Palomino Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LadyRoscoe
LadyRoscoe
224 Followers

Lacey's mind was purely on the race at hand and her mount. Ice didn't need any prompting. She just gave him his head and touched his neck at the right time as he rounded the barrels. She could feel her leg barely graze the barrel, soft enough that it didn't even move before they were racing for the next one in a cloverleaf pattern. She could feel Ice's legs churning and only when he had rounded the last barrel, did she give him more encouragement and he seemed to leap ahead, a beautiful blonde speed demon as he raced through and back down the arena hallway and out completely of the building. Only when she was outside, was she able to completely stop him, her heart racing a million miles a minute. She stood in the stirrups some and glanced back over her shoulder with a wide grin as she heard Tate and Lance whooping and hollering along with Tyler as they ran towards her.

Wesley jumped down off the gate with a whoop and dodged through other competitors, weaving this way and that as he raced toward the other end of the arena. Finally he made his way down the way and outside. He caught sight of Lance and Tyler. The scoundrels. How'd they hide this from him? Was he really that blind? Suddenly he felt so stupid. His stubbornness and bull-headedness had not only started an unneeded fight, cost him and Lance a night of competition, but he'd almost missed Lacey's debut. At the same time he felt rather cheated that he'd not been let in on the secret. He didn't care all the same. It'd catch up with him soon enough. He was cheering and whooping like a maniac as he raced toward Lacey and Ice. "That was amazing!"

Lacey hopped off of Ice, holding the reins tightly as she was caught up in a bear hug by Lance first. Tate was able to catch Ice's reins as the horse danced and snorted, side-stepping quickly as Lance swung her around. "Damn girl ... damn! Where'd you learn to ride like that?!" he laughed and then set her down in time for Tyler to hug her as Tate beamed proudly.

"Where do ya think, ya asshole?" Tate proclaimed, his limp almost completely gone as he soothed the horse. Only then did all four of them hear Wesley's shout as he ran up them. They all turned with a startled look, expecting him to furious but instead, saw a transformed cowboy running their way.

He pushed Lance aside and grabbed Lacey out of Tate's arms to scoop her up and swing her around. Only when he set her back on her feet did he halt his panting enough to talk. "That.... was just.... wow. I haven't seen a run like that since.... well.... in a long time." He hugged her close with a smile. "Ya done good, girl. And who's this?" He motioned to the horse that suddenly perked in curiosity at this new person around and was stretching his neck to get a better look and sniff.

Lacey beamed, feeling like she was going to cry as Wesley swung her around. She felt tears well up in her eyes to know that she had made him proud and hugged him close, unable to speak for a moment until Ice's nickering got her attention. She turned to see Tyler, Tate and Lance grinning like the Cheshire Cat and she rubbed Ice's muzzle and forehead as he stretched a bit more to nibble at Wesley's arm. "This is Ice ... I bought him a couple of months ago," she said with a proud smile and then glanced to Wesley again right as the loudspeaker crackled again. "Alright folks, give us a second ... we've got our scores for tonight's ladies competition."

Wesly offered a hand to the nibbling lips and felt warm horse tongue against his fingers as if he were expecting a treat and he chuckled, rubbing the velvety muzzle. "Sorry fella... don't got any. Got some back with the tack, though. Give ya some when we get back, k?" He reached up to rub between the big brown eyes and smiled. A palamino. He should've guessed. He was gorgeous... and perfect. He knew just by the few seconds of meeting him he was Lacey's twin on four legs. He shushed the nickering with a grin as the loudspeakers boomed with the announcer's voice.

Lacey's fingers tightened on Wesley's arm reflexively as they all stilled to listen, her breath caught momentarily in her throat. "We've got quite the surprise tonight ... a tie for first place between our returning champion Cheyenne Lackey and our very own Lacey King! Congratulations to both ladies on a job well done!" Lacey couldn't speak ... she looked like she was in shock as the men around her erupted. Tate looked like a proud papa, grinning and nodding and he rubbed Ice and nodded to the other men. "Well it looks like I better get this champion cooled off and taken care of so he's ready to run again tomorrow night." He grinned and then leaned to kiss Lacey's cheek. "Congratulations gal, I knew ya had it in ya." He winked and slapped Wesley on the shoulder before leading Ice away.

Wesley winced a bit at the slap and chuckled, scooping Lacey up off her feet. He kissed her deeply then, holding her in his arms. "Thought ya were sick." He winked with a grin.

Lacey beamed, slipping her arms around the man she loved and kissed him, her fingers tenderly caressing the small of his back. "Well ..." she began, laughing softly before Lance sidled up to them with an "Ahem, thought you weren't gonna watch the races?"

Wesley set Lacey down again but kept a protective arm around her waist to keep her close. He glared at Lance, his mood changing a bit darker and his grasp loosened slightly on Lace. There was still a big argument that hadn't been settled between the two friends. "You cost us a night of competition, you sonofabitch."

Lacey stilled a moment, her gaze shifting between Wesley and Lance and started to speak up in Lance's defense before she saw him shake his head and glare back at Wesley for a minute. "Yeah but it's worth it. You shoulda seen the look on yer face when ya came runnin' up. You ain't looked like that in years." He put his hands on his hips, taking on a lazy cowboy kinda stance as he looked at his friend. "If'n ya wanna hit me cuz of it, then go fer it."

Wesley's fist tightened a bit as the offer was made, half-tempted to take Lance up on it. He took a deep breath to steady his temper. "Nah.... can't give ya a black eye fer competition. We're in high enough standin's we kin slide in tomorra' nigh'. Told the judges ol' Gunthar had a stitch in 'is leg an' was unfit ta run tonigh'. "

Lance nodded as Lacey looked distraught that it was her fault they were fighting. "I knew we would be .. but if you wanna be picky about it, it were yer fault we missed out on competition cuz yer a bullheaded sonofabitch." Lacey stepped between the two friends. putting a hand on each of their chests. "Okay, that's enough ... this is my fault and you two arguing about which one of you is to blame is just wrong. Please, just stop it ..."

Wesley reached up to push Lacey's hand away, catching her gaze for half a second before looking back at Lance again. "Idda rather withdrawn than gone in with a foul mood. Foul moods kill people in this sport. I know better."

Lance did the same with Lacey's hand but seemed unruffled by the whole thing. If Wesley wanted to get pissy at him, then so be it but he had only been doing what he thought best. "It wasn't about competing tonight, asshole ... it was about you taking another step in the right direction. But you don't see that, do ya?"

Wesley snarled a bit and closed the space that had been between them and glared into Lance's eyes. He put two fingers against Lance's chest and jabbed rather hard. "And ya push too damned hard."

Lacey staggered back a bit, blue eyes wide as she watched them, wanting to interfere, but knew reflexively to just stay out of it. Lance pushed back against Wesley, their faces mere inches away from either as he jabbed Wesley back in the chest and replied very matter-of-factly, "Somebody's got ta and that's what best friends are fer."

"Ta be royal pains in the asses and cross the line to gettin' their asses kicked? Stop pushin' so hard.... or I'll flatten ya. Again." Wesley snorted and stepped back. He didn't want to get into a fight again.

Lance stared at Wesley for a moment, his natural instinct to go at him again but then he brushed off the front of his shirt before tipping his hat to Lacey. "Mighty fine job out there tonight, Lace" and sauntered off in the direction that Tate had gone. Tyler glanced to Lacey for a moment and jogged to catch up with Lance as Lacey rubbed her index finger right along her face just below her mouth and above her chin as she glanced to Wesley, unsure at the moment what she should say. She felt incredible guilt though; knowing she was to blame for their argument tonight.

Wesley saw the instant flash in Lance's eyes and he had braced for it. But then he'd turned around and walked away. It was probably wise on his part and good for both of them. Neither of them were in any mood to tangle with one another again. Wesley looked at Lacey rather apologetically. "Pardon fer stealin' yer fire, Lace. Ya done good out there."

Lacey smiled a bit and moved to him, tenderly slipping her arms around him to soothe him some as she turned her head slightly so her hat wouldn't knock against him and pressed a soft kiss to his neck. "I'm glad you watched, Wesley," she softly murmured in his ear before pulling back a bit to gaze into his eyes. "Thank you"

He smiled a bit and wrapped her up in his arms as she hugged him. He leaned down to kiss her softly, the irritation still surging a bit but not too bad. She'd sapped most of it out of him the second she got into his arms. "You're welcome, cowgirl. Ya should wear that get-up more often. Ya look good." He winked and hugged her again, grateful to have her around

Lacey smiled gently, her arms tightening around him as she pressed another soft kiss to his lips. "What? You want me to wear this to bed now?" she teased, a twinkle apparent in blue eyes. Her fingers gently caressed his lower back as she felt him start to relax. She knew instinctively that he just needed some time to cool off and she was just the person to help him with it.

LadyRoscoe
LadyRoscoe
224 Followers
12