Mysterious Boyfriends Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MJRoberts
MJRoberts
1,291 Followers

Now, instead of having to listen to Angela gushing about Burt, I was listening to how Angela's mother wouldn't listen her.

"But you're not communicating with her," I said to Angela as I folded laundry, again. I spend a lot of time folding laundry. Between my workout clothes, my hang around and do errands clothes, and then my performing clothes, I can sometimes wear three outfits a day so I go through way too much laundry.

"You try and talk to her," Angela said. "I'm the only child. She's so excited. She lives for stuff like this. To hear her talk it's like she hasn't planned an event since 1492 and this is the best time of her life. She is totally getting off on it. It doesn't matter that I don't want 400 fake gold flowers on the wall."

"I'm trying to be sympathetic here," I said.

"Well," Angela said. "She is getting the best of the best. She is taking my input in general, and it will be gorgeous."

"Um-hum," I said.

"She wants doves released," Angela said.

"Good God," I said.

"And a twelve piece band," Angela said.

"Expensive," I said.

"And a huge flower arrangement in the center of each table, plus a mini bouquet at each place setting."

"Oh," was all I said. "Well it'll be grand alright."

"She keeps thinking like this and Dad will have to take out a second mortgage on the house," Angela said.

"You're just going to have to put your foot down sometime, Angie," I said. "It's your life. You're never going to be what she wants you to be and having the wedding of her life is not going ..."

"I know, I know, but there is no changing this, trust me. She said we do it this way or we can't get married at all!"

I didn't say anything.

"And I'm dieting, which is making me crabby," Angela said.

"Understandable," I said trying to sound compassionate. There was nothing I hated more than dieting.

"Whoever the photographer is he will only allowed to photograph me from the waist up."

I laughed.

"Angela, every bride is beautiful on their wedding day. I wouldn't worry about it. You'll have a big petticoat and train that will hide all flaws, real and imagined, and you'll look incredible. Now, tell me how I can help."

"You can call that sexy musician so you have a date. That way the photos will look symmetrical."

"God help me, you win."

Chapter 16

Adrianna: Regarding the Mystery Man

In the end I caved. I know I should have worn jeans and a nice T-shirt. But they say there's only one chance to make a first impression and I already blew my first impression. There's only one chance to make a first second impression. I wore a red sequin dress worthy of Jessica Rabbit that I had only worn once when I had a gig singing big band music on New Year's Eve two years ago. It had revealed a lot of cleavage and had a slit up the side that showed too much leg. I don't know what I was thinking. I was wearing red strappy shoes that matched.

I went to Bee's and I sat in the back, hidden in the shadows.

I had only been in Bee's House of Blues once, when I was twenty-one. It hadn't changed much. His band was fantastic, sultry, and balanced, a salty taste in your mouth that made you want to lick your lips, close your eyes and just sway. He was playing an acoustic guitar that cost more than my house payment. I felt brave and sexy and wild. The dress had bolstered my confidence up until now. Then doubts set in. What the hell was I doing?

I closed my eyes and tilted my body so that I put my ears in the direction so I had the best possible angle to hear the music. I got lost in it until the set break and then I snapped back to attention. Now what?

The house lights came up slightly and pop music flooded the club. My heart hammered in my throat. Would he see me? He turned his back to the audience tucking his guitars and microphone back further toward the wall. He walked off stage and to a side bar, still not seeing me. I waited.

Well? I decided to wait. People came up to him to congratulate him on his playing. Soon he was surrounded. I swirled my drink. I could saunter up and join them but it seemed to forward. I wanted him to come to me. I simply willed him to look my way but he was still mostly blocked from view. Then a couple moved away from him and all of a sudden he stared right at me and his eyes snapped wide. It was like in the movies when time slowed down. He put his drink down on the bar. He walked toward me and my heart began to thunder pound in my chest and up into my throat. Oh my God, I'm going to have to talk to him.

He got to my table made a fist and pounded his heart hard as if trying to restart it. "Oomph. You're trying to kill me."

I smiled. I remembered the line but I couldn't remember what movie it was from. But I took it as the complement it was. "Well, I wanted to make sure you remembered me."

"Trust me, Have Pipes Will Travel, I'll never forget you," he said. "I remember, you're not looking for anything right now. Did you just come to hear the music or do you have another reason for being here?"

"Well, I do actually. First, I want to apologize if I seemed rude at the bar the other day. You just completely caught me off guard and I was so mad at my friend I could have spit nails, hell maybe rail ties or lances. I don't think I really thanked you properly for taking the time to come out I was so surprised and turned around."

"Apology accepted."

"And I was curious to hear you play. Y'all are great."

"Thanks. We try," he said. God he had a great voice.

"But the real reason I'm here it that I need a date for a wedding. Two weddings actually."

"Yes, of course. I'd love to go to a wedding or two with you."

Chapter 17

Adrianna: Regarding the Mystery Man

His name was, wait for it... his name was Adrian.

"You have got to be kidding me," I said.

"What's wrong with the name Adrian?" he said. "It's a good name. It means strong and faithful."

"I know what it means."

"Oh-kay," he said.

"Didn't my friend tell you my name when she emailed you?"

"She just signed the emails with the letter 'A'."

That Angela. Tricky. Clever. Devious.

"Argh." I mumbled to myself. "Really? Adrian?" It's just too weird to be true.

"So? What's your problem with the name Adrian?"

"It's just," I paused. "My name is Adrianna."

There was a pause. Then he burst out laughing.

"You're kidding me."

I smiled. "No."

"Adrian and Adrianna?" He said.

"I'm afraid so, so you see this will never work," I said.

"We should get married."

I paled.

"We could get discounts on monograms with the letter 'A'. Our invitations could read 'The two Dri's cordially invite you." He tilted his head back and laughed.

I didn't realize how commitment phobic I was until I turned green and my dinner threatened to come up.

I put my hand over my mouth, I hoped daintily, and did some deep breathing.

"We could have a triple wedding all at once and save on the hall, the music, and the catering," Adrian said. He was looking at the ceiling picturing it in jest. Then he looked at me. "Hey, are you okay?"

"I..." I said but I didn't get any further. I fainted.

#

Dear Reader,

If this story pleased you, then please be so kind as to honor me with a high five. It will mean a tremendous amount to me. It's only a mouse click away.

If you liked the story, drop me a note. Tell me what you liked and why, and how you feel. I love to hear from readers. (PG comments only please.) I read every note and welcome corrections, suggestions, and positive feedback.

You can leave a public comment or use the contact tab on my author page to get in touch with me. If you'd like to leave your first name and last initial, feel free to do so. I really want to know what you think. It just takes a minute.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks, sincerely;

MJ

MJRoberts
MJRoberts
1,291 Followers
12