Orphan Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers

"I know it rattled you Alexander, but there is a reason why. It's another part of being Were."

Alexander had thought that it probably wasn't a coincidence that he had the dream less than twenty-four hours after his first shift. He felt his tension build and did his best to calm himself, waiting for Jenabel to explain.

"Wolves have long memories. Their brains function very differently than ours. Part of that is the length and clarity of memory. They never have to process the amount of information that we do. Most of their memory is based on survival and innate skill. That being the case a wolfs memory begins at almost the instant of birth. Imprinting on their mother, their siblings, their pack mates. They need to have that kind of recall to ensure their safety, to define friend from foe.

"In Weres, that manifests as cub memories. All of us have them to a certain degree. Some can pull forth the first several years of their lives with crystal clarity. Others only have access to specific moments of great happiness, great sorrow or, as in your case, great fear that they remember."

Alexander was quiet as he processed the information. Viewing the dream from this perspective unlocked the truth of it.

"It was when my parents, my...mother, abandoned me at the orphanage. I remember her silhouette, her looking down at me just before she left me. It was that moment that I relived.

"She was running Jenabel, running fast through the night, carrying me, trying to...I don't know, I just don't know."

Jenabel laid her head on his chest wrapping her arms around him. She could feel the indecision, the uncertainty and fear he was feeling through their bond.

"It's alright Alexander, we'll figure it out. The closer you get with your wolf the more integrated you become. You'll find more and more depth and clarity for such memories. Just know Alexander that you'll not be alone through this or anything else ever again. I'll always be here at your side, in your heart and soul. My family, the whole pack, all of us will be here Alexander."

Alexander pulled Jenabel tight to his chest letting her love and want and need of him provide a balm for his erratic emotions. As they held each other, floating in that restful fugue state that can only be found in the arms of someone you love, Alexander let the questions of the past slip away. Wanting only in this moment to love and be loved by Jenabel.

They lingered there for about a half an hour until finally Jenabel pushed herself up and away from Alexander's side.

"It's time we got moving. I'm going to jump in the shower. You stay!" Jenabel's voice was playful as she bounded away from his grasping hands and disappeared into the bathroom.

Alexander lay in bed, listening to the sound of Jenabel humming in the shower with a contented smile on his face.

Closing his eyes he found his wolf pacing close to him in the glade. Alexander smiled. He knew how his wolf felt. Since he shifted yesterday he was quickly becoming more and more in tune with his wolf aspect. Realizing only now that everything he did or experienced was also viewed and experienced through the wolf's eyes and senses.

His time with Jenabel had brought his wolf very close the surface.

The scent of her as she hovered over his mouth had elicited a growl of need from his wolf.

Her taste, spicy and hot, caused his body to flex uncontrollably as the wolf howled his want.

Having her body writhing above his, their skin touching in such an intimate and complete way had brought forth visions of his wolf mounting Jenabel's. Of his jaws closing around the scruff of her neck, the sounds of her needy whines filling his ears and broadcasting her own need to be taken by him.

"It's all yours Alexa..."

Jenabel's breath caught in her throat as she stepped from the bathroom only to find Alexander still naked on the bed, his body tense, his erection once again throbbing hard between his legs.

It wasn't his body or his cock that stopped the words mid-sentence. It was the look in his eyes. Those amazing, piercing, depthless blue eyes now swirled with an amber fire. Golden flecks moved within those deep azure pools.

'What the hell is going on?'

Even as the thought came to Jenabel she knew the answer. His wolf was close to the surface. Whatever Alexander had been day dreaming of it had drawn out his wolf in a most powerful way. She was sure that his own thoughts had been reflecting her own, replaying their earlier intimacy, projecting how much farther and deeper that intimacy could and would go.

Jenabel's knees weakened as his feral stare pinned her and the deep growling sound emanating from his chest caused her pulse to race.

'Jesus, he's going to be a fucking handful.'

She smiled at the thought and added.

'Well, more than a handful actually.'

Jenabel shook her head and closed her eyes trying to regain her composure and tamp down her own skyrocketing libido.

"Stop it Alexander, find your balance."

She said this as she turned grabbing a pair of jeans and a sweater before retreating to the bathroom.

The harsh edge to her words had Alexander shaking his head and casting a baleful stare at his wolf who merely regarded him with a tiresome look.

Alexander stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. Taking a few deep breaths he calmed himself. Closing his eyes he regarded his wolf.

'See what happened there, she slapped us down hard buddy. You need to keep yourself under a bit more control.'

Alexander's wolf was having none of it, giving him a gruff growl the large wolf turned and walked away. His body language suggesting that he could not suffer such a fool any longer.

Alexander smiled at the image of his wolf as he walked to the door of the bathroom, his fingers finding purchase over the doorframe on the trim. He was still naked as he watched Jenabel pull the sweater over her head.

"I'm sorry Jenabel, I didn't...no, that's not right. I definitely did mean the look I was giving you. I want you, you know it, and God knows that I know it. I feel it in every molecule of my being. You told me not to apologize for wanting you. From now on be warned...I won't."

He flashed her a wide grin as he closed the distance between them, placing a searing kiss on her lips and stepped into the shower.

Jenabel, on wobbly legs, left the bathroom. She had to fight the urge, once again, to strip down and join Alexander in the shower to make sure he understood exactly how dangerous kisses like that could be. Calling on a good portion of self-control she wrangled in her galloping libido and grabbed the phone.

"Hi Mom, Alexander and I will be over in a few minutes. Thanks for this morning, what you said, you were totally right about Alexander and I needing to...well you know."

Sophie laughed on the other end of the line.

"You would think Brad, Cross and yourself would finally get it through your thick skulls that I'm always right."

"Any word from the pack members you were looking for?"

Sophie's tone darkened.

"We've heard from all but three, one of them being Cross."

Jenabel's anxiety went up a notch but quickly calmed.

"Cross is fine Mom, I'd know if he wasn't and I don't feel any kind of anxiety from him. Don't worry they'll all be fine."

Sophie was not surprised by Jenabel's comment. Cross and her youngest had always shared a deeper connection than most siblings. Sophie allowed herself to relax some.

"Alright, you've pretty much used up the morning. Come over to the house, Brad should be back in a little while. We think Alexander should work on shifting and getting used to his wolf. Brad will come along, Willow as well."

Jenabel experienced a momentary frisson of worry at the thought of Alexander and herself both in wolf form. Having Brad and Willow along eased her concerns.

"We'll be right over, Alexander is just getting out of the shower. See you in five minutes."

Jenabel hung up the phone just as she registered Alexander standing behind her. His lips caressed her neck gently as she leaned back into him. He turned her, pulling her up to him and kissed her deeply. "I missed you Jenabel." Jenabel nearly swooned at the fiery look in his eye. Slapping his bare chest playfully she pulled away from him.

"Get dressed, we're going over to Mom and Dad's to meet up with Brad and Willow. We'll be working on introducing you more fully to your wolf today."

Alexander felt his wolf begin to pace again within him, it seemed more than pleased with this turn of events. Alexander mirrored that emotion, feeling his heart start to race at the thought of once again allowing his wolf to run free.

-vVv-

The Rogue Alpha stood looking out the window at the rising sun as an Omega entered the room.

"Alpha, the Beta's have left for the Benton pack. It should take the Beta group less than two hours to get there. We expect them to return here a little after dark as you ordered."

The Rogue Alpha nodded and dismissed the Omega.

"It's well past time those arrogant fools realized that you don't take from a Bouchard without...consequences."

*

My thanks to Mikothebaby for her editing skills and Tanja for her beta reading insights.

Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers