Melting the Ice Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MugsyB
MugsyB
2,732 Followers

His mouth opened on her neck and she arched as she felt the twin sensations of him sucking on her throat and teasing her moist center.

He lifted his head. "You want me to what?"

His mouth leaving her neck cleared some of the fog from her brain but his fingers were still moving, sliding erotically inside her. He brushed his thumb over her, grazing that tiny nub and she shuddered, coming close to climaxing right then.

"Natalie?" he murmured and kissed her cheek. "Beautiful Natalie, tell me what you want." He kissed the corner of her mouth and she moaned as he pulled his fingers out of her body.

His weight on her shifted and she felt him pushing his sweats off. In another second, she opened her eyes to see him hovering over her. Then she felt the heavy length of him against her abdomen and she sucked in a startled breath.

His eyes were so dark, almost no hint of the enticing blue left. His arms were braced on either side of her and she was weakly holding onto his neck. She lifted her fingers, sliding them through his soft hair. He made a low sound, like a growl, and she grinned.

"Natalie," he all but moaned her name and Natalie felt like the sexiest woman on earth in that moment.

"Hayden."

She pulled him down to her. She felt his erection slide between her legs until he was nestled against her damp center. Lifting her hips, she brushed against him, a silent plea for more.

He didn't need any further encouragement. With agonizing slowness, he pushed inside of her. She moaned and panted as he slid each tantalizing inch into her body. She lifted her hips, struggling against his patient grasp, wanting to feel all of him.

He lowered his mouth to hers, sliding his tongue between her lips. Squeezing her hip with one hand, he pushed all the way in and she moaned into his mouth. She felt his lips curl up in a smile as she made the ungodly noise and he started to move over her, within her.

It burned her up until she was writhing and mewling beneath him. She came apart the instant he slipped a hand between them to stroke her just above where they were joined. She bucked against him, ripping her lips away to catch her breath as she rode the crest of her orgasm.

Hayden slid his lips across her face, planting hot, moist kisses to every exposed inch of skin. All the while, he moved inside of her, drawing back and plunging deep with a deliberate lack of speed.

"God," she moaned as he sucked on her neck. "Oh God!" She couldn't manage any other words as Hayden continued to move over her.

The sweaty slide of their naked bodies together burned into her senses and Natalie clung to him. His hair was slipping between her fingers and she moaned when Hayden moved his mouth lower, trailing kisses down the column of her throat. He drew almost all the way out as he moved his mouth even lower until he was sucking one hard nipple into his mouth.

Natalie arched, filling his mouth with more of her sensitive breast. She slipped one hand down his back until she felt the muscular curve of his ass. She dug her fingertips into his flesh and grinned wickedly when she heard his sharp intake of breath. Then he bit down on her nipple. It was a gentle nibble but hard enough to send a frisson of new sensation to her already overloaded core. She bucked under him, driving him deep inside of her again. The movement brought their bodies into snug alignment and Hayden lifted his head to look into her face.

Their eyes met and held as he thrust into her again. She held her breath as he withdrew and plunged deep. His face hovered over hers and he licked her lips. She parted her lips, her tongue darting out to meet his but he grinned and continued to tease her. All the while, their eyes remained lock on each other's, intensifying the erotic push and pull of their bodies.

His lips moved against hers and his breathless words tickled her mouth. She didn't understand what he said but she didn't care. He thrust deep then and she felt her insides explode again.

Crying out, she squeezed her eyes shut and pressed her head back against the bed. He pumped into her, moving faster and he kissed her face all over. Faster he moved, stirring her up even more and she gasped as stars blinked behind her eyelids. With a groan, she felt him tense in her arms and he came with her.

Her body was still tingling as Hayden withdrew from her and collapsed face down beside her. A giggle escaped her as she looked over and saw his bewildered expression. Rolling to her side, she pressed a kiss to his bare shoulder and winked at him.

"Good morning," she whispered and was rewarded with his deep laughter.

His arm snaked out and drew her closer, half-tucking her beneath his warm body. "You've made me a monster."

"A monster?" She laughed. "What do you mean?"

"I don't usually..." he paused, his mouth working as if he was trying to figure out the right word.

"Ravage women first thing in the morning?"

His dark brows drew together as he smiled. "Ravage?"

"Yeah. What you just did to me, that was ravaging."

"It doesn't sound right," he replied with a slight shake of his head.

A lock of his hair fell into his eyes and before she could stop herself, Natalie brushed it back. She heard his breath catch and lowered her gaze to his as she let her fingers slide down his face. His beard tickled her fingers and she laid her palm to his cheek, enjoying the sensation.

"Doesn't it?"

"No. It sounds too harsh."

"Then what did you just do to me?" Natalie blushed when she heard herself say the words. It hadn't come out quite the way she'd intended.

"I think I just made myself late for practice," he answered with a wink.

She laughed and rolled away from him. There was his subtle hint again. She supposed it was time she found her way back to the dorm. Madison and Louisa would be wondering what had happened to her and she was curious to see how their nights had turned out. For a short while, she'd been entirely wrapped up in this gorgeous man but reality could only be suspended for so long.

Maybe I should get some hockey tickets, she thought as she sat up and looked around for a clock to check the time. At least that's one way I could see him again.

Behind her, Hayden rose as well, standing and pulling his sweats up. Natalie glanced at him, smiling as she took in the sight of his broad, muscular chest. She'd enjoyed all his muscles quite thoroughly last night and the memory brought a tinge of color back to her cheeks. Before she could move, Hayden bent over her and kissed her very sweetly, one of his large hands holding the side of her neck.

"I'll get your clothes," he murmured and kissed her again before walking away.

Blinking, Natalie looked around and remembered their manic coupling in his front hallway. She clapped a hand over her mouth to contain her mirth as she stood up. Her shirt and bra were on the floor beside the bed so she could at least pull those on.

Hayden reappeared just as she was pulling her shirt over her head. She thanked him as he handed over her jeans and underwear and she blushed furiously as Hayden watched her with unashamed curiosity while she dressed herself.

"Thank you for a wonderful time last night," she said as she faced him fully dressed.

She dug into her jeans pocket for one of the many hair elastics she liked to keep with her. Wincing at the snarl of her hair at the back of her head, she managed to pull her hair into a ponytail.

"Thank you, beautiful Natalie," he replied with that same broad grin that made her weak in the knees.

Good lord. She had to lower her eyes. I have to get out of here before we end up tearing each other's clothes off again.

"Uh, do you mind if I use the washroom?"

"Of course. It's just across the hall."

She followed as he showed her and she promised she'd just be a few minutes. Inside the washroom, she gazed at herself in the mirror and groaned inwardly when she took in her tousled appearance.

"I look like I've been ravaged," she murmured and smiled at her reflection. I'll take it, she added silently and twisted the taps over the sink until warm water came out.

In another few minutes, she felt presentable enough to walk out of his apartment building. She walked down the hallway away from the bathroom and his bedroom. She found Hayden in a spacious living room, holding a mug of coffee in one hand and the front section of the New York Times in the other. He looked up as she walked in and smiled at her.

"You look beautiful."

She laughed to cover her embarrassment at the compliment and gestured towards the front hall. She hadn't had a tour of the place but she recognized the small table in the front hall and could see the big front door just around the corner.

"I think I should go," she said. "My roommate will be worried about me."

"Of course," he agreed.

He walked with her towards the front door and she had to force her eyes away from the sight of his naked chest.

Doesn't the man own any shirts? she wondered as she bent to slide her shoes on. As she straightened and pulled her jacket on, she found Hayden watching her.

"Thank you again."

She was unsure of what else to say at this point. This is why I never stay the night, she thought. Awkward good-bye's after a night of wild sex aren't my thing.

Hayden's eyebrows shot up as she reached for the doorknob. He stepped close and placed his hand over the door above her head as he grinned down at her. "That's all? Aren't you even going to offer to give me your phone number?"

She gaped at him. "My... phone number?"

"Yeah, so I can call you later."

"You want to call me?"

He laughed and lowered his hand to her face, laying his palm against her cheek. "I'd like to see you again."

Natalie was at a loss. She'd never been in this situation before. Sure, she'd had guys ask for her number before and it's not like she'd never dated, but she'd come home with Hayden thinking this was just another one-night stand.

Looking into his face, she tried to discern if there was any mockery in his expression, any indication that he was merely toying with her. No, he looked sincere and even curious about her hesitation. Flushing, she looked down at her fingers clenched together and tried to decide what this meant.

"I don't mean to push, Natalie."

Her eyes lifted to his face again and she felt terrible for the wounded look that now crossed his face. He was still smiling but his eyes were no longer twinkling at her and she realized then that he truly meant it.

She put her hands on his chest. "You're not."

Lifting onto her toes, she pressed a kiss to his lips and suppressed the shiver when his arm went around her waist to pull her closer.

"Does that mean you'll give me your number?"

"Yes."

Hayden let her go and hurried away. He reappeared in a few seconds, carrying his cell phone. Natalie grinned as she recited her dorm number and her own cell phone number. She'd forgotten to put it in her purse before going out the night before, otherwise she'd have suggested getting his number as well.

No, she thought. It's better this way. I won't be tempted to phone-stalk him and if he calls me, I'll know he really wants to see me again.

"There." He grinned as he finished entering her name and numbers. "Now I can call you anytime I want."

She laughed and shook her head. "I might have to give you a copy of my schedule. You can't call while I'm in class."

"Oh, right. OK, I'll call you at night."

Natalie laughed again, pleased with his apparent eagerness. She kissed him and reached for the door before she was further tempted to shove her hands down his sweatpants.

"Have a good practice," she said as she opened the door and stepped out.

"Thank you." He leaned one hand on the doorframe over her head. "Will you tell your friends what I nice guy I was?"

Natalie grinned, feeling playful again. "I would, except you weren't always nice."

His eyes darkened and his grin turned positively wicked. He leaned over her, bringing his face closer to hers. "I know."

Natalie bit her lip and stepped back. She was seconds away from jumping him yet again. "Uh... I... I'll talk to you later?" She was only a little embarrassed when her voice came out as a mere squeak.

"Yes, you will," he agreed with a wink.

Stifling a groan, Natalie lifted her hand in a weak wave and hurried down the hall, desperate to escape him. She glanced over her shoulder before she rounded the corner towards the elevators. Hayden was leaning out of his doorway and he waved one hand when she looked back. Giddy, Natalie all but skipped down the hall to the elevators.

***

Hayden should have known he'd have to face all sorts of questions and teasing from his teammates when he arrived at practice a little while later. Last night when he'd pulled Natalie away from the group, it hadn't occurred to him that four of his fellow Rangers had been watching him do it. By the time Hayden reached the locker room, the entire team knew about it and he was subjected to all manner of good-natured ribbing.

"I'd have never pegged you as that type of guy," Sidney commented with a sly smile as they geared up for practice.

"What type?" Hayden gave him a patient smile.

"The guy who takes a girl home after he's just met her."

Hayden looked over at the other man with raised eyebrows. Sidney had that same knowing expression on his face and Hayden sighed. "Maybe not but I like Natalie. We got along."

"I think it's great," Craig chimed in from Hayden's other side. "You haven't dated anyone since you first started playing here."

Hayden nodded, recalling the relationship that had ended not long after he'd started playing for the Rangers. She'd tried living with him in New York but found she missed their hometown in Sweden too much. They'd parted on friendly terms and the last he'd heard, she'd married the previous summer.

"Dated?" Sidney repeated. "Who said anything about dating? You took her home for the one night, didn't you?"

Hayden laughed and shook his head. "If that's what you want to believe, Sid."

"Lindy, I was talking to her friend, Louisa, last night and she was telling me about Natalie," Sidney said, turning to face Hayden as he spoke.

"So?" Hayden asked with a frown. He liked Sidney, as he was constantly reminding himself, but sometimes his teammate could be as subtle as a raging bull.

Sidney shrugged carelessly, as if he wasn't interfering where it wasn't wanted. "Louisa said Natalie does this a lot."

"Does what?" Now Hayden was starting to get ticked off. He was vaguely aware that Craig was moving closer on his other side, as if he was going to be needed to break up a fight.

"She's had a few one-night stands," Sidney told him.

Hayden stared at him, trying to process his words. Should he care? He hadn't exactly been an innocent before meeting Natalie and taking her home last night. He glared at Sidney. "So what? So have I."

Craig snorted and Hayden whipped his head around to glare at his captain.

"What? I have!"

"This isn't a competition, Hayden," Craig replied, holding his hands up in placation.

"No, it isn't. Thanks for your concern, Sid, but you don't need to worry."

It was ridiculous to worry anyway, since Natalie had willingly given him her number. She wouldn't have done that if she'd intended on it being just a one time deal. It occurred to him then that she hadn't asked for his, or even offered her own, but he tried to push the thought away.

We like each other, he reminded himself. They had connected last night, in more ways than one. In between enjoying each other's bodies, they'd talked and laughed and eventually slept. He wasn't so jaded that he couldn't see the potential for something more there.

Practice started in a few more minutes and Hayden pushed it out of his mind. He skated out for warm-ups and focused on everything the coaches went over. He smiled and nodded at more teasing from his teammates and all but ignored Sidney, who seemed put out by Hayden's attitude.

Well, he shouldn't be sticking his nose in where it's not wanted, Hayden thought as Sidney slapped a puck at him and skated away.

He'd call Natalie later when he was home and they'd go out on a proper date. There was no reason to give another thought to Sidney's warnings. He was a grown man. He could deal with Natalie in his own way, even if it meant she didn't want to see him again.

***

Later, after he'd showered and done his best to forget about what Sidney had said, and what he'd implied, Hayden picked up his phone. He dialed Natalie's cell phone and waited patiently until she picked up.

"Hello?" She sounded breathless.

"Natalie?"

"Yes? Who's this?"

"Hayden."

There was a pause before she responded and Hayden felt his palms begin to sweat, which was ridiculous since there'd been no nervousness last night.

"Hayden. I didn't think you'd call me today."

He laughed at her surprised tone. "I said I would."

"Yeah, but not many guys do," she replied with a laugh.

"I don't know about other guys but I wanted to talk to you. So I called."

"I'm glad you called."

There, he thought triumphantly. Would she say that if she'd only wanted me for one night? "What have you been doing today?"

"Well, after Madison grilled me about last night, I had a nap," she said with another laugh.

"Madison is your roommate?" Hayden remembered meeting both women but other than feeling Natalie's warmth at his side, he hadn't paid much attention to anything else.

"She's the one with short blond hair."

"I remember. She grilled you?"

Again, Natalie laughed, a light-hearted sound that slid through Hayden and made his groin tingle. "Yeah, she wouldn't let me sleep until I'd told her everything."

"Everything?"

"Well, not everything," Natalie conceded. "Enough to get her to leave me alone."

"That's good." Hayden wasn't shy. As a goalie, he tended to keep more to himself than he shared with others but the idea of Natalie bragging to her friends about last night didn't fill him with happiness.

"You didn't tell your teammates about us, did you?"

"Hell, no!" Hayden exclaimed with a laugh. "They teased me because I wouldn't tell them anything."

"Oh. That's good."

Hayden agreed. He didn't want to share anything about Natalie with the guys on his team, not until he knew more about her himself. "Are you busy right now?"

"Uh, no, not really. I was... um, I was just trying to get to the library before it closed for the day. I need a book that I didn't have time to pick up yesterday."

"OK. Are you busy tonight?"

"Tonight? No, why?"

Hayden chuckled. She sounded truly confused about why he was asking. "I want to take you out to dinner."

There was another pause before she responded and Hayden felt his nerves kick in again. There'd been no hesitation last night. Sidney's doubting words crept into his mind and Hayden tried to push them away.

"Really? You want to see me again?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know," she mumbled and blew out her breath. "I just thought..." her voice trailed off and he thought he heard someone speaking in the background. "Never mind."

"OK. So can I take you to dinner?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess that'd be all right."

Hayden sighed. Her answer was entirely lacking in enthusiasm. This was doing nothing for his ego. Again, he heard Sidney's voice in his head: "Natalie does this a lot."

"If you're busy tonight, that's all right."

"No, I'm not busy," she replied and paused. "Do you... not want to? Tonight, I mean? I... we can go out some other time, if you want."

No! Hayden almost shouted the immediate response at her but didn't want to sound too desperate, especially when she was so underwhelmed to be hearing from him. His doubt was growing with each passing second and he hated himself for it. "I'd like to go out tonight."

MugsyB
MugsyB
2,732 Followers