No Way _ Kim

Story Info
Problems with wife's job.
1.4k words
4.36
171.7k
69
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Britease
Britease
2,387 Followers

My first story for some time. Been too busy retiring!

Not very long, as I ease myself back into it, but hope it amuses you.

++++++++

"It happened John. I got called into Gerald's office today and got offered the promotion."

She said it so casually that I hardly took it in for a moment. Kim, my lovely twenty eight year old wife, had been offered a promotion -- Another one!

"That's fantastic Kim," I cried out, recovering my composure. "That's two jumps in level in the last two years."

"Yes," she replied smiling at me. "I knew I was in the frame, but I hardly thought I'd get it ahead of Mike and Frank."

"I bet they're pissed off," I threw back at my wife of three years with a grin, neither of the two guys mentioned having impressed me overly.

"More than you can imagine John," she murmured distractedly. "More than you could imagine."

"So when do you start honey," I responded brightly, somewhat surprised at her lack of enthusiasm. Kim had always been so full of life and loved her job so much.

"That's the point John," she smiled back at me. "Thought I ought to run it passed you first."

"What's to run through Kim? It's a fantastic opportunity. Where's the problem?"

"The travelling John," she answered me quietly, and even then after a pause. "I'd be away two nights a month in France, and another two nights in Denmark. That's Gerald's regular schedule and the new job means I would have to go with him."

"I know that Kim," I responded. "We both knew that and discussed it before you even applied for the job. "I'm Ok with it, so what's the problem?"

"Gerald," she answered simply.

"But why," I encouraged her, not understanding her reluctance to accept what she had been chasing for the last two years. To seize the chance to make that magic leap into upper management while still in her twenties.

"Gerald has made it clear that when he travels he always books a suite," Kim stated, looking up and staring me in the eye. "The best suite in the hotel normally."

"So what's the problem honey," I protested. "He wants a suite -- he pays for it. What's the problem?"

Kim's eyes had not left mine for a moment.

She sighed.

She sounded so conflicted.

"That's all he books," she answered my question at last.

"So what," I shot back. "What difference does that make to ......"

At which point I broke off, as it hit me like a train, exactly what difference it could make to Kim. To both of us.

"Just one suite?"

"Just the one."

"No separate room for you Kim?"

"Exactly!"

"The bastard really expects you to .... Well you know ... to ....."

I shuddered to a halt unable to put words to my accusations.

"He both expects it and demands it," Kim replied steadily. "He made it very clear that Mary, who I would be replacing, has been ... let's say accompanying him for the last three years or so, and that I would be expected to replace her in every facet of her situation."

"You mean become his fuck-toy," I spat out angrily.

"There is that of course," Kim mumbled quietly, having already lost all eye contact with me. "Then again honey, it would mean an immediate forty percent raise in salary plus bonuses and in two or three years time ....? Well, who knows? Mary's done her stint and she's about to made a director of one of the ancillary companies."

Silence reigned while I fought to regain my senses and Kim ...? Well I didn't know what she was thinking. This was everything she had set her sights on since leaving university, full of ability and with an incredible lust for success in the business world. So much so, that it had caused one or two rocky moments in our route to married bliss, as my somewhat laid back attitude clashed with her corporate aims. Ok, so I'd graduated as well, but had put my efforts into building up our family's building business, and wasn't afraid of picking up a shovel and joining in with the concrete gang. I didn't live in the same world sometimes as my gorgeous wife, but it had never been a serious problem.

At least, it hadn't been till now!

"So what did you say to him Kim?" I spoke up at last, my mind confused by what she'd hit me with, my throat going dry as I saw my marriage, so wonderful till then, going straight down the pan.

"When I left him, I told him that I'd come and tell you what he'd said. See how you felt." Kim mumbled, and then shocked me with her final comment. "I told him that you might want to go and discuss it with him."

"No way Kim," I burst out angrily, the stupid cow. "No bloody way am I going to see the bastard, and no way is any wife of mine going to become some ponce's fuckbuddy. No damn way!"

I started to get out of my chair before I really lost my temper, intending to storm out of the room before doing something I'd regret. I came to a halt as I looked up my wife expecting her to be upset, defiant, angry or something, and certainly not with the puzzled look she had on her face.

"I'm pissed off that you would even consider such a suggestion," I snapped at her.

"What?" she cried back at me.

"You heard!"

"And I'm pissed of with you John that you would ever think that I would consider anything like that," Kim shouted back at me.

"What?"

"You heard!"

Stalemate!

The pair of us glared at one another, neither of us knowing what to say next.

I broke first.

"Kim, you just told me that you said you'd come home and tell me about it," I said, my anger ebbing and flowing as if it didn't know where to go.

"Damn right I did," Kim answered back. "That was just before I kneed him in the nuts and told him where to stick his damn job."

"But what about me going to discuss it with him?" I asked in confusion.

"Damn right I did," she repeated. "I know what you're like, you big lug, all six foot four of you. Gerald must have pissed himself at the thought of you going along and giving him a good hiding for suggesting such a thing to your woman."

"I think somehow honey that there may have been some confusion here," I said, quietly, calmly. "At the beginning there, I got the impression that you were really considering it."

"Oh how could you think such a thing you silly man," Kim chuckled, stepping up to me and throwing her arms round me. "I was so upset when I came in that I may not have explained it right, and I was worried that you might over react if I just came straight out with it."

"Me. Over react?" I puffed up, cuddling my wife up close. "Why would you think such a thing?"

"That guy that tweaked my boob at that bar the other week, for example?" She shot back, questioningly.

"Ah yes!" I had to admit. "There was that. But at least I ran him to the hospital when I calmed down."

"And his two friends," she reminded me, grinning up at me.

"So what now Kim?" I asked, enjoying the feel of her tits pressed hard against me. "Looks like you haven't got a job."

"With your business John, we've never really needed the money. Time for plan B."

"Plan B?"

"Babies John," she squealed happily. "Lots of them and as soon as possible."

That sounded good!

---------------

I did go and see her old boss Gerald, but never touched the bugger. I took my lawyer with me and he settled out of court. Unfair dismissal and sexual harassment charges frightened the life out of him, and I don't suppose me sitting there scowling at him helped any.

We settled for a sum that had an extra nought on the end of any figure I imagined possible, and that will make a nice nest egg for the twins when they arrive in a couple of months.

Life is good!

Britease
Britease
2,387 Followers