Opposites Attract Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A sombre-faced servant answered their knock. Tony noted that where their contrasting appearances were normally a source of interest, the servant simply turned away to announce their arrival.

"It seems even the hired help are affected," he murmured to Monique.

At the discreet cough, they moved forward to be shown into a large sitting room. They had known to expect a large number. People were sitting or standing, clearly trying to offer support to one another. They had done their homework and recognised the family easily enough, but there were a handful of others they did not know.

Monique recognised the distraught women on a small sofa as the wives of the two oldest of Sezje's sons. Standing in a huddle were three males. The two younger ones, a blond sheep and brunette human were being hugged by an older, dark-haired male they knew was called Ben. She noticed Tony's nose twitching as her Sergeant identified everyone's scents. They knew that Ben belonged to the youngest wolf, but the other two...Her surprised emerald eyes met those of stormy blue as she and Tony glanced quickly at each other and then around the room. Sure enough, they identified the lion almost immediately.

"And so the lion lays down with the lamb," she murmured softly to herself.

Monique had to admit the male was magnificent. His golden hair surrounded a classically handsome square-jawed face. He was broad chested, narrow of waist and lean legged. He exuded an aura of power and raw, male sexuality. She noted that although he was keeping a hand on one of the wolves she recognised as Misha, his concerned hazel eyes flitted occasionally to the two young males that were clearly his personal pride. She gave a mental shake of her head. She was not given to sharing. Her attention then focused on the mature male who headed towards her.

She recognised Sezje instantly and his distress was plain to see. He was accompanied by a stag and a human female she recognised as Daniel's parents. The trio approached her. She wished she had better news for them, for all the family. It was not going to be easy seeing how distraught they already were. As he reached her she extended her hand.

"Mr Pzjurski..." she began, but the older man shook his head.

"Please, call me Sezje, it is easier to pronounce."

"Sezje, I am Inspector Reynauld, but please call me Monique." She gave a sad smile as Sezje lifted her hands to his lips and bowed. She looked at the mother and father of the missing man and reached to squeeze their hands in turn.

"Your news is not good," Sezje murmured, his voice heavy with sorrow. "We can all tell."

"I am sorry, Sezje," Monique sighed. "The car has been identified as Daniel's. The driver," she shook her head as if unwilling to go further.

"Tell us, Misha needs to know," Sezje sighed.

"We have to know, too," Helen added, letting her husband's strength support and comfort her.

"The car apparently exploded when it crashed. The driver has been identified by the local coroner by DNA he took from the remains. It matched Daniel's."

The low mournful howl made Monique's hackles rise and she felt the loss almost as profoundly as if it was one of her own family. The howl was taken up by the group of brothers and a roar that contained anger and grief from the lion. Now that it was known Daniel was dead, Monique was certain that a funeral would be arranged within forty-eight hours. With Sezje's standing and wealth, there would be no problems in making the sad and necessary preparations.

Glancing at Misha, she could see the tears that tracked down his face as his brothers tried ineffectually to comfort him. She frowned as she saw another in the background. A male that remained shadowed and distant. Before she could move closer to try and see him, she found Sezje's hand in the small of her back, guiding her away from Daniel's grieving parents. She tried to nod in the direction of the unknown male to Tony, but caught a glimpse of the lion intercepting his progress.

"Monique, I need to have a word with you privately. You may be shocked at my proposal, but I will explain myself fully," Sezje said quietly.

Curiosity at what the older male could mean diverted her attention immediately. She allowed herself to be led into a small study.

****

Daniel meandered listlessly around the bedroom. He scarcely left it, refusing to join Merric in the lounge or dining room. It did not seem as if his captor was bothered by his actions. Lauren seemed concerned but Daniel did not know whether she could do anything to help even if so was so inclined. There was no way to contact the outside world other than through Merric's computer. There was a ten foot high electrified fence around the property which was set in an almost desert terrain with nowhere to hide if he tried to run. All he could do was pray that Misha found him quickly. Daniel was certain his husband would never stop looking.

A knock at his door had him turning to face it. It opened to reveal Lauren's face.

"Master Merric has requested your company downstairs, Master Daniel," she said, her voice laced with confusion. "He says he has something you will want to see."

"There is nothing he could show me except the way out of this place," Daniel said emphatically.

"He said that if you were reluctant to say the name 'Sezje'."

"My father-in-law," Daniel said, his eyes widening. "Is he hurt, ill?" Daniel was already moving towards the door.

"Master Daniel," Lauren whispered, catching hold of Daniel's arm. "Be careful. Lel came back with a package and the look on his face made my skin crawl. Master Merric's attitude has changed. He's acting the way I've seen him behave when he's closed a difficult deal to his advantage or destroyed a competitor."

"Do you believe me, Lauren?" Daniel asked quietly. "That I'm married to another and Merric is holding me here against my wishes or do you still think I'm suffering from the effects of 'trauma'?"

"Please, Master Daniel," Lauren shook her head. "I just find it so hard to believe Master Merric would do something so...so cruel."

"He is cruel, Lauren," Daniel said with a sad smile. "He takes what he wants and so far he has managed to get away with it. I just don't know how he expects to get away with this. My husband will not stop hunting for me and his family is very wealthy. Merric can't expect to get away with this much longer."

Lauren watched as Daniel headed to the stairs, a frown crossing her face. Merric's instruction had been to ensure Daniel joined him and then for her to retire to her room as she would not be needed again. It was not a normal turn of events. The tone had brokered no argument and Lauren had felt she was being pushed aside. She waited a moment and then quietly followed Daniel downstairs. She hesitated outside the living room doors. She had never disobeyed Merric or a member of his family in all the years she had worked for them.

She was on the verge of hyperventilating, but took some deep breaths and bent to peer through the large, ornate, decorative keyhole. She felt like a peeping Tom, a voyeur in the house that had been her home for so long. She frowned as she watched Merric turn on the massive plasma screen to play a recording of some kind. She had an uninhibited view of the screen, but could hear nothing. She swallowed a gasp. She was watching a funeral.

Tears welled in her eyes at the sight of the distraught faces carrying a coffin. She could see Daniel struggling in Merric's grip, being forced to watch the heart-breaking tableau. She wondered whether they were seeing the funeral of the man Daniel had called his father-in-law and whether this was the trauma Merric had alluded to. She frowned as the scene cut to the cemetery and the graveside as the coffin was lowered. The camera homed in on the name etched into the headstone and her hand flew to her mouth to cut off a scream as Daniel collapsed in Merric's arms.

The name revealed had been Daniel's own.

Barely able to see due to her tears, years of instinct kicked in and Lauren was able to hurry to her room before she could be discovered. There she cried brokenly; for the cruel adult the beautiful little boy she had cared for had become and for the young man who was his prisoner as he had claimed all along. She had no idea what she was going to do, but she made a mental vow that she would get Daniel free of Merric if it was the last thing she ever did.

****

When Daniel awoke he was back in his bed. All that had been removed were his shoes. His mind recalled the image of his own funeral and tears began to fall. Did Misha truly believe him dead? He had always believed his mate would find him. He sniffed and rubbed away the tears. There had to be a way. He would not let Merric win. He looked up, grasping at the bedding, as the door to his room was knocked on and the man he loathed sauntered in.

"Proud of yourself?" Daniel asked defiantly. He fought to keep a brave facade in front of the tiger.

"Now you know there will be no rescue, deer," Merric putted sitting at Daniel's bedside and leaning back. "I will give you a day or two to mourn your past and consider your future."

"I have no future with you," Daniel snapped angrily. "Do you really think I will just forget Misha and take you to my bed?"

"I will take you to mine," Merric growled.

The man's face held a smile, displaying his sharpened eye teeth, and Daniel's shoulder throbbed as if reminding him of their danger. Daniel could not envisage a more fearful sight than the smile which was cold and deadly. It would have been preferable to see a snarl.

"You won't be willing...initially. But in my safe I have some recreational drugs that I use on such bed-mates. A heady mix of relaxant and aphrodisiac and you won't even remember your own name, deer. You'll give me all I want and more besides. You'll beg and plead and I will fulfil your wants again and again. "

Daniel began to shake. He believed Merric. He was quite sure the tiger was so ruthless.

"I could just tie you and take you," Merric added, his voice low and menacing as he leant closer to his prey. He could now scent the fear he wanted, it made him feel more powerful. "Spread those long legs and take what I want. But instead I will give you pleasure. Eventually you will want me, need me and I will make you beg for me to bed you when you do."

Daniel shook his head mutely. It was beyond even his worst nightmare.

"So, now you will think about how to behave with me. I have no intention of letting you go. You were wasted on the wolf. I can take you places, give you things, your precious Misha couldn't even dream of. For all Sezje's posturing he couldn't stop me taking what I wanted. No one can. I bought the Coroner who conducted your autopsy. Consider that, little deer."

As Merric left, Daniel buried his face in his hands. He could never willingly offer his body to Merric. Never. He belonged to Misha. Another knock to his door had him peering fearfully over. He relaxed only fractionally as Lauren entered.

"Oh, Master Daniel, I'm so sorry," she husked.

Daniel realised the older woman had been crying, he could scent the salt of her tears and her eyes were red and swollen.

"I saw the...the funeral," Lauren confessed. "I would never have believed Merric capable of doing something like this. He was always ruthless, but this...this..." Lauren shook her head unable to continue. "I'll do what I can, I promise," she finally added.

"Just find a way, any way, to let Misha know I'm alive. He'll come for me." Daniel knew Misha might not arrive in time to save him from Merric, but he could survive the tiger if he knew his mate was looking for him. He gave a shaky smile as Lauren nodded.

"I'll have to be careful," Lauren whispered. "Lel has gone away for a day or so, so I don't need to worry about him. Promise me you won't do anything foolish," she added, her eyes wide and pleading. "There's nowhere to run to and no one to help."

"I promise," Daniel said. "I want to go home. I want to see my husband, my parents, my family. Misha knows I love him. He'll come for me," Daniel repeated. "He'll always love me."

Lauren looked at the younger man. She could almost feel his conviction. She gave a nod, there had to be a way.

****

Lel strode into the living room and poured himself a large quantity of Merric's most expensive single-malt whisky. He tossed most down in one swallow, refilling his glass and taking another healthy mouthful before turning to glare at Merric as the tiger sauntered into the room.

"Well?" Merric queried, glowering at the way Lel carelessly threw another large measure of the expensive drink down his throat.

"Completely frustrating," Lel growled. "Nothing, closed-up shop, gone to earth, vanished from sight."

"All the wolf pack?" Merric asked, a smile lifting the corners of his mouth.

"The only time Sezje or any of his family has been seen was at the funeral."

"What else do you expect wolves to do when hurt?" Merric gave a hard laugh. "They have gone to earth in their safe little den to lick their wounds. It's not overly surprising."

Lel gave a snarl in the direction of his employer. He was sure something was not right, but had not found anything to latch onto. It seemed as Merric had just said, Sezje and his family had retreated from the world. No one knew where they were and spoke in soft whispers as if the grieving family could hear them. It had set Lel's teeth on edge.

"So have you had him yet?" he demanded aggressively. His frustration, both from his inability to find anything out and sexually for the deer himself, was simmering angrily. Normally he would have got the sexual urges dealt with by any number of willing escorts, but nothing had quenched the desire to have the deer for himself.

"Not yet," Merric purred. Then he turned burning amber eyes on Lel. "I can smell your lust. Forget it. If I tire of him in a week, a month or ten years from now, I will not give him to you."

"He'll never be yours," Lel growled. He regretted not taking more liberties with Daniel when the deer had been unconscious and in his possession. He had caressed the chestnut hair and the exquisite face. He had only touched the lax genitals and firm mounds through Daniel's clothing. It was inevitable his scent would have been on the deer, but he had known to avoid getting anything other than a surface scent anywhere intimate.

"You would have snatched him and raped him," Merric stated baldly.

"I would have got him out of my system and then on with my life," Lel retorted angrily. In his mind he had been parting Daniel's long legs to take his place between silken thighs and Merric had shattered his train of erotic thought. "Taken him until my lust was satiated and then left him. His wolf would have stayed by him. He's never going to be anything other than an unwilling bed-mate. You're a fool if you think differently."

"He will want me," Merric rumbled angrily. He always got what he wanted and he wanted Daniel. Wanted the pretty deer looking at him with love and devotion, spreading himself willingly, eagerly, responding to him with passion and need. He wanted it and he would get it, there was no alternative in the tiger's mind. He would use any means at his disposal to get it.

From the partly open door, Lauren watched and listened with mounting horror. Lel had never been so openly challenging of Merric and listening to the way they talked about the innocent upstairs had her feeling physically ill. There was one slender hope. She slipped away as the two predators began to circle each other.

Daniel turned with shock as Lauren rushed into his room, her face ashen.

"We have to try now, Master Daniel. Hurry."

Daniel did not even hesitate. He followed her immediately as she headed towards the stairs. As they silently descended, Daniel could hear the escalating argument between Merric and Lel. He gave a mental shudder at the words he could hear that had him little more than prey to be fought over and then taken by the victor. The thought of Lel defeating Merric had Daniel feel sick and he pushed the thought away. To be touched by the tiger was a bad enough notion, but by the hyena was abhorrent. Daniel focused on Lauren as they headed to the front door. He watched as her fingers danced nimbly over the touchpad that kept the ornate doors locked and whimpered softly in impatience as they slowly and silently opened.

Dry heat hit Daniel as they hurried from the house towards a set of garages. He heard the jingle of metal as Lauren produced a set of keys. He tried not to get further agitated as she fumbled to get the garage door open.

"The truck," Lauren said tersely, pointing at the large, dusty vehicle. "I couldn't shut down the electricity, but I thought we could ram the gates. This is a sturdy vehicle; it should easily withstand the impact. I tried to send my nephew an e-mail about you, but I'm not computer knowledgeable and don't know if I succeeded."

"Thank you, Lauren," Daniel whispered as they got in the truck.

Lauren turned the ignition, giving silent thanks the vehicle responded immediately. She knew Merric enjoyed keeping his jeep and truck ready to drive at any time, but had feared something would go wrong. The truck shot forward and she powered away from the house. Even as the vehicle roared away, they saw Lel run from the house. The man's face was bleeding and contorted into an ugly mask of fury.

A screech of primal rage had Daniel shudder as its echo trailed away behind them. Lel and Merric had clearly fought and the hyena had won. He glanced anxiously over his shoulder, whimpering as he saw that the other vehicle was emerging from the garage.

"I can keep ahead of him," Lauren said from between clenched teeth as the truck bounced over the uneven ground. There was no real road. Merric had wanted to keep it as close to a wilderness as possible. It had never been problematic until now when Lauren wanted speed. She gave a scream of terror as a gunshot ricocheted past them.

"Head towards the rocks," Daniel yelled. He prayed he was right as Lauren swung around to obey him, another shot whining threateningly past them. His Chimera instincts told him that Lel was not trying to shoot them, just stop them. He had to ensure Lauren was safe. "He wants me, not you. I'm going to run for the house, you keep going. You can send help."

"But Lel..." Lauren began and gave another scream as a bullet shattered the wing mirror.

"Lel wants me. He wants me so bad he fought Merric for me. I'm going to run for the house. If I can get back fast enough I can hold him off till help arrives." Daniel was not sure he could do any such thing, but his conscience would not allow Lauren to remain in danger. He needed to try and get her safe if nothing else. "As you pass the outcrop, slow down and I'll get out. I can climb up so that Lel has to abandon his jeep and run too. Do it, Lauren, there's no choice."

Lauren was almost blinded by tears as she did as Daniel asked. She knew his strategy had been successful as Lel's vehicle ceased its pursuit of them, slamming to a stop. She swung the truck around, taking a deep breath. She could not abandon Daniel.

Daniel ran as he had never run in his life. In the desert terrain his lungs quickly began to burn and his legs ache, but he did not dare slow down. Ironically, the house that had been his prison was now his only sanctuary. If he could reach it before Lel caught him then he might be able to lock the hyena out. He did not care to think what might have befallen Merric.

A scream of fear forced itself from between dry lips as Lel's out-flung hand clipped Daniel's foot to send him tumbling to the floor. As he scrambled frantically to his feet, he was caught in an unforgiving grip and yanked into Lel's arms.