Mothers and Daughters Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jed actually wanted to pay that $10K insurance bonus directly to me but I declined so as to avoid the legal hassles that Watson and Woodhouse would be sure to resort to. I assured Jed that $10K is just chump change considering that he is willing to go with me. Jed has been making the pretence that he is about to dump Price Waterhouse, to switch to Watson and Woodhouse. But he is really going to switch to me and be my star client when I start on my own in three months.

In this regard I have found space on the 80th floor in the Sears Towers with a magnificent view. The space will be available in three months time; actually in two months, but I shall need a month to renovate the office space to my liking. As Baxter & Sons headquarters office is also located in the Sears Tower, I can't ask for better circumstances to make such a smooth change. So now you understand, Walter why the crap they throw at me at Watson and Woodhouse is of little concern to me. I am excited about leaving and getting to start a real new career. You are the first to know about my imminent departure."

Walter was stunned by Vera's recitation. He was astonished at how much he had underestimated her. He had of course always been aware of her professional accounting skills, but he had no inkling of her energy and her drive. He had to marvel at her pragmatic approach to the situations she found herself in. Not one to complain, she made the best of any situation.

He felt a little inadequate for the first time in his life as he saw how decisive she was compared to his apprehensions. She had no qualms about taking the next step in her professional career, whereas he was always thinking of reasons why he had to continue at Watson and Woodhouse.

This meeting with Vera had taken a one hundred and eighty degree turn from his initial aims. He had asked Vera out merely to see if he would want to ask her to join him. Now by her candor he learned she was going to leave no matter what he did, and in essence she did not need him. Whereas if he did have the cojones to quit and strike out on his own he realized that he sure as hell needed her.

With this mindset he asked:

"I can understand your reasons for leaving, Vera. But have you not approached some others? Wouldn't success be more certain if you had a partner or two when starting a new venture?"

Vera replied:

"I don't deny the advantage of having a partner or two when starting a new accounting firm. However aside from you there is no one in this firm I would contemplate partnering with. And I am not friends with any accountant outside the firm that I would be comfortable with."

"Well if that's the case, then why haven't you approached me to join with your venture?"

"Because you're unavailable and would not be interested. So why should I waste my time trying to entice you to come along with me?"

"What do you mean I wouldn't be interested?"

"Since you are going to be a partner here there would be no incentive for you to leave with me. Even if we were to succeed in our venture you would not be any better off than being a partner here. So it would be foolish for you to risk what you have here only to hopefully get what you have here already."

"But Vera you know that I'm not a partner now. There is nothing written in stone that says I will become one."

"Well Walter, office politics is definitely not your strong suit, but you are a hell of an accountant. The firm knows it and they don't want to lose you. They'll eventually offer you a partnership but for now so long as you don't protest they're happy to keep you at slave labor and pay you a lower salary then you deserve. If you want to become a partner right away, all you have to do is make a credible threat that you are leaving and you will be made a partner within a week."

Walter's jaw dropped as he was now totally stunned by Vera's observations. As he reflected on what she said he had to concede that her astute assessment was right on the money. At the back of his mind he knew he had been taken advantage of but that he was not sure enough of himself to demand his due. Now this was his chance to truly set himself free and he decided to seize it.

He replied:

"I think you have some valid points. The truth is that I've been unhappy and I've seriously been thinking of leaving. I wish you would have approached me about joining forces. Now that I know your plans I want to ask if you would consider a partnership? I have some capital and I surely can take some clients with me as well."

"Are you serious?"

"I certainly am. Truthfully my main objective in meeting you today was to explore the possibility of starting a firm on our own. I'm surprised that you are so much further ahead than I am. However if you are willing I can sure catch up."

"I would be honored and overjoyed to start a partnership with you Walter. I am going to leave no matter what. But I am not going to strictly hold you to it. If you do accept the partnership they're sure to offer you once you announce your intentions to leave I won't demand that you refuse them. As for me since I'm not putting out for any of them I know their reaction will be 'don't let the door hit my ass as I leave'. Mind you I'd love to see their faces when they realize that Jed Baxter will be my client and not theirs."

"Not to worry, Vera I am committing to you unless they offer I take over the firm otherwise I'm with you."

Just as Vera predicted Walter was indeed offered an attractive partnership package deal to dissuade him from leaving. He knew though that he was out of his league with respect to the office politics of this firm. To ensure that he would receive his fair due he would have to necessarily play the game of office politics perfectly; of which he knew he was incapable. So he refused the offer of partnership without hesitation. He knew even if the business venture with Vera would ultimately fail he would not regret a minute of it. Ironically he realized that had the firm made the offer some six months earlier he would have accepted it.

Vera and Walter duly ironed out the details of their partnership agreement. As Vera had already set the wheels in motion there was no protracted issues to settle. The name of their firm was the only slightly contentious issue between them, but Walter had no problem in agreeing to the name "Starikovich, Snyder and Company". He knew it would be churlish of him to argue that his name should be first considering Vera's initial work in establishing the business. It was a sign of their confidence that they would add "and Company" to the name implying that they would become more than a two accountants firm.

Thus a smooth transition from an employee of a firm to partner/part owner of his own firm was established. Walter was able to take seven clients with him, and with Jed Baxter and Vera's other clients, the accounting firm of Starikovich, Snyder and Company of Chicago was off to a flying start.

Also pleased with the formation of Chicago's newest accounting firm was Richard Snyder. Naturally because of their relationship he had been privy to Vera's plans to start a firm on her own. He had offered to lend her money to help defray her start-up costs. He had stipulated that it would have to be a loan on paper to avoid suspicions but of course he was not concerned whether or not he would be repaid. Vera refused saying that she had plenty of money but if things did get dicey she would keep him in mind.

Walter did approach his father for a loan as he needed to match Vera's capital to form an equal partnership. Richard naturally had no qualms on giving his son the money but was definitely surprised since Vera had not previously indicated that she had been contemplating a professional union with Walter.

Some weeks later at their next regularly scheduled rendezvous he remarked to Vera during a break from their sexual activity:

"So Vera, I have learned that I am to congratulate you. You are to have a partner in your venture when you leave Watson and Woodhouse, and the partner is to be none other than my son. My, my, but have we not been coy! You've not breathed a word about the possibility of teaming up with Walter."

Vera chuckled as she replied:

"Yes well he took me by surprise a few weeks ago when I told him about my plans to leave. Walter confessed that he had been contemplating leaving too, and asked if I would want him for a partner. I, of course accepted in a nanosecond as I could not conceive of better partner. Hell, I might concede that he is even a better accountant than me, but of course I wouldn't admit that publicly even at the point of a gun."

Richard chuckled as well in his reply:

"Oh I'm sure you're no slouch as an accountant. Walter has continuously lauded your professional talent and skills to me. Speaking of which how do you feel about this new peculiar situation? We fuck regularly and now at the same time you will be in a close professional relationship with my son."

Vera answered:

"I don't correlate these two situations. I look at what is between you and me as our secret passion. Our coupling only pertains to us and has no bearing on the rest of our lives. As for Walter I'm grateful that I've overcome my initial sexual attraction I had towards him. I am capable of being completely professional in my dealings with him since I no longer contemplate jumping his bones."

Richard laughed out loud now, and asked:

"Am I presumptuous to suggest that our affair has something to do with your loss of interest in my son?"

"Now Richard, you do not need any further ego boost from me. Of course sex with you has made palatable the realization that I'm never going to fuck Walter, much as I might have liked to. However if the truth were known, I am not blind to his devotion to Linda. With her around I knew I've had no chance with Walter."

"Yes my daughter-in-law seems to have Walter wrapped around her little finger. I am delighted for him since as, I understand it; he had had a pretty shitty long-term relationship with a viper before he met Linda. That girl even had the effrontery to request a wedding invitation, apparently oblivious to the pain she had caused him."

"I guess you've got to give her points for chutzpah and detract points from her intelligence."

Richard returned to the original playful banter:

"So sex with me has only been palatable?"

Vera feigned mock alarm:

"My! My! My! Surely you're not that insecure that I must articulate more compliments on your sexual prowess? OK then, you are the bomb Richard! My very own Dr Dick! Those old codger tricks you've come up with have made my pussy sing. However if you are now good I have a trick of my own to treat you with."

"Oh yes? Really? Oh my your very own trick, Vera? Oh I am excited tell me more."

"Well you see how I've just now spread my legs? If you are a good boy and get on your hands and knees and start eating me out, I shall have a nice surprise for you."

Richard did as she asked intrigued to experience her "trick". He wrapped his hands under her buttocks so that he was in the optimum position to provide a sensational cunnilingus. Since presumably his eating her out was part of her "trick", he was determined to do a good job.

Lifting her hips he was licking her labia lips in earnest. Swirling his tongue around her genitalia, Vera started squeaking her appreciation. She placed a hand into his hair and was massaging encouragement. As he ventured his tongue on to her clit, she performed her trick!

She had curled a leg underneath him and was able to capture his penis between her big toe and the next one. She then stroked his cock providing a foot job. Athletically she was able to curl the other foot underneath him as well and was using her toes of that foot to caress his balls. The trick blew his mind as it was totally unexpected; a sexual play he had not previously experienced or imagined. In delightful euphoria he ejaculated on her toes as well as the top of her foot and ankle.

When he stopped cumming, he quickly got into place to slurp up all his cum. The touch of his tongue on her foot sent her into her own orgasm and she screamed out accordingly. Having gathered up all his sperm he repositioned to hover over her. Vera appropriately opened her mouth wide to receive his waterfall of sperm. They then snowballed and ingested his cum equally.

When they were finished Richard sported a huge grin and exclaimed:

"Who says you can't teach an old dog a new trick? My God Vera you are definitely the best thing that's ever happened in my life. These quarterly get-togethers are the only thing truly worthwhile in my life now. I sure as hell hope you will still want to keep them even if you do get a younger serious steady lover."

"Hush my sweet Richard we shall cross that bridge when and if we get there. For now, just enjoy what we've got. I sure as hell am."

The sex that weekend was most fantastic. Richard was as an exceptionable lover as she could ever want. That weekend he excelled in providing pleasure to Vera beyond anything she had ever hoped for or anticipated.

She would forever remember poignantly that weekend of sex as it was her last time with him. Six weeks later he died of a massive heart attack.

Unfortunately his death nearly coincided with a previously scheduled gala party at Walter's house in Buffalo Grove, to celebrate the opening of their firm. All thirteen clients were invited, along with other judiciously chosen guests and all had agreed to attend. For Jed Baxter to agree to attend, given his high profile social prominence in Chicago, was especially gratifying. With his father's death and subsequent funeral in Detroit, Walter could not host the planned party.

However since Linda was eight months pregnant with their fifth child and thus unable to travel she would still be available as hostess. And of course Vera was available to represent the new firm. Walter naturally had no clue that Vera would have an interest in attending his father's funeral.

Consequently, he saw no reason to reschedule the party as it would be more effective to have it as planned as opposed to postponing it for several weeks. Besides there was no guarantee that all the committed guests, particularly and especially Jed Baxter, could attend a postponed party on such short notice. If any of the committed guests could not attend a postponed party the effectiveness of the party would be greatly diminished.

Vera had mixed emotions as she would have truly wanted to attend Richard's funeral. Because he was the father of her business partner no one would be shocked by her presence. However, knowing herself she knew that she would have undoubtedly broken down in tears and would be vehemently weeping. Her behavior would be totally uncharacteristic of someone who supposedly only knew the deceased superficially. She would have to come up with some awkward explanations, which she probably could not pull off. In essence, as she agreed to co-host the party with Linda, she was relieved but definitely melancholy.

The party was a total success! Linda, notwithstanding her pregnant form was a radiant and gorgeous hostess. Vera was stunning as ever and the male clients of Starikovich, Snyder and Company were thinking they would have to come up with some excuses to confer more frequently with their new accounting firm. Vera, in addition to her extraordinary beauty, just had that agreeable cheerful personality that provoked smiles from each person she came in contact with.

Jed Baxter and his gorgeous wife, Felicia, were the star guests. As Jed was one of the richest men in the world the other guest clients were reassured in committing to Vera and Walter. If Baxter and Sons were satisfied with Starikovich, Snyder and Company then they would obviously be satisfied as well.

When Vera met Jed's wife she sighed inwardly. With Richard's death Vera had been thinking she would need a new lover and her thoughts naturally turned to Jed being the most superior man she knew. However Felicia Baxter was a stunning woman and Vera could see there was a fond loving bond between them. Their love for each other was demonstratively strong unlike what she had detected between Richard and Melody. Oh well thought Vera it was obviously back to the drawing board in seeking good sex.

In the previous weeks, Jed had given Vera some personal accounting assignments on the sly and was very pleased with her work. He remarked to her at the party that he had not previously given a thought about the accounting requirements for his businesses. Given the embezzlement problem his company had experienced he now recognized the importance of the accounting reviews for his businesses.

He could see that Vera was demonstrably vastly superior to the previous accountants his company had engaged. Vera beamed at the complement; especially considering that the previous accountants were the very prestigious and very well known firm of Price, Waterhouse and Coopers. Landing Jed as a client was one thing, but to keep him as a client would just about guarantee that their firm would succeed.

As the party wound down and the guests all left, Vera and Linda were relatively alone. The babysitter had also left after ensuring that Linda's children were asleep in their rooms. Vera had imbibed very few drinks throughout the party having resolved to stay sober and clear-headed while entertaining the clients. Linda had drunk not at all as a health concession to her pregnant state.

So when the women sat down on a couch to relax, they decided to have a glass of wine. Linda felt that one glass of wine would not do irretrievable damage to her fetus and that she could risk it. Although this was her fifth expected child it was only her fourth pregnancy having produced a set of twins with her second pregnancy.

Vera and Linda got along surprisingly well considering that they were practically strangers to each other. Vera marveled at how fecund Linda proved to be considering she had only been married four years and expecting a fifth legitimately born child. The conversation went smoothly as they each revealed their past to each other.

Although Linda's drink was the only one she had that night, she received a sufficient buzz from the alcohol which loosened her tongue more then she probably had wanted to. She amazed Vera by confessing that she had been an extremely promiscuous slut and whore (not professionally) before she met Walter.

Why the month before she met him she had had sex each night of that month with a different man. Not an easy feat to accomplish considering she lived in a relatively small town in Michigan at the time. Vera laughed and appreciated that Linda appeared to have the same kind of sense of humor as herself.

Walter proved to be the tonic Linda needed. Through therapy she was able to understand that the causes of her promiscuity were rooted in the child abuse she suffered. With Walter's understanding and love, she was able to heal. Linda proudly claimed she had been able to remain faithful to Walter despite the occasional temptation, but she reddened as she admitted to having committed one indiscretion; Walter's sister. But hell that was a lesbian act surely not considered cheating. Vera laughed and agreed that making love to a girl can't be considered cheating on one's boyfriend especially if one isn't a lesbian.

The conversation turned to recent events and Linda shocked Vera as she informed:

"I was talking to Melody, my mother-in-law this morning to offer her some comfort. She was not only devastated by Richard's death, but was beside herself to learn now that he had had a mistress for apparently presumably some years."

Vera reddened as she desperately asked:

"What! How did she find that out after his death?"

"The autopsy report showed the presence of Viagra in his system which use might have contributed in small part to the cause of his death. Melody pointed out she could count with the fingers of one hand the amount of times she had sex with him in the past two years. In her view it begged the question why the need for Viagra if he had such infrequent sex with her?"