My Girl Rachel

Story Info
Danger on the Net.
3.9k words
3.98
43.7k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dianne was at her computer checking emails while her daughter Rachel was getting dressed.

They had plans of spending the day together, something they had not done in a very long time.
The last eight months had been an emotional roller coaster for the both of them.
When Dianne's husband died suddenly last fall from a brain hemorrhage she was consumed with guilt and Rachel was consumed with loneliness.

Dianne was a prominent Emergency Medicine Doctor. How could this have happened? How could she have not seen the telltale signs?

Rachel outwardly blamed her mother for letting her father die and Dianne blamed herself as well, immersing herself in her work keeping extremely long hours, trying to drown her sorrows in her patients while leaving Rachel alone to fend for herself. And this was no time to be leaving a grieving young girl home alone.

Fortunately for Rachel while growing up, her father was always there for her, answering her questions, guiding her through adolescence and exposing her to the finer things in life.
Having his own home-based computer software company made it all possible.

With his Doctor- wife always at the hospital, connected to her work like a fetus to its umbilical cord, Jonathan and Rachel continued on with the family's plans even if that included vacationing without Dianne!
Her work always came first with the unkempt promise of ' next time... I promise'.

Over the years there were many destinations where Jonathan and his daughter vacationed just the two of them; California's Disneyland, Switzerland snow skiing, Cancun para-sailing, Australia snorkeling off the Great Barrier Reef and lastly an Alaskan Cruise for Rachel's sixteenth birthday where Jonathan warned Dianne he would never forgive her if she put her work before their daughter this trip.
And forgive her he had not. He died before the Ship returned to Port.
It was an eighteenth birthday Rachel would never forget.

With Jonathan gone, Dianne was slowly coming to the realization that Rachel needed her now and she was actually looking forward to being a mother to her daughter more than a Doctor to perfect strangers.

These past few weeks had been encouraging. Rachel was showing signs of forgiveness and was actually warming up to her mother.

"We'll have so much fun today Honey!" Dianne called out. "First we'll go shopping at Nordstrom's for some summer outfits, maybe even some new swim suits! Then we're off to Annapolis for a sail. Would you like that Rachel?"

Rachel loved to sail as much as her parents did. Owning a small sailboat when they married, Rachel's father introduced her to sailing when she was quite young.
On her thirteenth birthday Jonathan splurged, purchasing a beautiful thirty-eight foot Hunter sailboat naming it "My Girl, Rachel".

Maybe his naming it after his daughter was two-fold. Jonathan's life revolved around his little girl's happiness and well being. She was the love of his life while Dianne was so absorbed in her work she barely knew her daughter!

"Oh Mom, that sounds wonderful!" Rachel's muffled voice sang out as she slowly pulled a T-shirt down over her head.
She smiled as the soft cloth grazed her tender young flesh. Suddenly her nipples shot straight out causing her to giggle.
Tingles were racing to her pantied groin as she slowly drew the material down over her naked, quivering buds.

"What's so funny in there?" Her mother called out startling her.

Rachel felt a wave of embarrassment wash over her as those sweet tingles suddenly disappeared.

"Oh nothin Mom." She answered reaching for the pair of jeans draped over the chair to her vanity.

Dianne's pager suddenly started beeping.

"Ahhh mom... You promised we'd spend the day together. You promised..." Rachel cried out. "Please... don't answer it!" She begged.

While dialing the hospital’s telephone number to say she was unavailable today Dianne heard muffled cries coming from her daughter's room.

"Yes, this is Doctor Quartermaine. I received a page?"

Suddenly Rachel's bedroom door slammed shut in protest.
She threw herself down onto the bed sobbing.

"Daddy always kept his word... always." She whimpered.

Diane was on the telephone trying to convince the hospital she had more important plans today but she was losing the argument.

"Doctor Quartermaine!" The Chief of Staff came onto the line. “There was a Metro derailment just outside Washington, DC a short while ago and we have major traumas coming in. We need you here and we need you now!" He demanded in an ‘I won't take no for an answer’ tone.

'"Fine." Dianne conceded feeling like a whipped dog. "I'm on my way." She added before disconnecting, holding the silenced receiver in her hand as she walked down the hall towards Rachel's room.

Opening Rachel's bedroom door Dianne found her daughter lying face down on her bed crying.

Sitting down along side her Dianne put a comforting hand on Rachel's shoulder only to have it shrugged off.

"Oh Honey, please." Her mother sighed. "It's an emergency. I promise I'll try to get out of there as soon as I can. We'll go later today or if not, tomorrow." She offered.

Rachel popped up on her bed into a sitting position putting distance between her and her mother.

With a tear stained face she looked straight into her mother's eyes and shouted, " You were never here for daddy or me and your promises don't mean shit. Go ahead and go. I don't give a damn anymore!"

"Watch your language young lady!" Dianne warned in a raised voice.

She'd never heard her daughter speak this way before.

"And what are you going to do if I don't? You're never here!" Rachel answered in a defiant tone.

"You're grounded young lady. You'll be here when I get back from the hospital." Dianne ordered as she stood up, turning to leave the room.

"Don't count on it!" Rachel retorted.

Dianne acted as if she hadn't heard her daughter's last remark as she shuffled out of her room and down the hall.
Taking Rachel's car and the keys to her own she left for the hospital.

Rachel plunked back down onto her bed disappointed and crying as she heard her mother pull out of the driveway.


In all the confusion Dianne had left her computer on and connected to the Internet. Pinging sounds were coming from the den as friends on her online messenger were sending instant messages.

Rachel was not allowed to use her mother's lap-top computer because of confidential patient files stored on it but what the hell, it was on, her mother was gone and she was left home alone.

With an air of defiance Rachel sat down at her mother's keyboard. Another instant message box popped onto the screen.

"Hi Doc. Want to chat?"

Rachel's heart was pounding. This chat thing was new to her. Being so preoccupied with school, cheerleading, sports and then homework, Rachel seldom had time for anything as trivial as the Internet. Her own computer was used strictly for school.

Shakily she typed a reply. "Hi, sure I'll chat."

"Where are you located?" I-sail-4u typed.

"Outside of Washington, DC." Rachel answered.

They continued typing back and forth with I-sail-4u asking questions and Rachel answering them.
It appeared pretty harmless to Rachel and she was actually having fun!

"Hey," Rachel typed. "By any chance do you like to sail?"

"Was my name a giveaway?" I-sail-4u responded followed by a smiley face icon.

For the next two hours they typed about sailboats from mooring to anchoring and everything in between. And before the conversation was over they had made a date to meet at the marina in Annapolis today at two o'clock!

"Just look for me at Pier 7. That's where my sailboat "My Girl, Rachel" is slipped. I'll be arriving in a silver BMW convertible." Rachel typed.

"Great Doc, see you there and don't be late!" I-sail-4u answered before going offline.

Rachel wondered what I-sail-4u looked like as she shut-down her mother's computer before happily returning to her bedroom to decide what outfit she would wear to meet her new sailing buddy.

As she flipped through the many hangered articles of clothing in her closet, she asked herself why she hadn't asked this guy what his name was or what he looked like! How was she going to recognize him?

Selecting a matching green blouse and shorts she dismissed the guy from her thoughts concentrating more on accessorizing her outfit.

Rachel's father had loved to shop and so they indulged often.
He would situate his lovely jade-eyed daughter in a fitting room and feed her clothing as if he were a waiter in a fine restaurant!
His taste in clothing and knack for accessorizing was impeccable.
Rachel had closets filled with beautiful outfits as well as drawers filled with accessories to go with the outfits! Not to mention the hundreds of pairs of shoes that went with them!

Rachel was getting teary eyed reminiscing over all the beautiful gifts her father had showered her with over the years. He was so good to her and she missed him dearly.

The telephone rang startling her from her thoughts.
Reading the digital number displayed on the receiver, Rachel decided not to answer it. It was the hospital's number and probably her mother!

"Let her ground me!" Rachel laughed out loud walking defiantly into her bathroom to freshen-up before changing outfits.

Dianne was pacing in place at the nurse's station with the silent receiver to her ear.

"Where is that girl?" She asked herself out loud.

"What girl?" The head nurse asked looking up.

Dianne shrugged her shoulders replacing the receiver on its cradle as the intercom paged her to exam room 3 and STAT!


Rachel pampered herself, taking a leisurely bubble bath, then did her nails, both hands and feet, then dried her long red hair and was applying her make-up when the telephone rang, interrupting her.
Reaching over, lifting the receiver, it connected before she was able to view the displayed telephone number.

"Hello?" Rachel answered hesitantly.

"Hi Honey, it's Mom. They have everything under control here, so I'll be home within the hour. See you soon!" She announced with a spring in her voice.

Before Rachel could respond her mother had hung up.

Nervously, Rachel peeked her head out of the bathroom into her bedroom checking the clock on the wall. It was already two PM!

Oh well, she thought as she finished applying her make-up. So I stood the guy up. No big deal. It's not like he knows who I am.


Dianne glanced down to her wristwatch as she neared the Marina.

" 2:10 PM... I have time to ready the boat before picking up Rachel." She said out loud pulling off the main highway.

There was still plenty of time to take a nice cruise before sunset. How she enjoyed this daylight savings time!

A warmth washed over her when she spotted the My Girl, Rachel, moored along Pier 7 as she parked Rachel's BMW.

Tears began welling in Diane's eyes as she walked towards the dock. She had not been on their boat since before her husband died.
How she wished she could magically turn back the clock and spend those outings now with Jonathan and their daughter.

Walking down the gangplank Dianne's heel caught on a raised board. She screamed out, finding herself being catapulted forward.

"Gotcha." A deep voice sounded as strong arms caught her, breaking her fall.

In a hoarse whisper Dianne thanked him while trying to get her footing but the man tightened his grip on her lifting her off the ground, turning and continuing down the wobbling planks.

"What are you doing?" She demanded while struggling to get free. "Put me down."

The silent stranger only tightened his grip on her.

Dianne's eyes shot from side to side in terror. There was no one else in sight.
Who is this guy and what is he doing?
Her heart was pounding, her pulse racing as morbid thoughts flashed through her mind like a bad movie.
Working long hours in the Emergency room she had treated un-imaginable injuries resulting from muggings and rapes.
They were just ordinary everyday people, crime statistics... until now.

Suddenly a clothed hand was covering her nose and mouth as if anticipating her impending screams for help.
The numbing smell was all too familiar as she held her breath as long as possible before gasping for air.
Dianne felt lightheaded as her lights began to dim.

When she regained consciousness she was disoriented, below deck, lying naked on her own bed in a pool of bodily fluids.
Her head was throbbing from the chloroform and she felt sick to her stomach.

Looking down to her wrist for the time she discovered her treasured watch, the one Jonathan had so thoughtfully engraved and given to her as a Med school graduation gift, was gone.
How she longed for Jonathan's comforting embrace and support right now.

Pulling herself to her feet she staggered into the bathroom to use the telephone there.
Still in a hazy blur, she didn't know who to dial first; the police, her daughter, the hospital?
While trying to decide her fingers automatically pressed 9 1 1.

After taking the particulars from Dianne, the operator instructed her to stay on the line until the officers arrived. They were on their way.

Dianne fumbled for the robe hanging on the back of the bathroom door, pulling it from the hook she covered her trembling flesh, plunking down onto the closed toilet seat as body fluids continued to seep from her abused orifices.
Now she understood first hand why so many women showered before reporting their attacks, as she wanted so desperately to do the same! But she knew the routine. She had heard it repeatedly at the hospital. Don't destroy any potential evidence if you have any hopes of catching the guy.

Feelings of shame and guilt then anger and disgust were stirring deep inside her before she became aware of her husband's scent on her robe.
With tears streaming down her face, she sat... waiting... trembling... hugging the robe as if Jonathan were still inside.


Rachel was beginning to worry. It was 3:45 already and her mother was always on time! There was one thing Rachel and her father could always count on. When Dianne was running late or couldn't make it she ALWAYS telephoned!

Concerned, Rachel finally called the hospital.

"Sorry Rachel," The receptionist answered. "Your mother signed out two hours ago."

"Uhhh... okay... thanks...but..." Rachel stalled.
She didn't know where else to call.

"Hey Wait!" The volunteer clerk added in a puzzled voice seeing Dr. Quartermaine come through the emergency room sliding doors wearing only a robe. "Here's your mother now."

Rachel could hear the woman announcing she was on the line.

Reluctantly Dianne took the receiver.

"Hi Honey. You okay?" She asked in a daze trying to mask her own distress.

"Mom, you're suppose to be home. Where the hell have you been?" Rachel demanded.

Trembling, Dianne dropped the receiver, breaking into tears as the sordid rape began flashing through her mind.

Spotting police officers standing behind Dianne, the clerk picked up the receiver and told Rachel she really needed to come to the hospital.

Rachel hung up, grabbed her purse and ran out the front door.

She was unpleasantly surprised to discover her car was not in the driveway!

"That Bitch!" Rachel yelled out loud before turning and stomping back inside.

Slamming her purse onto the chair in the living room Rachel threw herself down on the sofa, crying. All the broken promises her mother had made to her over the years were flooding back to her now. She wished it had been her mother that had died on that Cruise and not her father.

"Oh Daddy..." Rachel sobbed. "How could you leave me like this?"

Suddenly the room grew icy cold.
Rachel shivered, thinking she felt a hand softly caress the back of her head, smoothing her tangled hair down her back, just like her father used to do.

"That's my girl" whispered through the silent room.

Rachel lay speechless on the sofa. Was her mind playing tricks on her? My girl was the term of endearment her father always used to calm her down when she was upset. She tried to speak but no words were coming from her, only soft moans and whimpers.

"Your mother needs you now more than ever Rachel. We've shut her out long enough. It's time to forgive and move on."

Suddenly Rachel recognized the scent of her father's cologne.

"Daddy? Is that you?" She choked out.

"I'll always be near. You’re my girl, Rachel..." echoed through the room as the chill disappeared as instantly as it had appeared.

Rachel felt numb. What was her father trying to tell her?

Getting up from the sofa, Rachel grabbed her purse off the chair and raced out the front door. She remembered her father hiding a spare key on her mother's Mercedes.

Kneeling down on one knee she felt up under the front bumper until she came upon the little magnetic box.

In no time she was on her way to the hospital.

In the Emergency room, the attending physician was giving Dianne a thorough examination utilizing the customary rape kit. The nurses were taking photographs and labeling specimens taken from Dianne's ravaged body as a policewoman looked on.

"How humiliating this is." Dianne thought finding herself on the receiving end for the very first time!

By the time Rachel arrived at the hospital her mother had been allowed to shower and was dressed in an extra change of clothing she kept in her locker.

Dianne anxiously hugged her daughter as she stepped through the Emergency Room doors. How thankful she was that it had not been Rachel alone at the Pier this afternoon!

"Mom, are you okay?" Rachel asked, embracing her mother while noticing she wasn't wearing the same outfit she had left the house in this morning.

"I am now Honey." She answered fighting back tears. "Can you drive me to the Marina to get your car?" Dianne thoughtlessly blurted out.

Rachel was puzzled. What was her car doing at the Marina?

Rachel's face flushed crimson as she remembered the broken date with the internet guy. Oh no, I hope mom didn't run into him! But why did she come back to work? And how did she get here if my car is still at the marina?

"Oh please Lord let it not be true." Rachel prayed silently.

She was afraid to ask any more questions of her mother. Afraid her thoughts just might be true. Had her mother run into this guy at the marina? Did he tell her about their date? Worse yet was the guy a weirdo?
Rachel had heard rumors around school about weirdoes on the Internet, but that's all she thought they were... rumors. Just stories parents made up to keep their kids off the Internet.

"Sure Mom. Are we still going sailing?" Rachel asked hesitantly anticipating perhaps a lecture.

Dianne couldn't break their plans and disappoint her daughter plus she needed to act as if nothing had happened.

"Yes we are Honey. I had gone there to get things ready for our sail, but was called back to the hospital for an emergency." Dianne fabricated.

Rachel was wondering how her mother got back to the hospital if her car was still at the Marina, but she could see the distress on her mother's face, so she decided to leave well enough alone and not ask any more questions

"Are you sure you're okay Dr. Quartermaine?" The Emergency room nurse called out seeing Dianne leaving with her daughter.

"Yes, Jackie. I'm fine. Thanks for your help with the Emergency." Dianne said with a raised brow as she took Rachel by the arm leading her through the automatic sliding doors.

They were both silent on the short drive to the Marina.
As Rachel pulled her mother's car into the parking space alongside her own parked car Dianne commented on what a good driver she was.

"Gee thanks Mom," Rachel smiled putting the car into park. "I think this is the first time you've ever ridden with me behind the wheel."

12