Overboard

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,595 Followers

"Do you mind if I come over there? I have something to show you."

"Of course not, Tom. When will you be here?"

"I'll let Mrs. Calderone know I'm out for the evening and she can leave something for the boys to eat. Undoubtedly it would be a heat-and-serve pizza. I should be at your place in a half-hour."

"I'll put something on for both of us," she said. He could hear the smile in her voice.

True to his word, Tom rolled his Audi into the visitor parking slot at Connie's townhouse half an hour later. He walked up to the front door and was about to ring the bell when it opened and a bright, cheery, Connie welcomed him.

"Hi, lover," Connie smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him deeply.

"Hi," he managed when she finally released her lip-lock.

Once inside and sitting with her on the sofa, they exchanged kisses once again before Tom put the cream-coloured envelope on the coffee table in front of them.

"What's that?" she asked.

"I went in to see Malachi Wise today. Veronica attached that letter to her will, only to be opened upon her death. She gave it to Malachi less than a month before she disappeared. I think you ought to read it."

She nodded, noting the serious look on Tom's face. He picked it up and handed it to her.

"I'll get you a drink while you're reading," he said, rising and heading for the kitchen. He poured two glasses of wine from an open bottle and returned to the living room. When he arrived, he could see tears streaming down Connie's face, her jaw trembling as she read the letter.

When she finished, she put the letter down and pulled Tom to her and held him closely.

"I had no idea," she cried. "I didn't see any sign ... nothing."

"I know. Neither did I. She had us all fooled. I guess it explains what happened that night on the Lady."

Connie nodded, tears still trickling from her eyes.

"My poor sister. Knowing she was going to die and hiding it. She was right. She was an incredible actress. I can't quite believe it," she paused. "I guess it's a warning to me to be watchful. Cancer can run in families."

"I hadn't thought of that," Tom admitted.

"Tom, we can never tell my parents about this -- the suicide or the affair. They must never know. It would kill them."

Tom nodded agreement. "I won't tell the boys or my mother either. They don't need to know. I'd rather they have good memories of her than what's in that letter. After you've seen it, I'm going to put it in the safe deposit box. I'm the only person with access to it, but I'll probably add you to that soon. Are you okay with that, or do you want me to destroy it?"

"I don't know," she cried. "I really don't. It's too soon to decide. Why don't you put it away and we can decide later if we want to destroy it."

"Okay, I'll put it in the box tomorrow so that no one finds it accidentally."

It was a quiet meal and afterwards, they sat together on the sofa, attempting to watch some television, but finding it difficult to concentrate. Finally giving up, Connie rose and took Tom's hand, leading him to the bedroom. They would make love in silence, but with a tenderness that Connie had become accustomed to with her man. He seemed to know exactly when to comfort her this way, leaving the more aggressive and passionate love-making for another time.

He had no intention of going home that night. She needed his warmth and soothing presence to keep her calm. The letter had a profound affect on her feelings for her late sister. She almost understood why she did what she did. Almost, but not quite. The affair began before she knew of her illness. Veronica's recognition of her sister's love for Tom and her willingness to see her happy was almost as shocking. It would seem she didn't really know her sister at all.

"Connie ... I think it's time we told the boys and our parents about us. I love you and I want to marry you when we can, and I want everyone to know that," he said.

She turned to him and smiled. "Yes. I want that too. Tomorrow will be a new day, Tom. A new day for us."

END

My thanks to ErikThread and DaveT for the editing skills and helpful suggestions. Any errors are mine alone.

coaster2
coaster2
2,595 Followers