Montana Rhapsody Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hal, his men and his cook. Everyone around here calls them recluses. What do you say about that?"

"To be honest, there's a touch of misfits about them individually but collectively they really jell. My impression is if I had my back to the wall I'd welcome anyone of them to my side. I have no fear of any of the men. They all appear to be open and straight and I understood all have lady friends in this locality. The one I'm apprehensive about although very friendly with is the cook/housekeeper. The one everyone calls Annie. Hal mentioned if I knew what Annie knows it would scare me and I now believe there's something profound in that which I hope to come to understand."

"Finally Miss McCoy..."

"Look, please no more Miss McCoy. I'm about to sign-up as a ranch hand so everyone I'm either Paris or Dummy because I'm such a greenhorn. Take your pick."

"Well Paris will Hal become the hero and you the heroine in your new book?"

"I guess we and our stories will be the basis to what I finally produce, but really don't read too much into it as it will be a sizzling romance and I'm not sure that Hal understands anything about romance or what the word sizzling means."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I should not have to explain myself to intelligent women."

"Oh yeah. Well Paris, enjoy your stay and success with your writing. Do you have a final word?

"Just this; I came closer to killing myself in making it up to the elevated ranch in the wake of a snow storm several days ago on the 13th. I'm already falling in love with this part of our country and look forward to the next big event on our ranch calendar. Calving on, er perhaps I mean from March the first. Oh, I've also been invited to speak to the Women's Auxiliary Friday week. I hope everyone comes along and make it into a real fund-raiser. By the way, what's with the name?"

Maddie conferred with Elsie.

"It perpetuates a grouping of women who banded together to assist with the war effort."

"Which war?" Paris asked.

"No one really knows," Maddie said.

Sue had been taking shots of Paris during the interview and when it was completed took a group photograph.

* * *

Next day just before lunchtime the guys were back working around the barns and corrals. Alan hoped off his four-wheeler and come rushing into the homestead with the mail and newspaper.

"Boss take a look at this," he yelled, tossing 'The Examiner' in front of Hal and glancing at Paris with a smirk.

"We unmask top novelist's secret assignment to Montana -- details page 3," read Hal. "Oh look, here's a photo of our Paris, called here the famous romance writer Paris McCoy, with three of our town's leading ladies."

Annie went racing to look over his shoulder. "You look very pretty Paris."

Paris sat still, embarrassed, hoping Hal wouldn't say it.

"I thought you said your visit to town yesterday was ho-hum?"

"Sort of," Paris said, turning redder, looking down at her lap.

"Sort of? Well let's turn to page 3 and see what kind of things happen when sort of nothing is apparently happening."

"Oh look, all these small photos of Paris with cute expressions," Annie cried excitedly. "Read me the story Hal, you know I need glasses."

Hal read the interview with great delight, glancing occasionally at Paris now bent over with her hands hiding her face.

As Hal finished Alan chortled: "You won't be able to walk into the supermarket Paris without being mobbed, even in the pharmacy and the general store. You'll famous because people will have read this story. They will all want to be in your book."

"It's a lovely story Paris," Annie said. "Thank you for the lovely things you said about us all. I wasn't aware you were in awe of me. My understanding was it was the other way around."

"Excuse me," Paris cried, and fled the room.

"Oh, you guys have embarrassed her," Alan said, rolling in laughter.

Telephone calls continued. Annie told Hal they had been coming all morning but she didn't understand what they were on about so told them wrong number. She had the impression Paris was in some sort of trouble.

Hal said he'd stay in and deal with them and do some bookwork. He told the callers Paris was out on a three-day ride with the rancher checking out fence lines and no, there was no cell phone contact out there and no they didn't have CB radio.

Late afternoon came the call he was hoping for, a call from his late mother's favorite magazine, 'The Ladies' Home Journal'. An hour later a deal was struck. Hal would host their reporter and photographer for two days in return for the magazine donating $2000 to Paris's favorite charity. Initially the caller had declined to consider making the payment, so Hal cut the call. He took a call from the 'Great Falls Tribune' and arranged for their photo-journalist to call on Thursday morning. An ABC affiliate TV station called so he arranged for their crew to also come also that morning.

An hour later the editorial manager for the 'Home Journal' called and asked would Hal as Miss McCoy's manager accept $5000 being paid into Miss McCoy's favorite charity in return for the journal being granted exclusive magazine rights.

"Yes that's agreed. Pay the check into the Montana Charity for Citizens in Financial Distress."

"Splendid, I'll do that as soon as you sign the contract."

"What contract?"

"An agreement between you and our company granting us exclusive magazine rights to Miss McCoy's story in coming to your ranch. It will prohibit her from talking to anyone from any other magazine."

"Listen lady, my word is my contract. If that's not good enough for you..."

"You word is fine, Mr Harrop. As soon as we publish the feature spread the check will be paid to your nominated charity."

"Do I have you word on that Mrs Long?"

"You certainly do."

"Well, we have a deal. Goodbye Mrs Long."

Meanwhile, Paris's bedside phone brought her out of an uneasy nap. "Hi, it's a woman for you. She knows you personally apparently," Hal said. "By the way I'm not annoyed at being used. I have you are handling your advance publicity very skillfully. Everyone is already wanting you."

"Everyone wanting me. What do you mean?"

"I'm switching the call through."

"Hello," Paris said sleepily.

"Gawd what time is it out there?"

Paris realized the call was her commissioning editor Ruby Street. "Two o'clock I think."

"You now sleep in the day time?"

"Well, today I do. How did you locate me and why?"

"As your publishing benefactor I thought I would be told first where you had located and why. But no, I have to hear it on radio news: 'Popular romance novelist Paris McCoy of New York is signing on as a ranch hand in a remote part of Wyoming to learn the ropes before writing her first western romance. Local female citizenry are agog someone so famous should arrive in their midst and already cowgirl Paris has received her first speaking engagement. A local newspaper this morning unmasked the celebrated writer who slipped into their community during a snowstorm.' Is all that true?"

"Yes, expect I wasn't aware I carried the tag 'celebrated'.

"Right, and the mean-ass writer didn't insert our name as your publisher into the story."

"Or if he/she did it was subbed out."

"Right, good point. Now young lady you are not to break your neck or get taken by outlaws. I want to receive an email report from you every second Monday beginning on Monday week."

"Yes Master; if nothing is happening I'll make it up."

"Try to nail this aloof rancher darling. It will make great publicity for us."

"Well I am suppose to wed him in August."

"What! That would be marvelous timing for us."

"It's just an Indian saying that came to me on the wind."

Ruby giggled and asked Paris was on drugs. Told certainly not she ended her call apparently pleased the secret project of the author she was hoping to have launched to take her publisher's number one spot was no longer a secret.

Paris went out and found Hal. She sat on his knee and put an arm around his neck.

"Er, I'm working on the farm accounts."

"Well consider this a rest period. Are you truly not mad at me and my loose mouth?"

"No I've gotten used to you. It's a matter of having to adapt quickly if we are to survive your rampant ways."

She kissed him, patted him on the shoulders and said he was such a nice guy.

Looking uncomfortable, Hal picked up a list as a diversion and began briefing her.

"These are the names of most of the media people who have called, wanting to interview you. I took it upon myself to say no to them all except the 'Great Falls Tribune' and a NBC affiliate who will have reps here on Thursday morning and then the 'Ladies' Home Journal and I have guaranteed the Journal you will not speak to anyone representing any other magazine in return to their team staying here for two days and the company donating $5000 to your favorite Montana charity."

"Oh darling, that is wonderful, $5000!" She hugged and kissed him and without thinking Hal was kissing her back.

"Should I lock the door?" Paris whispered.

"Er tonight."

She smiled and began playing with his hair; Hal looked trapped, like a frightened rabbit. She left the room to fetch coffee and he dashed for the door, yelling out he'd be back before dark.

Paris smiled and went to the bedroom to resume her nap.

When Hal arrived back at 5:30, Paris met him at the door, kissed him and led him to the bedroom, locking the door.

"It's not night time," he swallowed.

"It doesn't matter. You shave while I run the bath. The heating is up so undress me and then I'll undress you. I want to see what you've got."

"You'll undress me?" he croaked.

"That's what I said. Oh Hal, you poor darling. You're shy. You either do it in the dark or with most of your clothes on don't you?"

He nodded.

She switched off some of the lights. "Is that better?"

He nodded.

Paris led him to the shaving cabinet and she ran the bath and left him in peace.

Hal came out drying his face, wearing just his jeans and socks.

"You have a lovely torso."

Hal looked longingly at the door.

"Come, free my titties."

He walked to her obediently and undid and removed her shirt and reached around and unclasped her bra without a fumble.

"You're done this before."

"Yeah, many times but they were just casual womenfolk, not someone who'd be sticking around for some months."

Paris frowned. "Then you don't want to do it with me?"

"No I mean yes I do, yes I do."

"Well, let's get on with it Hal. Please put your back into it and at least look cheerful."

That seemed to motivate him. "May I touch?"

"Please do. Lick them if you wish."

Hal busied himself, putting his back into it until he almost had Paris climbing through the roof.

"I'll need to check the level of the bathwater Hal."

"Stuff the bathwater," he said. He pushed her on to the bed and yanked off her jeans.

"And the panties Hal."

"They look a bit fragile."

"Never mind if you tear them."

"Okay."

She lifted and he managed well.

"You have no hair."

"Ooooh. I wonder how that happened Hal? Selective breeding and my mom also chose a good sire?"

He grinned and said she was pulling his leg.

She ignored answering, instead unbuckling and pulling down his jeans before turning him and pushing him on to the bed to finish the job. Paris pulled off the briefs and said, "Oh my selective breeding and your mom chose a good sire."

They reached the bathroom in time.

He helped her into the bath and smacked her ass as she turned to sit down. Paris turned pink, and sat down rather heavily, panting a little. She didn't say a word. As he climbed in she drew her legs to one side and as he settled, leaning back with his arms along both sides, she lifted her feet on to him, capturing his erection.

"No one has ever done that to me before," he said, eyeing her half-submerged breasts keenly, "and not even bathed with me."

Paris tossed the soap to him, fantasying perhaps she'd take him on an extended sexual journey over the next few months during which he would enjoy new experiences but then remembered he'd mentioned 'many women'. She still had this golden thought of burying herself with him deep into a field of waving ripe wheat and oh, and trying to do it nude cantering bareback on a horse. Wasn't that wicked? But if those two concepts worked in practice they would find their way into her western romance, a very modern western romance.

They scarcely dried themselves when they left the bath. Hal carried her to the bed where he buried his face between her long thighs.

Paris had this vision of them sitting in front of the fire, late at night, half intoxicated and he asking if she'd like to do something stupid and of course she said yes. They undressed and ran out into the snow. He was supposed to be the toughest so he lay on his back while she bounded up and down, up and down, up and down and she melted.

"My God," he said, coming up for air and wiping his face while she dreamily melted.

The poor boy, she was next to useless for the moment, energy-depleted it seemed. She rocked away with her legs over his shoulders while he worked tirelessly.

Paris started at him and he stared right back, now sweat was appearing on his forehead. So she squeezed her muscles; his face turned red and he began to pant. She squeezed some more and he bellowed like one of his bulls, a gratifying sound to her as it told her she'd rewarded him as she had been mewing like a kitten.

Paris drifted off to sleep, knowing a beautiful smile was on her face despite having the horrible last-minute thought had he remembered to wear a condom. She was on the pill but that didn't cover everything since there'd been all those other women.

* * *

After breakfast next morning Paris reported for duties. At dinner they had agreed she'd work for 'all found but no pay' for a fortnight when a weekly pay rate would be discussed. She assumed she would be assigned something like mucking out the barn where a few unwell cows were housed.

"Go to town and assist Annie with the monthly shopping. You take the wheel because she's erratic, a danger to herself. Okay Annie?"

"Yes boss."

The vehicle was a Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4X4 power wagon. Paris thought the vehicle was more refined than hers but wondered if it could go where the dealer said where hers could traverse. But did it matter?

Annie appeared to be excited and they chatted well. A highway patrol trooper came up fast behind them and on the next straight passed them, it's pursuit/emergency warning lights flashed briefly and the driver waved.

"You know him?" Annie asked, mystified.

"Sort of."

"What kind of answer is that?"

"It was the trooper asleep in his car who I bypassed on the day I arrived. I've since made my peace with him by acknowledging my stupidity."

"Julian Olsen is a lovely man. Before he married Eve she was one of Hal's string of fillies."

"Wow a string."

"Yes. Know what you're getting my pretty lady."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

Near the supermarket Annie directed Annie where to park, backing into the less populated side of the building. "We are bulk customers so will come out of that side door."

As they neared the entrance Annie warned Paris not to feel overwhelmed.

Paris smiled and she'd been to very much larger supermarkets in Queens and farther out on Long Island.

They each took a trolley and where halfway down the fruit and vegetable aisle when Annie muttered, "Here is comes."

Paris looked and saw nothing untoward. A woman smiled at her, Paris smiled back and the women's eyes bulged: "Ohmigod," she shouted, "It's Paris McCoy with Annie Nomee!"

Within half a minute Paris and Annie were the center of a trolley jam and uproar eventuated. Supermarket management tried to steer the women away in various directions without avail. Finally it was announced over the inter-com that unless the women in the fruit and veggie aisle dispersed with sixty seconds the supermarket would be closed. Reluctantly the women withdrew.

"Thankfully we're parked out on the side. We shouldn't be mobbed when we leave," Annie grinned. "Did you hear anything anyone said?"

"Not a word," Paris grinned. "Progress was slow and women waited in ambush to secure autographs or to have a quick word, mainly to ask if they could be in the next book.

Just out of town Paris stopped and asked Annie to drive. "Put your new glasses on."

"Oh," said Annie who drove beautifully. "These glasses are a great help." She stopped right alongside the mailbox at the entrance to the ranch and said, "Oh, we have mail."

Annie added. "A record amount. Oh look, there's a sack of it tucked in under the box."

"Open some of my mail Annie," Paris said once all the mail was sorted, mostly addressed to Miss Paris McCoy. The first two Annie opened were invitations to dinner.

"None of us ever get invited out. Hal doesn't because he's neither engaged, married or considered an eligible bachelor."

"Well, that's changed," Paris grinned. "All the invitations I've read include Hal."

"Mine too," Annie said happily. "You couldn't have spent a better $8.50 on me. These magnifying spectacles are amazing. It's much easier than reading with glasses."

"I thought Indians had amazing vision?"

"That's a mixture of crap and truth. Our people's vision varies. But mine is bad for my age and always has been. I failed to come right after illness as a child."

"Mumps?"

"I wouldn't know. I was just sick and poorly."

Paris made a mental note to take Annie to see a consultant even if it meant going to Billings.

During lunch Paris took a call from Elsie of the Women's Auxiliary. She returned to the table rather white-faced. "I can't believe this. The luncheon is being shifted from the hotel dinning room to the Events Center. The Women's Auxiliary is getting more tickets printed. Elsie says they perhaps will be hosting one thousand people."

"Rubbish," Hal snorted. "The population of the town is not much over 700."

"Elsie say they now have five people taking phone orders. People up to one hundred miles away are buying tickets on their credit cards. Whole busloads of women are coming including quite a few men who feel if I can talk as well as I look then it's worth them coming. I'm ready to panic."

"You survived the stampede at the supermarket, you'll survive this," Hal laughed.

"Elsie has invited you, Annie and the boys as her special guests. All she asks is you give small donations to the nominated charity."

"Well, I'll be damned. The boys have never been invited to anything and I'm lucky to scrape up one invite a year. What's happening here? Oh, I know!"

"I'm sorry to risk embarrassing you Hal," Paris said meekly. "I'll buy the boys new jeans, white shirts and cowboy ties."

"To hell you will but thanks for the generous offer, There's money in the ranch slush account. Phone for a mail order catalogue and let the boys choose Annie but they must not go overboard. You are smart to know old jackets and old boots are acceptable winter wear in this region Paris."

"I was smart enough to ask Annie."

Hal grinned.

"I've picked four invitations I think I'd like to accept if you are interested."

"That's lovely, a couple a week was about what I thought. More invitations will arrive of course. But let's set two a week."

"Right Annie, you're my social secretary, fix it," Hal said expansively.

"No Paris will want to send hand-written letters of thanks to everyone including to the invitations she is accepting and giving dates which are suitable to you and her."

"Whatever you say. Fix it Paris."

"Yes boss."

"Gee wiz, Annie do you remember when it was just you and me around here and everything was so peaceful and predictable?"