Nemesis Visits

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If someone can't accept who I am then they're not much of a friend," I tell her. I suddenly remember what she said about her and her father falling out. "Is that what happened between you and your Dad? Could he not accept you being gay?"

She sighs, dejectedly. "No, he couldn't. He told me I was disgusting and that no daughter of his could be a lesbian."

"Oh, my poor darling."

"What really hurt was that I knew Mum didn't agree with him but she wouldn't say anything. It's only as I was leaving the house that she objected but it was too late by then: I was too hurt and angry to stay." I hold her tight, rocking her gently as she calms.

"You're here and safe and loved now, Harri," I assure her. She looks up and kisses me. There is a hunger and need in her, and her fingers find my boob.

"God I need you, Maxie," she growls, "I want you down between my legs, girlie."

"Mmmm, yes Miss Harri!" I agree happily.

"Hmmm, you don't seem to mind me bossing you about in bed," she observes.

"You're right, I don't. In fact, it's more than not minding," I tell her.

"Maxie, you know that I'm not really some kind of dominatrix, don't you?"

"I know but I like it... Miss Harri," I tell her honestly, grinning, "It turns me on, feeling that I'm doing exactly what you want, what you need." It seems that, with Harri, I have a little bit of a submissive streak; who'd have thought? "Though I do reserve the right to disobey... especially if I think I can turn you on even more by doing something else, my darling!"

"Absolutely!" she laughs." But I'll never mind if you disobey simply because you don't want to do something. I love you, Maxie. Now get down there, you saucy girl!" I'm already on my way.

It is midday by the time we leave the bed to shower together. We dry each other and I go to pull on a tee shirt. Harri grabs my hand, smiling as she warns me, "No, I don't think so. I want to see you nude all day today!" The thought of her looking at me naked, lusting after me is wonderful.

"Of course, Miss Harri," I tell her, happily. "Would you like this shirt?"

"What and hinder your access to my body? Not a chance. Anyway, I like being nude."

Utterly ravenous, we head into the kitchen to cook lunch together but it ends up with Harri mocking the "weird assortment" of food that we find in the almost empty cupboards and fridge.

"We were going to go shopping this morning, but you put yourself on the breakfast menu if I recall!" I point out, smiling.

"Fair point!" she acknowledges with a wicked grin, "And afterwards I needed a taste or two of you, of course. Let me see... we have a couple of cans of soup, baked beans, marmalade, tortilla chips, tomato ketchup, pasta, butter, a single chicken breast, a tiny lump of cheese, a couple of onions... hmm" she thinks and, after a minute or two comes, up with a recipe idea. There are lots of touches and caresses and contacts between our naked bodies, such as Harri wrapped around me from behind, holding my hands and trying to teach me to chop an onion properly. It makes the cooking fun, if rather slow, and the finished chicken and pasta bake is surprisingly delicious.

The weekend isn't one long sexual marathon, but it is wonderful to be so close and intimate with Harri. We also go through the details of the various places we found to live but rejected before because they have only one bed -- one bedroom flats, studio flats and bedsits. There is only a solitary one bedroom flat that is affordable and several of the studio flats. The bedsits are cheap but they all seem to have just single beds and, to be honest, we're not that desperate, not yet.

All too soon, of course, it is Monday and I have to return to work. During the day Harri calls the landlords to arrange visits and so this evening we will view one of the studios and the sole affordable one bedroom flat.

The studio isn't bad, a little small and the kitchen area is rather dingy but the price, at eight hundred and twenty pounds a month, isn't too expensive. The one bedroom flat is lovely: bright, well-decorated and a good size. It is perfect except for one tiny detail... it is unfurnished. "We could always sleep on the floor," suggests Harri.

"Yeah, and sit on the floor and eat off the floor and watch the wallpaper for entertainment!" I laugh.

"Well, we could find other entertainment," she whispers, slipping her arm through mine and cuddling in, pulling me close to suck playfully on my earlobe. There is a cough behind us and I turn to see the landlord with a very disapproving look on his face.

"I'm not sure that you're the sort of tenants my wife and I were looking for," he tells us sternly.

"Well, I'm not sure you're the sort of landlord we need," replies Harri. "We need one who can tell the difference between furnished and unfurnished when describing their property. Come on darling," and she takes my hand and marches out. By the time we're halfway down the stairs we're laughing.

"Come on darling, we're leaving!" I giggle.

"Well, what a homophobic prick!" she smiles and pulls me in for a kiss.

Tuesday evening and we have another studio flat to visit. This one's on the third floor, at the top of the building and up a very unpromising staircase. It is a single room, of course, plus a bathroom. The bed is so close to the kitchen area that you can almost reach the sink whilst kneeling on the bed. However, there is something about the bedsit that just feels right: the bed is a good size; the bathroom has only a shower but it has a large cubicle, large enough to share, I think happily; there is a nice little alcove that holds a two-seat sofa and TV fixed to the wall and, best of all, what seems to be a balcony. It isn't a balcony of course but a little landing at the top of the fire escape, but the two dining chairs could fit on it, looking west across the city to where the sun is setting. I feel Harri's hand slip into mine. "Shall we take this one?" I whisper.

"Can we, I mean you, afford it? I really like it but its eight hundred pounds a month."

"We can afford the rent," I assure her. "In fact, it's a little cheaper than that dingy studio yesterday." We go and talk to the landlord. "We love it, can we take it?" I ask.

"That's excellent and of course you can. I'll need two hundred pounds as a holding deposit and then another thousand pounds to cover your main deposit and the first month's rent in advance. Okay?"

"Oh shit," I whisper to Harri, "I can do the two hundred but not another thousand. We're stuffed."

"Oh crap," she says softly but then brightens up. "I can ask Mum: I'm sure she'd help."

"You sure?" I ask and she nods. I turn back to the landlord, pulling the cash from my pocket. "Here's the two hundred pounds deposit. We really need to move in on Thursday, will that be possible?"

"Certainly, if you can come up with the money; as soon as it's paid and the contract is signed then you can move in." I look at Harri and she nods; she already has her phone out and is texting, her Mum I guess.

"Can you give us a little time so we can confirm when we'll have the money?" I request.

"Sure. I'll just write you up a receipt for the holding deposit." Harri and I head out onto the not-balcony for some privacy.

"I've sent Mum a text asking her to call me. I didn't want to ring her in case she was with Dad." I give her a little hug of support.

"Has your Mum got a grand to lend you?"

"I've a couple of hundred in a childhood savings account that she can still access I think and she has her own savings account. I know she feels guilty about Dad throwing me out so... Why are you smiling, love."

"I think because this will mean this place really will be ours and you won't have to think it's just me paying for it."

"Maybe, if Mum comes up with... oh, here we go," she exclaims as her phone rings. "Hi, Mum... I'm okay... Um, I've quite a lot of news, actually; I'm not sure I can do it all justice over the phone..." she takes a deep breath. "Okay, here's it is: my last seven or so weeks in brief. I left home, I stopped with a couple of friends, sleeping on their sofas until, well, I outstayed my welcome. Then I, Mum please don't freak out at this, I was homeless and, er I was in hostels mostly but I did end up sleeping on the streets a few nights... No Mum, I didn't get raped... actually, there was... Mum, listen! I did get attacked but an amazing woman rescued me: she charged at the huge guy who was beating me up... Mum, please don't cry, just let me finish... well, he ran off and she called an ambulance. Maxie is her name... Yes, it was, very brave..." Harri's eyes are glistening as they well with emotion. "Oh Mum, I know you love me; I love you too and I'm safe now..." Harri takes a deep breath as falling tears sparkle on her cheeks. "Anyway, she came to the hospital with me. She stayed the night and visited me both days... Oh, yeah, it was bruising on my face and body and, um, two broken ribs... No, they're healing pretty well, still a bit sore... Yeah, well Maxie told the hospital that I was her flatmate and she let me stay with her in her spare room... Yes, Mum, she is an angel, a very beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful angel."

"Harri, darling, behave," I whisper, feeling myself blush.

"Yes, Mum, we are in love... Mum, did you think I was kidding when I told you and Dad I was gay? I didn't do it to upset Dad I did it because I'm attracted to women... Yes, Maxie is lesbian too..." Harri rolls her eyes at whatever it was her Mother said. "The thing is, Maxie's having to move out of her brother's apartment so we're looking to rent somewhere ourselves but, the problem is, we need the deposit... Um, a thousand pounds actually, but that includes the first month's rent, and I wondered if you..." She is biting her lip. "There is that child's account of mine isn't there? Oh, only that much? Damn... Would you? Oh, Mum, that would be so good!" She covers the phone. "She'll do it!" she tells me.

"Tell her thank you, from me," I reply.

"You want to meet up? Mum, that would be lovely... Both of us? ... Well, no, of course I'm not ashamed of her!" she's smiling broadly, "I'd love for you to meet my girlfriend... Tomorrow evening would be perfect; I'll text you the address of the apartment. Mum," there are still a tear or two in her eyes but they are happy tears now, "it's so lovely to talk to you, Mum. I'll see you tomorrow evening. Love you... Bye Mum."

I slip my arms around her waist and kiss her damp cheek when the landlord leans out of the fire escape door. "Er, ladies, do you want the receipt for the deposit?" he asks and we both turn.

"Oh thanks," I say. "We should have the money for the full deposit by Thursday."

"Oh, excellent. I, er, just wanted to say that you make a very sweet couple, if you don't mind my saying," he adds, a little shyly.

"Thank you," we both reply, our fingers interlacing. "And we don't mind you saying it at all," I assure him.

The following evening I have to admit that I am nervous at the prospect of meeting Mrs Rayne, Harri's Mum. She is very punctual, ringing the doorbell on the dot at half past six. Harri leaps up to answer the bell and let her Mum in. "We're on the fourth floor, Mum," she says as she buzzes her in.

"Hello, Mrs Rayne." I greet her and I can see the similarity between Harri and her mother, both in appearance and in the easy grace of her movements; a grace that Harri is regaining as the pain and stiffness of her injuries ease.

"Hello, Maxie," she replies and she gives a slight smile. I get the impression that she is unsure and a little nervous about how to deal with her recently-come-out daughter's first official girlfriend. No problem, I've no idea of how said girlfriend should behave in this situation either. There is an awkward pause as none of us knows what to say next.

"Mum, come and sit down. Would you like a cup of tea?" Harri asks, breaking the silence.

With tea made we are all sat around the table, still hesitant and uncertain of what to say. Harri holds my hand nervously. "Harriet, Harri, I need to apologise to you," Mrs Rayne begins. Despite her evident apprehension, she speaks in a neat, precise way. "When you told us you were a lesbian, when, what is the expression? When you came out, I was so upset; I felt like I had lost my daughter, that you'd suddenly become a stranger rather than the girl I thought I knew. I did not wish you thrown out but I was too upset to fight your Father at that moment, which I know I should have done.

"When you told me that you'd been attacked I realized that I could have lost you that night, that you might have been killed and I, we, that is your Father and I, would have been responsible. That thought terrified me and it made me realize that you are my daughter and I love you, never mind that you're a lesbian. And you, Maxie, you saved her from the man who attacked her, and looked after her and took her in... Maxie, thank you for all of that; I owe you a very great debt of gratitude for your courage and kindness." She looks down at our joined hands. "And now you've fallen in love, both of you; Maxie, I'm very happy that you and my lovely daughter are together."

"Thank you, Mrs Rayne, and thank you for producing such a beautiful, wonderful, marvellous girl."

"Please, call me Judy," she says as Harri goes over and hugs her tightly.

"Mum, have you spoken to Dad?"

"Not yet, dear. I wanted to come and see you first and to give you this..." she reaches into her handbag and pulls out a very thick manila envelope, handing it to Harri who gives a little gasp.

"Is that the thousand pounds?" she asks excitedly.

"Well, twelve hundred, actually. It's the thousand that you need plus what was in your junior savings account, rounded up a little. I thought you might need a little extra for clothes or some things for your new flat, whatever."

"Thanks, Mum!"

"Yes, thank you, Mrs... er, Judy."

"It's the least I can do. I would like also to take the two of you out for a meal, if you'll permit me." Of course, we agree. However, Harri suggests we take a chance and call the landlord of the flat and he happily agrees to meet so we can pay, sign the contract and take possession of the keys. She asks her Mum if she'd like to see the flat and, naturally, Judy says she would. I discover Harri's very clever plan when she then asks if we can load up her car with our possessions to move them to the flat. What a cunning girlfriend I have!

In fact, we get pretty well everything in the car. I take a risk by taking bedding, towels and some kitchen utensils, the kettle and the toaster, hoping that this doesn't piss Nemesis off.

It is a lovely evening and I feel very privileged to be part of this reuniting of mother and daughter. Like her daughter, Judy has a quick wit, ready humour and kindness. She thinks the flat is very nice. "Very... bijou," she says as we stand in the middle together.

"That's just a polite way of saying it's tiny, isn't it Mum?" Harri says.

"Small and elegant, actually Harri," her Mum tells her, smiling. After the -- admittedly very brief -- grand tour, Judy helps us bring everything in; we know already that we'll be sleeping here tonight.

Harri needs to use the toilet as I start making the bed. While she is out of the room Judy comes over to help me with the sheets. "I assume that the double bed means I don't have to wonder whether yours and Harri's love is not, shall we say, purely platonic." I cannot quite read her tone and expression so I'm unsure how happy or otherwise she is about this.

"Erm, no. We very definitely have a physical relationship. Sorry, I don't mean to embarrass you, Judy, but are you okay with that?"

"Unexpectedly, I rather think that I am," she replies, though her cheeks are very red. "I can see that you love her very much and Harri adores you, Maxie. I hope I can get Eric, her Father, to accept her. To accept you too, of course, after all you've done."

"Judy, I'm no saint. I've done some horrible things to people in my time. In some ways, helping Harri was me trying to atone for what I've done. I don't deserve to be with your wonderful daughter, though I cannot express how happy being with her makes me."

"Well, for what it's worth and speaking as Harri's Mother, you have my thanks and blessing."

"What are you two talking about?" Harri asks as she exits the bathroom.

"You, of course, darling," I tell her, "and how gorgeous you are!" She smiles and comes over to slip her arms around me to hug me.

"Come on, you two lovebirds," her Mum tells us before she can kiss me, "let me take you both out for something to eat."

- - - - - - - - o o O o o - - - - - - - -

CHAPTER 15: A Woman at Heart

Harri and I are blissfully happy in our new home and in our love. Judy took us for a wonderful meal and afterwards we returned to our tiny new home and made love, christening our new bed. I was shocked when my period started the next day but somehow, with Harri there for me, it was much less painful. Perhaps I was so full of orgasm-induced endorphins that I couldn't feel the cramps. Whatever it was I didn't need to miss work this month.

Harri has been looking for work too and has found some part-time secretarial work in a nearby office supplies company, so we'll actually have money to spend on clothes and even for going out. We have been out a couple of times, once with Mary and the girls. We came out to them, of course; not that there was any other option really since, as Mary put it, "The two of you couldn't be more bloody obviously in love if you had a flashing neon heart above your heads." As Harri had guessed, Paula was the most openly disapproving, though Jo seems disinclined to chat with us, sitting with Paula and only responding to direct questions.

The other trip out was bowling: six of us with Mary and Tom, who are now a steady couple, and Andy who's with Tina, a quiet, rather shy, auburn-haired girl he's not long met. Andy is lovely about Harri and me, congratulating me on landing such a cute girlfriend. I congratulate him on finding a pretty red-head and he smiles bashfully. Tina also seems completely at ease with us and I'm not surprised to discover during the evening that she has other gay friends. Harri and I come last in the bowling but we don't care: the chance to be out together and to be accepted as a couple is wonderful.

There is one little incident: in the adjacent lane there is a group of lads, aged around twenty I guess, and, having managed a spare, Harri skips over to hug me and I give her a quick kiss on the mouth. We overhear one of the lads comment loudly, "Ugh, fucking dirty lezzers. They need a good fucking from a real guy, that'd soon straighten 'em out."

I can see in her eyes that the comment upsets Harri. I glance around and can see Andy is about to say something but decide to say something first. I look the lad in the eye and speak loud enough for him and his mates to hear, "The thing is," I tell him, "even if you could fuck me as well as my girlfriend does -- which believe me, is quite literally impossible -- you'd still be only a tiny bit as beautiful as she is, as I'm sure your mates would agree?" I look at the other lads questioningly.

"She's got a point, Zach; her girlfriend's hot!" one of them mutters.

"Fucking rug munchers," Zach says, turning away.

"Excuse me mate," Andy calls and Zach turns to look at him, "You do realize that blokes like you and your Neanderthal attitudes only make men less attractive to women, don't you? The reason you can't get a girlfriend isn't because some women are gay so I suggest you shut up and stop embarrassing yourself." The look on Zach's face suggests that the girlfriend comment hit a nerve. I turn from Zach to regard Andy in surprise; there was none of his usual shyness or hesitancy just then. When I see the adoring look that Tina gives him I cannot help smiling; she certainly appreciates how lovely Andy is and that makes me happy for him.