My Marriage Mistake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers

Chuck replied, "We do get together with couples once in a great while but June is still rather shy."

"I'm getting hungry from all that dancing. Let's order a bottle of champagne and get that waiter over here so we can order dinner," I suggested.

Shelby was a little taken aback. I guess she didn't like me giving so much attention to June, even though that's what she wanted. We all had a glass of champagne and I made a toast. "To all of us and to the wonderful evening ahead." We touched glasses and drank our champagne. I reached over so Chuck could see me and squeezed June's upper thigh. She looked over at me in surprise and put her hand on mine and squeezed it. Damn, she felt pretty good. I raised my hand with hers on it and lightly kissed it.

"Let's order, dinner's on me. June, I hear they have great lobster tail. Would you like to try it?" I asked.

She said it would be nice and I could order for both of us. I asked Shelby what she would like and she ordered a shrimp platter. Old Chuck ordered the most expensive steak on the menu; that wasn't any surprise. We were on our second bottle of champagne when the food arrived. One thing about me, I could always handle my liquor. June was drinking sparingly so that made Chuck and Shelby the drinkers for this evening.

Shelby and Chuck must have been getting a little loose. Chuck moved closer to her and put his hand in her lap. While they were sitting there, I asked June if she would like to dance some more. She got up and we began dancing. She complimented me on my dancing. I asked her if she was having a nice time. She told me she was and wished it was a real date.

I told her for the record, between me and her, it was a real date. The dinner, the dancing and the companionship were all real. I did tell her there wouldn't be any sex because I was married and it was just something I felt was wrong. I also told her after the divorce I might just look her up and she just smiled and said, "I'd like that."

I asked her what the rest of the plan was supposed to be and she told me that they had rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn and Chuck had video cameras set up to take a video of us having sex and they were going to use it to get the proof of me cheating. I asked her when she was suppose to get paid and she told me they gave her five hundred dollars up front and the rest would come when she gave them the video. I was sure they weren't going to give her anymore money but we needed to give them a tape. I got the room numbers and walked her back to the table and excused myself for a few minutes. I called my cousin Rob who was night shift manager at the Holiday Inn and told him to insert a video camera in the other room also. Both rooms were registered in my name and I authorized the mini-camera so it wasn't illegal. Now we would both be videotaped.

When I returned to the table I saw Chuck's hand all the way up Shelby's dress. I guess there was a little finger fucking going on. I asked June for one last dance before we left for the motel. She told me while I was gone they had congratulated her on getting me to accept her. They didn't know it was just a plan.

"June, it's their plan. You are one beautiful woman whom I consider an honor to date. I haven't been playing on your emotions. The things I told you and touching your thigh were real. I wasn't acting with you. You need to know that. Under other circumstances, I would have made love to you if you would have let me."

I leaned forward and kissed her gently on the lips, and she returned it with more pressure.

"Well, time to get the show on the road," I said, as I glanced into June's almost tearful eyes.

Chapter 2

We went back to the table and I asked Shelby if she had reservations anywhere else since she was supposed to make all the plans.

"I have two rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn if you want to go further. Of course it's totally up to you."

"Well, yes, since we are both doing this, I guess it's alright. If it was just me, I'd have a problem with it. You know our pre-nuptial agreement and all. June's a lovely woman but I can get a lot of action for a half-million dollars," I smiled.

Everyone laughed, but I had to let them know that I wasn't a total dumb-ass. I didn't want them to think their plan wasn't working. I could just about see dollar signs in their eyes. They were watching me so I guess they figured they should do something so I knew they were going to be intimate. He reached around and grabbed Shelby little butt and squeezed it and smiled at me. So I did the same to June and she turned and kissed me hard on the mouth. I knew she wasn't acting.

I told Shelby that she could ride with Chuck, and June could ride with me. I asked them for our room key and I saw them stare at the keys to make sure I got the right one.

We headed over to the motel and, as we pulled into the parking garage, I told Shelby that I would see her at home in the morning. I put my arm around June as we went to Room 704. Shelby and Chuck were a couple of doors down in 710. We walked into the room and June looked at me.

"What do we do now? As much as I would like to we can't make love. As you said, 'I'm not worth a half million dollars,'" she smiled.

The video was on, but there is no sound to these units. It made them a much quieter unit and less detectable. Rob, my cousin said that there is one in the smoke detector and the other is in the corner ceiling vent.

"Do you like solitaire?" I asked as I pulled out a deck of cards. "I'll teach you how to play solitaire with two people. We have to stay in here at least an hour in case they come looking. Do you think you will have a problem at work once they find out they were double-crossed?"

"Probably. I don't work for Chuck but I guess between the two of them, they'll give me a hard way to go. I'm a big girl; I think I can handle it."

"What about the braces? Your daughter still needs them."

"I'll try and see if I can borrow the money or something. It will be alright."

That was always what my mom used to say to me so I wouldn't be worried.

"Why don't you go and work elsewhere? You have a great employment record and I know you can do better."

"How do you know so much about me? All about my family, my job, even my ex-marriage?"

"I can't tell you that right now, but I know people who know other people. The Allied Company is looking to hire a marketing person. Why don't you apply there on Monday?"

She smiled at me and said, "They say you have to know someone to get on there. It's one of the best places to work around here."

I smiled back, "You do know someone. You know me. Do you have any vacation left at Marcus Company?"

"Yes, I still have two weeks left. Why?"

I took out one of my gold lined business cards and wrote on the back. "Margaret replacement, Randy R." "Now, come Monday, I don't want you going back to Marcus. Call them and tell them you're taking a vacation and take this card to The Allied Company receptionist. Do you understand?"

"Yes, but..."

"No, buts. You have to trust me. Just do as I have asked you. Will you do that?"

"Yes, I can do that," she answered.

We had a bottle of wine delivered up to our room and talked and played solitaire for over three hours. "Well, June, as much as I would like to lay you on that bed and devour you, I have to take you home. Are you ready to go?"

We opened the door and walked out quietly. As we walked by Shelby's room we could hear the moaning. They must still be at it. When we got to the service desk I told Rob to give our tape to Shelby when he sees her in the morning and to put the one in their room aside and I would get it tomorrow.

I took June home and told her that it was one of the nicest dates I had in a long time. I reminded her about Monday and then I couldn't help it - I leaned over and kissed her goodnight. A lot more than once. I walked her to her door and kissed her once more. No cameras to worry about here. She took off the jewelry that Shelby loaned her and asked me to give it back to her, and then disappeared into the house.

I got in my car and headed home. I actually felt kind of sad. June was one nice lady. Her life mirrored my mom's in a woman working hard to take care of her children and make ends meet. I was going to help make things easier for her.

Shelby came home on Sunday morning and asked when I got home. I told her I came home last night. June asked to go home so I dropped her off at her house. "So, Shelby, how was your evening with Chuck?"

"I prefer not to talk about it if you don't mind," she answered.

"Good, as long as you don't ask me about my date, although she is one fine lady and I can't understand why she married such an arrogant ass," I said to get Shelby roused a little.

"What's wrong with Chuck? I think he's a really great guy. I don't think he's arrogant at all," replied Shelby.

"I don't know exactly. There's something really phony about him. I can't quite put my finger on it but I wouldn't trust him if I were you. He may be your boss but he's still full of shit."

Shelby gave me kind of a mean look and said she wasn't feeling good and was going to lie down.

About seven o'clock that evening the phone rang. Shelby answered it. I only heard half the conversation but I knew it was Chuck. "What" ... "He didn't" ... "Nothing at all" ... "Cards?" ... "No, he never said ..." ... "He came home last night." Then in a low voice she whispered. "Wait till I see that bitch tomorrow." ... "Fuck, no, I can't ask him anything. Then he'll know something's up." ... "Okay, we'll talk tomorrow; yeah, love you too. Bye."

"Who was that on the phone?" I asked.

"Chuck just called and said what a great time he and June had and thanked us for paying for everything. So, how did it go between June and you?"

"We already discussed that. 'No tell,' remember? Your idea. Oh, by the way, June told me to tell you 'Thank You' for loaning her this Jewelry, as I handed it to her. She said it was really nice of you to lend it to her. I think she thinks of you as a real friend. Oh, I have to go out for awhile. Do you want me to bring you anything back?"

I had to go pick up my tape of Shelby and Chuck from the motel. Gee, I wonder what I might see on it.

She didn't want anything but me out of the house. I think she needed to discuss things with Chuck. Things didn't go according to their plan. I laughed as I got into my car and headed over to pick up the tape.

I received the tape and asked if I could use a room for a few minutes to verify the tape. I used their office and fast forwarded through a lot of the tape. They really went at it. He came twice before having to rest. After their rest, they must have done it one more time before going home. At least they cleaned up afterwards. I went out and got some dinner and contemplated my next move. When I got home, Shelby was already in bed. I know this might sound odd, but we slept in separate rooms. I was used to sleeping alone and so that's the way it was. It was funny looking back that Shelby never even questioned the separate room issue. I guess she didn't want to sleep with an old man or at least an older man.

I was up and out the door before Shelby was out of her shower. I had a lot of things to do. I went to my office and started making phone calls. I had to get a few people out of bed or their shower, but I didn't care. I called the Marcus Company, The Allied Company, and then my lawyers, making an appointment for later that day.

**************

June talks about her appointment:

I got up early this morning not knowing what to expect. I got dressed in my nicest business outfit and sent the kids off to school. I had to call the Marcus Company and tell them that I wouldn't be in and was taking at least a couple of days vacation. Randy, didn't do much explaining to me. I sure hope he wasn't playing with me. I really liked him and right now my life was kind of in his hands.

About ten o'clock I headed over to The Allied Company. I always wished I could work here. It was kind of a symbol of success in the community. I walked up to the receptionist.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, I'm here to apply for a position....."

"I'm sorry, we're not hiring right now."

I handed her the card that Randy gave me. She read it and asked me to please be seated. She would just be a minute. I watched her walk into an office and returned with a gentleman in about two minutes.

He held out his hand. "Mrs. Ross, I presume?" he asked. "I'm George Petro, head of Personnel.

"Yes, I'm June Ross. Randy sent me here to apply for a position," I replied.

"Yes, yes, Margaret is retiring and you're her replacement. Please follow me."

Did he say I'm her replacement or applying to be her replacement? I haven't even given him my resume yet. I followed him to another office and he said it was nice meeting me and his secretary would take care of my paper work. He then left me with the secretary.

"Hi, June. I'm Audrey. Welcome to The Allied Company. We need to take care of all your legal papers and get it all out of the way. Would you mind filling out these papers?" she smiled.

"Audrey, I came to apply for this position. There must be some mistake. I haven't even been interviewed yet," I said.

"I'm sorry, June; I guess I thought you knew. When you got that card from Randy that was as good as any interview. You got the position. After you fill out the papers, we'll go over the details. You will be starting tomorrow."

"Shouldn't I give Marcus Company a two week notice? It doesn't seem right to just leave them hanging like this. They were pretty good to work for.

"Marcus Company is a subsidiary to The Allied Company. Most people don't know that. We're the big boys so to speak. Your records are already here. We just transferred them into our computer. You will keep all your seniority and benefits, except some of them will be improved. We'll go over that also. So, if you'll fill out the papers we'll get started."

This was unbelievable. I got the job and better benefits, and I never even interviewed for it. I was wondering what my salary was going to be but was almost afraid to ask. I filled out my tax forms and gave them to Audrey. She really was a friendly gal. She asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee and got us both one.

"June, I know you have a thousand questions and I'll do my best to answer them. I'll tell you some of the important information and give you some books and pamphlets to take home and read. After we get finished with the paper work I'll take you on a tour of the office and introduce you to Margaret, the woman you will be replacing. She's retiring next month after thirty years with us. Let me tell you it's a great job and you're really lucky to get it. We've had over thirty applicants interview for it."

"I hope I can fill Margaret's shoes. She sounds like a really good person."

"You'll do fine or Randy wouldn't have staked his reputation on you. I can only tell you this: when Randy speaks, people listen. It's that simple. Now, I know you are interested in your salary but probably was afraid to ask. You will start at sixty thousand a year...."

"What? Sixty thousand is almost double what I was making," I replied

"Don't tell anyone else your salary here. That's a no-no. This job was suppose to start at fifty but Randy said to give you credit for your fourteen years at Marcus. Your insurance benefits are better here also, but I was told to inform you that your daughter's braces are a pre-existing condition so they won't be covered. The good news is here is a check for four thousand dollars as a bonus for taking this position. Compliments of Randy for helping him out."

I started crying, and Audrey smiled at me and had tears in her eyes also. I guess it's just something mothers do. Audrey told me she had two kids who were in their twenties and out on their own now. They needed braces when they were younger.

We finished the discussions and the paper work and she took me on a tour of the building and all the offices. We stopped at one office and she introduced me to Margaret. She was around sixty but was very neat in appearance and very jovial. She would be interesting to work with for the next month. She promised me she would teach me everything I needed to know. She congratulated me on getting the position and then Audrey said it was time for lunch and we headed to the cafeteria.

The following day I started my new job. It was almost a new start for me and my kids, thanks to Randy, a man I hardly knew.

Chapter 3

I made all my calls to help June along a little. Still hard to believe the feelings I had for her. Damn, man, I hardly knew this woman, but I had to help her out. Raising two kids on a limited income, one parent families, I hated that. A kid should have a chance in life. I watched my mother cry for too many years trying to get us what we needed. I felt that same feeling when I was with June. The, "I'll do anything for my kids," she shouldn't have to and now life will be better for her. I always liked helping good people, but despised the ones who used people. I had that type to deal with now.

I watched the tape of them in the motel again. You could tell by their actions that this wasn't their first time together, which wouldn't have made any difference anyway. I knew that from the time she told me she wasn't really pregnant that something was in the works.

I made a copy of the tape and took it to my lawyers. I had more than one lawyer. They all agreed that the marriage issue could be resolved rather quickly with this kind of evidence. After reading our pre-nuptial they asked if she had anything on me to counter-sue. I told them not unless playing cards in the motel counted. I did tell them about the few touches and a couple of kisses that they saw. Again, it was just their word against mine and wasn't all that bad anyway. It didn't reach the point of cheating as stated in our document.

They asked me about suing the three people who were trying to defraud me of money. I told my lawyers that they didn't have anything I wanted and as for the woman, I didn't want her name mentioned. If it wasn't for her, I would have never known about the plan to appropriate money from me. Of course I knew but wanted to keep June and her family out of it.

I told the lawyers what I wanted and to draw up the papers as soon as possible. I would be back in a few hours to pick them up. When I went back to pick up the papers the lawyers told me that I was being very fair under the circumstances. They said they could get the marriage annulled quicker than going through the divorce. I took both sets of documents with me and headed out the door.

I did something that I very rarely do. I went to the Marcus Company. Most of the people knew me by name but very few had ever met me. I walked up to the receptionist and asked to speak to the company president. She tried to hold back a laugh and asked if I had an appointment.

I don't always dress in suit and tie. I prefer the casual look and that's how I was dressed. A nice polo shirt and a pair of dockers pants.

I handed her one of my gold cards but it didn't mean anything to her. "I suggest you go back and hand him this card. I'm almost sure he'll want to see me."

She started to say something to me but looked back at the card wondering why it would get me in to see the president of a company. She wasn't sure what to do and got up and went back to the president's office. She wasn't gone a minute when she and the president of the company came out in a hurry. "Mr. Rhine, sorry to keep you waiting so long. Please come back to my office," he said. He then turned to the receptionist and said, "Marla, we do not want to be disturbed."

She said, "Yes sir," and looked back at the card. I could see her brain working as she mouthed the words, Randy R. It must have struck her. I was Randy Rhine, a most important customer. I did all the trucking for this firm; of course, she had no idea I was also a major stockholder of this company.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,716 Followers