Medbh Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Even though you had to wear a dress?" Josie asked teasingly.

Kim poked out her tongue at her sister. "Of course," she said.

At half term they went camping in the Yorkshire Dales again. Ted was a little worried about his wife's health, but she assured him she'd be ok - so he gave in. They had a lovely time, even though Medbh had to take things more slowly now. Ted had brought his guitar and Medbh taught him some songs she loved to sing. The campsite was almost empty except for two nights; but the other campers asked if they could sit round the fire and listen, and they were good company.

Summer, that year, was a rather mixed affair, with murky, hot periods and long spells of rain, but on the whole it wasn't bad. Kim and Josie had begun a tree hut and spent most dry days in the wood, and Ted and Medbh took turns in the bookshop. The girls helped her do the cooking and Ted did most of the household chores. After all, he said, he knew how to - didn't he?

Medbh posed for him again; first she sat for him in her summer clothes, to get the position right. There were only a few nude sessions; Ted worked furiously as he didn't want Medbh to get cold. His fervour and his obvious care for her made feel very good - all warm and loved and rosy, and to his delight Ted managed to capture her expression perfectly.

Kim walked into the studio on time and raised her eyebrows. "Well done, dad," she said, to Ted's great delight.

When the canvas was completed Ted showed Medbh the result. They stood looking at it arm in arm, and to her embarrassment Medbh started to cry. He held her close for a long time; then she said, "Oh Ted, this is all I ever dreamt about -- you, the children, the ones on the way, and your love for me..."

He kissed her hard and said, "I know. It's exactly how I feel. I'm so glad you're here."

Finally, one August morning, while Medbh was in the garden picking raspberries, her labour pains started. Josie stood next to her and asked her what was wrong.

"Nothing," Medbh said, "but you'd better get Ted. I have to go to hospital now."

Josie ran, and so did Ted. He accompanied Medbh to the car and sent Josie to their bedroom to collect the bag they'd on stand-by. They drove to the hospital straight away - "somewhat faster than the traffic laws allow," Ted admitted later.

Medbh was put to bed at once, but it took until the early evening before she delivered her twins. She was very tired and covered in sweat, but very happy when she was shown the two beautiful girls they'd got. When they were cleaned and wrapped in a cape she was given them to hold for a moment. She looked at them with a wide smile and then she looked at Ted and offered him her mouth, and he bent over to kiss her.

"They're beautiful," he said, "almost as beautiful as you! Can I fetch the girls?"

Medbh nodded. When Ted came back with them they were, for once, completely subdued. "Oh, lovely," Josie whispered, and she bent over the bed and stroked one of the twins' head.

"Yes," Kim said. "Our little sisters! Oh, mum, aren't you tired?"

Medbh smiled and lay back. "Yes I am," she said. "But happy first!"