Realms of Eden: Book 5: Hyak Anali

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shortly a yahoo was heard over the ships intercoms and Serenity, Lex and Lissa backed out swiftly with something large and noisy dangling from below their craft on tractor beams. The worm had to be at least five metres long, its girth at least two. It was making a high pitched squeal as its maw opened and closed in its anger. "Do you want this alive Majestic?" asked Serenity, her gasps as she controlled her slightly bucking craft with its heavy load evidence of the effort it was taking to control the beast.

"No, but drop it in the water beside the boat!" called out Alfred.

Turning to the others, he added, "If it dies, which I suspect it will, we can get it on board and see what the hell it has been eating to get that big!"

The green craft dropped the worm into the water ten metres from the Majestic as Lucy, Keith, Ben and Wilbur readied the launch to retrieve the monster. The worm struggled briefly in the salty water then died, harpoons fired and lodged into the scaly skin preventing it from sinking. In short order the team heaved it alongside the launch securing it to the side of the relatively small vehicle and hopped it back onto the rear landing deck.

Enyalius! Help me! screamed Siti's voice in his mind. The fucking things are attacking my people!

Siti had disappeared as soon as she saw her sister self extract the monster from the cave. Knowing that the cave's tunnel system led back to her palace and the quiet little village that grew up around it she had a fair idea how something like that had gotten so big. She was soon examining the devastation caused as the worms had slithered out of the tunnels surrounding the area.

She spoke with Wahli, Sohil and Ranyu who were not only her favourite lovers, but also the leaders of the tribe because of that favouritism. They told her how the creatures had not been noticed at first but the mouse and rat population had noticeably dwindled. Then the hens had started to disappear, some of the cats and dogs also. The men had hunted for what they believed to be a large cat, possibly a tiger or jaguar.

As they had camped out on the verge of the desert they had been attacked as they slept. Only the alert eyes of Ranyu, on watch in the early morning, who had seen the ground shifting had they been able to escape. The man sadly reported that two of the dogs and their young handler had been taking by something that had suddenly rushed up from under the ground in an explosion of sand and red gaping mouths.

When Siti had been gone for so long the men had decided that their goddess had been angry with them and the monsters were her punishment upon them. So they had decided to make sacrifice to the worms in order to appease her. At first this had been with chickens but the worms appeared to want something bigger so they had begun sacrificing some of the older men and women. Poisoning them and staking them out on the ground around the village.

Siti was horrified that her peaceful people had done this and wanted to know who had suggested this to them. She screamed in frustration when they recounted the story of a hooded man who had come to their nightly gathering around the central fire for cooking and singing and told them the tales of the sacrifices that had been made in other villages to appease the appetites of the Deathworms.

Sydney, Thelma, Jove and Ea stood in the bed chamber of Siti as she recounted her investigation. Thelma gently hugging the distraught goddess as she told them that her little tribe numbered less than half of their number than when she had left them.

"It appears," said Jove, "that the Majestic has created its own time zone!"

Ea nodded and to Siti and Thelma's questioning looks added, "The Majestic, by our measurement, has only been here for a week, ten days at the most. Yet from what Siti has told us the villagers believe that she has been gone almost ten years! Ever since she got them to bring the timber down for the funeral pyre."

A thoughtful group met aboard the Majestic to discuss the problems of the worms.

Jove had created protective shielding for all of the future visitors to prevent the transmission of disease without the loss of senses. Jokingly telling the group that if they wished to fully experience this ancient culture that they could so without worrying about increasing or decreasing the population of this time.

Siti had stayed with her villagers as had Donno, Jonesy, Lucy, Lissa and Lex. She had skilfully convinced her people that she had not abandoned them and that she had been kept away by another evil god who had wanted her people for himself. Around the evening fire she had brought them all to her bosom and promised that she had brought them protection. Introducing the tall white men and women, all were chosen because of their similar heights and builds, as a people from another friendly god named Syddy.

Her playful people were enraptured by the rhyming as songs were made up during the night about Siti and Syddy and how they would rid their village of the worms. Some of the songs were of an earthier nature and once translated for the 'friends of the goddess' caused high amusement as Syddy's appendage was likened to the long worms and used to joyfully skewer their insatiable goddess. "Not much chance of that now that he is married," sighed Siti.

I wouldn't be too sure of that my dear, came a soft voice in her head along with image of the brown hair and twinkling deep brown eyes of the recently wedded Mrs Douglas.

The teams had used their machines to dig a deep trench around the extreme outside of the village and diverted water from an underground stream to fill it. The trench was almost five metres wide and ten metres deep. Deeper in sections as they ensured that they found bedrock that they were sure would prevent the worms from getting through.

Donno and Jonesy had rigged some seismographic gear that Jebidiah had supplied them with to monitor movement under the ground inside the barricade and around its edges. They had delighted in showing the natives the patterns that were displayed when they stomped on the ground near the listening posts.

Jennifer helped them overcome the language a little, giving the crew some basic words to say and understand by implanting them in their minds. When her mother suggested that she give them a total understanding it was Ceridwen that gave the most logical reason for such a thing not to be done. "Syddy," she explained, "is helping their goddess and it must be seen that Siti is still their ruler. If Syddy and his helpers suddenly know all about them then they will simply switch allegiance or cause a division within the people.

"Remember Siti is here for another 500 years before she falls off the cliff in her incapacitated state." She added the last in a high pitched giggle in remembrance of the fate of Jebidiah's insatiable daughter.

Nudging the little goddess she gave her a wink sending, What a way to go!

Chapter 5 – Modern weapons for ancient foes

Sydney paced in front of the group. Of the realm masters, only Ea and Bacchus remained, the others saying that they would need to return to see what sort of mess had been going on now that they had openly declared their support for Jebidiah and his daughters. Jove laughingly suggested, "And the new god of the Whirlwind!" That remark brought many a smile and chuckle from the group that surrounded them on the deck to wish them farewell.

Of the civilians that had been snatched up for the wedding celebrations only Sally remained. Robert wanted to stay with his best friend and argued hotly that he could be of more use now than preparing the way for Whirlwind's assault on the Solomon Islands.

Sandy reminded him that not all of the battles were guns and explosives. Hearts had to be won as well. Robert saw that she was right and with only a couple of small protests he acceded to Sydney's request to prepare the battlefields in the thirtieth century.

Thelma snickered as she sat with Bonnie watching her private secretary and corporate lawyer drape herself over and under the red cloak of the Realm Master of Wine and Song. "I bet she has nothing on under that T-shirt, lucky cow!" whispered Bonnie to the blonde haired vixen whose eyes twinkled in merriment as she nodded in agreement.

"Sally deserves all the loving she can get. I think I might be looking for another private secretary by the time this is over."

Bonnie glanced shyly towards the older woman. "I'm looking for a part time job Thelma," she said softly.

Thelma's eyes met hers in critical appraisal. "No Bonnie, you are needed here! Who else is going to ride Dildo?" she giggled taking the sting of rejection from her comments.

"Jonesy or Simon can do it if Jennifer changes the imprinting. I need something else to do Thelma. I've lost Sydney and as much as I love the others on this boat, I am not sure that I can be here without being able to touch him, hold him, fuck him let alone love him!" Bonnie's eyes told Thelma how desperate she was to escape. They also told her how much the union of her Aunt and the warrior hurt her deep down. Still there appeared to be things still not understood by the group at the unexpected marriage. Things it appeared the new husband and wife argued about.

Thelma was prevented from arguing back to the girl when the man himself called for attention from the group that sat around the dining room. "Alfred has a few things to say then we need to work out how we are going to clean up this mess," Sydney stated.

Thelma noted that his voice had an edginess to it as if something was gnawing guiltily away in the man's mind. Probing his mind she was surprised to find herself shut out and the dark-blue eyes sadly looked into her mind as he sent, Sorry Thelma too many worries in there for you to help me with just yet. Listen to what Alfred has to say first and later, when we get time, we will talk. Capturing his stare across the room she nodded.

"Unfortunately people the news I have is not good but we will see what we can do about it!" began Alfred.

Penny interrupted, much to the amusement of everyone. "Alfred!" she called, simultaneously the human version and the cyber version answered. Turning to everyone around her she said, "See one of them has to change their name!"

Xavier called out, "Well it's not going to be the one in my bed! I am far too used to that name now, and I apologise in advance if I use it with any of you later." Her eyes never left the eyes of her lover and her eyes twinkled as he blushed.

The green faced man looked at his counterpart then smiled, the two exchanged something that the others could not read or interpret. "Try again Penny."

"Alfred?" the woman called. The monitor remained silent.

"Maxwell," said Alfred.

"Yes," the reply came from the wall.

"Show the results of the findings we got from the soil samples of the cave please, Max," said Alfred smiling.

Max explained that Alfred and Xavier had found shell casings in the sand that they had gathered. The shells of eggs that were over a million years old. Unfertilised they had, by virtue of the properties of the sand, been preserved awaiting the fertilisation by a male of the worm species or some other genetically compatible sperm.

Bonnie gasped, causing eyes to turn to her as she cried, "Oh no! Sydney's!"

Xavier and Alfred nodded sadly. Alfred continued, "Yes Sydney's poisoned and mutated sperm that you and Siti inadvertently caused to ejaculate from his body when you snuck him away for a bit of fun.

"Please, Bonnie it was not yours, Siti's or Sydney's fault.

"It was the way that Sydney's body trapped them combined with the genetic mutations caused by the blood of the wolverines. They were virulent and sought out life, just doing what sperm have done in every species known for billions of years.

"Unfortunately they found the eggs of a particularly nasty little critter, which by the way in their historic form never grew much more than fifteen or twenty centimetres in length."

Max showed pictures of the fossilised remains and resin trapped creatures on the wall monitors.

"So what caused them to grow into what they are now?" asked Keith Richardson.

"The growth triggers in my DNA," answered Sydney quietly.

"We know that because of the testing we did on the carcass of the large one that we retrieved from the cave," continued Alfred. "It was one of the first batch to hatch and being female it was aggressive and hungry. We believe that it was the first one to attack Siti's villagers and the ones that attacked us on the beach are quite likely fifth or sixth generation."

There was quietness around the room as people began to do sums in their heads until Sally piped up, "That means they are producing eggs that are hatching within a day!"

Ea smiled. "No little one. Time was moving differently on the boat to what it is out there," he pointed to the cliffs around them. "Siti's people believe that she has been gone for over ten years. Ever since the funeral. So the times for hatching would be roughly fourteen months. However, that also means that these bloody things seem to have a long life for a worm!"

"Well that one we brought back from the cave certainly didn't move like it was an old lady either," said Serenity.

"No, it wasn't," said Max, "we estimate that it was most likely in its prime. Given no untoward events it was probably likely to survive another forty perhaps fifty years."

"So how the hell do we kill them off?" asked Lucy. "We can't go around firing water cannons around the place at them!

"Besides Sydney is hard enough to ride when I have a full load on let alone carrying drums of water!"

She sat to some amused tittering among the group and even Sydney had to laugh at the use of her pet name for her craft.

Lucy giggled as she realised what she had said and with a little tickle from her twin.

"I think I might have an answer to that," said Jebidiah as he appeared beside Xavier and Alfred.

"Though Lucy I find you a hard enough ride when I have a full load on as well, my dear," he grinned.

The crew around them laughed uproariously at his comment and Lucy sweetly remarked, "You come up with a decent plan here my petal and you can saddle up for the ride of your life!"

Jebidiah said, "Done! Check out the back boys and girls!"

The craft that sat in the water beside the Majestic looked like a combination of a water boat and a hover craft, except the jets that appeared in four locations. Two sat at the prow of the boat, their sleek cockpits and elongated wings giving the appearance of speed and agility.

A large bird sat at the stern of the craft and dwarfed the other two, its wingspan easily the full width of the other two combined.

A smaller cockpit sat in the vehicle amidships, it seemed to be part of the boat itself except for the two stubby wings that sat either side.

"So where are Donno and Jonesy?" asked Jebidiah looking around the crew.

Sydney informed him that they were at the village guarding it against attack. As were Lissa and Lex. Lucy had returned with Thelma that morning to see what else could be done about getting rid of the monsters harassing the outskirts of the village.

"Well they have to be here to drive this thing," said Jebidiah and turned back towards Serenity with a questioning look.

Siti and the two soldiers appeared shortly afterwards, though Donno appeared very displeased to find himself standing in the group hastily zipping his fly as he found the eyes of all aboard staring at him.

Serenity giggled as Siti gave a very unladylike poke of her tongue at her sister self. "One of these days, Father, I am going to have some fun without you dragging that fun off me just as things get interesting!" she said, venomously, as her Father waved a hand to cover his naked daughter with a gown of white material that covered her from head to toe hiding her body from further stares.

"Quiet Siti please, you can have them back as soon as the other worms are dealt with!" said her father gently.

"Ok Jonesy you have attack craft I which is on the port side up the front. Simon you have attack craft II which is starboard side front. Access is via hatches underneath on the boat side," said Jebidiah.

The two men looked at him and Sydney suggested that they use the gangplank that sat between the Majestic and the new craft. The two were gone in seconds and shortly afterwards buckled into their designated craft with their helmets on.

Sydney observed the two men who seemed to be nodding at some unheard instructions that were being delivered to them. Turning to Jebidiah he was about to ask what they were doing when he saw the man holding up his hand and folding his fingers as he counted down. "3, 2, 1" he said as his fingers closed.

The group gave out an excited whoop as the two jets lifted off from the craft and shot skywards! "Yahoo!" screamed Jonesy over the Majestic's speakers as rapidly the two aircraft disappeared.

"Ok Keith, you have the big bird up the back, she is built for bombing runs and long range reconnaissance. You can carry two passengers as well, but I suggest you take her up for a solo run this time."

The man was heading across the deck before Jebidiah had finished speaking. Shortly afterwards the big bird lifted and was turning in a long slow arc around the cliffs before screaming back over the Majestic out over the inland sea.

"Donno!" said Jebidiah startling the man who was definitely looking a little green around the gills as he contemplated the realm master and the remaining jet attached to the boat.

"Don't worry Wilbur, it is only for emergencies that she can fly, you have the boat. The cockpit is designed to fly out if something untoward should happen or you find you need to do a bit of checking around where the boat won't fit. But for the most part the cockpit is for the armoured tank you control. It will carry out water and land activities, has an extremely flexible array of weapons, some of which you will find can be very useful for the worm hunting we are going to be doing."

The young man was chomping at the bit now eager to try out his new position. "Go on give her a spin matey. Oh and by the way you can carry up to 8 passengers in there with sleeping quarters for four." The man was down inside the craft before he barely finished.

"Jebidiah how the hell do you keep coming up with these toys?" asked Ea delightedly as he watched the big tank come boat move off from the Majestic and high tail it across the water at high speed.

"Necessity breeds invention. And that reminds me, Alfred!" the realm master called sharply.

"Yes Jebidiah," said the man sporting a huge grin on his face as he suspected what the man was going to say.

"You, mister computer wizard have a bit of explaining to do! Why have six of my robots suddenly found that they are being used to fuck the living daylights out of my girls? I haven't seen Alison and Janine off their backs or knees for weeks. Poor bloody Karen and Leanne have had to go to the medical realm three times to be treated for dehydration and if I hear the name 'Alfie' screamed out in the middle of the night one more time I am going to go spare! You could have at least given them different names!"

Xavier and Jennifer collapsed to the floor in fits of laughter, tears rolling down their cheeks as they each held each other in helpless abandonment of their mirth.

"It's alright for you two!" grumbled Jebidiah. "Your partners at least go soft when they are worn out but he didn't even give me that luxury. Perpetual hard-ons that never lack for a willing hole!"

Jennifer giggled from the floor, "Well Janine did suggest that she and Alison could get addicted." She held her stomach as she lost control of her laughter again.

1...34567...40