Mr. Lewis Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've told you, I want to have some time so my highlights will look more—"

Cori bumped into me but I barely budged. "Dani! Ouch! What's—? Oh...No."

Yes, there Ryan was. In Bridal Elegance. With another woman.

"There has to be some type of explanation, Danica. Let's not jump to conclusions until we know all the facts."

"Right, facts," I recited numbly.

We walked to the front of the store, our dresses in hand. The consultant greeted us by name.

"Danica, Cori! You girls made a decision?"

Ryan's head whipped around so fast the movement looked unnatural. Like something from The Exorcist. Our eyes met, until the woman he was with took his attention away from me.

"Ry Ry, let's go look at what they got!"

"I'll be right over as soon as I ring these girls up, Mrs. Lewis," the consultant gushed.

"Mrs. Lewis!" the blonde bitch clapped and squealed. "Doesn't that sound so official, Ry Ry?"

I couldn't take it anymore. I gave my dress to Cori along with my credit card and left the store.

"Danica! Wait!" Ryan called after me.

I didn't answer for fear of my voice cracking under the strain of my unshed tears.

"Danica! I know you hear me! Hey!" He caught up to me and grabbed hold of my arm. "Hey! Will you stop?"

"Is this the reason why?"

"Why what?"

"Is this the reason why you were so quick to break up with me after I came back? Were you with her the entire time? Have I always been a side piece?"

"What, Dani? No! You don't get it. I told you change was coming but—"

"But what? You didn't want me to find out like this? You didn't want me to see that you and Malibu Barbie are engaged and about to ride off into the sunset?" I cocked my head to the side. "And to think, I thought we were getting back together." I laughed derisively. "I was stupid."

"Danica—"

I threw my hands out in front of me. "No! No. It's fine. I get it. I'm still immature and stuff. I get it. Just go back to your fiancée, Ryan."

"That girl is NOT my fiancée! Danica, if you would just listen to me," Ryan ran his hands through his hair.

"There's nothing left to say. Just go. Please." I looked into Ryan's eyes. I was unsure of what he saw there, but it had him retreating toward the store.

I stood by Cori's jeep, unable to do anything besides breathe. Even that was laborious.

I should've known it was too good to be true. There was no way Ryan Lewis wanted to be with me. He was clear about it in February, and now it was even more apparent.

Engaged!

My stomach jolted just at the thought.

"Dan," Cori's voice came from behind me.

"Well, at least I know why he was so happy for the past week."

"We can just go home if you want, Dani. We don't have to stay out."

"No, the day doesn't have to stop. Let's go," I said, opening the passenger door.

If Cori tried to talk to me during the ride over to Fox and Hounds salon, I had no recollection of it. Numbness filled me, making conversation impossible on my part. I could feel the tension and pity falling from her; it made me even more upset.

The stylist swiveled my chair around, making me face the mirror. I looked haunted. How could my face change so much in just a few short hours?

"So, I have you down for some highlights today. Is there anything else you'd like for me to do today?"

I looked at my reflection—at the locks that flowed down past my shoulders—and sighed. "Cut it off. All of it."

The hairdresser gasped and Cori hopped out of her chair.

"No, Dani! Your hair is...no..."

"Are you sure, honey?" the stylist asked, looking too afraid to even pick up the scissors.

I sighed. "It's time for a change. Do it."

"Okay. Now once it's gone...it's gone. Unless you want to pay for extensions, of course."

"I know." I was beginning to get irritated with this woman's pleas for me to keep my hair.

"Did you have a cut in mind?"

I pulled up a picture on my phone and she went to work.

My hair fell to the floor with silent tears.

12