Pay It Forward Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

"Clemmie, listen to me. You have to move away from there. It's not safe." Kevin added in supporting Darren.

Clemmie scoffed, "You guys always stick together. I'm fine. He's gone for now so don't worry." she added.

"This is serious." Darren insisted, "Listen Clemmie, call Mrs. Macgregor and take her up on the offer. I need to know you're safe. When I get out, we'll get a place and he won't come near you, but for now let them keep you safe." Her brother insisted.

"Darren, it'll be alright-" Clemmie started to explain when Kevin interjected.

"I agree with Darren. Mr. MacGregor is a good man. He promised us he'd keep you safe, Clemmie. Please let him." Kevin pleaded.

Clemmie smiled. Kevin and Gianni were just as protective as Darren, even though they weren't really related to her. She cared about both of them just as much and she knew the feelings were reciprocated. He was truly worried. So she smiled and embraced both of her brothers. "You guys are the best. I'll call her, OK."

"Hey," Gianni ran over, joining in. "I need a hug too and you can't leave Michal out." He laughed. So being a true lady Clemmie hugged her new baby brother and his friend.

When Clemmie wrapped her arms around him and Michal held her back, for a brief second, he never wanted to let her go. Laughing she released him and said "You know seven months ago I had one bossy brother, now I have four. I am one lucky girl. The guys laughed. Michal laughed with them, but his feelings toward this girl were anything but brotherly.

Soon the day ended and it was time to leave. Clemmie had to work so she could not come back Sunday, but Michal told the guys he'd stop back by.

As they left Clemmie headed to the bus station, but Michal stopped her. "Hey Clemmie, I can take you home you don't have to ride the bus." She froze.

"No Michal, thanks, but I'd rather take the bus." She answered not giving him a reason.

"Please Clemmie, we can stop and grab something to eat. My treat." He implored.

Clemmie was thoughtful. She liked him. He was one handsome man. She was a little older and she wondered if he was even eighteen. But as much as she wanted to say yes, she couldn't. If he drove her home and someone told Robert a man dropped her off... Well she didn't want to think about the fall out. So even though she wanted to say yes, everything in her was screaming yes, she had to turn him down.

"Michal, I'm sorry. I can't. I know you don't understand, but for me it's safer to ride the bus." She exhaled. "Thank you, though."

"Clemmie, wait. Do you have a cell phone? I never saw you use one and I wondered." Michal asked.

"No, I don't." She answered, embarrassed becasue Robert never allowed her to have one. She noticed the bus started loading, as he stopped her once more.

"Here, take mine." Michal answered, as he handed her his smart phone. Clemmie just looked at him. Was this guy really giving her his phone? Then she realized he was still speaking. "If you need anything, press the number 2. It goes straight to my Mom; number 3 goes straight to my Dad. I'll get a new phone and get the number to you tomorrow when I drop the charger off at your job, OK. Clemmie, hide the phone. Don't let him know you have it." Michal was a quick study. He knew if she didn't have a phone, it was because of that man. But she needed a way to call for help.

Taking the phone, Clemmie looked at him and the the phone. "Thank you," she whispered and then she had to sprint to her bus before she missed it.

He stood and watched as the bus drove off; then went straight to his car. He had to get home and tell his parents he'd given her the phone to call them, and then he'd order a new one for himself. Michal prayed that until she was brave enough to leave, that this guy, this Robert, stayed in jail.

Michal made it home and his parents were out. He knew they'd be home soon, so he just relaxed in the family library until one of them came in.

"Son, you're home early." Delia greeted him when she walked into the library.

"Yes, Ma'am. Look Mom, I saw Clemmie at the detention center today. Darren tried to talk her into letting us help, but she's too afraid. I offered her a ride home and she refused me. I know it's because of that guy. Robert. So I asked if she had a cell phone, but she didn't. I gave her mine. I told her to hide it someplace safe and that you and dad were on speed dial. If you get a call from my old number, answer immediately. I'll order me a new one with a different number." He explained.

The level of anxiety coming from Michal caused Delia to pause. She knew this girl was in trouble, but she refused to move. Delia didn't understand. She had a way out and wouldn't take it. It frustrated her to no end. She'd talked to Shaun earlier and he'd be home late. He had to help her understand. This just didn't make sense to her.

"Michal, she's safe for now. According to Silas, Robert has several bench warrants. And other crimes he is guilty of. With the assault on Clemmie, we have time to convince her to move. Besides, her brother will be released in a couple of months; he'll be there to protect her. Please don't worry." She tried to comfort him.

Michal walked across the room, "Mom, she's beautiful. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. And she's so brave, and funny, and just loveable. I want to wrap her in a bubble and guard her from everything, but that's not my call. I'm only seventeen, a kid. I go off to college in a few months. Who knows when Dad's time is over for mentoring the guys, they might not want to be around me anymore. He might be through with them. If I was older, maybe..." Michal took a deep breath.

"I'm going to help her be safe now and in a few months when I'm eighteen, I'm coming back home and, I'll tell her how I feel." Michal declared.

"Son, you are too young to declare your feelings for this girl. In a few years you may have met someone new. It's admirable that you want to help her, but don't confuse your feelings, alright." Delia explained softly.

"Mom, you met dad at a gas station. You knew who he was that first time he told you to get your nose out of the air. You thought about him so much that you went back, all alone, I might add to see him. I know grandma told you he was just someone you were curious about, but he wasn't. Mom, how old were you?" Michal asked.

Delia smiled, "You're right. I knew him. Michal, you have time. You're starting college and will meet so many people. I know you care about Clemmie, but take time to explore first. She's in a terrible place right now, and it may be a while before she trust anyone. But first, we have to find a way to get her away from that guy."

Michal nodded as he gave his Mom a big hug. Delia laughed. "I can't wait to tell your Dad about this." Michal cringed.

A few hours later, Shaun came home and Michal relayed the events from the day to him. Shaun listened and nodded, as he recognized a familiar gleam in his son's eye as he spoke of Clemmie. He'd yet to meet this young woman that had so many championing her. He needed to remedy that. He was actually going to the detention center Sunday to visit with the guys, after checking on his boys, he'd stop by the home to meet Clemmie. He was curious. After all what man wouldn't want to meet the woman his son would someday marry.

The next morning, Shaun headed to the detention center. He realized that his time as a mentor would end in less than two months. He wanted to speak with Kersh and see if he could continue to mentor these three guys even though it wasn't court mandated.

"MacGregor, glad to see you. Your son stopped by yesterday. He is a fine young man." Kersh greeted him as he walked in.

"He seems to really like the guys. I knew he would. Actually that's why I'm here. You know my court mandated mentoring ends in about six weeks, I wanted to know can I continue helping these boys. Nothing will change. I just don't want to abandon them. They've made such progress." Shaun continued the he realized Kersh was silent.

"What is it, Kersh? What's wrong?" MacGregor demanded.

"They are being reassigned in a few months. Gianni will return to his mother. Darren and Kevin are moving into a group home for young men. They'll both be eighteen soon and can no longer remain here." Kersh kept talking. "You know I'd grant you permission in a heartbeat, but Shaun, Mr. MacGregor, it's no longer my call."

"Who's the judge that ordered this?" Shaun asked. He'd talk to him. He couldn't take these boys from him. Kersh gave him the name of the judge, and then Shaun had to see his boys. As he was visiting with them, Gianni looked up as a woman he'd never seen walked in.

"Momma," he yelled as he rushed across the room to embrace her. Shaun smiled as the lady covered the young boy with kisses.

Pulling her by the hand, Gianni brought her over to him. "Momma, this is Mr. MacGregor. He's the best. He has helped me so much. Mr. MacGregor, this is my Mom. Maria Russo."

Shaun extended his hand in greeting, but the lady brushed it away as she threw her arms around his neck. "Thank you for helping my son. Thank you."

"Kevin and Darren greeted her as well." Gianni was so happy to have his mother there that Shaun paused. He couldn't let this kid go, so maybe his mother would allow him to stay in his life.

"Mrs. Russo, Gianni has helped me just as much. I hope to be in his life from now on. I'd love to be there when he reaches his dreams." Shaun started solemnly.

Maria Russo nodded. She heard the hidden meaning behind his words, and in all honesty, she appreciated it. Since he came into her son's life, Gianni now spoke of dreams and hopes. She'd be there for him, but if this man stood with him as well, he was sure to fly.

"Mr. MacGregor, you will always have a place with him." She answered and just like that, Shaun sighed. He could keep one of his boys safe. Now, he had to find a way to stay in the lives of Darren and Kevin as well.

Six weeks later, Shaun was back in Judge's Munoz's office. His mentorship of is three boys, well the court ordered portion a=had ended. The Judge thanked him for his time, but Shaun didn't move to leave.

"Judge, I want to continue working with the boys. Gianni moves back home in two weeks and Darren and Kevin have both moved to a group home. If I stay in their lives, would it cause a problem?" he asked.

Judge Munoz smiled, "From what I have been told, Mrs. Russo has adopted you into her family. And not only are you helping Gianni, but her younger two boys as well. As for Darren and Kevin, they will be adults in a few months. Whether they let you into their lives is up to them, but for now, you can check on them on your own, so yes MacGregor, you can mentor your boys."

Everything was working out, except for Clemmie. She still lived in the apartment she shared with Robert. Shaun had people watching that case closely, and Robert was locked up for at least six more months. Fortunately, for now, she was safe as the cretin was on lockdown.

He couldn't help but chuckle at Michal. His son was completed besotted with the girl. Clemmie never encouraged him and was always polite. She still would not let him drive her to the apartment, but she would let him take her to lunch from work. After his lunch dates with Clemmie, Michal would smile for hours.

Sadly, he had to go to school. He actually considered transferring to a local community college. Clemmie refused to let him. He was too bright and had too many opportunities to squander his life, she told him. "Go to Pembridge," she said. "You can visit on holidays."

Soon all three young men were eighteen years old. Darren and Kevin felt that now since they were adults, they had to support themselves. As a man, Darren felt it was his job to provide for his sister. At first he decided to just find work, but as they celebrated Michal going to Pembridge, he wondered. Shaun watched the two young men, and he believed they deserved as much of a chance as anyone. So he helped them find grants, and his company gave them scholarships.

With Shaun's encouragement, both Kevin and Darren enrolled in the local community college. Kevin went into architecture and design. Darren went automotive and diesel repair. Both men worked and found a small apartment near the school. Darren begged Clemmie to live with them, but the apartment was a two bedroom and she refused to crowd them out. Kevin told her space wasn't a problem. She could have the smaller bedroom and he and Darren could share the bigger one.

Clemmie smiled. She was so lovely, creamy brown skin, and the clearest brown eyes. She promised them she'd consider their offer. Darren wanted to force her to move, but knew he could not. So each night one of the two guys would meet her at her job and make sure she got home safely. Over time, Clemmie insisted that she was fine, so albeit reluctantly, they backed off.

Several months after Robert was gone, Clemmie had made the decision to try and leave. Darren was working, as was Kevin, and between the three of them, they could find an affordable place. She arrived back at her apartment, and let herself in. As soon as she walked in the door, before she could even turn on the light, someone punched her in the head, rendering her helpless.

"Bitch, you cheating on me with some white boy. Just because I was locked up, you think you can make a fool of me." Robert yelled as he continued to punch her mercilessly.

Mustering all the strength she had Clemmie fought back. She had to get to the phone. She had to call for help. She shoved Robert as hard as she could and he fell off of her long enough for her to run to the bedroom. Locking the door and hiding in the closet, she took out the phone that she'd hidden on charge months earlier, she hit a number and it dialed.

The phone rang and rang. Before anyone answered, Robert kicked her door in and snatched her out of the closet, cursing her as he slapped her to the ground. The phone had fallen from her hand when he snatched her out of the closet. Clemmie screamed as she cowered, covering her head trying to protect herself from the vicious blows.

Shaun was almost asleep when his son's old ringtone came through and he knew Clemmie was in trouble. Shaun picked up just as Clemmie screamed when Robert struck her once more. His heart stopped. He knew she was being beaten by that monster again.

Calling the police, Shaun reported the attack, gave the address. The dispatcher started questioning him when he demanded that they get someone to that apartment immediately, or he'd make damn sure no one in that department had a job the next day. He leaped from the bed waking Delia in the process. He relayed to her what he heard and she was terrified for the young woman that had become a part of their family.

Michal, who had just came home for a visit from Pembridge, heard the commotion came out and saw his father crying being trailed by his mother as she sobbed.

"What is it?" He asked. His heart pounding, as his mother whispered the one name he feared the most, "Clemmie,-" Michal didn't hear the rest. He grabbed his robe and rushed out of the door with his father. She had to be alright, he prayed, "Let her be alright."

The two men arrived at the apartment within minutes. The police were already there. Two officers had Robert cuffed and subdued as he was read his rights. Michal and Shaun saw red when they saw Robert covered in blood. Michal ran into the apartment; he had to fine Clemmie. She had to be alright. She just had to be. An officer stopped him.

"You can't go in there, son. It's a crime scene." He explained. Michal screamed and collapsed. If this bastard had taken Clemmie from him, there was no place in hell he could hide.

Shaun grabbed his son and moved him out of the way. "The ambulance is on its way son. Your mother is picking up Darren and Kevin and they'll meet us at the hospital." He explained to the distraught young man.

The paramedics went into the room and within minutes rushed out with Clemmie. Michal saw how badly bruised and beaten she was and once again he lost it. Shaun held his son, offering words of comfort, even as they were moving to his car.

How did this happen? This bastard was supposed to be locked up. When did he get out? Why wasn't I alerted. Shaun fumed, tears streaming down his face. Someone owed him an explanation. They broke every speed limit imaginable with a full police escort to Mt. Vienna Medical Center, where Clemmie was being treated. She was examined and rushed to surgery. Then, there was nothing else to do, but wait.

Everyone at the hospital was a mess. Darren sobbed uncontrollably as did Kevin. Delia did all she could to comfort the young men. Gianni's mother brought him in and he broke down as well. They all had failed. They failed to keep the most precious person in their lives safe.

Shaun held his three boys a Delia moved over to a silent and shell-shocked Michal. Michal wasn't speaking, wasn't crying, wasn't even there. He was reliving the nightmare he'd witnessed hours before. Recalling the sight of his love, beaten, bruised, and broken. Michal sat there waiting to see if the one woman he loved would leave him on this earth alone.

Thank you for reading. Chapter four is in the works.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers
12