Modern Day Marriage

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Betty saw the smile and totally misread it.

"What's so funny, Honey?" she asked.

"You," said Travis.

Betty was shocked. She couldn't figure out what was going on. Travis suddenly just got up and walked into their bedroom. He went right into his closet and started packing his clothes.

"Are you going out of town on business again?" asked Betty. "Is this one of the trips that I can go on with you?"

"No, to both questions," said Travis calmly.

"Then why are you packing?" asked Betty.

"If you think about it, I'm pretty sure you can figure it out, Betty," said Travis.

Betty just stood by and watched him. He was taking everything that he could pack. He was moving quickly and very confidently.

"It's that little bitch at your office isn't it?" snapped Betty. "You're fucking her and now you want to move in with her." Travis just turned around and stared at Betty as if she'd grown a second head.

"This has nothing to do with Melissa," said Travis. "I'm not having sex with her and I never have. But you never know what might happen in the future."

"I knew it was about her," snapped Betty. "I want you to fire that little bitch first thing in the morning. She's always had the hots for you."

"It's a good thing someone does," said Travis.

"Travis, you idiot," snapped Betty. "I'm not holding out on you. I had my period last week. You know how sore I get during that time. Yesterday was the first day that I could do anything and I tried to get you to make love to me when you got home. You turned me down, remember. So if you're pissed off about not getting any, you'd better grow the fuck up."

She walked over in front of him. "I want you just as much as you want me, but after twenty years together you'd think you'd know how my cycle works," she yelled. "Maybe the reason that you don't is because I'm not important to you. I'm just someone you can come home and fuck whenever you want and however you want. If I can't fuck you, then I'm no good to you. Is that it, Travis?"

Travis just continued packing. "Well Travis, if that's what you want. Here it is," said Betty. She pulled her dress over her head and pulled down her panties. "Come and get it Travis."

The thought of Travis just taking her was actually getting Betty kind of hot. She laid down on the bed and spread her legs and started to rub her own vagina. Travis didn't even slow down. He grabbed the suitcases he'd packed and headed down the stairs. Betty jumped off of the bed still naked and followed him, screaming all the way.

She got to the bottom of the staircase just in time to hear the door slam. She opened the door and stepped out onto their front porch, with her naked breasts swinging freely. She was just in time to see the mail carrier step up onto her porch. He stared at her. Betty processed the situation and decided that he'd already seen her so she went after Travis. She grabbed for the handle of his car door and missed, just as he drove off.

Betty slowly walked back inside her house, wondering what the hell had gotten into Travis. A flash of something white caught her eye and she looked down on the floor. It was a business card that must've fallen out of Travis' pocket.

As she looked at the card, she realized that she'd pushed Travis too far. He was probably suffering from some kind of stress induced break down. The card was for a counselor who handled marital and emotional therapy. Her poor baby was so stressed out that he'd had to seek a therapist and she'd just started yelling at him. All of the pressure he was facing at work and the pressures they were having at home too had just taken their toll on him.

He'd just wanted some alone time when he came home. He'd simply gone upstairs and laid down on the fucking bed and she'd gone crazy. She had to find him and get him to come home.

She called him on his cell phone and then remembered that it was still on the counter. She had no way to contact him until he calmed down so she decided to just stay home and sit by the phone. When he calmed down, he'd call her. They'd been married for twenty years and neither of them would even know how to live without the other. She'd just give him a day or two to calm down before she went crazy.

She did call the counselor and try to find out what was wrong with Travis. Once she'd convinced the counselor that she was Travis' wife, he still couldn't give her any information on Travis or what he was going to be treated for. But the counselor told her that if Travis gave his permission she might be involved.

Two days later, Betty called Travis' office. She didn't want to speak to Travis, unless he was ready. She really wanted to talk to that useless young cunt who worked for Travis. "Hello, Melissa," began Betty. "I nee..." Betty heard nothing but the dial tone. They must've been cut off. It probably wasn't that they'd been cut off. Even after all of the time that she'd worked for Travis, that stupid bitch probably couldn't work the phone system correctly yet.

Betty called back. "Melissa, I..." Dial tone again. Melissa had simply hung up on Betty. Not once but twice. Just wait until Travis found out what she'd done. He'd fire that stupid girl immediately. Betty grabbed her coat and her purse and drove over to Travis's office. She took the elevator up to his floor and walked into his office.

Melissa barely looked up when Betty came in.

"Why the fuck did you hang up on me?" snapped Betty. "Get your shit. You're fired."

"You can't fire me, Mrs. Sutton. You don't work here," said Melissa.

"Nope, but Travis can. And as soon as I come out of his office, he will," said Betty.

"Do you have an appointment?" asked Melissa.

"I don't need a fucking appointment to see my own husband you stupid bitch," snapped Betty. Melissa pushed a button on her intercom and just smiled. "There's no need to try to smile and be nice now," spat Betty. Melissa just continued to smile. Betty walked past her and went to Travis' door. She turned the handle and found that it was locked.

"Do you have the key to this fucking door?" asked Betty. Melissa smiled and nodded her head. "Well why are you sitting there looking stupid? Open this fucking door, you retard." Just as Betty started her rant, two large security men walked into the office.

"Uhm, ma'am, there's no reason for language like that," said the first security man.

"Hey Melvin," said Melissa. He nodded at her and smiled. "She wants to see Travis, but she doesn't have an appointment. He also left me instructions that he didn't want to accept any calls from her. Plus there's the fact that he isn't even in the building right now. He's seeing his lawyer. Could you please escort her out of here?"

"We both heard her verbally assault you?" said the second security man. "Would you like to press charges? We could hold her until the police get here."

"I like that idea," smiled Melissa. "They probably won't do more than take her down to the station, but that way there will be documentation of the way she's acting. Thanks."

The two men escorted Betty out of the room. "You're going to pay for this, you little bitch," screamed Betty. Several of the people in the office heard her and saw her being taken out of the office. She turned back towards Melissa and the security men each grabbed an arm and pulled her away.

Several people came out of their own offices to see what was going on. One of them was Gary. He saw Betty being led out of Travis' office and heard her yelling and screaming. When his eyes met Betty's, she went silent. Gary in turn stared at her. As the security men took her away, he went straight into Travis' office to talk to Melissa.

"Who was that woman?" he asked Melissa. "Why was she here?"

Melissa looked at Gary vehemently. Gary nearly jumped back when he saw the venom in her glance. "What did I ever do to you?" he asked. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You didn't have to do anything to me," snapped Melissa. "Close the door." Gary followed Melissa into Travis' inner office.

"We probably shouldn't be in here if Travis isn't here," said Gary meekly. Gary had the idea that Melissa had brought him into the office for something illicit. He wasn't opposed to the idea, but he'd rather do it in a place where his job wasn't on the line.

"You know maybe we should wait," he said. "A lot of people saw us come in here and close the door. Who knows what they'll think we're doing." He smiled at her and looked down at her breasts again. Suddenly he noticed that she was just standing there watching him staring at her.

"Sorry," he said. "But you're just so..."

"Gary, shut the fuck up," snapped Melissa. "How can one man be so stupid...so clueless and still function?"

"Wha...?" said Gary

"Gary, I don't mind you staring at my tits," smiled Melissa. "Just as long as you realize that it's a waste of your fucking time. There is no chance at all, that you will ever do anything but look. I am totally not attracted to you. If you were the last man on earth, I'd go lesbian. For as long as I can remember you've been staring at me like some weird old pervert. But you're not a weird old pervert, you're worse. You're a healthy man who's roughly my age. Why aren't you out there finding someone who is interested in you?"

Gary's mouth dropped open and he just stared at her.

"Gary, the only reason that I haven't reported you to HR yet, is because for some reason that I simply can't understand, Travis likes you. He thinks that you have a lot of potential. Whether you know it or not half of the opportunities you've been given in the company, he set up for you. Early on when you first hired in, he went to bat for you and got you a better client list. When you fucked up, he was the one telling them that they needed to give you a chance to grow and develop. And after all of that, Gary, how did you pay him back? You stabbed him in the back, Gary. You hurt Travis worse than he's ever been hurt in his life."

Gary's eyes got even bigger. "Wha...?" he repeated. "What did I do?"

"Gary, what we're about to talk about, you can't tell anyone. If I even hear about it from anyone else in the company, I'll go straight to HR. I'll tell them about you perving on me and making this a hostile workplace so fast that you'll go to sleep one night and wake up fired. Do you understand?" asked Melissa.

Gary nodded his head solemnly.

"Gary, you're a doofus. You're fairly smart; un-focused and unimaginative, but smart. You have absolutely no luck with women, because you're a doofus. So you put an ad in Craigslist of all places," said Melissa. She just stopped and shook her head.

"Gary, why not go to a legitimate dating service? Okay, forget about it. That's your business. Anyway what type of women do you think answer those ads? Do you think you're going to find some angel advertising in the personals? Most of those women are broken in some way or they're just sluts. Occasionally, you'll find some older woman who's either divorced or looking to cheat on her husband."

Gary slumped down on the desk. His new found confidence was waning.

"So Gary, the woman you went out with wasn't out to fall in love with you or anyone else. She was just cruising for some strange dick. Now you're caught in the middle of what may end up being a divorce case, Gary. She has a husband and two kids. Is that what's made you so proud and cocksure lately Gary? You feel really good because you got your little dick wet finally, not realizing that you destroyed a family in the process."

Gary's head dropped onto his chest. He looked up and his entire expression had changed. "But, I..." he began.

"You didn't know, right, Gary?" asked Melissa. "It's not your fault, right? You probably also don't know that her husband found out what she'd done. You probably weren't the first one she cheated with if it makes you feel any better, Gary. But you were the worst one, Gary."

"Why am I the worst..." began Gary again. Before he could even say the rest of his thought, Melissa came across the office and got into his face. For a fleeting moment Gary felt fear. He'd been sure that she was going to hit him. Gary couldn't understand why she was so angry at him.

"Because you're the one who got caught, dumb ass," snapped Melissa. "It doesn't matter if that old whore had fucked fifty guys. None of them hurt her husband because he didn't know about them. You, Gary are the one who, as usual, fucked up and destroyed the family."

"Melissa, I'm sorry," said Gary. His voice sounded as if he was on the verge of tears. Melissa just glared at him.

"I didn't do this on purpose. I'm just like everyone else. I'm lonely and I'm fucking tired of being alone. I was just looking for someone to..." said Gary, his voice broke and tears formed in the corner of his eyes.

"They'd been married for twenty years, Gary. Damn you. I wanted it over but not like this. I didn't want him to hurt this bad. God Damn it I'd give anything to put them back together again. I don't mind waiting for him, he's worth it." Melissa was mumbling now and beginning to cry herself.

"What does this have to do with you, Melissa?" asked Gary. "Is that woman related to you?"

"No dumb ass," said Melissa. "Do you even know what her name is?"

"Of course," said Gary. "Her name is Ginger. Ginger Grant," said Gary.

"Gary, you dumb ass," snapped Melissa. "Ginger Grant was the redhead on Gilligan's Island. That woman's name is Betty Sutton. She's Travis' wife."

Gary slumped down even further on the desk. In the position he assumed, it appeared that he had no spine or any bone structure. He started blubbering. "I didn't know. I didn't know," he said, over and over again.

The phone on Melissa's desk rang shattering the moment. Melissa ran out to her desk and grabbed it. She spoke for a few moments and Gary couldn't make out any of her conversation. Then she came back into the office and looked at Gary.

"Gary, get out of here," she said. "That was Travis. He's on his way in. I told him to stop by his house and pick up his phone while the bitch isn't there, but that shouldn't take him more than about 15 minutes. Go do some work."

"But I have to tell him how sorry I am," said Gary. "And I'm sorry for staring at you all of those times too. I'll never do it again. It's just that you're so pretty and..."

"Gary, you don't stare at me because I'm pretty," said Melissa. "If you did you'd be staring at my face. It's not your fault and you're not the only one around here who does it. There are even three types of you perverts. Type one, stare at my boobs. Type two, stare at my ass. And type three, stare at my legs. Maybe I was just venting at you for all of them. I guess that's just how most guys are."

"But you are pretty," Gary said. "Really pretty..."

"Gary, what color are my eyes?" asked Melissa, closing her eyes as she said it.

"Uhm, blue?" asked Gary.

"Gary, my eyes are brown, like my hair. Did you even notice that I had eyes? Or did you think they were the same color as my nipples?" asked Melissa. "Travis doesn't blame you for what happened. Right now he's still in shock. He's hurting really bad, but he doesn't know what he intends to do. And the bitch, as far as I know, doesn't know that he knows. Did you give her your phone number?"

Gary nodded.

"Well when the police get done with her, which shouldn't be very long, she'll call you. If you do want to do something for Travis, don't let her know that Travis knows. As a matter of fact, don't even let her know that you know Travis," said Melissa. "It's a very big company with a lot of employees. There's a very good chance that both of you could work here without knowing each other."

Gary nodded his head and went back to his own office.

* * * * * *

Betty Sutton was pissed. She was angrier than she'd ever been in her life. Just as she drove onto her street she noticed Travis' Mustang pulling out of their driveway and heading in the opposite direction. She'd tried calling him from the police station, but she remembered that he didn't have his phone.

The police hadn't charged her with anything. But they'd documented the complaint against her and warned her to stay away from Melissa. Now that Betty had calmed down, she realized that she'd handled things badly. The easiest way to handle that cunt would be to wait a few days for Travis to get over his funk and then she'd do what she should have done from the beginning.

She'd get Travis in bed and after she fucked the shit out of him, ask him to get another assistant. It was time for Melissa to learn her fucking place. Betty and Travis had been together for twenty years. They had children together and a great life. Travis was in some kind of funk right now, but every marriage went through its ups and downs. That was the norm in a modern day marriage.

The bottom line was that she loved Travis and he loved her, case closed.

Betty went into the house. She'd been so angry last night that she'd neglected to put the food away. All of the time that she'd spent making that meal and all of the money she'd spent on the meat and the other ingredients had been wasted.

She walked up the stairs and took a shower. She came out of the shower and settled down naked on her bed. She was so tired. She needed a nap. All of the drama that she'd had that morning had been draining.

* * * * * *

When Travis walked into his office, he felt a little better. It was like the aftermath of a gunshot. At first it hurts like hell. The pain is so intense that it blocks out all other sensation and all other stimuli. But a few hours later, it just becomes a deep, sharp ache. Betty's betrayal still hurt like hell, but it was just a deep, sharp aching. He could still feel it very badly but it no longer blocked out everything else that was going on.

He saw Melissa sitting at her desk, answering the phone. She hung up the phone and wrote something down on a note pad. Travis waved at her and noticed for the first time that she was glaring at him.

He walked into his office and was about to sit down at his desk when he heard the door slam behind him. The door slammed so hard that it shook the walls.

He reacted like a startled deer and jumped back nearly a foot. He turned around and noticed that it had been Melissa who slammed his door. She was standing in front of him, breathing so hard she was nearly hyperventilating. Travis tried really hard not to notice that each breath cause her breasts to rise and fall and the sight was magnificent.

"The guards told me some of what happened, Mel. I'm really sorry," said Travis. "You shouldn't have to put up with that from Betty or anyone else. You have a right to be angry."

"Who cares about your idiot wife," snapped Melissa. "I'm angry at you."

"What did I do?" asked Gary.

"Why the fuck are you staying in some flea bag motel, Travis?" screamed Melissa.

"Melissa, I was going to tell you, because I know you're worried," began Travis. "I've done a lot of thinking and I left Betty last night."

"Travis, I Googled the motel you called from. It's not a good place for you. There are probably hookers there and you're too vulnerable right now. I have to put you someplace safe," said Melissa.

"But..." began Travis.

"But nothing," snapped Melissa. "Did you go to the therapist to try to save this fiasco?"

"Nope, I went to the lawyer, to try to end this fiasco," said Travis quietly. Melissa sadly and silently shook her head.

"You can tell me about it over lunch, Trav. You're buying," she said as she softly closed the door. The door didn't quite close correctly anymore. She'd have to get someone from the maintenance department up here to fix it. She walked past her desk and went into the office supply closet. She took a deep breath and finally let her true feelings show. "Hell yes," she said silently, as she pumped her fist.