily," Giselle replied, "I'll only become permanent if I get the assignment right."

"And I'm sure you will," Hera replied as she sprinkled her with heavenly dust.

The next moment Giselle found herself alongside Scott, but not in his apartment. He and Tessa were staring at a lion; they were at the zoo.

Giselle considered shooting them immediately, but changed her mind, deciding to wait for what might be a more propitious moment -- perhaps back in the apartment.

Chapter 5. Naughty Lust Liquid.

In deciding to wait until Tessa and Scott were back in the apartment, Giselle had chosen well.

Tessa was sitting on the sofa looking at Scott with languishing eyes.

"She doesn't really need an arrow," Giselle thought, "She's head over heels already, but I'd better give her one just to be sure."

Scott was slumped in an armchair trying not to look at Tessa, but as far as any male was concerned she was rather hard not to look at. Her skirt had ridden up to reveal a pair of shapely legs that began with succulent thighs. Her bosom was such that in his dreams Scott or The Evil One could hardly have conjured up such and excellent example, but along with these temptations of The Evil One went an angelic face topped with what Giselle recognized to be hair of a heavenly gold.

Giselle fitted the first arrow to her bow and taking careful aim at Scott released it. It hit him right in the heart." Giselle said the prayer.

She was somewhat startled by the instantaneous effect of the arrow. Normally it took some time for the arrow to work and being confident of the effectiveness of the arrows she usually left well before the reaction set in; thus she had never actually observed the results.

This time Scott's demeanor changed immediately and he sat up, scrutinizing Tessa avidly.

Giselle fitted the second arrow to her bow and released it at Tessa. This too struck at the heart. Giselle once more said the prayer.

Suddenly Scot said, "Tessa, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever known, I love you."

"Oh darling," Tessa cried out, "I've loved you since the first time I met you and aah....mmm..."

Scott had leapt up from the armchair and was beside Tessa on the sofa, kissing her fervently.

"When Scott released her from the kiss Tessa gasped, "I love you...I love you...I want... mmm...that nice...don't stop...darling...oooh..."

They proceeded to undress each other and in the midst of this Giselle heard, "Rock of Ages."

She pulled her mobile out of the ether and said, "Giselle."

"Darling," Hera's voice said, "I should have warned you; I wanted to try and make sure your mission was successful so I mixed some extra lust liquid in with the love liquid before I put it on the tip of the arrows; I may have over done it so you may get a rather dramatic reaction."

"You're warning is too late," Giselle replied, giggling, "I've shot them both and they're having what looks like a bit of a fight or perhaps they're trying to eat each other. I've never seen the after effects before, it's quite entertaining and they seem to be enjoying it, but there's a lot a screaming and moaning."

"Do you want me to bring you back with the transfer pad, darling."

"No, leave it for a while will you, I want to see how this works out."

"If you say so," Hera replied.

The mobile vanished back into the ether.

Chapter 6. Restoration

That night Giselle hovered over Scott's bed, now also occupied by Tessa. She found the scene immensely entertaining and some of the cries like "Don't stop darling," "Do it to me again," "That feels good," "The other nipple sweetheart," were immensely satisfying.

She could not fully understand why at times of considerable frenzy they called out to The One -- at least, she assumed that's what the words, "Oh my God," meant.

She also noted that when after the frenzied moments Stella began to calm down she kept moaning, "Oh Jesus...Jesus...sweet Jesus."

She wondered why, despite seeming to enjoy what was going on, Tessa often ended up sobbing.

As the night wore on words like "Marriage," "Home," "Children," began to creep in.

It was at the point when Scot and Stella seemed to have run out of energy, and were about to sleep wrapped in each others arms, that the call came, "Rock of Ages."

"Giselle."

"Hera; get back here fast, he's very excited about something."

Zap, and Giselle was standing in front of Hera.

"I've had a wonderful time Hera, you should have seen them, they..."

"Yes, I know," Hera said, "I think I may have overdone the lust liquid a bit. You'd better go straight in, I can't remember him being so wound up before.

Apprehensively Giselle knocked on Cupid's door.

"Enter."

She entered and on seeing her Cupid said, "My dear Giselle," and came out from behind his desk, which he rarely did, and embraced her.

"All is now forgiven," he said jubilantly, "you have brought great honour to this department."

"Her...her...have I," Giselle stammered.

"Yes...yes...Scott and Tessa will be entered into our annals as one of our greatest triumphs. This is your supreme moment. Ah, it's immensely satisfying my dear Giselle, such a happy marriage."

"But they aren't married yet," Giselle protested.

"Come now Giselle," Cupid said, "you surely know that we angels of higher status are all knowing -- or almost. The One has certain areas of foreknowledge kept hidden."

"Yes, of course, I'd forgotten that," Giselle said.

"Well never mind my dear; I've got some wonderful news for you."

"What?"

"You...you...are not only reinstated but it has been decided by The One, that you are to be invested with The Order of the Golden Arrow. Such an honour my dear, such an honour, and who knows, in the future you may take my place behind this desk -- of course you'll have to wait for all eternity before that can happen."

"I can't believe it...I can't believe it..." Giselle said, tears starting to flow.

"You will my dear, you will," Cupid said tenderly. "Of course you cannot be invested by The One; an archangel will carry out the ceremony."

"When?" Giselle asked excitedly.

"When? Cupid said vaguely, "Well, it could have been yesterday or tomorrow in earthly time, but as you know, time has no meaning in eternity, we'll just have to wait and see. In the meanwhile there are a couple of people who are not sure whether they're in love or not. Your assignment is to go and settle the matter for them."

"Yes Cupid," replied happy Giselle. "But Cupid, there's something I want to ask you if you don't mind."

"Ask anything you like Giselle...anything you like."

"I want to ask you about boy angels."

With darkening brow Cupid looked at her suspiciously.

"What is it precisely that you wish to ask?" he said slowly with a touch of menace in his voice.