Reading the Defense Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you." Tears poured earnestly down her cheeks as she clutched his arms. He pulled her close and kissed her deeply, their tongues joining together, finding the place within the warmth of their mouths that was only theirs.

Releasing his lips from hers, he dropped his to the moisture along her face which only caused her to cry openly. "I've loved you from the beginning, but I was so stupid. So damned stupid." He continued kissing her cheeks, brushing his lips lightly across the soft skin, covering one side to the other. Samantha's fingers traced the stubble on Gabe's face.

Speaking through the tears that finally seemed to stop, "I like this." She dropped her lips to kiss his jaw line. Her fingers dropped from his face and she reached for the hem of his shirt, Gabe pulled away only to kiss Samantha's lips lightly as he got up to stand next to her. She watched in open appreciation as he stripped himself of all of his clothing. He crawled back onto the bed and straddled her legs, looking intently into her eyes, Gabe could see the tenderness that always warmed his soul with their gaze. Her black silky nightgown had bunched up at her hips and he slowly raised the fabric over her body, knowing she was fully naked underneath the garment. Samantha raised her arms as he lifted it off and shucked the material to the floor. Her arms rested on his shoulders, for a moment neither of them moved. Her fingers squeezed his shoulders, and as he felt her nails dig into the skin the pressure pooled into his arousal broke his concentration.

Gabe moved his body, allowing Samantha to fall back into the pillows. She widened her legs and allowed his larger frame in between. As they meshed their bodies together, Gabe reached out and cupped her face within his hands. He held her face lightly and couldn't hold himself back from the undercurrent of emotions that were consuming him. With all of the love spilling from his body, he found his voice.

"I love you." It was a quiet whisper that was filled with promises of putting Samantha first. Promises of waking next to her for the rest of their lives, enjoying the sounds of their children running through the halls of their home. It was a vow of honesty and tenderness. Lust and affection.

A tear escaped her eyes and trailed onto the pillows. Lifting up as best as she could, she captured his lips and kissed him gently. "I know." Leaning back against the pillows, Gabe pulled back and peered down at her. "You do?"

Lifting a knee, she ran her hand along his rib as her leg warmed his side. In a soft whisper, her big blue eyes held his darker ones in their gaze. "I love you too."

Gabe wanted to laugh, but more than anything he wanted to thank God for not losing this woman. He could see the meaning behind the words, see the truth in their bright depths. She was giving herself to him in every way she knew how. With her body cradling his, he carried the same gaze to her. Samantha knew he was giving everything back to her. The pain in his groin was killing him and he ached to bury himself inside of her. With their bodies so close, he could feel her warmth, feel the dampness between them, in the one place he fully belonged, but even so, he moved slowly.

Samantha bit her lower lip and kept looking at him, waiting. Gabe lowered his head and coaxed her lips with his. He tasted toothpaste and that always present taste of home as their kiss deepened. Her hands stroked his back, reveling in the strength that she missed dearly over the past several days. Samantha moaned as Gabe's hand stroked her thigh, her lips broke from their kiss as his hands rested on her sides and squeezed.

Samantha's body was quivering with need. She mumbled affectionate words as he inched closer but pulled away without making contact. When she nipped his lower lip and held onto the flesh with her own lips and scraped her nails on his gruff stubble, only then did he finally position himself into her slick opening. Samantha accepted him fully, Gabe filled her but moved with an ease that astonished him. His thrusts were controlled, but almost to the point of breaking.

Below him, Samantha encouraged and begged him for more. She provoked his urges to move faster and let go, making him love her all the more. Gabe thrust his hips skillfully, pulling himself almost all of the way out. Samantha dug her nails into his shoulders, crying out at him. When her muscles quivered, he thrust hard, jolting her body and sending her over the edge. She clung to him, vibrating as he continued to thrust into her. With her body tightly milking him, Gabe groaned urging himself to hold back. As her body loosened, he pulled out completely.

Samantha tugged at his waist and growled into his neck when she got her breath back. Reaching for any part of him, she trailed her fingers all over any patch of skin she could reach, massaging lightly as her fingers travelled.

He groaned at her touch and spoke quietly, his voice rough but still wicked. "Do you believe me Sam?"

She couldn't answer in word, instead she brought the tip of her tongue to his skin and allowed the pulse of his arousal to answer for her. Not wanting anything but having him inside her she placed a hand behind his neck and brought his lips down to hers. Gabe nudged her legs wider and sank into her in a single thrust ripping a groan from both of them when they made contact.

Moving slowly together in a timeless rhythm; climbing closer to the point of ecstasy but not quite trembling over. Their skin dampened from the resistance of completely losing all control. Gabe massaged her hips as he thrust deeply into her. He would pull almost all of the way out before slowly dipping back into her quivering center, taking little nibbles from her bottom lip as she started panting.

Placing her hands on his chest she felt his body trembling, stroking him lightly she brought her gaze up to his in time to see his head fall back for a minute. A groan escaped his lips before his head rolled back to look down at her. As he continued to move within her, with painfully slow strokes Samantha lifted up and lightly kissed his lips. Keeping her eyes locked on his she raked her tongue across his lower lip, before taking a nip with her teeth breaking every ounce of his control.

He started thrusting frantically as Samantha raised her knees up to take him closer to her very core. As their mouths fused together she ran her nails along his backside making him jerk madly. Knowing he was close he dropped his mouth to her neck and licked a trail along her collarbone. Samantha arched below him and gripped his shoulders, his tongue swirled again in the same spot with a little more pressure and she caved to the explosion inside of her body. Gabe kept thrusting, as her nails dug into his shoulders and as her body tightened around him he growled before biting down her neck and releasing within her.

Afterward Gabe pulled her close to him as if he would never let her go, Samantha ran the pads of her fingers across his chest enjoying the mat of hair she had missed desperately. Lifting herself she scooted up and leaned over him, his half eyes half closed saw her movement and opened to take her in.

"I love you, Gabe."

Smiling up at her, he reached around her and brought her lips down to meet his. She hummed a sweet sound and then crawled back to lie next to him, wrapping herself around him making it difficult to know where their bodies separated.

"You know, just because I put out doesn't mean you're forgiven though." Gabe squeezed her side, looking down at her again he raised an eyebrow.

"You owe me more than just a few really good seats to a game and free access to manhandling my jigs."

He barked a laugh at that. "Just what do I owe you then?" Shifting his body so that they were facing each other, he nuzzled her neck. Samantha's breath caught as Gabe nipped her collarbone for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Reaching around she ran her hands along his side. "Hmm, I'm not sure yet but I think it'll be fun for you to find out."

With Samantha lying on top of him, he turned and kissed the crown of her head. All of the pieces were finally together. He was right where he wanted to be. With the only woman who matched his soul. Knowing he was in the best place, he curled closer to Samantha and closed his eyes.

****

Through the month of December, Samantha found herself buried with activities and projects she needed her students to complete for the requirements of the school district. Gabe had spent more time on the field and with one on ones with a few players, working on snapping the cuff or sprinting technique than nights laying in bed with Samantha. They had spent the Christmas holiday together visiting his family in Michigan. At first, Samantha had been terrified and mostly intimidated to meet such a close family. Her feelings disintegrated and followed the chilly breeze as the truck pulled up to the house to an expectant family.

Almost immediately, she felt comfortable with each of the Russell family members. Laurie immediately whisked her away from Gabe and soon enough, she found herself holstered in the kitchen helping out with meal. Gabe took great pleasure in seeing her on the snow covered grass in the backyard when the family played their customary football game. He took even more pleasure when someone shouted out to him from the house and Samantha took advantage of his lapse of attention to tackle him.

As January came to an end, so did the season for the Cougars. Samantha sat next to Camille during the last home game of the season, the temperature had dropped and with the wind chill it hit well below zero. Both women didn't give it a second thought to sit anywhere but outside for this game, and chose to bundle up in thick down jackets. The Cougars were on fire and were hopefully going to wrap up the season 9-7 depending how the game went. The team was below the other playoff contenders and wouldn't make it this season, but the players were giving everything regardless of the outcome. Despite everything Gabe and Samantha worked very hard to have some time each day together, she was spending more time at his house ignoring the additional forty minutes it added to her commute in the mornings. Gabe took evening breaks and met her at the house for dinner or somewhere near her school, and every night he found his way to his bed or hers regardless of the time.

"So, what did Ernie say when you told him you were pregnant?" Camille smiled and looked out at the field in the direction of her husband.

"He cried, said he had been waiting for this moment since we'd been together."

Samantha saw right through her and nudged her with her knee. "He did not say that!"

"No, he threw me on the bed and well. Yeah. He was excited."

"You guys are so bad."

"What did Gabe say when you told him you were pregnant?"

"What? Oh my god no! That is not happening anytime soon. The man hasn't even met my family yet."

Camille nudged Samantha with her knee and smiled at her friend's shocked expression. "Are you and Gabe coming to dinner after the game tonight? If they win it's going to be pandemonium, but Ernie lives for that stuff."

"I don't think so. Gabe said something about driving up to his cabin right away. Why he wants to leave tonight, I have no idea."

"Really? That's strange; I didn't think he ever went up there unless it was the summer."

"I know, he was acting funny this morning before he headed out. He started saying something before stopping himself, and then left without his gummy worms." Samantha thought back to earlier that morning when she had laughed at Gabe as he shuffled out of the house, mumbling something low enough so she couldn't hear. "I mean he's forgetful in buying them but not about taking them with him."

"How did you get them to him?" Camille was curious because she'd never had luck with getting through some of the security guards.

"I just told the guards Gabe left something behind and I had to get it to him." Camille looked over at Samantha and raised her eyebrows, causing Samantha to laugh. "Of course they didn't let me get through, so I called Tony and he came out."

Camille laughed, "Why didn't you just call Gabe?"

"He never answers his phone on a game day." They both laughed and looked out onto the field as the players and coaches made their way to the benches.

"Well, he has something planned for the both of you."

If Liz were there she would have agreed with Camille. For weeks she had been saying the same thing that she had a feeling he was going to propose to her. When he didn't around Christmas, she extended it out to New Years. As she mentioned how she'd taken a week off to spend at the cabin at the end of the season, Liz squealed with excitement. Samantha didn't care what Gabe had up his sleeve, she only wanted him. Today, tomorrow, always, and would take him any way that she could.

The anthem had just finished and the announcers were awarding a local charity when Samantha's gaze turned to the corner where Gabe always stood. As if he knew she was looking for him, Gabe looked up from where he was and looked over at Samantha. A big smile broke out on his face as his eyes were riveted on her, in those dark eyes she saw his love beaming toward her. Reaching down she touched her chest above her heart and returned the gaze. He nodded his head at her and then turned his focus back to the game as it was about to start.

Samantha sat down in her seat with her hands still resting lightly above her breast, despite the winter chill she was warmed to her inner core. As the first quarter went underway, her eyes drifted to the action on the field as she watched one pass to the next, all falling into the Cougars' benefit a touchdown during the first twelve minutes of play. A slightly distracted Camille kept sneaking glances off to the side of the section they sat in. Samantha had not paid attention until she had asked Camille a question about an idea for a meal to cook, in a cabin that was sure to be cold. When she turned with an expectant look, Camille had been silently staring at a series of seats fifty yards from their own seats.

"Do you know someone over there?" Samantha nodded her head in the direction of the thirty five yard line.

Camille slowly nodded her head before acknowledging. "Yes, I do."

Laughing, Samantha nudged Camille with her shoulder. "You should go over there and say hello."

Camille turned and the smile faded from her face. "Sam, I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but...Gabe's ex-wife is sitting over there."

Almost immediately, Samantha's eyes darted over Camille's shoulder in the direction she had been staring at. She knew Gabe's past, but never wanted to see pictures of the woman he had once been married to. It was a time in his life when they did not know each other, and it wasn't that she had anything against the other woman but she still didn't want to know. "Where is she?" The curiosity in getting a glimpse of the woman confounded her.

"Are you sure you want to know?"

With a deep breath she spoke confidently. "Well, yes." Samantha's gaze followed Camille's as they both turned into the direction as to where Bree Cheniak was sitting. "Why would she be here?"

"Because Gabe's winning."

"But they have been divorced for years, he said he doesn't even talk to her."

"The last I heard she had been dating one of the coaches in Cincinnati. She gets around from players to coaches, Sam."

"There are too many people. Which section, Camille?" For the first time, Samantha's tone shifted and was filled with a sort of defensive conviction.

"She's wearing a shimmery down with fur on the hood. Her sunglasses—"

Samantha couldn't hear the description that Camille was giving. Bree could easily be found, her gold jacket was more suitable for an evening out, rather than a football game. Her crystal encrusted sunglasses dared anyone to avoid her. Her body screamed attention. Samantha breathed out and spoke quietly to herself, "She's beautiful."

Camille immediately turned back to Samantha to reassure her friend. "It doesn't matter how beautiful she is, honey. Who isyourman with every night?"

Samantha gave another deep breath, and in that moment Bree turned toward the two women. The air stopped moving in the stadium, at least it felt that way for Samantha. For a brief moment, the two women's eyes met. Samantha knew that Bree had figured out who she was just then. She could feel it in the pit of her stomach, an uncomfortable tug at her belly that passed almost immediately as she began to feel protective of herself and of Gabe and their relationship. She sat up straighter in her seat. As awkward as the situation should have been, Samantha remained confident and looked away from the other woman.

"Me."

****

By the end of the fourth Samantha had stopped thinking about Bree Cheniak, or the fact that she was sitting so close, as all of her thoughts were stuck on the actions on the field. The Cougars managed to beat Jacksonville by seven points. It was an incredible feat and an even better way of ending a brutal season plagued with injuries. Samantha left the stadium after Ernie met up with Camille inside. She had barely gotten to the parking lot, before Gabe caught up with her. He laughed at her rosy cheeks and bright nose. Once next to her, he lifted her off of the ground as they hugged. Samantha squeaked at his gesture and sighed as the scent of fresh soap waved off of him. After the game, he had undoubtedly congratulated the players and other coaches before showering. Everyone would be out celebrating together, but all he had wanted to do was get to Samantha.

Samantha clung to Gabe and tightened her grip around his neck. Turning to face him, she kissed his lips. Pulling away, she smacked her lips together before smiling. "I'm so glad you enjoymychapstick."

Gabe barked out a laugh and set her back on ground, before stealing another kiss. "Are you ready to go?"

Nodding her head enthusiastically, she was more than ready. She had been waiting for this break for as long as they had been together. For an entire week, they would be secluded up at his cabin in Michigan. Just the two of them. There would be no rushing to get away, no late nights where they would be watching game film together. They could simply just be together. Finally.

Once inside of the truck, Gabe reached over for Samantha's hand and held onto it tightly as they headed out onto the freeway. Samantha spoke first, "How do you feel right now?"

He smiled at her simple question. "Pretty great, the guys really pulled it together in the last few minutes." Samantha turned her body and moved their joined hands so they rested on her lap. She sat listening as Gabe went over the successful plays, not mentioning one bad one. He seemed to be on a high from the game and was only focusing on the positive; they might be out of the playoffs, but it was only by one game. It wasn't long before Samantha's eyes began to droop and she fell asleep as Gabe weaved in and out of the late night traffic.

It wasn't until he pulled off of the interstate, did she let go of his hand and wake up. Yawning, she turned to look out of the darkened windows. "Where are we?"

"Close to the cabin, we have to go through town for a few miles until we reach the lake."

Samantha kept gazing out into the darkness, unable to see anything beyond the wooded margin of the road. As they drove along Morenci Avenue, they approached streetlights at the edge of town that lined the street. The town was a local fixture where some businesses had fallen in the recession, but for the most part survived thanks to loyal patrons. As the truck crept through town, Samantha saw twinkle lights outlining the second levels of the buildings where small apartments were perched. The street was short but was home to a small grocer, a floral shop, a dance studio with open blinds in the front window and a walk up coffee stop.