Priestesses of the Goddess Pt. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tara Cox
Tara Cox
2,504 Followers

She reached out a hand to draw the other woman up from where she knelt. Breath caught in her lungs as she noticed it for the first time, "Oh sweet goddess, we are standing in the clouds." They were not the deep scarlet red of Tavia's storm clouds or even the dark pink of its fluffy morning ones. These were blue, the softest, palest blue. And they wrapped like whispers about her feet, encircling the lower portion of her legs.

She reached down slowly, extended her fingers and felt their softness slip through her fingers. She remembered all the dreams she had once had as a girl of soaring among the clouds, weaving in and out of them likes the birds, like a flutterfly. She had told no one of the odd feeling of belonging that always accompanied those dreams; that left her waking each morning feeling as if all was right with the world.

But she had never imagined feeling such a thing. To stand on a cloud itself. To feel its soft tendrils embrace her like she imagined a lover would. She wanted to spread her arms then as this beautiful creature might spread its wings. She wanted to fall face first into it, feel it lifting her up and carrying her on its winds. To feel truly alive as she did as a little girl after one of those dreams.

But she was not a little girl anymore. Those were just dreams. The hard truth was that she was a dispossessed refugee. A High Priestess whose goddess had abandoned her. She had used her own gifts to bring down her altar. And now she was just a woman. A woman like anything other.

And that was the most liberating thought of all. A woman that was free of expectations. These people knew nothing of red hair that marked you from birth as her servant, doomed you to the barren life of a whore, used you up until like Lano you slipped quietly into the next life...if you were lucky.

No, this was a new place that new nothing of her goddess, of its temples. This was a beginning. A chance to have a normal life. With him, she thought as she looked over at the man who had been her charge, who when the darkness came had been her protector. The man who had always been her friend.

She shook her head and smiled as she reached for the woman, "I am sorry, but you are mistaken. I am no goddess. Only a woman," she answered with surety.

Tara Cox
Tara Cox
2,504 Followers
12