Molly, Alyssa And Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
woodmanone
woodmanone
2,287 Followers

Jenny came striding down the aisle pushed through the little gate and took the stand. She was sworn in.

When Molly and Alyssa saw Jenny, they stood up and tried to run to her. The matron held them back. I motioned for them to stay put.

Jake then asked Jenny to inform the court who she was and what she was doing there.

"My name is Jennifer Riley and I am Molly's and Alyssa's aunt. I ask that I be given custody of my nieces as I am their only blood relation. Let them stay with me until Molly is 18 and then she can make her own decision. Later when Alyssa is 18 she can do likewise."

The judge said, "I hesitate to give them to you as I don't want them to leave the jurisdiction of this court. I wish to keep an eye on the girls until they are 18."

"That won't be a problem sir," Jenny answered him. "I have moved to Prescott and have already established myself. I have rented an apartment on Gurley Street (my house in case you were wondering). In addition, I start as a paralegal for Mr. Summers on Monday. You see I have a local residence and local employment and we are in your jurisdiction."

The judge asked Jake if Jenny was going to work for him. I nudged Jake and he said yes sir. It sort of blindsided Jake about the job, but I would cover the cost of Jenny's salary if necessary. Didn't think I would have to as he needed help in the office.

"It is the order of this court that the custody of Molly and Alyssa Kelly is awarded to Jennifer Riley. Miss Riley will be their legal guardian until each girl attains the age of 18. It is so ordered. Court adjourned.

Molly and Alyssa ran to Jennifer. All three were hugging, crying and trying to talk at the same time. I watched them through my tears; I must have gotten some in my eye again.

Ralph began to rant and rave at the judge, at his lawyer, and at me. I stepped toward him but the sheriff, moved between us.

"Mr. Henning, I suggest you get in your car and head back to Utah. You have just about worn out you welcome here," Bob told him. "Mr. O'Rourke hasn't signed a complaint against you for breaking into his house. YET.

I'm going to have a drink with my friend Mr. O'Rourke to celebrate the judge's ruling. It should take about an hour. If you are still here after an hour, I will arrest you. Do you get my meaning?"

Ralph left the courtroom at a run. I guess he decided Arizona didn't agree with him.

I loaded all three of the ladies into my truck and drove home. They helped me unload my get away supplies. I told them to go on up to Molly's and Alyssa's and now Jenny's apartment and have a reunion.

Early evening found all four of us at the restaurant downstairs for dinner. I ate there a lot for two reasons. The food was very good and I usually didn't have to pay for dinner.

The staff had sort of adopted the girls and always made a big fuss over them. After dinner Molly and Alyssa were tired so they went up to their bedrooms. Jenny stayed at my place for a night cap.

We talked about the hearing and other things. Among other things I learned that Jenny is a trained legal secretary. Maybe I won't have to front her salary after all.

I also found out that Alice, the girl's mother, was Jenny's younger sister. Jenny is 47 and is 10 years older than Alice. Around 10:30 she started to go join the girls. She stood took a couple of steps and then came back. Putting her hand behind my neck, she pulled me down and gave me a kiss.

"Thank you for helping my family. It means a lot to me."

"No thanks necessary. After all they are my adopted granddaughters." I laughed. "Good night Jenny."

After she left, I poured myself a bourbon; I needed it to ease the stress of this day. I thought about Jenny and how brave she was to follow her nieces across three states to find them. She had no idea what kind of man had them, but she came for them anyway.

I found myself thinking of her as not only a friend; but also as a woman. It was the first time I had thought of another woman in that way since my wife was killed. I was sure my Molly would have approved of Jenny and of the way I was feeling.

The next few weeks slipped by and spring came to our town. It's great time of the year. Almost every weekend Jenny, the girls, and I would go fishing, hiking, camping, or just for drives in the mountains.

As the days past I began to like Jenny more and more. We all usually ate the evening meal together, mostly at my place or the restaurant below.

Several times Jenny and I went out together to discuss the girls. These 'dates' made me realize that I was developing feelings for her. I didn't say anything to her because I wanted her to be with me because of her feelings, not out of gratitude.

Steve, the restaurant manager, almost became competition for Jenny's time. He had asked her out several times, but she always gently turned him down. He asked me one day why Jenny wouldn't go out with him. She seemed to like him a lot and he couldn't understand her refusals. I reluctantly told him I would see what I could find out, in a roundabout way.

A couple of weeks later I was at Jake's office doing some business. Jenny was running an errand and was gone. I mentioned that Jenny had not accepted any invitations for dates from Steve or anyone else. I told Jake I was puzzled. I knew she liked Steve but she kept turning him down.

"You have got to be the dumbest Gunnery Sgt, I have ever met. There is a reason Jenny turns down every date from anyone. You idiot."

"Why the hell are you insulting me Jake? What reason?"

"I always thought all that fighting and gunfire would scramble your brain. I was right. You big dummy, Jenny is in love with you. That's why she won't go on any dates, she waiting for you to get your head out of your ass."

"Your crazy, we're just friends; because of my helping Molly and Alyssa."

"I bet you a thousand dollars that if you ask her out on a real date, she would jump at the chance; a date to talk about things besides the girls. I will bet you another thousand that she jumps your bones before the month is over."

"You better lay off that firewater Jake; it's rotting your brain. I have to go."

All the way back home I thought about what Jake had said. Could it be true? Did she love me? While in the Corps, we were taught to adapt, adjust, and overcome; maybe I needed to adapt my thinking.

That night the girls were at a sleep over at Sheriff Bob's with his kids. You know it's almost incestuous how close everyone is in a small town; well at least in ours. When Jenny came home and started up to her apartment, I call out to her. I invited her to go to dinner with me; she accepted and said she would be back down in about 45 minutes.

Jenny knocked on my door in 40 minutes and I took her hand and led her down stairs. Walking past the entrance to our restaurant, I guided her to my truck. She looked surprised.

"I thought we were going to dinner," she said.

"We are, but to a special place. Jenny I want this to be a real 'date' for us; I don't want it to be just a routine meal at this place and don't want to talk about Molly and Alyssa. If you don't want to go on a real date with me, it's okay; but now is the time to say so."

She looked at me for a minute, gave me a smile and said, "Where are we going?"

The next day I wrote Jake a check for a thousand dollars.

That officially started our courtship. We still took Molly and Alyssa down stairs to eat, on the weekend adventures, and on some of the drives. However, we made time for just the two of us too. Romantic evenings spent getting to know each other better, dancing, and snuggling on my balcony. I wrote Jake another check for a thousand dollars before the month was out.

Three months after our first official date, as close as I can remember it, we called the girls to a meeting in my game room. They came into the room a little hesitantly, not knowing what was going on. Jenny and I were already seated at the large table.

"Ladies I need to talk to you about your future here. Jenny has decided she wants to adopt you both. She loves you and it would make things easier for all of you. How do you feel about her being your mother?"

After getting a nod from Alyssa, Molly said, "That would be great. We love you too, Jenny."

"There is one other thing to discuss tonight. I am going to have to resign as your grandfather when the adoption goes through."

Molly and Alyssa looked at me and tears began to form. "Why Patrick" What have we done?" Molly asked.

"Don't be mean Patrick, tell them," Jenny ordered me.

"Jenny and I are getting married and I can't be your grandfather anymore; I'm going to be your father. Jenny and I are going to adopt you after we are married. Is that okay with you guys?"

Then the floods came. There were tears all over the place from three females. I watched through my own tears, must have gotten something in my eyes again.

Three years have passed and life is good. Molly and Alyssa still live in the top floor apartment. Molly is going to college here in Prescott and Alyssa is going to high school and making all the boy's life hell.

I am very happy; maybe I have found peace after losing my Molly. It sounds morbid, but Jenny went with me to Molly's grave. I sort of introduced them and told Molly all about Jenny. Jenny wasn't freaked out about it and seemed to understand why I needed to do it. Jenny and I visit Molly at her grave once a month or so.

All and all, I think I got a fantastic reward for helping two young ladies in a snow storm.

As one of my favorite English authors says Life goes on.

woodmanone
woodmanone
2,287 Followers