Opposites Attract Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Raul say Koen's eyes narrow and gleam with an unreadable emotion as the hunger disappeared from his expression. Seeing that he had Koen's attention Raul was curious about his reaction, feeling that a nerve had been hit here. Raul had a feeling something was going on, the mysterious Brant from a few days ago and now this brown haired 'wolf. He had a feeling they were connected somehow but each time he brought it up Koen evaded answering his questions.

"He didn't give me a name, didn't say if he was coming back either and he left after a second Jack D and coke. " Raul went on, prodding for a spark that might answer some of his questions.

Raul like any other 'wolf liked a curiosity, the expression curiosity killed the cat could also apply to curious 'wolves but he had to know. The mysteries surrounding Koen just seemed to keep growing the longer he spent around him.

Koen's reaction to this added bit of information was a closed expression, even his expressive green eyes were cold, empty of expression.

"I take it you know this person?" Raul prodded unable to stop himself as he ignored the clear warning in Koen's expression.

Still no reaction from Koen, not even in his body language. Most 'wolves gave away every emotion or thought they had in their body language but not Koen. Koen was too good at controlling himself for that and it was pissing Raul off.

"Just as you knew the person who called for you. Don't play cold bastard with me again Koen, I'm not stupid, I can see what's right in front of me just like anybody else." Raul dared to push.

The air between them visibly chilled even further but Raul met Koen's eyes and held his grip on those green orbs. Tension was beginning to edge into the relaxed line of Koen's shoulders but nothing else showed but Raul felt like crowing, this was more progress then he'd made in weeks.

"Koen!" Raul barked, deliberately sharper then he needed to.

"He shouldn't have come here." Koen gritted out, but his expression and body language still revealed nothing. "Where'd they get this number?" Raul heard Koen mutter in such a soft, irritated tone of voice that he barely caught the words at all.

"Who shouldn't have come here?" Raul prompted. "Who shouldn't have got this number? Come on Koen he looked like you, you must know him, he could have been your brother."

"Half." Koen grunted.

"Half what?" Raul asked feeling frustrated and knowing that his tone sounded harsh with it, getting blood out of a stone was easier then this. But Raul wasn't one to give up, not when he was getting ahead and he felt he was cracking something here. He and his 'wolf were now both dying to know more about the 'wolf they regarded as their mate.

"Brother. Half brother." Koen ground out after a long, tense silence. He said it so quietly and so reluctantly that Raul almost didn't hear him again.

"Your half brother? Which one? The 'wolf in the pub, or the one on the phone?" Raul pushed again.

"The one in the pub." Koen answered with an irritated growl. "The one on the phone was my adopted cousin."

"They are your family right? Your pack." Raul went on feeling that if he'd got this much out of him that he had to push for more while he had this small door open. He didn't know when he'd get another chance at another window into Koen.

Koen nodded but didn't add anything else.

"This is good progress here Koen. I now know more about you then I've learned in several weeks. I now have knowledge of an adopted cousin called Brant and now that you have a half brother running around somewhere. Nice to know you have similarities to the rest of us." Raul goaded him, smirking at him, going with being deliberately annoying this time as he changed to another angle.

The beginning of a smile was causing Koen's lips to twitch slightly as one corner of those red lips inched up. "What similarities?" Koen asked, some of the tension leaving him as his own wolf like curiosity showed itself.

"Oooh there goes another similarity to the rest of us! Koen has a curious streak!" Raul needled him.

This time the lip actually quirked up to a little half smile that nearly had Raul pouncing on him then and there but he held himself back with an iron grip. He had another purpose today he told his throbbing cock and equally insatiable wolf.

"Any other family members I need to be aware of? Does the half brother have a name?" Raul carried on eagerly, perhaps too eagerly because the half smile disappeared and the wary reserve returned to Koen's face.

"Yes. Rey." Koen answered in a clipped tone of voice, the coldness had returned it seemed, making Raul want to punch him or rip his own hair out in frustration, they were back to where they started.

"You going to tell me more then just yes there buddy?" Raul urged before he clammed up completely.

"Kaula is my twin sister. Rain is my younger brother by several years. Rey or Reynard is the same age as me but is a few months older then I am. Farrell, Dior and Alair are my younger cousins, triplets. Gisele is my father's sister and then there's Diallo and Lecia my parents." Koen answered sounding reluctant, the words coming slowly as if pulled out of him against his will but Raul could see the pride, love and wistfulness in his eyes for a moment or two as he named them.

"So where are they?" Raul asked quietly, not wanting him to stop now but he already noticed that Koen's expression was controlled again, his expressive eyes cool as if that emotion hadn't been there a moment or two before.

"Not here." Koen replied curtly, shifting restlessly he got up and walked away from Raul without saying anything else.

He left Raul feeling bewildered, even more frustrated and curious then ever. Koen had a family somewhere and now Raul knew there names at least. He also knew that it seemed that Koen's family was getting closer to Koen and that Koen didn't want them to be. The situation just got more interesting as the days passed and Raul was determined to learn what was going on. What he'd heard today was at least a start and there was a crack in the hard visage that was Koen. Raul wasn't stupid, he knew there was more to Koen then what he chose to show the world, but he needed to know more. Koen was his mate and if something was going on to endanger or trouble his mate then he needed to know to help protect him or fight beside him. He promised himself if it took till the day he chose to leave this world for the next that he'd find out more. Raul had the feeling that Koen's story would be a difficult, if not tragic one, and had the instinctive feeling that Koen had left his family not the other day around. As Raul sat there, left alone with his thoughts and now cold coffee he drifted back towards the 'wolf from the night before. Rey as Koen had called him could give him the key to more of what was going on here. But he had to be careful, he had the feeling that Koen wouldn't appreciate him sticking his curious nose into his business. He knew that this Rey had seemed a prickly and suspicious person, even rude in his coldness, but then that made sense Raul thought in amusement. He was Koen's half brother and Raul now realized why the 'wolf had felt more familiar to him then just in looks. His plan now in place Raul settled back to enjoy the morning sun, listening to the sounds of Koen moving around in the apartment behind him.

12