Prey For Me Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Alrighty then," Kim began, "Let's talk about Countess Elizabeth Bathory. I don't suppose you ever read the book ‘Dracula Was a Woman’ by Raymond McNally? The author said Bram Stoker was very much interested in the legend of Elizabeth Bathory. How about ‘The Blood Countess’ by Codrescu? Is that on your reading list?

"Elizabeth was a Hungarian Countess born in 1560. A descendant of Vlad the Impaler and related to Istvan Bathory, prince of Transylvania. At age 15 she married Count Ferenc Nadasdy and they lived in a castle, Csejthe. In her early twenties she began to bathe in and drink blood of virgin girls as a means to assure her internal life and beauty. She had more than 600 girls murdered by her henchmen and drained of blood.

"In 1610 Elizabeth's castle was raided by suspecting authorities. Fifty bodies were buried under the castle. Dead girls and even live ones pierced with holes were discovered inside. Her punishment was solitary confinement. Her room was walled up by stonemasons but for a small hole to pass food through. Stonemasons who became the Freemasons they were. Rumor has it they were bewitched by Elizabeth. She died four years later in that room.

"Elizabeth's diary was discovered and in it she documented 612 deaths. She wrote of torture and how the girls were stuck with pins and cut with scissors to let the blood flow. Often they would be hung by the ceiling and Elizabeth would shower in blood. All records regarding her were sealed for over a hundred years and mention of her name was forbidden in Hungary."

"Kim, speaking of Freemasons, what do you know about Freemasons or Albert Pike?" Jack asked, as it appeared Kim was momentarily out of breath and words.

Their conversation was only interrupted briefly by the arrival of dinner which was personally delivered by Maitre D' Lino and Chef Luigi. "How are you Miss Wright?" Luigi asked. He knew her from her previous visits and her past life as a newspaper reporter. "And you Mr. Davis?" He knew him by reputation. "Please enjoy your dinner. Can we talk to you later? Preferably after 10:00 when we close and everyone will be gone."

Jack looked at Kim and she nodded in approval so he responded, "Sure. Whenever you are finished with business bring us a late dessert, a bottle of brandy and whatever you gentlemen would like. Put it on my bill."

"No, no, Mr. Davis," Lino insisted. "This one is on us. Please." Jack reluctantly shook his head indicating agreement.

"What do you suppose they want?" Kim asked after she had taken a few mouthfuls.

"I don't know, Kim, and I'm not sure I care. I'd like to reciprocate somehow for this absolutely delicious fish stew we are eating for free. What did you call this stuff? Now where were we? I think I asked you a question. Do you remember what it was?"

"This stuff is called Ciopino. I remember what you asked about Freemasons and Albert Pike. I know the stories. You see, I am very much a Civil War and black history buff. I could tell you the story of how the black Buffalo Soldiers kicked the Indians' asses but that's a long story."

"Well, I certainly wish you would tell me, Kim. I have a new friend named Caitlin Cornplanter, a Seneca, and I'm sure I could impress her with that story. In fact, you remind me a lot of her. So bright and funny and curious and very pretty. Can't forget the pretty part. You tell me your story and I'll tell you an interesting story about Bram Stoker."

"Sure, Jack, but not now. I'm starting to feel all warm and toasty. Dunno if it's the wine, the atmosphere or the company. Speaking of the company, thank you for the compliments, you dog. Let's lighten up the conversation a bit. I'm a sports nut, believe it or not. Football, basketball, boxing and just about everything else. Let's talk about boxing. I mean, this is Vegas and I have attended a few big fights here."

They spent the next hour and more arguing about boxing. Kim kept insisting that Roy Jones Jr. could beat anybody, heavyweights included.

"But Jack, Roy has the perfect style to beat any of those heavyweights, Lennox Lewis included. He doesn't rely on the jab. He could just stand at a distance and take his pot shots. He is so quick. I don't think a big heavyweight could hit him much."

"Maybe, Kim, but if one of those big guys leans and lays all over Roy and roughs him up, I think he would be in real trouble. This isn't like George Foreman getting the rope-a-dope. He and Muhammad Ali were about the same size. Some of these heavyweights weigh seventy-five pounds more than Roy and are much taller. It would be like me fighting you."

"You want to try, smart ass?" Kim joked. "I might be a lot more to handle than you can possibly imagine."

"Now that I do believe, Kim," Jack responded with a grin.

"Well anyway, Jack, Roy is so dominant his fights are boring. There is no light-heavyweight, or cruiser-weight, who could come close to beating him. He should just get it on and rumble with the big dudes. Now that would generate some interest. I repeat what I said before. I think a much lighter guy who is a true boxer can't beat a much bigger guy. Roy has the style, quickness and power that could beat anybody as long as it doesn't turn into a wrestling match."

It was about 10:30 and Luigi and Lino walked over with desert and bottles in hand. "This is Tiramisu," Luigi announced as he placed it before Jack and Kim. Traditional Italian trifle with ladyfingers, expresso, mascarpone cream and imported liqueur."

Kim took a quick taste and exclaimed, "This is delicious. Oh my, I gonna get fat!" she whined as she really dug in.

"Would you two sit down?" Jack ordered. "Now, what's on your mind?"

"This will really sound stupid, Mr. Davis," Lino began, "but we don't care. We want you to find our stolen motorcycles."

Jack laughed. "What are their names, Peggy and Sue?"

"That's close," Luigi responded. "We love our motorcycles."

Jack was getting a real kick out of these guys and couldn't stop his fit of laughter. It was just the so serious look on their faces. Kim was too busy with the Tiramisu to pay much attention. Jack pushed his dish over to her and her face lit up like a little girl blowing out her birthday candles.

"OK, OK, you two, tell me the story and try not to make it too melodramatic." Jack took out his notebook and also his handkerchief to wipe his teary eyes.

Lino explained, "Our motorcycles were stolen two weeks ago. Mine is a 1957 Harley Davidson FLH Hydro-Glide and Luigi's is a 1956 Harley Davidson FL Panhead. Here are pictures and all the details. Of course we reported the thefts to the police and our insurance company. We don't want money. We want our motorcycles back."

"You see, Mr. Davis," Luigi added, " we have owned those Harleys since 1957 when we purchased them brand spanking new. Lino and I are childhood friends. We joined the Army together, served in Korea together, saved our money and bought those motorcycles, which we have been riding for more than 30 years. We had them before we had our wives."

Lino interrupted, "And we got more rides on those Harleys than we did our wives. As Luigi says, 'why didn't they steal my wife?' and such."

Jack was really cracking up now. He couldn't help it. These guys were funnier than most of the hotshot comics in Vegas. He gritted his teeth and said, "OK, tell me exactly how your motorcycles were stolen."

"It was exactly two weeks ago today," Lino elaborated. "Here is a copy of the report and the claim report we filled out for the insurance company. Luigi and I meet every morning at 9:00 at the McDonalds a couple blocks from my house. Right, two connoisseurs of fine food eat breakfast there. It's the American way. We read our papers, munch on hash browns and drink coffee for an hour and then head over here. We have been doing this the same way every day for years. Somebody was most likely watching our routine. This thing was planned."

Luigi took over. "We parked our motorcycles in the lot in back like we always do. There are people coming and going all the time and it's not like somebody could steal two Harleys without being seen. And the two guys who did this were seen. They were very large men with long hair and they looked like bikers. Dressed in leather, black dusters with a scorpion insignia on the back according to witnesses."

All of a sudden Jack wasn't laughing anymore and this was getting serious. He held up his hand for Luigi to pause. "Slow down a little. I'm taking notes here."

"OK, Mr. Davis," Luigi continued at a slower pace, "these two guys pulled up in a big black Ford truck, a F250 Super Duty Club Cab, according to one witness. He said it's known as the Testosterone Truck. They didn't have a ramp or anything. They just picked up our Harleys and put them on their truck. This all took about two minutes and happened around noon. That's about all we know. The police haven't found out anything."

"Please take this case, Mr. Davis," Lino pleaded. "We'll pay whatever you ask. Money is not the issue here."

"Well, guys, tell me what else besides the Ciopino is on the menu."

"Huh?" both men blurted out.

"Tell me what else is one the menu for dinner I said." Even Kim was paying attention now after having finished off both desserts.

Luigi recited the menu. "We have Seafood Risotto. Jumbo shrimp and scallops with baby squid sauteed with garlic, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and arborio rice. We have Salmon alla Griglia. Fileted de-boned fresh Alaskan salmon grilled in a special house seasoning and topped with vinaigrette sauce. We have Scaloppini di Vitello alla Zingara. Veal medallions sauteed with herbs, a touch of cognac, fresh mushrooms, leeks and capers."

"Jack, Jack, I'm still hungry," Kim whispered.

"OK, you two guys, here's the deal," Jack stated with finality. "I don't want your money. I want to eat dinner here whenever I want, for free, and I want to bring my friends. You keep track of the bill. When and if I find your motorcycles and return them to you, we are even. If I don't find them then I pay you whatever the bill is. How's that sound?"

Lino and Luigi were practically sobbing with gratitude as they thanked Jack. Kim was giggling uncontrollably and didn't stop until they were outside and standing by their cars.

"Jack, you haven't even told me what I want to know about Lilith. You distracted me. Can we go somewhere else and talk?"

"How about Pahrump?"

"What?"

"I'm leaving for Pahrump in the morning when the sun rises. Do you want to go with me?"

"Yes! But why would you take me with you?"

"I'll make you an offer perhaps you can't refuse, Kim. You said I could trust you. OK. I think I can. How would you like to work for me? I need some help. My friends Brett and Caitlin will be back for New Years to work on this with me, but I need help now. I'll pay you whatever you made at the paper. And I'll give you the scoop. You'll know what I know. All I ask of you is that you do not disclose any information to anyone without clearing it with me first. When this is over you can write whatever you want. I won't try to censor you in any way."

"The scoop, huh? And you'll pay me? I would have done it for free. What time are you picking me up in the morning?"

"Let's make it 6:00. Where are you staying?"

Kim took out a pen and a slip of paper and wrote down the address. "I stay with my girlfriend Andrea and her husband when I'm in Vegas. I don't really want to spend the money on an apartment when I'm off in Bloomington or somewhere else much of the time."

"Well, Kim, it has been my pleasure and I'll see you in the morning."

Kim kissed him fondly on the cheek and squeezed Jack's arm. "I'm really looking forward to this adventure. There is so much you are not telling me. But you will. I'm willing to negotiate. Good night."

Jack wondered about the "willing to negotiate" comment all the way back to his hotel and until he fell asleep. She said it so seductively. Kim reminded him of a beautiful black exotic cat. A Panther perhaps. Definitely dangerous and a man-eater.

To Be Continued...

12