Pay It Forward

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He wasn't afraid of him. Darren saw that this man didn't cower. He stood up to him, and that earned this Old Dude mad respect. So Darren sat and let Shaun speak.

"Are you done, son? Now, let's get something straight. I am here to help you but you must help yourself. I'll come here twice a week to work with you, but I promise you this, Darren you will learn to read, you must. And something else Darren, you can have a life, but you have to choose it. I know the deck seems to be stacked against you, but you can make it out of this. Tomorrow, I'm rearranging my work schedule to visit with you guys throughout the week. I would like to hire a tutor to help you. Will you let me do that?" Shaun asked.

Darren was stunned and for a second couldn't respond. In two seconds, this guy had read him like a book. He figured out the one secret he'd fought his entire life to hide. Darren started to deny that he needed help, but Shaun stopped him. "I'm keeping this card, and the next time I come here, I want you to read it to me." And just like before, their time was up.

Kersh came back in and told Darren it was time for lunch. The young man, seemingly in shock, staggered out of the room with the guard. Kersh led MacGregor back to his office to debrief. As the two men sat down to talk, Shaun asked a question that bugged him.

"So, Kersh, what were you doing yesterday? All those horrible things you said about these boys. Why?"

Kersh looked at MacGregor, embarrassed, "Mr. MacGregor, you don't get it. For some of these kids this place is home...safer for them even. These three boys have spent most of their lives here, not by choice, but chance. They are vulnerable, and I don't want them hurt. Yesterday, I was hoping to scare you off, but right now I'm glad it didn't work." Kersh smiled. Extending his hand in greeting, he shook Shaun MacGregor's hand, "Welcome to our dysfunctional family."

I certainly hoped you enjoyed chapter one of the story. Please remember to vote and comment. Constructive feedback is welcomed.


12